Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > My Cats are C*ck-Blocking Me      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 51
My Cats are C*ck-Blocking MePage 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

Halicon Sky,, how do you do yor training of the cats to not get on Table, counter? I have one that does, i have tried the squirting w/ water, ect. She is a Tonkinese, and sheds like crazy, i'm always wiping down stuff.

I bought a Scat Cat Repeller to train them. It worked.

Now, they don't jump up on the tables, and I no longer have to use it.

https://www.harrietcarter.com/products/scat-cat-repeller
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 52
view profile
History
My Cats are C*ck-Blocking Me
Posted: 2/9/2018 11:13:06 AM

Cant make a cat do anything they dont want to do, lol, even squirting them.

I can't speak for cats in general, but one I had as a kid -- and one I dealt with in college years, and observed, you can't train them to a tee like a dog (although some dumb dogs can be really tough)... but you can train to adjust them to content. From my 1st and 2nd hand experiences, anyway. :) Not to say there are some that won't at all. Ymmv.

A lot of cats are trainable but you have to get them very young. If they are over a year old, it's close to impossible.

I think cats are real independent, and when we compare them to dogs -- sheesh. Herding cats concept comes to mind. But as a kid we picked up a sorta-stray... kicked out of a house in the greater neighborhood probably 6 months old, was a stray for a month or two, and we took it in. He was more like a dog. He'd adjust. He'd rarely jump on the dining room table, and if so, he knew nothing was on the table so it wasn't human freaking-out time. He'd even sit at one of the empty dining room chairs and just watch with his eyes just over the table, not even trying to get on it. He'd guilt-trip ya like a dog. :)
 jco415
Msg: 53
Posted: 2/9/2018 6:03:10 PM
Every cat I've ever had listened to me...people always commented they were more like dogs...I can't say that I do anything in particular...they just listen.
 whosmeow
Msg: 54
Posted: 2/9/2018 6:29:49 PM
"Everybody wants to be a cat, cause a cats the only cat that knows where its at"... Ive got that tune stuck in my head after reading some of the posts. Cats are awesome companions that don't chew our stuff to bits, but a great dog can be very protective.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 55
Posted: 2/10/2018 2:41:10 PM
Unlike dogs, cats don't need constant human companionship, nor do they need to be walked.

I can go away for a week at a time, and my two do just fine with extra food and water, and three litter boxes.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2018 3:06:24 PM
I don't have a problem with cats on dining tables, as long as they're not on it when I eat.

My dog travels with me. She's been on every trip back east and to TX, by plane. She's been on every camping trip and hiking when I'm camping and on car trips around WA, Idaho, CA, OR and British Columbia. She has never hindered my traveling, but has only made it better. You should choose a pet based on if you can do good by them, and for some, cats are better. I'm glad my ex wanted a dog that I now have. She's my first, and my love for her is beyond words. I let her out in the yard, but she also goes on puppy pads. I bring one in my carry-on so I can bring her to the ladies room with it when I land.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2018 7:18:30 PM
I bought a Scat Cat Repeller to train them. It worked.

Now, they don't jump up on the tables, and I no longer have to use it.

Thanks Halicon Sky,,, i'll have to try that. The Tonk is the shedder, and 11 years old. I am hoping it will work, esp as she sheds all over the Table.
 Naturalselection53
Msg: 58
Posted: 2/11/2018 6:30:06 AM

Am I doomed to only dating crazy cat ladys

No, I don't think so. I was never much of a cat person. My son wanted a cat when he was a kid, So I went and got him a cat. The cat is ancient now but still alive. He grew on me over the years and I love him dearly now. He thinks he is a dog. I go for a walk and he follows behind, much to the delight of everyone we come across. So NO, maybe someone will grow to like your cats and it wont just be crazy cat ladies. Nothing wrong with crazy cat ladies though.
 CBGB77
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2018 5:36:34 PM

Posted By: Naturalselection53 on 2/11/2018 806 AM
Subject: My Cats are C*ck-Blocking Me
Am I doomed to only dating crazy cat ladys

No, I don't think so. I was never much of a cat person. My son wanted a cat when he was a kid, So I went and got him a cat. The cat is ancient now but still alive. He grew on me over the years and I love him dearly now. He thinks he is a dog. I go for a walk and he follows behind, much to the delight of everyone we come across. So NO, maybe someone will grow to like your cats and it wont just be crazy cat ladies. Nothing wrong with crazy cat ladies though.

Thanks Ns53! Actually I met a cat lady.Well actually she is not a cat lady,just a woman who owns a cat. She is not crazy either. I haven't met her in person yet,so far we are just sharing messages on line and and learning a little about each other. She live close by and she says she would like to meet me in the near future. Something tells me I'm into something good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDY_TZfCR6U
 CBGB77
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2018 9:21:36 AM
I Have my first date with Cat Woman scheduled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCc8XJGSOag
 debdunn2
Msg: 61
Posted: 3/1/2018 1:55:15 AM
I do not like animals enough to live with one inside or date a man who is attached to his. Some people are compatible and some are not. That is life.
 CBGB77
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2018 4:43:23 PM
Well apparently I am doing it all wrong.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/27/well/family/dog-date-men-women-love-dating-relationships.html
 curvylady1965
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2018 5:33:39 PM
I wonder if the scat cat can help me train my cat to stop trying to run out the door.
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 64
Posted: 3/4/2018 4:20:53 AM
CB GIVE US AN UPDATE PUHLEEZE!
 CBGB77
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2018 8:50:43 AM

Posted By: Platinum_Blonde_Angel on 3/4/2018 653 AM

Thank you Platinum_Blonde_Angel,I had a very nice 1st date. Met for a drink and then took a walk and talked for about 3 hours.She is a lovely woman who I really like.Hope she feels the same way. Made a plan to get together after Oscar Night to see one of nominated films.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/fuzztone65/13b670ed-5d2c-49cc-8084-5309c68b4ef0.jpg
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2018 1:36:29 PM

Met for a drink and then took a walk and talked for about 3 hours.

You guys should have walked out to a secluded place to get touchy-feely. Like out in the woods somewhere.. although that could be creepy at dusk. Which reminds me of my Uncle Lester, on one of his dates talking a walk out in the woods:

Sally: It's getting a little late, it's kind of scary here in the woods.
Lester: How do you think I feel? I gotta walk back alone, in the dark!
 cooldog65
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2018 9:08:03 PM

Like out in the woods somewhere..

He may have had wood...
 CBGB77
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2018 9:27:45 PM

Posted By: norwegianguy456 on 3/4/2018 329 PM
Met for a drink and then took a walk and talked for about 3 hours.

You guys should have walked out to a secluded place to get touchy-feely. Like out in the woods somewhere.. although that could be creepy at dusk. Which reminds me of my Uncle Lester, on one of his dates talking a walk out in the woods:

Sally: It's getting a little late, it's kind of scary here in the woods.
Lester: How do you think I feel? I gotta walk back alone, in the dark!

Lester The Molester,lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QE36M0zmLc
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 69
Posted: 3/5/2018 6:50:58 AM

She is a lovely woman who I really like.Hope she feels the same way. Made a plan to get together after Oscar Night to see one of nominated films.

AWESOME! No more hoarders?
 CBGB77
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2018 7:13:56 AM
Posted By: Platinum_Blonde_Angel on 3/5/2018 858 AM
She is a lovely woman who I really like.Hope she feels the same way. