Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > boyfriend stood me up Christmas Day      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sexandthepof
Msg: 26
view profile
History
boyfriend stood me up Christmas Day Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
This story is just too funny. Why was he moving the fridge out of the house on Christmas day? What was wrong with it? If it was so, where was he moving it to? To the sidewalk? And by himself? Too weird.
 Nestaron
Msg: 27
boyfriend stood me up Christmas Day
Posted: 12/27/2017 9:31:07 PM
I don't doubt the guys story I think he embellished gave it penash and suffers from well that was stupid syndrome and is embarrassed by it and is hiding. I know that syndrome it frequented me often but look at the guys side I am going to prove I am he-man and move a fridge a lone it fell over people saw I am okay with a bruised ego, if I tell her what really happened she tells her family now I am idiot in their eyes to there is no escaping it. The guy was done the minute he decided to move a fridge alone, so he needs a sympathetic story so they forget about the stupid thing he just did. And it failed miserably cause he can't even make it half decent in the snow?

I would have said I was pulling the fridge out and it tipped forward as everything shifted it knocked me into the table I think I have some bruised ribs, but I will be over shortly. lol She could find out I was moving it outside by myself like idiot from a neighbour. <--- true stupidity successfully avoiding the whole situation. lol
 Seki1949
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2017 10:06:19 PM

I think we’re pretty much done.

Guy's a jerk. You should be done unless your a fool.
 hemingway234
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2017 8:43:44 AM
Yeah, I've got a fridge on my foot right now, I can't reply!
 gtomustang
Msg: 30
on the 13th of Christmas, my true love gave to me....a bullshit stoo-or-ree!
Posted: 12/28/2017 2:09:46 PM
Golly, we were just being teased by a poster for our low tolerance for cow manure :) But I have the solution to all this:

invite him to your parents for New Years!

if he comes by, check his head for bumps. If the fridge falls again, decide you can never trust anything he says...esp. if he promises to pull out in time. I mean, if he's going to lie about one thing...who knows what else he lies about. Ask him to demonstrate how long six inches is, and then compare to a ruler.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 31
on the 13th of Christmas, my true love gave to me....a bullshit stoo-or-ree!
Posted: 12/28/2017 3:00:29 PM

Is there furry handcuffs to go with this scenario?

Yes, of course. To match my furry back!

LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2017 3:34:16 PM
I think he has let you know that he is not ready to get involved with your family. You have dated 8 weeks or so and I get that. However he should have been man enough to say that he was not wanting to be in the spotlight and judged by your family.
He may also have had some other arrangement that he preferred to keep. The story is bullshit, if he were unconscious for a couple of hours any normal person would go to the hospital to have tests done if a fridge fell on his head. A pill for a migraine??? What a joke... This man is not a keeper and I think he is in it for the benefits. Up to you to decide what to do.
 forumzfishonly
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/28/2017 4:53:17 PM
Judging by his remarks and anger, I don’t really think he cares if you believe him, or if you dump him, he probably had another date..perhaps with the Maytag repairman
 LGL1975
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2017 5:27:31 PM
A student at my university was crushed by a coke machine. It happened over Christmas. He lived less than 2 hours from OP's hometown. He was going home for Christmas the next day. It was not an episode of Trailer Park Boys. The family sued Coca-Cola and named a scholarship after him.
 cooldog65
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2017 6:04:07 PM
He probably got another offer for Christmas dinner.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 36
Posted: 12/29/2017 3:31:15 AM

(country_girl379)
I don’t know how to feel, my gut is telling me it was a bullshit story . All I wanted was some proof of this story, or something to ease my mind and he wants to throw our relationship away now because of it . Should I just forget about him ? or am I being childish?

I don't think you're being childish. While his story is just barely possible, it isn't very plausible. I'm not sticking up for your guy, nor am I suggesting that you go back to him and pretend that nothing happened; after all, what he did impacted you in a big way. But, consider: he might have an anxiety disorder, and the thought of meeting your family triggered off a debilitating anxiety attack.

Check out his story, *WITHOUT* holding it over his head. Then, decide whether you're gonna stay or go. If you stay, youse guys need to talk about this. If you leave, tell him why. If he still sticks to his story, even if you know it's BS, don't argue with him. Just leave/hang up/do not text back (personally, I think this would be best done in person, but in a public place. Something this important shouldn't be handled by text, although this new-fangled contraption is all the rage with you kids...)

Lastly, come back here, and tell us the whole sordid story, leaving out no details. In fact, embellish it if you have to, to make the story more juicy.
 forumzfishonly
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/29/2017 8:05:13 AM
At least some good came out of it, you now know who NOT to call if you need a fridge moved. :D
 backcreek7
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2017 10:01:57 AM
It's beyond obvious ~ this man is not worthy of you and shouldn't be mentioned, especially when we've got > such a fine fish to discuss ...

Now lets get down to what is worthy, this being that fantastic fish you got in your lap. I wanna know all about the fish, in detail please. Obviously, it's a largemouth bass - maybe 4 lbs or better. Were you trolling? casting ? what lb test ? What kind of super lure were you using, or was it " live " bait?

