Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Guy slept with me then blocked me?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NewYorker58
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Guy slept with me then blocked me?Page 5 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
Mrod, can you point me in the direction of the positive dialogue, because I can't find it
 NewYorker58
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Guy slept with me then blocked me?
Posted: 12/18/2017 9:12:54 PM
I just saw your post Henry. I'm really surprised that you would want to ban someone. Especially when the men say horrible things and you say nothing, but now you pipe up when it's a woman.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2017 10:33:08 PM

I just saw your post Henry. I'm really surprised that you would want to ban someone. Especially when the men say horrible things and you say nothing, but now you pipe up when it's a woman.

I think you should read Clara's posts all over (and profile). It's an obvious troll trying to cause a ruckus -- not merely someone with some eye-rolling POVs.
 mrod3041
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2017 3:02:40 AM
"And read my edit DONT tell me what to fcking write ! SEE he wants power control take away freedoms ! A mini sexually frustrated hitler wannabe:) why don't you stop ordering people around and pay attention to refining your own God damn boring posts, if you get dates they probably fall asleep and that's before the bedroom because if you got that far you'd finish them off! Is your name Nigel that would suit:)

edit you backing down just as well a germ has more relevance than you and more hair:) "

^^^^^^ Exhibit J.....
 mrod3041
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2017 3:04:00 AM
"Mrod, can you point me in the direction of the positive dialogue, because I can't find it "

C'mon chica. Read that thread. Stop that now. Plenty of good posts from men and women on here to OP.
 ohenryx
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2017 8:40:55 AM

NewYorker58

I have disagreed with many people, men and women. I am an equal opportunity dis-agreer. I have, just as a for instance, taken issue with pretty much all of the MGTOW posters. I think their viewpoint is every bit over the top and ridiculous as the feminists several decades ago when they were proclaiming “A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle”.

norwegianguy456
I think you should read Clara's posts all over (and profile). It's an obvious troll trying to cause a ruckus -- not merely someone with some eye-rolling POVs.

That is the point, we are dealing with a troll here. I don’t mind “eye-rolling POVs”, hell I like to see some diversity, gives us something to talk about. People are free to express their viewpoint, and I am free to disagree with them.
 9Pluto
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2017 10:02:08 AM
Norge:

Henry:
That is the point, we are dealing with a troll here. I don’t mind “eye-rolling POVs”, hell I like to see some diversity, gives us something to talk about. People are free to express their viewpoint, and I am free to disagree with them.

A troll, whether phony POV or not, that is provocative and puts the effort into finding flaws in arguments does increase the diversity. If there is no useful content in the troll post, just don't respond. Why bother expending time and effort to ban

Clara:
Bitterness is for people that don't play the game correctly

This is actually a good assumption for discussion. As a statement it is devoid of content until we define exactly what Clara and each person defines the 'game' to be, and who's playing.

MGTOW

I guess this is all going right over my head and this is an area I am ignorant about this contraption of capital letters. I read LIR's definition and the other comments, and the best I can figure is that it's some made up internet troll hashtag for some folks to self-identify around, having withdrawn from the dating pool. It reminds me of kids buying a bunch of black T-shirts in high school, as a response to trauma suffered, and then wearing them to belong to some identity other than the mainstream's. Seems six of one and a half dozen of the other from reading these threads, in that they ought to consider opening their ranks to women having the same outlook... Then people can go their own way together. But most women are still frightened to go into a seedy cantina :grin:
:Som9rero:
 omgherecomesb
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2017 6:44:59 AM
This is easy... its because

You made him wait .....NINE!!! ....MONTHS!!!!
For ****.
It's because after he hit it, he came back to his senses and realized he waited nine months.. for that?!

I'd f-you and disappear too
It's important, but it ain't special.. definitely not 9 months special..
 forumzfishonly
Msg: 109
Posted: 12/27/2017 7:10:53 AM
Most likely you were terrible in bed , or you have other annoying habits that outweigh the sex
 NewYorker58
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2017 11:15:56 AM
Men who jump around and never stick with one women often times are lousy sex partners. They never learn a woman's body. Maybe he's embarrassed by his performance.

