Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Black unemployment rate falls to a record low      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gtomustang
Msg: 26
Black unemployment rate falls to a record lowPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
"I will not be fined for not having mental health and pregnancy coverage. "

"You really do evidence a shocking level of ignorance for a man who attempts to show he knows what is going on"

magicstillaroundme: "Now that we are getting Messikin situation under control the Negroes are stealing our jobs!"

>>not the first time he's revealed his blatant racism, kollata.
 deetristate
Msg: 27
Black unemployment rate falls to a record low
Posted: 1/6/2018 2:58:34 AM
You people sure go through a lot of machinations to undo good news just because it happened under Trump.

One poster even puts out figures allegedly showing that "obama did it too." What those figures are actually showing is that it took Obama several years to do the same thing that was done under Trump in one year.

Will it kill you people to admit to the good things?

The efforts against illegal immigration have probably helped.

""""The Senate heard testimony Wednesday that examined the impact of immigration on U.S. workers, and one of the more stinging rebukes of current U.S. policy came from an unlikely source – U.S. Civil Rights Commissioner Peter Kirsanow.

Kirsanow testified that blacks have been hurt more by President Obama’s immigration policies than perhaps any other subgroup of the U.S. population.

During that period, the U.S. has been importing about 1 million legal immigrants per year, along with 350,000 to 400,000 or more immigrants who hop the border illegally or overstay their visas and never go home.

“The evidence that we gathered shows that, unequivocally, the wage and unemployment levels of black Americans are disproportionately adversely affected by illegal immigration, particularly when it pertains to the effect on black males,” Kirsanow told the Judiciary Committee’s subcommittee on immigration and the national interest."""""""""
 Tootiefrutie1
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/6/2018 4:56:07 AM
A quote from Peter Kirsanow:

“There is (and has been for some time) substantial evidence that blacks are not shot at disproportionate rates, at least not disproportionate to the rates blacks are involved in crime or conduct that otherwise triggers interaction with police,” he writes. “…The president knows this. So does his attorney general and the presumptive Democratic nominee for president. The members of the media should know it, otherwise they should be in a different profession. Yet each continues to traffic in falsehoods — falsehoods that are the political equivalent of shouting ‘Fire!’ in a crowded theater; falsehoods that provide convenient rationales for bad actors. ”
 deetristate
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/6/2018 4:59:20 AM
Ah.

Nice pivot.
 Tootiefrutie1
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/6/2018 5:06:20 AM
"Nice pivot."

To immigration. Yes, I agree.

"The Senate heard testimony Wednesday that examined the impact of immigration on U.S. workers, and one of the more stinging rebukes of current U.S. policy came from an unlikely source – U.S. Civil Rights Commissioner Peter Kirsanow."

Ideologically, Kirsanow is far right. No wonder he has this take on African-American crime statistics and immigration. It dovetails that of President Trump.

Why don't we pivot back to scholarly work on the reasons African-Americans have higher unemployment ans lower wages than nearly all other minority groups:

"a recent paper by Tomaz Cajner, Tyler Radler, David Ratner and Ivan Vidangos, a group of economists at the Federal Reserve, finds that differences between races in schooling alone are not nearly large enough to account for the size of the disparity.

Using American census data from 1976 to 2016, the authors built a statistical model using four factors they expected to account for variations in unemployment between racial minorities and whites: education, age, marital status and the state a person lives in. Among men, these variables collectively explained around three-quarters of the difference in joblessness rates between Hispanics and whites—but only about one-fifth of the gap between blacks and whites.

The authors put forward three possible reasons for this stubborn discrepancy. First, they suggest that nominal educational attainment could be a poor measure of labour-market skills: schools vary widely in quality, and those in majority-black districts tend to underperform on standardised tests. A second potential reason is mass incarceration. Around one in three black men spend time behind bars during their lives, which severely hampers their employment prospects upon release.

The third possible explanation is outright discrimination. One study in 2004 provided strong evidence that racism among employers is at least partly to blame. The authors responded to “help wanted” advertisements in newspapers in Boston and Chicago with fake resumes. They gave names common to black Americans to some fictitious applicants, and names common to whites to the rest. Every other detail was identical. Sure enough, the candidates with stereotypically white names received 50% more job interviews."

I so like it when scholars pose causation rather than those ideologically blinded.
 deetristate
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/6/2018 5:36:00 AM
Possible

Suggest

Yaaaawn.

Again you avoid the reality of the positive news.
That you are a leftist racist Mr/Ms. Multiple POF Ids is nothing new or interesting.

