Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Long-Timers Who Live On the Forums      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 browneyesboo
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Long-Timers Who Live On the ForumsPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I'm just here for the snacks and the entertainment, and the practice
of dodging bullets.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Long-Timers Who Live On the Forums
Posted: 2/20/2018 2:24:20 PM
You're too fast. I have a time with moving targets. It's hard to lead when you change directions.
 Cynderella
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2018 11:50:24 PM
I live here cuz it's rent free and
it beats living in my mommy's
basement.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 29
ah well, live and lurk
Posted: 2/21/2018 7:11:58 AM
I used to enjoy the education I got here, listening to others. Then the mental exercise I got researching what they said. then I got das boot, and started catching up on TED talks. Then I decided to experiment computerically, and got back here again.
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2018 11:21:07 PM
Yeup, I'm a long time lurker... and I live here 'sometimes'...
The PoF forums are my little rocks that I hide under when I don't want to deal with "real" society...

Even my teenage son has said "so how are your imaginary friends today???"
(remember, nothing is real until we meet.... so I guess he's right... lol)

dang....
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/22/2018 3:20:22 AM

how are your imaginary friends

I hd one when I was 3.

His name was Marty. He lived under my bed & i called him to come out when my sister went to school.

(anyone recall "The Adventures of Spin & Marty?)
 Naturalselection53
Msg: 32
ah well, live and lurk
Posted: 2/22/2018 6:41:44 AM

I used to enjoy the education I got here, listening to others. Then the mental exercise I got researching what they said. then I got das boot, and started catching up on TED talks. Then I decided to experiment computerically, and got back here again.

Glad you found your way back, I always enjoy your posts. Nothing quite as sexy as a intelligent man.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 33
ah well, live and lurk
Posted: 2/22/2018 1:48:23 PM
Thanks, its fun to be back, its nice to be appreciated.

"remember, nothing is real until we meet"

>>>sometimes, not even then :) Just to waste bandwidth with a story...I drove 2 hrs to the other end of the state (thankfully before we got another snow and sleet storm) to attend a reading of a will. Someone I didn't know passed away and somehow I got on the list of inheritance. I arrived an hour early with a bunch of paperwork to prove that i'm probably not the droid they are looking for (to quote Ben Kenobi). Not that I wouldn't mind another inheritance, but, you know, its like shoes, how many inheritance do you really need. So the first real inheritors to show up, did so to see family members they haven't seen in years (Weddings, funerals, and probate court will readings, right?).

Unfortunately, they are old enough it takes a few times to explain, I am NOT the nephew they haven't met. But we strike up a conversation and get along well, b/c I know something about their hobbies so I can keep the conversation from lasping. The next relative, a little sleezy, a little burned out, stumbles in, and I have to explain again i'm probably not related. The first family members tell me he lost his memory and broke his back in a street racing accident in New York City. Well, I know cars, I know New York street racing in his day, so now he and I are talking up a storm (well, he's mumbling, i'm talking, until the lawyer shows up, a bottle blonde Russian missing the top three buttons of her blouse to prove she's built like a brick shithouse. So, he's Russian over to Mack Daddy her up. Not an act I tried to follow). And so it goes with the other family members, as I get to learn about them, and the family dirty laundry about who they think will not show up.

Finally, we get called in, find out that the person they thought I was (his name was not Marty), is the moron who called this meeting...and he and his lawyer aren't showing up, and can't be reached to explain why. So, now that we're finally allowed into the boardroom, its now time to go, and I tell everyone it was nice to meet them, and Mr. Street Racer gives me his business card b/c he's a big shot who usually doesn't hand out his card, and I wait to give the lawyer my paperwork to photocopy so she can prove I ain't who I ain't. She apologizes for wasting my time, I say it was a gas, I got to included in a family not mine, and got to hear the gossip. she found that amusing. or she thought I was worth laughing at. who knows.

sometimes, even when i'm real, i'm not real :)

as for living here and lurking or not lurking, this is, ultimately, a site about relationships. Friendships, acquaintanceships, respect, maybe romance amongst some of us...that's what its all about. you want a forum about human interaction, well, you're going to get some.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 34
view profile
History
ah well, live and lurk
Posted: 2/23/2018 8:07:51 AM
^^^^I just realized who you are (I think)...you live close to me.
But I didn't realize you were so young.

At any rate...welcome back!
We've saved your seat!
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 35
ah well, live and lurk
Posted: 2/23/2018 8:44:47 AM
1) you think correctly..as everyone here knows

2) I do live relatively close

3) thank you for the welcome back

4) its nice to know someone saved my "Seat" :)
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 36
view profile
History
ah well, live and lurk
Posted: 2/26/2018 4:11:00 PM
^^^^^

Well (no water puns intended) it would appear that a good 'booting' from PoF is also the fountain of youth.... someone has returned a good couple of decades younger....
Welcome back you...

* I was slow on the uptake of Mr Mustang's identity... must make sure I up my Brahmi (brain connection) consumption...
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Long-Timers Who Live On the Forums