Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Guy slept with me then blocked me?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 301
Guy slept with me then blocked me?Page 13 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
Well!

Had *ANOTHER* pretty girl approach me in a pub yesterday, inquiring about the book I was reading.

That impending sense of creeping doom you're feeling, Wilbur? I imagine that's what the dinosaurs felt, looking at the first mammals...
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 302
Guy slept with me then blocked me?
Posted: 2/5/2018 5:15:41 AM

Welcome to Wilbur's World, where everyone seeks success on a free dating site, because that's *ALL* that matters...

What the f*ck? Is there something other than success people should be seeking on a dating site that matters more? This may be your absolute dumbest post to date. Novel idea for the day - think before you post, dumbshit.

Had *ANOTHER* pretty girl approach me in a pub yesterday, inquiring about the book I was reading.

bahahaha. Gosh, Arlo, I don't want to seem like I'm trying to urinate all over your "Yo, Adrian...I did it!!" moment, but did you make out with her before parting ways? Take her home? Plan a date? No?? Well, then, this means nothing.

Pig, unless you've grown breasts, you can't speak for women. I like a guy that sticks up for women, and that enjoys the full experience of a relationship. Men that can't do that are stunted emotionally.

Ah, dearest ShrewYorker. How many more times are you going to try pushing your "the ONLY good man is a man who wants a relationship" garbage? The ones who don't want one are doing exactly what they want to do without a care in the world about guilt trips from you or women of your ilk.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 303
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2018 1:43:55 PM

Was it just a gal passing-by, asking out of curiosity, but clearly on-her-way-anyway -- or was she sparking conversation like the last one? If the latter, did you have the gonads to ask for her # this time, or was her chatting a bit with you the real Victory Of The Month? :)
 NewYorker58
Msg: 304
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2018 2:29:28 PM
Pig, I see nothing wrong with men pursuing sex only or sex only relationships. I agree that men should be upfront about it, as I believe many women want the same thing or if at least were presented with the truth, would be okay with it. It's not a horrible thing to have sex randomly or a sex only relationship. Still, I do think if a person doesn't at least have the capacity for love or caring for another person, they're emotionally deficient.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 305
Posted: 2/5/2018 2:43:26 PM

(AT) Welcome to Wilbur's World, where everyone seeks success on a free dating site, because that's *ALL* that matters...

(Wilbur) What the f*ck? Is there something other than success people should be seeking on a dating site that matters more?

So, why are you here, Dull Pencil?

(AT) Had *ANOTHER* pretty girl approach me in a pub yesterday, inquiring about the book I was reading.

(Wilbur) bahahaha. Gosh, Arlo, I don't want to seem like I'm trying to urinate all over your "Yo, Adrian...I did it!!" moment...

Bull effluvium. You're a Festering Pustule on the Backside of Life, and you absolutely revel in it.

(Wilbur) ... but did you make out with her before parting ways? Take her home? Plan a date? No?? Well, then, this means nothing.

You... you mean, this doesn't compare to the *STELLAR, OVERWHELMING* accomplishment of your *16 MESSAGES?!?* I'm crushed!!!

*HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!*

No, it doesn't "mean anything", nor do I tout it as any sort of accomplishment. There's a few things to consider, though:

1) I'd wager that a goodly number of the "women's" profiles here are created with the sole purpose of increasing traffic to the site, so the owners/management can go to the advertisers with the number of visits, thus justifying their advertising rates. IOW, they're fake;
2) It is far, far easier to vet the other person in a face-to-face conversation, to ensure that she is who "she" says she is. Some of your "16 messages" could very well have been from fat, greasy, 50-something janitors living in mom's basement (maybe that's your thing), who get their jollies sending leading e-mails to self-proclaimed studs.

It just kills you that I attract female attention. I can picture you scratching your greasy locks, getting more and more frantic as I recount my experiences.