I am not playing anymore. It is not interesting. I will take a walk to the coffee shop. You may return to posting and responding to yourself.

None of that disputes positive employment news in the Trump year.

Continue. . .
 kollata
Msg: 32
Posted: 1/6/2018 6:14:12 AM
""""Again you avoid the reality of the positive news.
That you are a leftist racist Mr/Ms. Multiple POF Ids is nothing new or interesting.

I am not playing anymore""""

Uh oh...Dee is angry with the facts again, is taking her ball and going home. Bigley sad.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2018 12:37:30 PM
“One poster even puts out figures allegedly showing that ‘obama did it too.’ What those figures are actually showing is that it took Obama several years to do the same thing that was done under Trump in one year.”

WTF is wrong with you?

Maybe it’ll help if show it as yearly change instead of straight numbers:

Dec 2009: N/A
Dec 2010: -0.6
Dec 2011: -0.1
Dec 2012: -1.4
Dec 2013: -2.1
Dec 2014: -1.3
Dec 2015: -2.1
Dec 2016: -0.6
Dec 2017: -1.1

So let’s see here, Trump’s year 1 (including 1 Obama month) appears to rank 5th over the past 7 years among these black unemployment decreases and half as much as 2 Obama years. Do you want to argue with that? Do you seriously want to argue with math? And I guarantee you it will be the best that will happen during his term, because, as the economists say, we are currently at “full employment” and it will be very difficult to get much lower overall employment.

“The evidence that we gathered shows that, unequivocally, the wage and unemployment levels of black Americans are disproportionately adversely affected by illegal immigration, particularly when it pertains to the effect on black males”

I’m going to sound very Trump-ish here (he of “all Haitians have AIDS” and African refugees will “never go back to their huts” and “good people on both sides” fame), but facts are facts: black males’ employment opportunities are being hurt mostly by black males themselves. They highly disproportionately drop out of school to sell drugs and run with gangs and get teen girls pregnant that some attempt to take some responsibility for and go to interviews with gold teeth and caps on backwards and underwear showing and you wonder why they don’t have jobs and have a higher unemployment rate than whites and why we need immigrants here to do the jobs they won’t do.

Now to get myself back out of that hole I just dug and into another, that’s mostly white people’s fault: you herd black people into ghettos and treat them like subhuman cattle for centuries, then you shouldn’t be surprised you create such a culture that perpetuates for decades after most legal discrimination is abolished. But nevertheless, I can tell you as a mostly black person that has been a hiring manager and runs his own businesses: I’ll take a hardworking, honest, upward-aiming illegal Mexican immigrant any day over the typical black male that walks in off the street. But I say “typical” – I am not typical and I would not hesitate for a second to hire a black male like me. Unfortunately, by definition, a disproportionate number of black males are “typical.” But I don’t know why I’m having to tell YOU of all people this. Although you do tend to ignore the negative aspects of the black community, despite growing up and I presume still living in one, while highly exaggerating he negative aspects of immigrant communities. Having grown up in a 99% white area, I can probably be a little more objective about black people than most black people while also still realizing we got a raw deal.

On a quasi-related matter:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/york-city-records-fewest-murders-lowest-crime-rate/story?id=52166562

It’s funny how Fox News, Breitbart, Newsmax, etc. stumble all over themselves to point out how terrible Chicago is every time crime statistics come out and blame it all on having Democratic/liberal media, yet not a peep is hear out of them about New York recording its lowest murder rate in at least 70 years. But wait a minute: it has a super-liberal mayor and a Democratic governor not to mention 2 Democratic presidents during 16 of the past 25 years – how could that be? HOW COULD THAT BE?!?! Indeed, NYC had 2245 murders in 1900 vs. 290 in 2017 – a nearly 90% drop. That said, you could argue this situation is similar to Trump being given credit for 2017’s black unemployment rate despite only being in office 11 months. Although most governors have been Democratic during that 27 year period of time, most mayors have been Republicans (or former Republican turned independent due to his disgust with Republicans) including “Hang ‘em” Rudy for 8 years with his no tolerance and stop-and-frisk policies, so maybe this is just a continuation of what he and Bloomberg did, not necessarily what de Blasio’s been doing over the past couple of years. Just to be fair. But still, it’s funny how Fox News (despite being based in NYC) just swept this under the mat.

“the economy has actually underperformed for a long time now.”

