Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I dont know what I am doing wrong      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 aintnodeal
Msg: 26
view profile
History
I dont know what I am doing wrongPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
^^^Don't let your dance partner see you watching YouTube on your phone when you're supposed to be dancing with her. Be discreet bro. Put the video on your SmartWatch. ;)
 saintclara
Msg: 27
I dont know what I am doing wrong
Posted: 12/21/2017 7:39:38 PM
I've nothing further to say to you. You are a very ungrateful person Ive done nothing but try to help you and given you free advice and you throw it back in my face. You have thanked everyone else on here and just trying to make me feel bad for bothering.
 Kelley300698
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/25/2018 9:36:06 AM
I'm certain there are lots of girls you could have so maybe you are aiming too high.
 hemingway234
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/26/2018 8:46:13 AM
At your age, the best place to meet a girl is in school........ when they see you several times a week, crushes develop.

Go back to school, beauty school dropout!
 Bouncylass
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2018 8:04:42 AM

I'm a 22 year old, attractive white guy. Slim, blonde hair, blue eyes. I hooked up with them, and then they ghosted me shortly after.

At least you're getting laid. A lot of guys would kill to be in your shoes. You're too young and manpretty to be worrying about a wifey. I agree with the other users, chill. You'll find someone nice. You’ll find someone easy unlike the rest of us.
 Cryptofabulous
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2018 9:32:13 AM

I'm a 22 year old, attractive white guy. Slim, blonde hair, blue eyes. I hooked up with them, and then they ghosted me shortly after.

At least you're getting laid. A lot of guys would kill to be in your shoes. You're too young and manpretty to be worrying about a wifey. I agree with the other users, chill. You'll find someone nice. You’ll find someone easy unlike the rest of us.

Agreed! Yup - it can get discouraging when every time you meet someone you think "this is the one". THAT may subconsciously project as desperate and clingy and you are totally unaware of it - but she may be getting that vibe. Also, you're 22 - you don't need to 'be married' by year's end!

Sure, the first night "meet and bed" is exciting, but invariably results in being just a one night stand.
Continue going out and meeting people but take some time before that first date and getting involved.
 47Seagulls
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/30/2018 3:23:36 PM
I always get a giggle off the 20-somethings that just can't find love and are on a dating website when they should be out meeting people in real life. And some think they have "expert" advice to give.

This is the age to be trying everything, tasting everything, meeting all sorts of new people, dye your hair purple, get a tattoo, hitch hike through Denmark and France, sign up for courses, go sky diving. Why this need to pair off?
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2018 10:14:20 AM
You sound very narcissistic no offence, it's just something I noticed. If what you are doing or your behaviour isn't giving the results you desire then change your approach.
If this has truly happened a lot maybe its a personality thing, maybe you need to look within yourself for areas that need improvement as well as screening women harder.
 Tech30
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2018 10:20:31 AM
This is the age to be trying everything, tasting everything, meeting all sorts of new people, dye your hair purple, get a tattoo, hitch hike through Denmark and France, sign up for courses, go sky diving. Why this need to pair off?

I completely agree. I always roll my eyes when i see people in their 20s saying they cant find anyone .... So what? Go out and have adventures so that when youre in your 30s youre an interesting and well rounded person. You have things to talk about and experiences to share.

Spend all your time online and you will be boring and people will know all there is to know about you in an hour. People need to stop trying to find love and just let it find you when you least expect it.
 Robertatherese
Msg: 35
Posted: 5/5/2018 2:44:38 AM
Nothing wrong with Disney princesses. Men need to take lessons from the princes.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/5/2018 3:40:47 AM
^^^ No, no, noooooo! That assumes it’s a man’s duty to save a woman from her distress because she’s too weak to do it herself. I don’t put women up on pedestals - I see them as equals. Taking advice from fantasy on how to go about a real relationship is the equivalent of living in lalaland.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/5/2018 4:23:28 AM
it could behoove men to learn from Disney how to court, or take a PUA lesson ONLY to learn how to offer bait (ie, don't try to impress a woman instantly with a laundry list of all your attributes. Don't put her on a pedestal and be a doormat, etc). But I agree with Kiss, the rest of the Disney princess romance thing is literally designed for little girls. otherwise it would be more like Pixar.
 ohenryx
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2018 9:43:24 AM
I always saw the Disney cartoon princesses for the young girls as being the equivalent for young girls as the Road Runner cartoons for young boys.

And it is a very, very bad idea to take either one seriously.

Just as young boys should understand that Wiley E Coyote cannot literally fall off a cliff or be crushed by a falling boulder and bounce right back, young girls should not expect a dashing price to ride up on a white stallion and save them from whatever (evil stepmother, etc, etc).
 reverendswine
Msg: 39
Posted: 5/6/2018 6:36:49 PM

Nothing wrong with Disney princesses. Men need to take lessons from the princes.

Here's a lesson from me - no man should ever take advice on attracting women from a woman. Ever. Period.

The only "prince" any guy should try to emulate is the one who liked purple, made music, and dated the likes of Vanity, Carmen Electra, Appolonia, Sheena Easton, and Susanna Hoffs.