SiennaBear2
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2018 1:29:52 AM
Anyway I'm over this now.

I have a possible meet on the weekend with someone I have taken special interest to.
He is very understanding and seems actually interested in me. Big difference from the other guy.
He thinks it's weird that I might wear a chastity belt but is ok with it.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 112
Posted: 1/10/2018 2:33:38 AM

He thinks it's weird that I might wear a chastity belt but is ok with it.

Weird? It's downright cuckoo.

I hope he shows up wearing a strap-on dildo just to "out-weird" you.

Men who jump around and never stick with one women often times are lousy sex partners. They never learn a woman's body. Maybe he's embarrassed by his performance.

Oh, boy. More guilt trip/shaming crap. (flushes it down the toilet)
 gtomustang
Msg: 113
Posted: 1/10/2018 6:33:26 AM
indeed, a woman who needs mechanical help to avoid doing an activity, can accomplish the same with another tool. It is called, self respect. Don't use sex to get love, that's all. Or have the sex and admit you enjoy getting laid--who doesn't?

as for men who jump around, obviously they have what they need to get all those women. They may be bad in bed b/c they think all they need to do is show up. or maybe they have little respect for the women they get so easily.
 ohenryx
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2018 7:50:08 AM

gtomustang
Indeed, a woman who needs mechanical help to avoid doing an activity, can accomplish the same with another tool. It is called, self respect. Don't use sex to get love, that's all. Or have the sex and admit you enjoy getting laid--who doesn't?

Gto, the woman talking about the chastity belt is young and very attractive. Plenty of men will be happy to meet her, no matter what weird contrivances she might be wearing. But I do like TPOYD’s comment about trying to “out-weird” her. Maybe a set of lock-picks? (smile) Although that wouldn’t be so much weird as just practical under the circumstances.

Maybe I should add lock-picks to my non-standard dating kit. Not the standard dating kit (prophylactics, lube, blindfold, fur lined handcuffs), instead the non-standard kit (which I probably better not elaborate on here).

gtomustang
as for men who jump around, obviously they have what they need to get all those women. They may be bad in bed b/c they think all they need to do is show up. or maybe they have little respect for the women they get so easily.

There have been a number of comments, here in these forums, by a number of women, centered around men who were “well endowed” but bad in bed. The idea being they thought all they needed to bring to the encounter was their over-sized equipment. Maybe the same is true for the really good looking men?

Women of the forums, what say you?
 Perspektiv
Msg: 115
Posted: 1/10/2018 8:28:06 PM

I asked him if he still liked me when he started being more quiet but he never said no or anything.

You need to learn to read into what is *not* said. A guy shouldn't have to literally tell you he's not into you. His behavior was clear cut, he wasn't into you. Its kind of like me dating a woman, and her acting distant and uninterested. I don't need her to say a thing. Her actions tell me I need to keep looking.

Never trust a guy by his words. Go by his actions. Period.

9 months and you barely have a feel for who he is?

Guys just seem so fake now.

His behavior spelled things out for you from the start. Nothing fake there. It would be like me barely returning your calls, or always being "busy" or casually falling out of touch with you for weeks, then touching base. If you can't spell that out, you deserve to be used for sex.

The old saying is: "If he likes you genuinely, he'll constantly reassure you of this with his actions."

Read behavior, and like will be much easier for you. If they act like there are more fish like you out there, you can dunk them back in the ocean where they belong. See what I did there?
 siisaa
Msg: 116
Posted: 1/11/2018 11:12:41 AM
OP, you sound way too emotionally immature to be dating or having sex. Next time, take the time to get to know a person (in person, not just online) before jumping in bed with them. That way, your feelings are less likely to get hurt or tangled with confusion.
 gtomustang
Msg: 117
Posted: 1/11/2018 11:51:50 AM
"GTO, the OP is young and attractive. Plenty of dudes are more than willing to try to slip their Excalibur into her rock"

>>>Honestly, its been my observation that a pretty face and a healthy rack is an albatross for too many. Sex is such an easy opportunity, for the reasons you mention, that its more work to turn it down, than accept the offer and try to pretend its something more than it is. A stud her age offering sex but not love? That looks a whole lot like a glass half full...not a glass half empty. know what i'm saying? easier to see you are getting something pleasurable, than to focus on what you aren't getting and actually have to work to earn.

it wouldn't surprise me in the least, that a well-hung stud believes he's an object of value--doesn't everyone talk about how a large organ is a thing of value? he might as well believe what he hears repeated often in society. oh, he could question it, of course...but what's the benefit of that?

