Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Guy slept with me then blocked me?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gtomustang
Msg: 226
Guy slept with me then blocked me?Page 10 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
I have watched over some flirting episodes, where the guy thinks he has a chance (according to what he tells friends), and the woman's friends admit...he has no chance, she's stringing him along. Or she doesn't realize she's stringing him along. Or she pretends she doesn't know. Those people who love to advise, "Flirt for the sake of flirting, enjoy it, don't worry about the end goal" will see nothing wrong with it. Those who only flirt to get laid, will...and be criticized by the "go out and enjoy life" crowd :)

as for the relationship described in the article, I suspect its two humans who share a similar thrill--going home with the person everyone in the bar is hoping to go home with. They both want "the prize".

"If the boyfriend is so great, why not just hang out with the boyfriend and find someone you like better to be your husband so you wouldn't be so dependent on a male friend? Male friends are great, but they are not a substitution for your husband."

>>that is a question. some relationships can deal with the fact a partner isn't perfect, if friends can be a "pressure release valve". Not for sex, of course, but if one person has interests the other person isn't interested in, its nice to have a friend to share that interest with, and not bother the partner with it. its having a life outside the relationship, and not being so clingy.
 blackbeauty744
Msg: 227
view profile
History
Guy slept with me then blocked me?
Posted: 1/27/2018 7:21:00 AM
I have not read through all of the comments but at first glance this reminds me of Nataly66678.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 228
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2018 7:30:39 AM
Well I hope my next dating experience is more long term and the guy is crazy for me haha that would be nice for once.
Kinda wish I could date a Russian figure skater, that's the dream lmao.
;)
 cooldog65
Msg: 229
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2018 8:22:55 AM

But after this thread I may need something stiffer....

Morning wood...
 ohenryx
Msg: 230
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2018 10:14:39 AM
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/insight-therapy/201801/secret-affair-who-cheats-and-why

On the long running debate over why men claim to have had more sexual partners than women:

Men are more likely to have affairs than women—the disparity is due in part to the fact that more men than women visit prostitutes

And someone here (NY58?) stated that people who had cheated before were 350% more likely to cheat again, and here we have:

One robust general finding in psychological research is that past behavior predicts future behavior. This appears to hold true with regard to infidelity. For example, Kayla Knopp of the University of Denver and colleagues followed 484 adult participants longitudinally through two heterosexual romantic relationships. Their findings showed that those who reported engaging in extra-dyadic sex in the first relationship were three times more likely to report engaging in such behavior in their next relationship (compared to those who did not report engaging in affairs in the first relationship).

And if you want someone who won’t cheat on you, start going to church. (No thanks, not for me, but ..)

Religiosity is another factor. Specifically, attendance of religious services is reliably predictive of lower rate of affairs. Additionally, those who take the bible as the literal word of God are also less likely to stray.

And finally, this being an OLD site, we can’t close without bringing you this tidbit:

Finally, as with all things sexual, the Internet provides a new context within which infidelity occurs. In general, people who seek sex on the Internet are more likely to have affairs, and a majority of those who look for sex online end up having real-world sex with the partner they met online, often in secret. Moreover ‘Internet infidelity,’ although difficult to define and research, is increasingly becoming a source of relationship stress and strife deserving of further study—as well as its own future column.

Who woulda thunk it? People who look for sex online tend to actually engage in real world sex. My, what a world we live in.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 231
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2018 12:06:12 PM

Well honestly I hate it if they try to do anything sexual if they don't have feelings for me, or basically any affection.

He did (the 1st guy, what the thread's about). It just wasn't Enough where he'd want to be an item.

Feels messed up to me. Like why the fvck are you touching me if you don't like me? fvck offff lol.

He did like you enough. He liked you enough to go out on a date, and if you measured up to your pics, he likes you enough to fool around. What YOU are defining as "like" is Really Like. No, one doesn't have to REALLY like someone to like them enough to fool around.

what The, I never slept with him lmao...