Did you eat that giganto thang, turn her loose, or mount it ? Bet that bugger gave you quite a fight, did it jump several times ? And, if you don't mind ~ I would like a description of the lake or river & what time did you catch her ?

ps 1 ? I have fallen in love with the fish & wish to date her, if you returned her to the water. Please write a small note from me, stating my desire ~ and drop it into the water , attached to a bobber - near where you caught her.

ps 2 ? Reckon there's no sense dating if shes croaked, fish are no fun at all on dates, once they've croaked ....

ps 3 ? How do I know, she's a female, you might ask ? Angle and size of dorsal fin,
of course ~ silly !
 aintnodeal
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2017 12:32:53 PM
^^^ I took a fish head to see a movie. Didn't have to pay to get it in.
Skipped the whole Italian restaurant & cappuccino thing, just went straight to the movie.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 40
Posted: 12/29/2017 1:01:03 PM
And it doesn't play drums, either.
 backcreek7
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2017 4:14:24 PM
^^^^^
" I took a fish, who couldn't play the drums ~ to dinner & a movie "
^^ well , har dee har har !!!!

* famous old feminist quote > " a woman needs a man, like a fish needs a bicycle "

^ Just for that ( in your tooze honors ) I'm gonna get one over on the feminists ~ and teach MY FISH, how to ride a bicycle !!!

^^ they ( the feminists ) can put " that "
( & by " that " ... I don't mean MY FISH )
in their pipes & smoke it !!

col ~
 xiang hoi
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2017 8:09:39 PM
My buddy went to his g/f's home and all they had for sandwiches were tomatoes. He hated tomatoes, but ended up having several and said how enjoyable they were. Yuck.
Why did he need to give you a reason for missing dinner? Does he need to give you a reason for everything he does? Vending machines kill between 12 to 13 people every year! why? because some angry dude lost his money and shakes the machine.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 43
Posted: 12/30/2017 10:30:35 PM
OP, no, you're not being childish. It's time to put the freeze on this relationship.
 dpwesu
Msg: 44
Posted: 12/31/2017 8:20:25 AM
^^^^^^

yes.....and I mean in a literal sense......where I am.....it's 10 below........
 MsSkeezix
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/31/2017 10:24:09 AM

.where I am.....it's 10 below........

Brrrrr....thirteen below zero 'real' temperature with a 20-30 below zero windchill where I am~

Got out this morning to shovel, start the car, let it run to keep the battery charged up, feed the birds<<<
After twenty minutes, face frozen---who needs Botox!

So Exhilarating, Good Times~
I love Winter<<<

;-0
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2017 3:05:40 PM

*and if you want to look at my profile and question it go ahead but I haven’t used this site in months, especially since starting to see this guy 2 months ago

When you start seeing someone, even if you're not Officially an item quite yet (knock on wood) -- you can easily edit your profile and mark your Status as Not Single / Not Looking. This will pretty much make you Not show up in searches. If you haven't logged in in a while, it'll be damn hard for one to find you. Once an item -- you can put a disclaimer at the top "*** NOT SINGLE", too.

That said -- yeah, he probably was moving some stuff, was wishy-washy on meet-the-parents -- and frustrated about agreeing to it when he's in the flow of things -- he chickens out on confrontation, then makes a BS story.

You should of just told him right off the bat, before he'd have to create some false extended, detailed story: "Look, I know it's awkward. It's only been 2 months, meet the parents... but it's more awkward to exaggerate stuff like that. It's OK to change your mind when you're wishy-washy on it, and then in the midst of moving stuff around -- you don't have to fake an injury. Just give the heads up."

But, it's too late for that. You should just send him a text: "You know what, I'm so sorry I didn't believe you. Obviously a fridge fell on you when moving it, even though they're not tough to move. You obviously got knocked out for 2 hours -- and I'm a complete b!tch by questioning the story. Of course you wouldn't lie or even exaggerate to me. I'm a horrible person by even questioning it. You don't have to forgive me. You're an honest man... a true straight-shooter, and I lost an opportunity." then "Brad says it's OK, that I can be forgiven. But I'm not asking for that." -- and he'll be like "Who's Brad?" and you just never reply.
 9Pluto
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2017 5:31:34 PM
No piece of bass for your boyfriend.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Be careful grabbing a beer on New Year's Day:
heavy.com/news/2013/01/man-killed-by-refrigerator-los-angeles/
(from 2013)
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 48
Posted: 12/31/2017 7:18:17 PM

(Wilbur) Note to self: If a fridge ever falls on me and knocks me unconscious in the snow, no one will believe me.

Thanks for your trust in me, f*ckers.

An adherent of the "I'll piss in your ear and tell you it's raining!" school of thought, also known as, "I don't even respect you enough to tell you a *CREDIBLE* lie!"

Nice, Wilbur...
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2018 9:40:01 AM
Not available, phone switched off, passive aggressive the next day? He'd gone somewhere else on Christmas Day.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/1/2018 11:55:29 PM

Yup that one would really fly living in Orlando.

Get a load of this...

https://www.clickorlando.com/weather/say-it-ain-t-snow-some-central-florida-counties-could-see-wintery-mix-

Oh, and nice new picture, you little fox.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > boyfriend stood me up Christmas Day