I wouldn’t say the economy has been underperforming. But to clarify, when I said it was “on fire,” I meant in modern terms. Because the U.S. economy will never be what it was in the 1950s or the 1980s or even the late 90s ever again. In the 1950s we benefited greatly by being the only significant economy in the world that wasn’t devastated by WWII and we were basically providing the rest of the world with the vast majority of goods, particularly automobiles, what with China and India being non-factors and Japan and Germany completely destroyed. Gee, where does our main auto production competition come from today, I wonder. By the 1980s we were finally starting to lose our grip on factory dominance with powerful competition from all the other emerging economies, but we weren’t quite there yet. By the late 90s, that had pretty much happened but computers were just beginning to take over jobs once performed by several people, but we weren’t quite there yet.

NOW we are quite there with it all, and we’ll never be the same or “great” again. You can’t claim our current economy is underperforming in comparison to economies that were in completely different, largely non-competitive environments. The fact that we are down to 4% unemployment under the current circumstances is indeed a significant achievement, even if we now have a lot more McJobs than we did when we were previously down to 4% unemployment – but that’s just the way it is and how it’s going to continue to be, especially with the population so damn dumb that nearly half of them think that Trump is a great leader and Devos is a great education secretary. So long as the American population remains that stupid, we’ll continue to fall behind the rest of the world in the new “smart jobs” with good pay that are the wave of the future.
 deetristate
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/7/2018 6:48:58 AM
That, like the cursing, gto ... uh, Hawking, doesn't negate my point. Or make you look like a big man or a confident one.

You have a lot of anger. You need to do something about that. You may have a heart attack or a stroke.

Why you people have a need to defend people who have no right to be here (illegal and other immigrants) in the first place is just amazing to me.

Did you open your home to any refugees or illegal immigrants? Sponsor any to live with you?

That was rhetorical.

That is great that the murder level dropped in NYC.

But, given your refusal to give Trump credit for the rate drop of black unemployment, shouldn't you, using your logic, credit all the people BEFORE this "liberal mayor," given that the drop in crime rate in NYC was over a 27 year period?

That illegals and immigrants in general take unskilled jobs and you point out that many blacks would have to take these unskilled jobs (that illegals are taking), aren't you just proving what I posted and the Civil Rights Commission head stated?

I don't know about you, but I grew up in a Jack and Jill/Links neighborhood. THAT was typical for me. ( Psst - 75% of black are not on any kind of public assistance).
You really need to stop hating yourself.
 kollata
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/7/2018 7:36:27 AM
I thought dee you took your ball and went home. Why did you come back? You just look like that much more of an idiot. So sad.

Tootiefrutie1
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/7/2018 8:26:12 AM
One would think the concern would be that African-Americans have higher unemployment and much lower wages than white Americans, and the return of the administration to the "war on drugs" threatens to incarcerate another generation of young African-American men.

It's ludicrous to witness "states rights" free market capitalists become federalist when it concerns marijuana. The last war on drugs incarcerated 1 in 3 young African-American men, which in turn was one of the greatest factors impacting African-American employment and wage rates. Yet, our new federalist supports the return to the war on drugs.

I believe the stances taken by our new federalist poster, belie claims of education and race. And the accusations of multiple profiles made by this poster are a deflection intended to distract the rest of us from the true nature of the poster. It was amusing to see the bond she had created with mudclean.
 gtomustang
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/7/2018 9:31:32 AM
"you herd black people into ghettos"

>>>and how did they end up there, if their great grandparents grew up on Southern plantations as slaves? Well, they migrated north to get jobs. But how do you build equity for future generations if you don't own your own house? So they don't join the "white flight" out of the cities at the end of the 1960's, and work on the corporate campuses corporations build out in the suburbs. As Tootie pointed out, the crack cocaine crackdown was a continuation of Nixon's "War on Drugs", which conveniently missed suburban moms on "mother's little helper" to pursue those hippies and Black Panther types. And now, the urbanites who reached middle class by working for their local governments, where have their pensions gone as the cities run out of money b/c of the tax breaks they gave to companies hoping to get them back into the cities again?

Let's see Sessions go after the new drug scourge, incarcerate white folk abusing their painkillers. Bet that stops the support for the new drug war in its tracks (pun intended)

Why did D come back? I guess she found her balls. :) oh gosh, I guess I cursed again.
 deetristate
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/7/2018 11:48:52 AM
Because you essentially just repeated what you posted on another thread, - lata, Marilyn, tuttie, whatever, I am just cutting and pasting.

Again, a leftist trying to tell black people what to think and how to act.

So typical. (Not to mention the essence of racism exhibited in you by assuming that "they all deal and use marijuana and support it."

(I do not support the position of mudclean. But I appreciate that he isn't telling black people what to do or pretending to care under the guise of concern sprinkled with paternalism like your typical leftist.)

(Worry about your disappearing people. We got this.)

(As I posted in another thread before gto posted above):
Actually, given the Oxycontin and similar drug related Caucasian overdoses and drug dealing and deaths and the Obama established policy of

"drug use is a societal problem best solved by rehab rather than prison" (because there are now a lot of whites affected?)

it would be interesting to see whether they actually do restart the "war on drugs" and how it is battled and against whom.

If they get rid of leftists, things would improve immensely.

You are such a kid, gto.
Wait.
That's right. You are an only child.
Nevermind. I GET it now.
I understand.

EDIT:
Another of the multiple IDs of the condescending controlling racist white liberal BELOW defining who is my " hero."
(And not addressing the actual topic)
Ha!
You people kill me. LOL!

(That " I will accuse you of being concerned about something that you expressed no interest in and then dare you to address it is so . . . not useful to your cause.)
 Imported_labor
Msg: 39
Posted: 1/7/2018 11:55:19 AM
Gto,
That may be true, but she didn't find them to say anything to defend her hero Omarosa when she was unceremoniously dumped. During the campaign she wouldn't stop singing her praises.
 kollata
Msg: 40
Posted: 1/7/2018 12:49:58 PM

Again, a leftist trying to tell black people what to think and how to act

You mean its okay for those on the right to tell black people what to do? John and Zero can tell you how to think and act? It's okay for Trump to assert that most blacks live in the Ghetto and "what have you got to lose". Curious... Has Trump done anything for Black people since he got in office?
 Tootiefrutie1
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/7/2018 2:52:01 PM
"Again, a leftist trying to tell black people what to think and how to act."

As a second generation American, with parents of Middle-Eastern decent, I find your blatant racism offensive. Not only are "my kind" the people you continually target, but you seem to think you have the only valid opinion on African-Americans. Frankly, most here view you as one bitter, confused, racially motivated new federalist. Please accuse me of instituting Sharia Law here in the forums!

"it would be interesting to see whether they actually do restart the "war on drugs" and how it is battled and against whom."

It will be interesting to see whom the predominately white legal system battles with the administrations new war on drugs AG Sessions is instituting. If the past is any window to the future?

"Experienced law enforcement officials across the country know we cannot arrest our way out of addiction. Arrest and incarceration do not make our communities safer from drug sales and violence but do disproportionately harm people of color and those living in poverty, foster cartel growth and create huge costs to pay for privately run prisons, where over 2 million Americans now reside, many for nonviolent drug crimes." US News

It comes as no surprise that an investor in private prisons, AG Sessions, is in favor of incarcerating another generation of young African-American men.

Whom will the administration appoint to oversee the effort to control opioid addiction?

"To add dark comedy to this unfolding tragic drama, we are also told that Kellyanne Conway, the supremely over the top White House adviser and spokesperson, will be put in charge of the varied efforts to control the opioid epidemic. In effect, is she being named the unofficial White House "drug czar," since none has been officially appointed? Maybe this would seem comic were not 142 Americans dying of overdoses every day, over 60,000 in the past year, which is more than homicides and deaths from motor vehicle accidents combined. Sessions called Conway "exceedingly talented," for what I do not know."

Kellyanne!!! the natural choice, and so talented!

What is the reason for the recent spike in opioid related deaths?

"By the way, the spike in overdose deaths is now significantly related to heroin being laced with synthetic opioids like fentanyl and carfentanil, principally brought in from China and Russia."US News

Our new best friend, Russia, is sending synthetic opioids to aid us with our opioid addiction. Isn't that nice of them?

"(That " I will accuse you of being concerned about something that you expressed no interest in and then dare you to address it is so . . . not useful to your cause.)"

Even I, who came from a family where English was a second language, know that the above comment makes no sense.

Less than a day of thread moratorium. New federalist's have no conviction.
 kollata
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/7/2018 3:03:25 PM
****** I find your blatant racism offensive. *****(

You just made Dee's day. I may be the only person here who recognizes her purpose for being here since day one..over the years...is to offend people. This is what Dee lives for. She doesn't truly care about honest discourse...she has no valid political opinions...she cares about nothing or no one. In the end...she is one angry black female...she always has been...and she takes it out on everyone else.