They're referring to the 1st guy. Yes you did. Read the title. :)

but anyway this guys really nice and seems to give a crap about not hurting me so he didn't lead me on or just try to get sex. He still wants to see me but as just friends. :)

Yeah, he's a normal guy. You two fooled around, he liked ya and all, but doesn't want to be an Item. He likes your company where the 1st guy, only in-the-moment, which could translate into something a little more than that, but instead, you were "WTF" because he wasn't That into you -- so he ran. This other guy, he liked being in your company more, he got his knob slobbed on, enjoyed time -- but he's also Considerate with your more sensitive emotions, and would like to be your friend (and benefits here and there, IF you're game but he won't push for it if he's a nice guy).

As far as Expectations are concerned between you and a guy, going out on date 1/2/3 and talking -- but at the end, he's not That into you -- actual sex VS oral sex should make NO difference. They're both fooling around. You can't say "Oh, I had SEX with Frank -- and he didn't want to keep seeing me?!" vs "Oh, I just blew Jimmy a few times, as long as he's a considerate guy, it's cool if he doesn't want to." :)

NG, what is your ascertion, that if men cheat, there have to be an equal amount of women cheating?

No. I'm saying when you survey people about things potentially embarrassing that affects social status -- you're not going to get accurate results. Case-in-point: # of people you had sex with. Men & Women ARE more-or-less equal as a Fact. But surveys are off where women Always claim to have slept with a lesser #, many times by A Lot.

My point on what you pointed out -- even the survey results you wrote out are weird. 35% of women claim they cheated on a business trip, yet 14% claim they ever cheated at all? Huh? :)

Guys love the pros on business trips.

And from your survey results, men & women equally claim cheating on business trips. Women get guys coming to them -- when she's single or not. Makes up for more women staying at home moreso than men and/or the emotional "jump" to cheat that men tend to be less afraid of. Imagine a married or in-LTR gal going to your alleged grocery store where guys are all over the gals, over time... when she likes the affection, and, during a period down the line when her relationship is rocky.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 232
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2018 12:36:29 PM
LiR, I'd say Winona Ryder to play Sienna. As evidenced by her shoplifting, she likes risky behavior too☺

Mustang, doing activities together is one more way to bond. I don't want that bonding done with other women. My ex-h hated my male friends, one in particular. He probably saw him as competition. Since my ex was a cheater, naturally he thought that way, and didn't want to be cheated on☺

Henry, I don't recall if I posted info, but I have read many times how relationships have a less of a chance of working as you go forward. Cheaters are always gonna cheat, or have the propensity to continue cheating. I saw less breakups in NY where people are mostly Catholic, as opposed to WA state, where the men state no religion. I definitely not say church goers won't cheat.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 233
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2018 11:17:12 AM
Alright I have decided nothing sexual at all (not even kissing) until its serious and they have to tell me how many they have slept with and had a std check.
Most guys these days can't even remember how many they have slept with. It's a serious risk for stds and like herpes can't be cured so I'm taking it very seriously. Can't afford to take risks. Its a serious health concern imo.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 234
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2018 12:54:02 PM

Kahlua is the best....

I most strenuously object to your callous disregard for superior liqueurs.

Kahlua is pretty good, but Baileys Irish Cream, Grand Marnier, Chambord, and Cointreau are all superior.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 235
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2018 2:37:40 PM

Alright I have decided nothing sexual at all (not even kissing) until its serious and they have to tell me how many they have slept with and had a std check.

Worst idea. Ever. No joke. :) We should keep things in check when it comes to our comfort zones -- but at the same time, we need to realize that we can't ask everyone to conform to our comfort zones... we Also need to adjust our own comfort zones. What you describe doing -- is honestly Fueling THE reason why your 1st guy ran. You're Creating a problem.

Someone doesn't want to kiss you -- except a short 1st date or a daytime 1st date -- they're Not Interested. Bye bye. And most importantly: Things AREN'T serious with someone you haven't kissed yet. So you'll be going Nowhere. And telling a guy he can't kiss until then, he'll rightfully think you're crazy with emotional problems. World doesn't revolve around you. You want another guy to "pay" for your troubles due to other guys (where nothing's ever a part of your doing)? Bye bye. A guy asking a gal to "pay" for his past frustrations in dating is just as silly, too.
 Don56789
Msg: 236
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2018 3:57:56 PM

Most guys these days can't even remember how many they have slept with. It's a serious risk for stds and like herpes can't be cured so I'm taking it very seriously. Can't afford to take risks. Its a serious health concern imo

Don't make it wait too long, don't draw it out too much... try to find out if he's serious early on.
Don't have sex too soon, but no kissing?