"hmm, I can sit back, and act as if i'm God's gift to women...or I can work hard to convince 40% of the women who don't believe it, that I am". Someone might actually have to be insecure to question the believed notion they were born special :)
 NewYorker58
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2018 9:59:44 PM
Check out this guy's profile. Mustang, you asked how a guy would do if he was honest. This would be the guy to ask, how is it working for you?:

About Craig
I’m a very accomplished liar, I pride myself that you’ll never see it coming. In fact, the nicer I appear the more likely it is that I’m planning to screw you over. Swipe right if you already have a therapist on your payroll, you’re gonna need it if you date me!

Conversation Starters (i.e. what you'd like to do on a first date...)
I want to spend our first date finding out how much money you make, what you own and how needy and vulnerable you are. The rest is easy.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2018 4:59:59 AM
You guys don't know what guys my age are like, they're extremely horny. lol.
Will try to touch and make out constantly.

Bad idea to be alone with them unless you're willing to reject their advances continually.

Public is much better to meet at and not go in private with a guy unless you're ready for them to try to be sexual.

On the topic of the negative past experience, the date was long, like 8 hours.
If he couldn't stand me so much, why stay for sooo long and sleep with me?
I honestly think he was opportunistic but never wanted it to go anywhere or be serious or actually date me and when he realized he couldn't just take me for a ride and ignore me that he had to block me lol.
Think it's obvious from his lack of talking and interest all the way along. He just never put that much effort in yet made BS up that the distance wasn't an issue. Obviously it was or he just didn't want to waste effort on me or something.
Maybe didn't like me but unsure, because he did stay for awfully long and slept with me.
I don't think guys sleep with girls they find repulsive? so I don't think it was about a lack of attraction.
 gtomustang
Msg: 120
Posted: 1/12/2018 6:32:27 AM
NY, you and both know, if Craig is good looking...interested women will tell themselves that he's just trying to be funny. We have a poster who declares things that should scare away women, and yet he still gets women hitting on him. Guys are no difference--a hottie can declare she has an STD, and there will be guys who haven't had any in a while looking up online what protection to use.

"you don't know what guys my age are like"

>>>oh, I fully remember what I was like back then. and hashtag me too shows that it doesn't always go away with age. Like you said, tho, knowing that its not good to be alone with them, don't be alone with them. You know what they are after, so take control. And I realize, that ultimately IS the problem...you have to take control of the outcome. You can't be a leaf in a stream, going with the flow.

guys don't sleep with repulsive women unless drunk. But there's a long distance between a woman they want to poke and one they want a relationship from. If a woman wants to get laid, that's fine--she should pursue a sexual opportunity. But if she wants a relationship...she has to pursue a relationship opportunity. It helps if she can recognize what that is. Like when one sees a situation where:

"I honestly think he was opportunistic"
"never wanted it to go anywhere or be serious"
"lack of talking or interest all the way along"
"never put that much effort in"

they are all red flags. Why does a guy stick around for 8 hrs? b/c that's how long it took to get what he wanted. some people wait for the 3rd date to hop into the sack.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2018 9:25:40 AM
Sienna, as Mustang said, heed the red flags. Exactly my thoughts, he'll travel for sex. I was your age once☺ It doesn't matter what a man's age is, it's inappropriate and shows lack of class to get grabby on a date. If you're not okay with it, please speak up. Your body, your rules. If there's anything in life you should have control over, it's your body. Mustang, those were good words for Sienna!