(AT) Had *ANOTHER* pretty girl approach me in a pub yesterday, inquiring about the book I was reading.

(SwedishChef456) Was it just a gal passing-by, asking out of curiosity, but clearly on-her-way-anyway -- or was she sparking conversation like the last one? If the latter, did you have the gonads...

I find the thought of you obsessing over my gonads to be rather disturbing. Please stop. :roll:

(SwedishChef456) ... to ask for her # this time, or was her chatting a bit with you the real Victory Of The Month? :)

Patience is a virtue. Not every encounter has to end in coitus to be a victory. So, no, I didn't get her number; but, there is clearly a trend developing...
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 306
Posted: 2/5/2018 3:55:38 PM

So, why are you here

My profile specifically states I'm here for the forums. In bold, too.

2) It is far, far easier to vet the other person in a face-to-face conversation, to ensure that she is who "she" says she is. Some of your "16 messages" could very well have been from fat, greasy, 50-something janitors living in mom's basement (maybe that's your thing), who get their jollies sending leading e-mails to self-proclaimed studs.

Oh, we're back to that practical joke theory, are we? Back when I was using the site for dating, I met 20-30 women. Zero fakes. All of them looked like their pictures, except one who oddly lied about her height by nearly 8 inches.

It just kills you that I attract female attention. I can picture you scratching your greasy locks

My nearly 80-year-old uncle can attract female attention, too, just by walking his dog. It doesn't mean anyone wants to f*ck him, you nitwit. Greasy hair??...hahaha. Your eyesight is as impaired as your thinking skills, you jealous little twat.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 307
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2018 4:52:22 PM

I find the thought of you obsessing over my gonads to be rather disturbing.

Hey, I'm just like all the girls at the bar, right? :)

Patience is a virtue. Not every encounter has to end in coitus to be a victory.

Didn't even imply banging her in the bar bathroom. Getting a # would be a victory. Many times avoiding a loss, when they come to you.

So, no, I didn't get her number; but, there is clearly a trend developing...

A trend with that girl specifically? News Flash: There's a difference between patience and chickening out. If she was a regular at the bar, you two knew Of each other for some time but never really talked -- then I can understand not asking for her # right after first having a 1-on-1 conversation, sure.

But a gal in passing, who you may never seen again without camping out there 5 days a week -- there's no trend able to develop. It's just chickening out. Fear of rejection.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 308
Posted: 2/5/2018 7:06:02 PM

(AT) So, why are you here

(Wilbur) My profile specifically states I'm here for the forums. In bold, too.

Which means you don't understand what a dating site is for; or, you lied through ignorance when you tried to belittle my belttling of you (to refresh your impaired memory, that was when you got all snarly about me twitting you for attempting to mock a pictureless profile).

(AT) 2) It is far, far easier to vet the other person in a face-to-face conversation, to ensure that she is who "she" says she is. Some of your "16 messages" could very well have been from fat, greasy, 50-something janitors living in mom's basement (maybe that's your thing), who get their jollies sending leading e-mails to self-proclaimed studs.

(Wilbur) Oh, we're back to that practical joke theory, are we? Back when I was using the site for dating, I met 20-30 women. Zero fakes. All of them looked like their pictures, except one who oddly lied about her height by nearly 8 inches.

Gee, Wilbur, I don't know *WHY* I ever doubted you! You're obviously The Man (and, I would never be so gauche as to suggest that people have been known to, well, fudge things, on the Internet...)

(AT) It just kills you that I attract female attention. I can picture you scratching your greasy locks...

(Wilbur) My nearly 80-year-old uncle can attract female attention, too, just by walking his dog. It doesn't mean anyone wants to f*ck him, you nitwit.

And, nor have I suggested that feminine attention directed at Yours Truly inevitably proves that any of the ladies in question wanna make The Arlo With Two Backs. I simply observed that the mere fact of my garnering female attention drives you to distraction. Don't drop the band's drum kit as a result!