And herpes isn't that terrible, most of the time. Mostly outbreaks. Few people become seriously ill unless they have a weak immune system or have caught an unusual strain.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 237
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2018 6:47:04 PM
Don, Herpes involves painful blistering on one's genitals. That pretty much is going to end your sex life. You can take medication to try and control the outbreaks, but you're still contagious to everyone. Herpes never goes away. I find it odd that you don't think it's that bad, LOL.

Sienna, to say you won't kiss someone on a date sounds unrealistic and believable to me. Do what you want and see what your continued results will be. Keep it up, and everyone in town will know your name and then you will be really popular.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2018 6:57:19 PM
I remember years ago the old "Pump and dump" ploy employed by many studly online dating male pua's.

Is "Sleep and block the new P@D? Was any pumping involved in the sleeping? And is blocking someone like dumping them? I'm confused ....
 Don56789
Msg: 239
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2018 2:57:36 AM
New Yorker, hi!

The thing is it's not, most of the time ...deadly or anything...more an inconvenience. A lot of people have no symptoms. Take medication and warn lovers.
I just meant that it's not the end of your love life.
Not having it is better, though. lol

It's just not always a big bad monster! lol
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 240
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2018 3:01:10 AM

Worst idea. Ever. No joke. :) We should keep things in check when it comes to our comfort zones -- but at the same time, we need to realize that we can't ask everyone to conform to our comfort zones... we Also need to adjust our own comfort zones. What you describe doing -- is honestly Fueling THE reason why your 1st guy ran. You're Creating a problem.

Nawh first guy just wasn't into me. Same as the 2nd but second had more decency lol.
I'm not playing this game with guys where they think they can kiss me and shit when they don't even like me.
With guys it's like give an inch and they take a mile.
Dating is essentially a degraded **stardized version of becoming friends with someone. Except they don't even really like you or care much about you.
Except where they are also being sexual somewhat and kissing. It's not even natural imo, honestly.
To me, I wouldn't be kissing someone or cuddling or anything unless I was interested in them and liked them and want to be with them.
It is different for a lot of people and guys it seems.
It's basically like guys will use prostitutes but obviously they have no feelings for the prostitute and don't want to be with them. It's pretty much the same except it's free. Perhaps why guys are so into dating and casual dating. Free and easy way to get sex.

I'm not playing this game by their rules anymore because it's a joke quite frankly. If I meet guys and they're not into me, then so be it, we don't date obviously but I'm not going to allow them to have fun with me or kiss me etc until I know they're actually interested and like me and have feelings. I'm not here to meet their needs, when I don't even know them or if they even are into me lol.

If the guy is butthurt because I won't sleep with him or do sexual stuff, then that is good, it's weeding out guys I don't want anyway, you see. No I don't want to kiss someone I don't even know or know if they even like me, it's weird and unnatural.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 241
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2018 3:12:42 AM

I most strenuously object to your callous disregard for superior liqueurs.
Kahlua is pretty good, but Baileys Irish Cream, Grand Marnier, Chambord, and Cointreau are all superior.

I love liquors, I collect them and make my own****ails.
Mainly like sweet types though like I made my own Pina Colada but added Peach schnaps, banana and red grenadine at the bottom
was so amazing lol.
Apart from that, Pavan and st Germain Elderflower liquors are really nice
oh and my personal favorites are malibu and midori
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 242
Posted: 1/29/2018 11:31:24 AM

LiR, I'd say Winona Ryder to play Sienna.

Samuel L. Jackson would play me.

I saw less breakups in NY where people are mostly Catholic, as opposed to WA state, where the men state no religion.

Right, because religious folks are morally superior, eh?? Do you really want to go down this road? If so, I'll drive, and you better fasten your seatbelt.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 243
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2018 12:51:28 PM
Sienna wrote:
OK, If I'm not mistaken, I think you're the one who talked about actually buying and wearing a chastity belt?