Her aligning with those on the right here is convenient for her because it allows her to offend the greatest number of people possible with her nonsensical deeisms. I have absolutely no doubt about her, realized it in the greater Israel thread... but stayed away from making my allegations too strongly because of how some reacted....especially Trinity...when I called Dee an angry Black Woman.

You can't say stuff that she says and be taken seriously...and I'm pretty sure many have, over the last year or two, caught on about her and are less timid about voicing their opinions of her...calling her dipsy, etc. Before then, I think people were concerned about being called racist for taking her on..even though she has been playing the race card since day one. Still is...you know..leftists are not allowed to have opinions about Black people..that type of thing. A strikingly angry AND ignorant woman. Bigley sad.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2018 3:32:51 PM
“But, given your refusal to give Trump credit for the rate drop of black unemployment, shouldn't you, using your logic, credit all the people BEFORE this ‘liberal mayor,’ given that the drop in crime rate in NYC was over a 27 year period?”

Did I not say exactly that was a possibility? Just how dense are you? Repeating: “Although most governors have been Democratic during that 27 year period of time, most mayors have been Republicans (or former Republican turned independent due to his disgust with Republicans) including ‘Hang ‘em’ Rudy for 8 years with his no tolerance and stop-and-frisk policies, so maybe this is just a continuation of what he and Bloomberg did, not necessarily what de Blasio’s been doing over the past couple of years. Just to be fair.”

Regardless, I notice you did nothing to refute my position that Trump had nothing to do with the decline of black unemployment nor to refute that the decline was even more impressive in the Obama years. But considering the economy is basically fully employed (because there will ALWAYS be some unemployed people and always have been) and can’t really go much of anywhere from here, it will be interesting to see what Trump and his worshippers have to say when unemployment either goes up or stays flat over the next 10 months (midterms). And again, you guys were claiming these numbers were “fake” just one year ago – remember all that nonsense about U6 numbers vs. U3 (the numbers Trump claimed were fake but is now touting) – whatever happened to all that? Huh? What a smokescreen.

“and you point out that many blacks would have to take these unskilled jobs (that illegals are taking)”

If I was given the choice of hiring a highly inferior black candidate and a superior illegal immigrant candidate, and then that superior illegal immigrant candidate was taken away from me, I would just not hire anybody at all. Because it’s a rare case you need help so badly that you would knowingly hire a terrible worker – they’re often very difficult to get rid of (they often start screaming “discrimination” and talking about lawsuits). Which is what I don’t think you understand.

Furthermore, you’re acting like many of these unemployed blacks are actually competing directly against illegal immigrants for specific jobs. Fact is, many blacks aren’t bothering to truly look at all, because they consider those jobs beneath them, or they just don’t really want to work. Your statistical scenarios aren’t real world ones. Geography obviously plays some into this. Brownsville, Texas, is 92% Hispanic, 8% white non-Hispanic and almost 0% black. What black Americans are being screwed over by a Brownsville business hiring an illegal immigrant (and it has a bunch of them, being on the Mexican border)? If blacks really wanted those jobs, they’d move to Brownsville, then they might have a case of losing jobs to illegal immigrants – or maybe they’d get hired instead, but I don’t see busloads of blacks moving to Brownsville (according to conservatives, busloads of blacks are always being shipped in somewhere to cause trouble).

Brownsville is arguably an extreme case, but the same basic principle is true everywhere: how many black people do you think are submitting applications in the heavily Hispanic areas of Miami and Tampa? (Ironically, I work in the most Hispanic area of Tampa. But I also work for a media entity that just happens to be somewhat randomly located in that Hispanic area and only a couple of my co-workers are Hispanic but far more are black – basically, nobody that works here lives here. But most people prefer to live near where they work, especially poor blacks and illegal immigrants with transportation issues.)

“and the return of the administration to the ‘war on drugs’ threatens to incarcerate another generation of young African-American men.”

Yeah, you would think Dee would have some concern about Jefferson Beauregard Sessions’ attempts to return black people to the plantations, but instead she keeps clapping like a seal for everything coming out of the Trump administration. That’s like serious jungle blindness not to see what Trump and Sessions are up to. Dee will be smiling like Samuel L. Jackson’s character in “Django Unchained” while Sessions drags her relatives off to life sentences for smoking weed.
 deetristate
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/7/2018 4:28:09 PM
Thanks for conceding.

It took a lot of words.

You are one angry dude.

Pity.

A reduction is a reduction and lowest only has one meaning and record low is record low.

You would erect a burning man to blame Trump if the rate wentbup.

Nothing that you posted detracts from the reduction while Trump is President. .

