Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > The feel good thread      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 176
The feel good threadPage 8 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
.........ever had one of those days?..........

RoxyMoronic
Msg: 177
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/13/2018 11:38:43 AM
HB...where’s the kiddie pic?

Square....have a super time Wednesday on your date...is that bagpipes or the sound of wailing women’s hearts breaking all over Scotland?

Now c’mon, you gotta admit that was smooth :)
 billybonds
Msg: 178
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/13/2018 1:38:33 PM
^^^^^^

Soooooo cute 😆
 heavenlivesnear
Msg: 179
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/14/2018 12:36:05 AM
im so excited.... im getting a puppy and he's coming home tonight.

yesterday i introduced darius to his new friend brian and they love each other to bits... piggy play is very entertaining. hopefully piggy and puppy play will be equally as endearing....

edit..
just checked my mail.... markus is offering me cheap tokens which will apparently bring my dream match to the top of my searches, ready to be ensnared by my charming self...

my cup runneth over..

ooh i did get a valentines card from the dogs trust. percy, the dog i sponsor is an attentive boy and somehow got a card in the post... nice writing as well.. for a dog.
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 180
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/14/2018 12:58:59 AM
Squareslice - MSG 172 -
I really do hope that tonight is a truly special one for you both, it couldn't have fallen on a better night really.

Its nice to see some of the members pics of them as youngsters, makes a nice change.

Heaven - I too got the token offer, I`ll be declining politely though, however I have e mailed Natasha ( Event Mod ) to ask if there is a chance of a POF shirt in my size been sent over, thought it may be a nice touch for me for my UK pof events.

Hostess - Hope your loving your time off :-)
 NewYorker58
Msg: 181
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/14/2018 2:26:54 PM
Heaven, congrats on the puppy! Here's info on vaccinations. If you listen to vets, they will have you over vaccinating your dog. If you have questions about food, feel free to message me. This is the proper vaccination protocol: https://drjeandoddspethealthresource.tumblr.com/post/147595920886/dodds-vaccination-protocol-dogs-2016
 Hostess68
Msg: 182
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/14/2018 4:35:28 PM
I feel good!
Had a bubbly candle lit bath followed by a steak dinner - my fav. Had a little wine now off to a warm bed.
So ok! The candles were cos the light in my bathroom doesn't work and had to cook my own dinna - No valentine showed up but then.... Hooray! Telly to myself!
P.S How do you fix the fitting for a bathroom light pull switch? Save me Lord! I might need a man! Just for that though lol
 NewYorker58
Msg: 183
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/14/2018 5:02:45 PM
Electricians are expensive. Like if they work for a company. See if you can find a handyman that does electrical work, and get quotes for the work from a few people. Or, see if any friends can handle doing it. It could be something simple. A friend helped me with my furnace. I ordered pizza when he came by to check it out, then made dinner for him when I got the part for him to fix it. I sent him home with food too.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 184
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/15/2018 1:31:08 AM
Fixing your light switch -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeOiovb72yk
 Hotbeaching
Msg: 185
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/16/2018 9:31:27 AM
Roxy, mine was way less cuter than yours, I’m looking for a better one ;-(
 Hostess68
Msg: 186
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/16/2018 3:39:32 PM
Pull light switch in bathroom just worked! I did nothing to it! No lekky bill or nuffin! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY! Having no money and living alone; this is major happy!
 try1more
Msg: 187
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/16/2018 4:09:54 PM
nothing to worry about hostess.
mine does the same every now and then, it's caused by the steam which collects around it and must get in, it is after all mounted on the ceiling, although it's probably also due to wear as it never used to happen, i'll probably have to replace it sooner or later, for me thats a simple job and they are cheap.
i just leave it to dry out and it will start working again.
 Hostess68
Msg: 188
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/16/2018 4:15:32 PM
Was cleaning the tiles with a broom before it happened. Too short to reach the top
In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 189
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/18/2018 12:31:29 PM
Hope you enjoyed your time off Hostess
I’ve this week off, Monday morning lie-in. I’m not getting up till.....ooooh.....at least......8. And then I’ll have to force myself to stay in bed till then.
I was able to lie in much better when younger.
I remember once when my niece was staying and she meant to ask ‘what time you getting up in the morning?’
What she actually said was ‘you getting up in the morning?’ I replied ‘bloody hope so’
Ahhhh how we laughed.
Whatever.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 190
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/20/2018 4:16:23 AM
Have been suffering first with gout which kicked off the arthritis in my knee for the last 4-6 weeks. I've been doing the exercise and taking the drugs. Yesterday my Doc upped the painkillers to cocodamol and I am walking again with just a little pain. Feeling a lot happier.

Oh and a goal - could life be any better?
 Squareslice
Msg: 191
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/20/2018 4:23:44 AM
Feeling a lot happier or just spaced out, Chap?