No need to bother with that chastity belt. If this is really your outlook.... Just add a spartan interrogation room, chair, table, bright light in his face, take copious notes.....and pound your fist on the table a few times........and as long as the door's unlocked, he'll be takin' the Usain Bolt flight outta there.....no chastity belt needed.....
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 244
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2018 12:58:33 PM
NY58 wrote:
I saw less breakups in NY where people are mostly Catholic, as opposed to WA state, where the men state no religion.
I've come to agree with you on some stuff, NY58....but when it comes to politicky type stuff, these sweeping generalizations from you make sometimes wonder when I'm gonna see your pic driving one of those giant street NYC street sweepers.
 gtomustang
Msg: 245
put on your chastity belt and enjoy the long ride
Posted: 1/29/2018 2:33:12 PM
Geez, what actor would play me? probably someone dead and from the past, with my luck.

NYC has the Catholics? I thought it was Bawstun--I mean, I've heard the slur, "Noo yawk jew" but not "noo yawk cat'lick" .

"do you really want to go down this road, if so i'll drive and belt you"

>>>I see that going well. Or maybe they'd end up in the back seat for angry sex. does she know how to work a stick?

"I most strenuously object to your callous disregard for superior liqueurs."

>>>you'd be amazed, how much women love a superior licker. but yeah, give a woman an inch, and she'll run away from you a mile.

"Dating is essentially a degraded **stardized version of becoming friends with someone. "

>>>in ancient times, courting was for marriage, and that was for money and sharing kingdoms. as we have gotten more materially stable, women may not be in so much need of a man to get her out of her parents' house to do social things. even before cellphones, she could talk to people on her own from her house, or get in her car and go wherever they were.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 246
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2018 10:28:10 PM
Pig, you drive? I don't think do. There is the potential for people taught morals as part of religion for it to stick with them later in life. I don't know how parents raise kids without religion with regard to teaching them morals in life. So to answer your question, I can't answer your question. But, I don't think staying married means one is morally superior.

SS4544, this is not political. There are a lot of Catholics in NY.

Mustang, there are a lot of Catholics in NY, between the Irish, Italians and Spanish that are predominant groups. For many Catholics, there's a stigma about divorcing. It can make people try harder to stay together or just stay married for the purpose of not divorcing.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 247
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2018 11:13:36 PM

Nawh first guy just wasn't into me.

He didn't block you Just because he didn't have the enough-attraction to start dating you. The reason he blocked you grows from the same stem as to the reason you're implementing this mindset that guys have to follow your RuLeZ.

Same as the 2nd but second had more decency lol.

Well, he liked you a little more, he was a nicer guy, things went more smooth even though at the end of the day he wasn't wanting to start dating you -- and things didn't blow up or anything.

With guys it's like give an inch and they take a mile.

The type of gal who thinks "If we make out, you Better become my BF!" -- is wanting to take a mile when given an inch. You're just following your emotions as The Truth. That's the bottom line. It's skewing your world view, due to unfortunate circumstances, and emotional issues. Your mindset is like someone who's 16 and just started dealing with boys.

To me, I wouldn't be kissing someone or cuddling or anything unless I was interested in them and liked them and want to be with them.

Most women are willing to kiss & curl up without wanting to ride off into the sunset with him. Plenty of women (fish) on here have Dating-But-Nothing-Serious. It's not a copyrighted guy thing. But yes, for YOU, and a segment of society -- they can't handle kissing someone They Like and then finding out thru demonstration that the other isn't That into them. Having a "no kiss" rule is going to get you NOWHERE. It's scary, is my point. To guys AND girls.

I don't know how parents raise kids without religion with regard to teaching them morals in life.

Oh Hey-Zeus. Being ethical in life doesn't require religion. Taking them to Church every Sunday has a mild helpful effect I guess, but in the grand scheme of things it isn't so strong. Ethics are natural, we're communal beings. I don't have to whip out the Bible and go "Oh, no, I can't rob the liquor store?!" It's more of a reminder of good & bad (and if mommy & daddy can't stop you, there's a big man in the sky who will shame you; and another one in the North Pole who will give you coal). The real crux of it is living poor with little feasible opportunity when growing up poor. In reference to your divorce-rate thing, non-religious people don't have a higher divorce rate.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 248
Posted: 1/29/2018 11:50:21 PM

Pig, you drive? I don't think do.