(Wilbur) Greasy hair??...hahaha. Your eyesight is as impaired as your thinking skills, you jealous little twat

I knew a basic ad hominem would get your goat. I don't even have to try.

(AT) I find the thought of you obsessing over my gonads to be rather disturbing.

(SwedishChef456) Hey, I'm just like all the girls at the bar, right? :)

Nope. But, if you wanna fantasize about me... well, whatever floats your boat.

(AT) Patience is a virtue. Not every encounter has to end in coitus to be a victory.

(SwedishChef456) Didn't even imply banging her in the bar bathroom. Getting a # would be a victory. Many times avoiding a loss, when they come to you.

Hold on, while I re-align my worldview to encompass an anonymous @$$hole's definition of "victory", would you?

(AT) So, no, I didn't get her number; but, there is clearly a trend developing...

(SwedishChef456) A trend with that girl specifically?

Please. I speak more coherently than you after I hit my thumb with a hammer. If I meant "that girl specifically", I would have said it.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 309
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2018 12:12:56 AM

Hold on, while I re-align my worldview to encompass an anonymous @$$hole's definition of "victory", would you?

A-hole or not pointing it out, a false sense of "victory" is a false sense of victory. A red herring to say "That's what an a-hole thinks," as to whether something's right or wrong. That aside, "victories" vary -- depending on the person and where they're at. If a guy is too chicken to end up suggesting a #-exchange after she sparks conversation with him at a bar -- then for him to become comfortable with doing so will be a "victory". Once he does become comfortable with that, then it won't, as that should be a normal process when one a guy has interest and senses potential interest by the gal. It's certainly not impatience. A victory is then landing a date/outing once just getting a #, as merely a #-exchange doesn't set it up as a near-given.

If I meant "that girl specifically", I would have said it.

I was perfectly coherent -- asking whether your "trend" referred to that girl specifically or not. Patience is not a virtue with someone you're pretty much not going to interact with again; it doesn't really play a role when it comes down to whether you did or didn't do something normal at the end. Patience is a virtue when you will see that person again and again, and wish to develop a trend with them, instead of being hasty & impatient about asking for making a move when you didn't have to and it wasn't so fitting. However, if you aren't going to (by default) run into that gal again in the somewhat near future -- it's not impatient to suggest a #-exchange as the interaction's winding down. It's not about patience/impatience there... although if you knew you were going to leave soon, and she mentioned she just recently got there... patience could play a role where you observe her for the right time when you're about to leave 15 minutes later, and to say goodbye -- then suggest exchanging #s.

Stating that not suggesting exchanging #s to a gal who came up to you at the bar is patience, where you're working on a trend developing? Talk about being incoherent, when it's a gal you're never likely going to run into again. That's just being chicken, underneath it all.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 310
Posted: 2/6/2018 3:17:09 AM

(AT) Hold on, while I re-align my worldview to encompass an anonymous @$$hole's definition of "victory", would you?

(SwedishChef456) A-hole or not pointing it out, a false sense of "victory" is a false sense of victory.

Operative word being, "false".

(SwedishChef456) ... "victories" vary -- depending on the person and where they're at.

You then go on to immediately tell us that *YOUR* definition of "victory" is the only *REAL* definition...

(SC456) If a guy is too chicken to end up suggesting a #-exchange after she sparks conversation with him at a bar -- then for him to become comfortable with doing so will be a "victory". Once he does become comfortable with that, then it won't, as that should be a normal process when one a guy has interest and senses potential interest by the gal. It's certainly not impatience. A victory is then landing a date/outing once just getting a #, as merely a #-exchange doesn't set it up as a near-given.

It's called many things, but processes *EVOLVE*. One does not turn an aircraft carrier 180-degrees in one fell-swoop, but by *STEPS*.

(AT) If I meant "that girl specifically", I would have said it.

(SC456) I was perfectly coherent --

In what Universe are your Word Stir-Fries, "coherent"?