That guy is not good-looking, and he stated he's into men and women. I don't think he meant for his profile to be a joke. He's a candidate for herpes, lol. His stated interests:

Interests
Lying
Cheating
Screwing around
Drinking
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 122
Posted: 1/12/2018 9:26:33 AM

Think it's obvious from his lack of talking and interest all the way along. He just never put that much effort in

And it sucked you right in. Go figure.

I don't think he meant for his profile to be a joke.

I would bet anything it is. Many of the forum folks wouldn't know humor if it came up and sodomized them.
 9Pluto
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2018 11:44:12 AM
Sienna:
Think it's obvious from his lack of talking and interest all the way along. He just never put that much effort in

Pig:
And it sucked you right in. Go figure.

Sienna, You didn't purchase his emotional attachment by getting physical. If the currency of sex is burning a hole in your pocket, there is no shortage of guys who will collect. Maybe you are a sex-addict yourself, have very weak character, or like to be duped, who knows?

Anyway, Pig is right on this one. I don't feel any of the touchy-feely analysis is necessary. You need to understand the different dimensions of your own sexuality, and when you might refrain from "doing it" to avoid pining over random guys who don't give a crap. Do you really want them getting under your skin?

norwegianguy456
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2018 11:59:37 AM

When a guy aand gal jumps into bed right after meeting, and he is bad in bed, it usually doesn't result in a gal feel bummed when he starts fizzling out days afterward. In fact, many gals are not so motivated to chase him after that (thus feel bummed if he's not so up to it). Sure, he may not stick with one woman, but that's many times a result of him Not playing anyone (it's his lack of "play" in bed!). Guys who leave women feeling mildly bummed or worse -- because he likes taking as many cars for a spin as possible, isn't because he's a bad driver.

And, as a side note, many guys who are like that, aren't leading any gals on -- as that's not required if you're hopping into bed on Date 1 or 2. No faux romance nor trickeration required. We WANT to believe the other said person (even a girl) is bad, not good, misled me, etc etc -- because it makes us feel better.... when in reality, there were no indicators that they were LTR-hunting me or even aiming to instantly be Seeing me. But it makes me feel better if I believe that, when I like them. ;)

You guys don't know what guys my age are like, they're extremely horny. lol. Will try to touch and make out constantly.

Yes, we've been that age. You should only say that to people who are significantly younger than you. :) Also -- news flash -- guys in their 30s/40s can be very horny too. Certainly no shortage of that, either.

Public is much better to meet at and not go in private with a guy unless you're ready for them to try to be sexual.

I agree, and that's no controversy to meet in public early on. That's expected standard-ops of people of all types. And yes, going to one's place (not having a social gathering, but just you-two) -- yeah, you're to be on a sexual interaction level, even if it's only PG-rated (1st base). If you're not up for that, don't go to their place or invite them to yours, unless it's a social gathering.

If he couldn't stand me so much, why stay for sooo long and sleep with me?

He could stand you. You want to believe he couldn't at that point, for things to make sense or protect ego? He could stand you. Was he That into you? No. He doesn't have to be. He started not standing you because you assume a Long date, then porking = you have to be That into me. You have these False expectations of society and how it flows that going out on a long date and hooking up = they are That into you. That's not the case.

He didn't lead you on. Again, you already saw that he wasn't proactive at all in talking and keeping the pen-paling going. You were trying to lead Him in -- and it didn't work out, and you feel dumb/miserable/ticked because it didn't. You're focused on finding Validation of a guy wanting to Be with you in the sunset. When emotionally focused on that too much and following thru based on that -- can end up creating more problems (you'll require actual Luck to avoid emotional problems).
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 125
Posted: 1/12/2018 2:12:17 PM

I don't expect her to admit it, but if this guy had been "all in" from the start, feeding her spoonfuls of lovey-dovey crap, they may have very well *not* made it as far as meeting. He talked to her "off and on", as she described. He didn't act like a desperate fool, and that's how he ended up luring her in, then getting what he wanted.

Oh, and in the 9 months it took to meet, you can bet your ass he was banging other chicks, or at the very least, *trying* to.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Guy slept with me then blocked me?