Lovely sunny day spurred me on to do my winter service on my bike. Gonna be cycling early this year.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 192
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/20/2018 4:53:53 AM
Yes, got to be careful with that. I spent most of yesterday afternoon asleep. Don't know if that was catchimg up on sleep or the drugs, not used these before.

Enjoy your bike ride. I must get mine out too. Bought it 5 years ago with good intentions but.............................
 vlad dracul
Msg: 193
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/20/2018 5:10:34 AM
Chapster
"Have been suffering first with gout which kicked off the arthritis in my knee for the last 4-6 weeks. I've been doing the exercise and taking the drugs. Yesterday my Doc upped the painkillers to cocodamol and I am walking again with just a little pain. Feeling a lot happier.

Oh and a goal - could life be any better?"

See the next time you see your quack mate ask about getting a cortisone injection into your knee. I'm getting one into my right knee the morn. My left knee is fine after getting a titanium/polythene replacement.

Has he gave you anti inflammation tablets as well? I get naproxen, co-codomol, dihydrocodeine, tramadol and amytriptimine (spl for them all?).

Tis nippy having your bones grinding away eh?

And mind riding your bike might make your knee get a bit worse.

As for a natural cure or aid for arthritis look up cabbage as a help for arthritis. Ive no tried it yet as the cortisone and painkillers and anti inflammation tablets usually help.

Cabbage Leaf Poultice

Cabbage leaf has been used for centuries for swelling, ulcers, sprains, and strains. In one Swiss hospital, patients with rheumatoid arthritis have their swollen joints wrapped at night in cabbage leaves to help reduce joint swelling and pain.

https://www.rd.com/health/conditions/2-natural-remedies-for-arthritis-relief/
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 194
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/20/2018 8:42:12 AM
Co-Codamol is interesting stuff - don't take too much.
If you have stomach problems & have been taking Ranitidene (Zantac)
or any other 'pump suppressant' for a while, these can
produce gout-like symptoms (been there)- the answer is to
use Peptac liquid or similar until it settles............

rekirked
Msg: 195
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/20/2018 9:31:24 AM
Fcuk me I thought this was the feel good thread? Now I feel depressed coz I’m going to be 50 in a couple of weeks and it appears I have gout, knackered knees and a Superdrug outlet in my bathroom to look forward too

The sun is shining, the birds are coming back and singing, it’s wonderful. Even being asked for over 500 quid to tax my car hasn’t dented my happiness today.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 196
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/20/2018 11:15:47 AM
Kirk
"Fcuk me I thought this was the feel good thread? Now I feel depressed coz I’m going to be 50 in a couple of weeks and it appears I have gout, knackered knees and a Superdrug outlet in my bathroom to look forward too"

Tsk. Your just a young pup mate. No even 50 yet. Tsk.

The birds still sing, the sun still shines (no very often though to be fair) and taxing your car will always be there.

But up here in my homeland when you turn 60 you get a free bus pass that you can use anywhere in Scotland. So from the borders to the highlands i can nip away any day i have free and go for a pint all over Scotland.

So happy days there then.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 197
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/20/2018 1:11:59 PM
In the states, we have age-related discounts, some starting at 55. It's about 10% off on things, from once a month money off on groceries, restaurants on certain days including fast food, movies, etc. I see this link says some prescriptions are free for you! https://www.zeek.me/gift-vouchers-blog/discounts-uk-senior-citizens/

Chap, if your condition warrants a knee replacement, I'd consider it to stay off of anti-inflammatories like NSAIDS or steroids. They're not good for the kidneys long term. I flew with my dog to another state several years ago to get her a preventative laser surgery for her back discs to lessen the use of those drugs. People seem to do really well with knee replacements. In the end, you do what you need to do to keep moving forward☺

Kirk, 50 is the new 40, you're still gonna be a youngster☺

My feel good for the day, I'm being sent a part replacement without a huge hassle for my furnace (house heater) after the part previously sent is not working right. Got to love good customer service!
 Hostess68
Msg: 198
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/20/2018 2:33:43 PM
After a couple of days of anxiety disorder, I getting me grove on and feeling good to this..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKlwD7FOZDY
 Squareslice
Msg: 199
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/20/2018 4:04:15 PM
New Yorker, everyone in Scotland gets free prescriptions, regardless of age... but maybe that would go down better in a feel bad thread.

Shouldn't have mentioned that until the Roman folly of Hadrian's wall is rebuilt. Calling it a folly as us Scots felt good about just sailing down the coast to gie the twunts a gubbin!
 NewYorker58
Msg: 200
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 2/20/2018 4:29:13 PM
Free prescriptions, that's a good thing☺

Do people from Scotland and the UK use the same terminology or at least understand each other? For instance, I don't know what "gie the twunts a gubbin" means. I couldn't look it up either, but did look up Hadrian's wall.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > The feel good thread