I have no idea what the hell this means.

I don't know how parents raise kids without religion with regard to teaching them morals in life.

Morality is independent of religion. Are you saying the only thing that has stopped you from harming others is the fact you were told there's a sky daddy (who doesn't quite come across as moral himself in the Bible, ironically) who doesn't approve?

You've been alive 59 years, and you don't know *one* non-religious person who is what you would describe as "moral"?
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 249
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2018 3:39:06 AM

He didn't block you Just because he didn't have the enough-attraction to start dating you. The reason he blocked you grows from the same stem as to the reason you're implementing this mindset that guys have to follow your RuLeZ.

Not that I really care why he blocked me now, but honestly I think he thought it was simply the easiest to just block me rather than deal with being honest. The other one was nice enough to be honest and take the time saying he isn't interested where the first one was lazy and didn't give a crap lol.

The type of gal who thinks "If we make out, you Better become my BF!" -- is wanting to take a mile when given an inch. You're just following your emotions as The Truth. That's the bottom line. It's skewing your world view, due to unfortunate circumstances, and emotional issues. Your mindset is like someone who's 16 and just started dealing with boys.

No way, stop putting words in my mouth. What I said is it is fked up to be making out with me in my eyes if they don't actually like me or want something serious. I'm not a prostitute they can play with and then walk away from.
That is the problem with guys dating now, they treat women like cheap whores.
I have morals and standards. Hence I will not allow them to try and treat me like a cheap whore lol.
Unless I know that they don't see me as one and they actually like LIKE me and have feelings. That takes time though so obviously that is why it will take many dates before that point.

Most women are willing to kiss & curl up without wanting to ride off into the sunset with him. Plenty of women (fish) on here have Dating-But-Nothing-Serious. It's not a copyrighted guy thing. But yes, for YOU, and a segment of society -- they can't handle kissing someone They Like and then finding out thru demonstration that the other isn't That into them. Having a "no kiss" rule is going to get you NOWHERE. It's scary, is my point. To guys AND girls.

Don't care. I don't want to or have to play the game by their rules. I don't even want guys who would want that anyway.
If they don't like me because I'm not doing what they want, then too bad. It's so much easier to weed out the ones I'm not wanting who would be down to using me.
 gtomustang
Msg: 250
Posted: 1/30/2018 9:59:03 AM
just to go back to hijacking this thread :)

"there's a potential for people taught their morals thru religion, to stick to them"

>>>most children are taught to act nice, and even with their little brains, probably figure they get less in trouble that way. So they continue to keep their nose clean, and get "Rewarded" for it. Consider the Ten Commandments--if you were stuck on a deserted island with 100 people, what better way to avoid anarchy, than to come up with a bunch of rules that say, "Avoid bad human nature, like stealing, sleeping with the neighbors wife, and do positive things, like pay attention to your parents"? we can attach morals and threats of punishment in the afterlife, but before the Hammarabi Code and governments that can enforce laws and courts, the 10C is a nice way to keep a village from turning into Lord of the Flies.

you can act properly, politely, and nicely without religion. Having a moral reason to act like a good human being, can make you feel superior to others by doing so ("I act this way b/c I will be rewarded in the afterlife", or "I am more devout than you are").

There are a lot of religions in NYC. I used to help a friend who did security at St. John the Devine (now there's a "little church"!), we helped cover a memorial service for Princess Di in Central Park. I'm standing next to a park police officer, he's bragging about how he's in Nat Guard and has anti terrorism training, and I feel like saying, "yeah? b/c I've been walking all day with my bag of clothes here, I've been backstage, I've been next to the English consul people, and not one person has asked to look inside the bag". Of course, this was years before 9/11. but still. Beats sitting around the house on a weekend and getting loaded with friends, tho :)

Catholics used to have a stigma about divorcing...now its gone the way of meat on Fridays. Tho Bawhstun's bishops still grants a reprieve when St. Pat's day falls on a Friday. Don't want to kill the corned beef sales :) but a few people blame their religious beliefs for not divorcing, when in reality they've worked out the numbers and realize what its going to cost.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Guy slept with me then blocked me?