(SC456) Patience is not a virtue with someone you're pretty much not going to interact with again...

If you think that *THAT PERSON* will be the *ONLY PERSON* you will ever interact with...
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 311
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2018 11:31:00 AM

You then go on to immediately tell us that *YOUR* definition of "victory" is the only *REAL* definition...

I was pointing out where victories Can come from. That it's subjective to the person's situation. The opposite direction of making my own concrete 1-sided definition.

One does not turn an aircraft carrier 180-degrees in one fell-swoop, but by *STEPS*.

Sure. But considering she came to you to spark conversation, many common steps were rightfully "skipped". Unless the conversation went sour or weird, the 1st step to work on would be suggesting a #-exchange. You're treating it like it's climbing a mountain -- in reality, it's not. Aside from being able to hold a conversation, when a gal comes up to You and you two chit-chat, the 1st step to work on is to suggest exchanging #s. Why would someone need to look at it as Such an uphill climb -- when gals will come up to him? He's chicken.

If you think that *THAT PERSON* will be the *ONLY PERSON* you will ever interact with...

Yeah, but each person isn't linked to the other. There's no trend with that person, there's no patience that applies to that person. So when someone tells you that you dropped the ball not asking for a # -- saying patience is a virtue & that a trend is developing implies on Her. OH -- she's a regular at that corner bar that you'll at least briefly see every weekend? Okay, that's applicable, being patient when it comes to 'working' her for potential... trying to generate a social trend with her first to feel things out. Wait -- there's no expectations to ever run into her again? Patience & trend, about her, isn't applicable, is my point.

Patience being in reference to working on Your Own Game -- are you battling a historical Impatience? Highly doubt it, from your POV. You're just timid, but trying to make it sound better. :) Patience is a virtue when it's something you're continually working on (fellow regular at bar), not a gal in passing who you have a convo with and won't see again.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 312
Posted: 2/6/2018 2:54:25 PM

(AT) You then go on to immediately tell us that *YOUR* definition of "victory" is the only *REAL* definition...

(SwedishChef456) I was pointing out where victories Can come from. That it's subjective to the person's situation. The opposite direction of making my own

concrete 1-sided definition.

You then go on to immediately define "my" sense of "victory" as a "false sense". Are you really so stupid that you can't remember what you wrote in

your last flippn' post?

(AT) One does not turn an aircraft carrier 180-degrees in one fell-swoop, but by *STEPS*.

(SC456) Sure. But considering she came to you to spark conversation, many common steps were rightfully "skipped".

No steps were skipped: I handled the situation to get what *I* needed. I know it's not the "Every encounter with a girl *MUST* end with Bumping Uglies, or it's an abject failure -- *FAILURE*, I tell you!", that you seem to think is a metric for success; but, you're a wad anyway, so it really doesn't matter what you think...

(AT) If you think that *THAT PERSON* will be the *ONLY PERSON* you will ever interact with...

(SC456) Yeah, but each person isn't linked to the other. There's no trend with that person...

The trend referenced *ME*, moron.

You're the sort of person we have to warn against eating Tide Pods...
 browneyesboo
Msg: 313
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2018 3:11:45 PM
Speaking of patience...how the heck are you doing Mr. Norwegian guy?

MsSkeezix
Msg: 314
Posted: 2/6/2018 3:23:22 PM

You're the sort of person we have to warn against eating Tide Pods...

I love Tide Pods~

hahahaha

;-)
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 315
Posted: 2/6/2018 6:40:47 PM

(AT) You're the sort of person we have to warn against eating Tide Pods...

(MsSkeezix) I love Tide Pods~

hahahaha

;-)

"I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people -- just that we should remove all the warning labels, and let the problem solve itself." - every smart person...
 Cynderella
Msg: 316
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2018 7:32:11 PM
Tide pods is the new way to wash your mouth out.
 cooldog65
Msg: 317
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2018 7:54:27 PM
^^^ It's official...Bar soap has become obsolete!
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 318
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2018 10:17:36 PM

You then go on to immediately define "my" sense of "victory" as a "false sense"

Yeah -- what did you "win"?

