Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Have you ever dated a hoarder?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Have you ever dated a hoarder?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I was an orderly, place for everything, ect, long prior to entry in the Navy. I still am.
 five-marie
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Have you ever dated a hoarder?
Posted: 1/10/2018 11:16:52 AM
Met a man from here years ago. Living room and kitchen were pretty normal but he told me I wasn't allowed to look anywhere else because of all his stuff. Looked out his window and he told me not to. Huge property, 2 large pole barns apparently full of junk and the entire property was covered in more junk.
He, and other retired men I've met, spend a lot of time at auctions looking for deals. They plan on selling/fixing all this stuff but never do and it just piles up.
I can understand collections but not hoarding of garbage. I remember one Hoarding episode on TV, women had no water in her bathroom (for some reason they never have water). She kept using the toilet despite this and it was full and running over the edges. Show asked her if the smell bothered her, she said no, she had an air freshener in there. Got to be mental illness if this seems normal.
 CBGB77
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2018 1:08:05 PM

Posted By: five-marie on 1/10/2018 152 PM
Subject: Have you ever dated a hoarder?
Message: Met a man from here years ago. Living room and kitchen were pretty normal but he told me I wasn't allowed to look anywhere else because of all his stuff. Looked out his window and he told me not to. Huge property, 2 large pole barns apparently full of junk and the entire property was covered in more junk.
He, and other retired men I've met, spend a lot of time at auctions looking for deals. They plan on selling/fixing all this stuff but never do and it just piles up.
I can understand collections but not hoarding of garbage. I remember one Hoarding episode on TV, women had no water in her bathroom (for some reason they never have water). She kept using the toilet despite this and it was full and running over the edges. Show asked her if the smell bothered her, she said no, she had an air freshener in there. Got to be mental illness if this seems normal.

The woman I said I suspected was a hoarder told me that the light in her bathroom stopped working,I told her she should call an electrician but she said that would cost too much so she just keeps a table lamp into her bathroom.
 MsSkeezix
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/10/2018 1:33:50 PM
CBGB77 wrote:
the light in her bathroom stopped working,I told her she should call an electrician but she said that would cost too much so she just keeps a table lamp into her bathroom.

Seems perfectly logical to me...I've done similar things in pinch.

I don't see that as a sign of being a hoarder~
 CBGB77
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2018 2:07:23 PM

Posted By: MsSkeezix on 1/10/2018 350 PM
the light in her bathroom stopped working,I told her she should call an electrician but she said that would cost too much so she just keeps a table lamp into her bathroom.

Seems perfectly logical to me...I've done similar things in pinch.

I don't see that as a sign of being a hoarder~

Yeah but she she has a lot of lamps.She brings another one in every time a bulb burns out.
 MsSkeezix
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/10/2018 2:12:42 PM
^^^
Yeah but she she has a lot of lamps.She brings another one in every time a bulb burns out.

Now THAT'S crazy~
Seems easier just change the bulb rather than drag another lamp out of storage. Duh

;-)
 five-marie
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2018 2:30:24 PM
CBGB77, she probably doesn't want to let an electrician in. If she is a hoarder she's ashamed.
 CBGB77
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2018 1:35:43 PM
She wants me to go to the circus with her

https://circusjuventas.org/
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2018 4:09:16 PM
^^^^^

so you're continuing with the 'hoarder' while your other prospect is sick and unwell???

Why you sly dawg you :: wink wink ::

Just kidding matey... Just an Aussie dig at your fortunate luck to have two ladies to conquest... (I had presumed this lady had fallen out after the 'sick' lady was in the picture)

I fully agree with you... get out there and diversify...

Circus sounds cool...
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/2/2018 4:12:58 PM
^^^
What did I miss? there's 2 women, a hoarder/circus lady & the flu lady?
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 36
Posted: 2/2/2018 4:14:18 PM
can't edit above

:0(

AS I POSTED THIS ...

I AM WATCHING....

SISTER WIVES!
 CBGB77
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2018 5:31:26 PM

Posted By: Platinum_Blonde_Angel on 2/2/2018 658 PM
What did I miss? there's 2 women, a hoarder/circus lady & the flu lady?

Posted By: Platinum_Blonde_Angel on 2/2/2018 618 PM

AS I POSTED THIS ...

I AM WATCHING....

SISTER WIVES!

Lol,actually there are 3:

hoarder #1 aka circus lady
hoarder #2
& the flu lady?

I've know Hoarder #1(aka Circus lady) for 2 years now but only see her once every month or 2.Keep hoping she will forget about me

Hoarder #2 I haven't seen for a couple of weeks,I told her I would call her last week but I never did.She is still my Facebook friend(as are 13 other women I had previously met on a dating website).

Flu lady I haven't hear from since yesterday. I think she just wants to hunker down now because it's Superbowl Weekend here in Minneapolis with all it's crowds and traffic.
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 38
Posted: 2/2/2018 7:00:23 PM
I hope flu lady has not taken a turn for the worse & is in the hospital :0(

Maybe Hoarder #1 & hoarder #2 can become Sister Wives & trade stuff???