Who you would hire, of all people, is completely irrelevant but ok, fine.
 kollata
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/8/2018 1:37:17 PM
Hawk..just fwiw...a small excerpt from David Stockman's Contra Corner today (he is so conservative, he is a teapartier):

In fact, one sure route to higher aggregate growth and more tax-revenue is to have more immigrant workers. They latter could be easily regularized through a guest-worker system; and its participants could be rewarded for their contribution to American society with an earn-your-way-to-citizenship program based on cumulative taxes paid over an extended period of time.

Finally, as to the matter of crime, America's colossally stupid and failed war on drugs accounts for most of the illegal immigrant/border-crossing-running crime, while the actual settled, working-class immigrant community has crime rates dramatically lower than those of the native population. Those are just plain facts. . . .

The Trump administration has wasted a year on a dead-end agenda----and ended up getting saddled with the Congressional GOP's tax bill albatross in order to put up a fig leaf of accomplishment.

But that's only the half of it. As we have pointed out repeatedly, the tax bill will add $415 billion to the baseline deficit during FY 2018 and 2019, and the GOP's spending agenda for defense, disaster relief, border control, domestic appropriations add-ons, veterans and much more will add another $500 billion. . . .

Besides, the Donald's dogs' breakfast of protectionism, nativism, xenophobia, jingoism and strong-man bombast didn't really need an ideological framework in the first place.

It was never anything more than a wrong-headed mishmash of ersatz nationalism---a pig that even one like Steve Bannon couldn't powder.

gtomustang
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/8/2018 1:51:38 PM
Thanks, Kollata, for that quote from Ron Reagan's David Stockman. Anytime myself and others have pointed out that Republicans supporting business, are the reasons for immigration (they benefit from it), that immigrants paying SS taxes they won't claim, that immigrants spend money here as the Baby Boomers die off...we get called nasty names.

Speaking of Stockman and Sloppy Steve, here's something fun to read:

"Jonah Goldberg says he’s “struggling to think of a comparable figure in American political history who squandered real power and influence as completely and quickly as [Steve] Bannon has.” The closest he comes is Father Coughlin from the 1930s.
I can come no closer. However, Bannon’s fall reminds me of what happened to David Stockman in the 1980s.
In some ways the comparison seems inapt. Stockman, who served as President Reagan’s director of Office of Management and Budget, was a buttoned-down policy wonk (or so he seemed at the time) with no apparent desire to lead a national political movement, though he had been elected to public office (the U.S. House) — something Bannon has never accomplished. "

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/01/steve-bannon-david-stockman-and-the-need-to-spill-ones-guts-to-liberals.php

remember a little while ago, when Bannon predicted Chump wasn't going to last his term? when he undercut the President on North Korea?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/steve-bannon-north-korea-threat-no-military-solution/

seems like Sloppy Steve has been working against Chump for a while before the book :)
 kollata
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/8/2018 2:06:34 PM
^^^^ I really like Stockman for his financial opinions...read him daily since reading his Trumped book more than a year ago...He has a keen knowledge of politics and Wallstreet (intimately involved with both over his career), unlike most others, and great insight. My biggest gripe about him is, although I believe him brilliant, and believe it is the Fed totally responsible for the huge bubble we are in and the ultimate Financial reverberations when it crashes....he has been claiming since 2014 the the crash was imminent. He never understood just how crazy this bubble could grow and it still looks like it will continue growing for now as there is nothing in the wings to pop it.... except possibly a lengthy government shutdown over the more rapidly than ever growing Deficit under Trump. Regardless... a huge reckoning is coming.... of that I am convinced. Just a question of when.
 gtomustang
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/8/2018 2:11:41 PM
I suspect, the problem is, that bubbles are logical. what goes up, comes down.

human behavior, however, is illogical. Faith, and need, may be as strong in financial institutions, as it is in a Higher Power. Humans inevitably will chase good money after bad.
 deetristate
Msg: 49
Posted: 1/9/2018 6:51:59 AM
I am surprised that this thread was not deleted with the other two.

Oh, person on the forum who works for the POF IT company: Do not be so embarrassed with what you write that you delete a whole thread.
 cobster11030
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/9/2018 8:18:20 AM
Yes^^

This below happened yesterday in Georgia.
Not bad for a bigot.
Trump signs bill to upgrade Martin Luther King's birthplace to national historic park
Next time I am over that way, I'll most likely stop in for a visit. Our National Parks are quite the places!!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Black unemployment rate falls to a record low