No steps were skipped: I handled the situation to get what *I* needed.

You didn't didn't even attempt at any contact info exchange. You didn't line it up to run into her again with out it. You call that a victory to brag about on the boards? Seriously?

The trend referenced *ME*, moron.

The trend of being afraid to ask a gal for her # who comes up to you, and for some odd reason touting it as victories, and saying it's due to patience, despite never seeing them again. Nice, nice. Whatever floats your boat, dude.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 319
Posted: 2/7/2018 6:50:06 AM

Which means you don't understand what a dating site is for

It's for dating. The forums are for posting, which is what I'm here for. This should be a fairly simple concept to comprehend, but I need to keep in mind who I'm dealing with.

I simply observed that the mere fact of my garnering female attention drives you to distraction.

It drives me to laughter to think you find a woman simply talking to you about a book is worthy of a random announcement. It's even more amusing how you pretend not to care about getting nowhere with them as you babble at length about the matter. I liken it to the Taylor Swift-esque singer/songwriters who compose songs containing lyrics that speak of not thinking about an ex anymore. Sheer hilarity.

Your idea of victory is dropping a load in your shorts after a hot cashier inadvertently grazes your hand with hers as she's giving you back change.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 320
Posted: 2/8/2018 3:39:11 AM

(AT) You then go on to immediately define "my" sense of "victory" as a "false sense"

(SwedishChef456) Yeah -- what did you "win"?

Knowledge. Which, as I type this, makes me realize why you're having suich a hard time with this -- it's brain stuff.

(AT) No steps were skipped: I handled the situation to get what *I* needed.

(SC456) You didn't didn't even attempt at any contact info exchange. You didn't line it up to run into her again with out it. You call that a victory to brag about on the boards? Seriously?

I "brag" about it to gore Wilbur's (and, apparently, yours too) ox.

(AT) The trend referenced *ME*, moron.

(SC456) The trend of being afraid to ask a gal for her # who comes up to you, and for some odd reason touting it as victories, and saying it's due to patience, despite never seeing them again. Nice, nice.

... says the guy who thinks life is a 90-minute rom-com...

(SC456) Whatever floats your boat, dude.

It's not enough that you verbally assault me with your verbal mish-mashes and tortured logic; but you also steal my metaphors, too? You really know how to hurt a guy...

(AT) Which means you don't understand what a dating site is for

(Wilbur) It's for dating. The forums are for posting, which is what I'm here for.

The forums are a secondary feature, knuckle-dragger.

(AT) I simply observed that the mere fact of my garnering female attention drives you to distraction.

(Wilbur) It drives me to laughter to think you find a woman simply talking to you about a book is worthy of a random announcement.

Not a "random announcement", Pin-Head: very specifically designed and intended to irk you.

(Wilbur) It's even more amusing how you pretend not to care about getting nowhere with them as you babble at length about the matter.

Yes, I mentioned it once, so that equals "babbl(ing) at length about the matter"...

(Wilbur) I liken it to the Taylor Swift-esque singer/songwriters who compose songs containing lyrics that speak of not thinking about an ex anymore. Sheer hilarity.

So that's why you have long hair: you're in a Taylor Swift cover band! Do "Shake it Off"!

(AT) You then go on to immediately tell us that *YOUR* definition of "victory" is the only *REAL* definition...

(Wilbur) Your idea of victory is dropping a load in your shorts after a hot cashier inadvertently grazes your hand with hers as she's giving you back change.

Hey, some of those cashiers are smokin' hot!!!
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 321
Posted: 2/8/2018 3:39:40 AM

(AT) You then go on to immediately define "my" sense of "victory" as a "false sense"

(SwedishChef456) Yeah -- what did you "win"?