"I'll swap you a broken toilet bowl handle for 3 odd socks"
 CBGB77
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2018 8:03:37 AM

Posted: 2/2/2018 7:00:23 PM

Maybe Hoarder #1 & hoarder #2 can become Sister Wives & trade stuff???

"I'll swap you a broken toilet bowl handle for 3 odd socks"

Thank you. Yes,I am concerned for Flu Lady but there is really not much I can do til I hear back from her.

I believe Hoarder #1 and Hoarder #2 are both collectors of vintage clothing but #1 likes Victorian styles and #2 is more Mid Century Modern.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2018 1:39:21 PM

Well, at this point -- she's either dead or it's passed. I think she was riding off the flu thing too much, which you can get away with some... but in the end, she ran out of excuses. Plenty of hotdog meat in the sea of single men to feast upon. :)
 CBGB77
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2018 8:18:42 AM

Posted By: norwegianguy456 on 2/3/2018 321 PM

Well, at this point -- she's either dead or it's passed. I think she was riding off the flu thing too much, which you can get away with some... but in the end, she ran out of excuses.

Haha,well you maybe right but she really did sound like someone who had double pneumonia when I last spoke to her 3 days ago,I don't think she was faking,lol
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 42
Posted: 2/4/2018 10:17:30 AM
Being sick like that, well, starting a new relationship cannot be a priority for that person.

Will share a sad story.

Over 10 years ago met a man IRL, thru his job. Turns out a co worker of his was a friend of my neighbor.

Through the grapevine it was ascertained we both "liked" eachother.

My phone # got passed to him, we had an hour long phone call.

He was concerned about losing his job if we dated, but we were going to try to be discrete.

Then he did a fade.

I heard thru the grapevine he battled cancer.

Recently I found out he died 10 years ago.

I am glad I harbored no anger etc. or disbelief of him.

CBGB77
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2018 4:37:27 PM
Oh that is a very sad story Platinum_Blonde_Angel :(
 CBGB77
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2018 4:50:40 PM
In other news: I made a date to have dinner with the "Woman Formerly Know AS Flu Lady" (she never had the flu) it turned out to be a bad sinus infection which is apparently something that can last a looooooong time.The actual Happy Evening is still TBD.
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/4/2018 5:37:11 PM
In memorium of the late Mr. M, I hope all on POF fall in love in time for Valentines Day!

May you & Sinus Infection Lady have a fun filled evening, replete w/ plenty of kleenex!
 CBGB77
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2018 6:30:32 PM

Posted By: Platinum_Blonde_Angel on 2/4/2018 711 PM
Message: In memorium of the late Mr. M, I hope all on POF fall in love in time for Valentines Day!

May you & Sinus Infection Lady have a fun filled evening, replete w/ plenty of kleenex!

Lol,thanks so much Platinum_Blonde_Angel
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2018 1:52:12 PM

In other news: I made a date to have dinner with the "Woman Formerly Know AS Flu Lady" (she never had the flu) it turned out to be a bad sinus infection which is apparently something that can last a looooooong time.

Or the infection of dating other guys that finally fell thru somewhat. ;) I've had sinus infections -- sure, they vary, but in general, even bad ones -- you're not going to be MIA from mere texting for a long-long time.

In the end, when you're dealing with a lot of sh!t, the rubber meats the road on how much you Really care about another person in your life. And to be fair, we can't expect ourselves to be on ready-5 when we haven't met yet -- although if you're one of the ones online they're really perked about, being off the radar won't be in long stretches at all.
 CBGB77
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2018 5:00:47 PM
Well I 86ed both of my hoarders. Hoarder #2 I ghosted a few weeks ago and I'm sure she is over me because I see her online at POF.Hoarder #1 had asked me to go out yesterday but I told her I didn't want too she took it pretty well. The "Woman Formerly Know AS Flu Lady" is supposed to get back with me this week but really I am not holding my breath. That is because last week I have a met another woman on POF who could be a very good match for me. That is why I wanted to get rid of my other entanglements.
 DrivingHarmony2018
Msg: 49
Posted: 2/19/2018 8:08:04 PM

That is why I wanted to get rid of my other entanglements.

OP:
This made me laugh along with you telling Hoarder #2 you did not want to go out with her, and she took it pretty well. Does she think you did not want to go out because she is a hoarder? Glad to hear you are untangled. :)

On topic: Nope, would not be interested in dating a hoarder....ever. Too stressful. When I go to Costco, I get overly anxious because there is just too much stuff in there. It's overwhelming. That's what Goodwills are for, to donate all the stuff you don't use or need anymore. Either that or contact 1 800-GotJunk.
 Naturalselection53
Msg: 50
Posted: 2/20/2018 12:51:57 PM

Nope, would not be interested in dating a hoarder.
Me either. Back when I worked in healthcare, I worked with a few hoarders. Just don't have the patience for that nonsense.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Have you ever dated a hoarder?