Disney princesses....hahaha. Get out of here with that horseshit. You're supposed to be old enough to understand the difference between fairy tale and real life, but sadly, you don't.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 40
Posted: 5/6/2018 10:35:04 PM
^^^ Spot on. What women tell you about dating doesn’t work. It’s better to seek advice from a man who’s successful with women.
 Mercedes_Me
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2018 11:50:18 PM
Welcome to technology.
 cooldog65
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2018 3:02:53 AM

What lessons? Like being a nice cuck?
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2018 3:39:44 AM
Disney princesses are absolutely horrible role models. Disney is misandrist, taking out whatever may have been good in old fairy tales and imposing feminist "girl power" dysfunction.

They regularly have extreme violence by females against males. They turned my favorite princess Rapunzel into a violent psychopath who repeatedly hits her rescuer with a frying pan as hard as she can. I wouldn't put up with that crap. I would block her first attempt to assault me, take all her jewelry, and leave her to rot in the tower.

In the most recent Disney film I've seen, Last Jedi, Princess Leia slaps the pilot who saved all their ungrateful arses in the previous movie. Of course no male character ever lays a finger on a female one, unless you count Luke gently touching Ray with a blade of grass. I hope they don't emasculate Han and Lando and Chewie in the upcoming movie by introducing a female character who dominates them. A real space pirate would keep her in line.

It's lame to portray "happily ever after" as being a gold digger who marries a prince. In reality, princes are inbred and boring and feminine. Cinderella would have been happier with a working class man such as a blacksmith instead of "prince charming". Swine is correct about the best prince being the musical artist. Prince was a genius and definitely had a way with women.

I laugh at Disney for still getting criticized by the liberals no matter what they do. They cow-tow to the feminists, but still get called racist no matter what they do. If the princess is white, Disney is bad for idealizing "white beauty". If the princess is ethnic, Disney is bad for "cultural appropriation".

My favorite Disney is Song of the South. Rather than being a sissy prince, I'd much rather be Uncle Remus, happily singing outside in the woods with a big menagerie of animals. As a misanthrope, I much prefer the company of nonhuman animals. Remus is happy because he's not risking his life rescuing some lame princess, and isn't being assaulted by any modern feminist beeyotch.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 44
if you're going to do wrong, at least you've come to the right place
Posted: 5/7/2018 4:57:06 AM
probably the first woman to advise a boy on what to do to attract women is...his mother. She may very well tell him what works on women her age. She may tell him, subconsciously, what romance has died in her own marriage. Meanwhile, the average gal his age wants the high school football captain, or whoever has the status that impresses their friends. Or they may be flat out boy-crazy and serial dating.

If you want violence in Disney movies, pull up Pinocchio. As for chasing princes, well, who's Barbie dating? :) I doubt Ken has dirty fingernails. you may have heard the crude joke about Barbie's frustration, Ken comes in another box. And we won't talk about her impossible body size. Too bad there weren't more STEM versions of Barbie.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2018 6:59:05 AM
I think the motive of the guy depends on where he should look to to get advice or who he should try to emulate.
If he just wants sex, he should emulate successful play boy types.
If he wants a long term relationship then emulate or seek advice from a guy who already is in a long term happy relationship.
Or he should seek advice from someone that overcame the issue he has in specific.
Like if he is being rejected, look for someone that either overcame lots of rejection to find someone orr someone that just has not had many rejections. Maybe a bit of both.
Or if he finds his relationships and dating is failing for some reason in particular, he really needs to identify why and then look to emulate those who overcame that.
It's kinda like in card games where you are trying to pick up on certain skills or overcome a particular boss.
You need to learn your own weaknesses and areas you can improve.
Asking others and learning some of their mind set and skills can be helpful and also watching them in general for technique.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2018 11:22:28 AM

Men need to take lessons from the princes.

Knock on doors carrying a shoe?

Nothing wrong with Disney princesses.

That's what the accountants at Disney keep saying.

KA CHING !
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2018 1:23:39 PM

you may have heard the crude joke about Barbie's frustration, Ken comes in another box.

Good one, I hadn't heard before. Most jokes involving Ken are about his lack of genitals, the poor chap.
 ItCouldBeNice2
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2018 4:08:54 PM
Sorry to hear that this is happening to you.

I would think that the approach you are taking would at least lead you to someone who wants a regular booty call. Perhaps try someone older and mature about these things. Otherwise leave out the sex until you find someone who is going to stick around a little longer... and focus on building the relationship of substance that you want first. Some people wait until the 5th date.
 HUMHUMA
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2018 4:10:05 AM
Dating has turned into a game...play it and don't get in to deep with anyone and she will come along.....happens all the time....relax and enjoy...your young and always in hindsight....."if I only knew what I know now!"....lol
 ThatOneLady01
Msg: 50
Posted: 5/28/2018 4:10:23 PM
John you're only 22. Don't be frustrated and try to look for love elsewhere at this point, not online. Most people your age probably only want hook ups which is why you've ran into so many of women who hit it and quit it. I would stop looking and take up some hobbies or even hang out with your friends to distract yourself of looking for the one. You're bound to meet a girl who is as serious as you are just don't give up. You have no real reason to, everyone's timing is different.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I dont know what I am doing wrong