Knowledge. Which, as I type this, makes me realize why you're having suich a hard time with this -- it's brain stuff.

(AT) No steps were skipped: I handled the situation to get what *I* needed.

(SC456) You didn't didn't even attempt at any contact info exchange. You didn't line it up to run into her again with out it. You call that a victory to brag about on the boards? Seriously?

I "brag" about it to gore Wilbur's (and, apparently, yours too) ox.

(AT) The trend referenced *ME*, moron.

(SC456) The trend of being afraid to ask a gal for her # who comes up to you, and for some odd reason touting it as victories, and saying it's due to patience, despite never seeing them again. Nice, nice.

... says the guy who thinks life is a 90-minute rom-com...

(SC456) Whatever floats your boat, dude.

It's not enough that you verbally assault me with your verbal mish-mashes and tortured logic; but you also steal my metaphors, too? You really know how to hurt a guy...

(AT) Which means you don't understand what a dating site is for

(Wilbur) It's for dating. The forums are for posting, which is what I'm here for.

The forums are a secondary feature, knuckle-dragger.

(AT) I simply observed that the mere fact of my garnering female attention drives you to distraction.

(Wilbur) It drives me to laughter to think you find a woman simply talking to you about a book is worthy of a random announcement.

Not a "random announcement", Pin-Head: very specifically designed and intended to irk you.

(Wilbur) It's even more amusing how you pretend not to care about getting nowhere with them as you babble at length about the matter.

Yes, I mentioned it once, so that equals "babbl(ing) at length about the matter"...

(Wilbur) I liken it to the Taylor Swift-esque singer/songwriters who compose songs containing lyrics that speak of not thinking about an ex anymore. Sheer hilarity.

So that's why you have long hair: you're in a Taylor Swift cover band! Do "Shake it Off"!

(Wilbur) Your idea of victory is dropping a load in your shorts after a hot cashier inadvertently grazes your hand with hers as she's giving you back change.

Hey, some of those cashiers are smokin' hot!!!
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 322
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2018 6:33:52 PM
Norwegian:
I've seen some used up female parts down there looking like an Arby's roast beef sandwich. A bunch of dark-brown flaps of skin & tissue folded over.
Again....you and those nature wildlife show analogies........

NY58 wrote:
Pig, I see nothing wrong with men pursuing sex only or sex only relationships.
But haven't I read one of your patented sweeping statements, though, disparaging men looking for sex? And even if you really "see nothing wrong" with that, most of the fine ladies here rate them only slightly higher than the bottom of a porta potty pit.

Arlo wrote:
Some of your "16 messages" could very well have been from fat, greasy, 50-something janitors living in mom's basement
But some could have been from fat, greasy, 50-something janitors that have their own place.

Arlo wrote:
Patience is a virtue. Not every encounter has to end in coitus to be a victory. So, no, I didn't get her number; but, there is clearly a trend developing...
I agree with the "not every encounter had to end in coitus" statement.... but unless you can identify something YOU'RE doing differently to ignite this trend, then I would tend to belive it's probably random occurrence, and this trend could vaporize into nothing as quickly as it started and just as likely become a trend of getting hit on by gay men. What are you doing differently? Reading different type books? Cologne? Different clothes? Attitude? Grooming? Type of drink you're nursing? Emitting a "Most interesting man in the world" vibe at the bar? Refraining from picking your nose or suppressing farts? Maybe there is something you're doing differently, maybe that wig?.....haven't read the entire thread...but if you can't ID anything, you better start jumping on those opportunities!!!
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 323
Posted: 2/9/2018 3:42:11 AM

(AT) Some of your "16 messages" could very well have been from fat, greasy, 50-something janitors living in mom's basement

(SS4544Spd) But some could have been from fat, greasy, 50-something janitors that have their own place.

That is true. One must account for statistical anomalies. My bad.

(AT) Patience is a virtue. Not every encounter has to end in coitus to be a victory. So, no, I didn't get her number; but, there is clearly a trend developing...

(SS4544Spd) I agree with the "not every encounter had to end in coitus" statement....

Of course you do. It came from me, so it is 100% correct.

(SS4544Spd) ... but unless you can identify something YOU'RE doing differently to ignite this trend, then I would tend to belive(sic) it's probably random occurrence ...

Again, that is true. I am altering one of the variables tonight, in fact -- as I've finished reading "Babylon's Banksters", I'm bringing "LBJ and the Conspiracy to Kill Kennedy"; also, I'm bringing my laptop to study math (trigonometry, to be specific). I'll hopefully get different results!

(SS4544Spd) ... and this trend could vaporize into nothing as quickly as it started and just as likely become a trend of getting hit on by gay men.

As I'm not on the prowl for nooky, it wouldn't matter.

(SS4544Spd) What are you doing differently? Reading different type books? Cologne? Different clothes? Attitude? Grooming? Type of drink you're nursing? Emitting a "Most interesting man in the world" vibe at the bar? Refraining from picking your nose or suppressing farts? Maybe there is something you're doing differently, maybe that wig?.....haven't read the entire thread...but if you can't ID anything, you better start jumping on those opportunities!!

Maybe it's my apathy and "Just don't give a fvck" vibe, coupled with my, "I won't bite you head off for talking to me" vibe. For now, I am going to alter one of the secondary variables, and we'll see what, if any, changes occur...
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 324
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2018 11:34:36 AM

You had confirmation that sitting alone with a book in a bar can garner an occasional gal's interest. Which is good to know, fine. That's a "victory" for one struggling to find a way to get openers going with girls. My point is that it's not much a victory if you're not even Naturally following-thru on it. The problem is, you presented it as if you're bringing them in -- Bragging. You can't Brag about squat if you're not doing Basic Natural follow-thru on it. Getting a convo going -> asking to exchange #s isn't impatient. It's not a victory for anything but the author of the Book, if you're not moving in that direction. And only something to Not brag about.

Reminds me of an old friend of mine who wasn't the best looking, but friendly and liked going out to bars. He found it a "victory" to just be able to briefly talk with a gal at a bar who sat next to him at one. Sure, baby steps. But that's all he wanted. He couldn't Stand the notion of even passive, friendly rejection. He didn't brag about the occasional chit-chat, which would be really really weird, but the sad part is, he was just fine sitting in the on-deck circle, and keeping it at that -- Every Single Time. Sad.

I agree with the "not every encounter had to end in coitus" statement....

Which I think everyone agrees on. Nobody was suggesting anything close to it as being worthy of a success...

but unless you can identify something YOU'RE doing differently to ignite this trend, then I would tend to belive it's probably random occurrence

To be fair -- he is doing something that's known/suggested in certain bar circles out there, when going solo: Read a book, girls may say something to you, and you can spark convo off that. He's not discovering anything new, he's not making a trend, he's realizing that there is a mild trend of reading-book -> someone saying "Oh, what are you reading?" It's not being Hit On, as guys will ask that too -- but it allows you to get a convo going where you can then turn into flirting, etc.

What are you doing differently? Reading different type books? Cologne? Different clothes? Attitude? Grooming?

He's just reading a book solo at a bar. It'll occasionally get a person asking about it. Opens up opportunities for the shy. He brags about it as if he's reeling in the chicks when he Doesn't feed off it. My thing is: Don't brag if you're too chicken to follow-thru on it. For the shy, sure, be happy that you'll get an occasional gal passing by asking what you're reading, which can serve as a launchpad for a real convo some of that time. But stuck at merely that point only backfires when bragging over other dudes about it, as if they're Getting anything out of it.
 blackbeauty744
Msg: 325
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2018 12:49:29 PM
This forum is so entertaining. Happy National Pizza Day everyone!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Guy slept with me then blocked me?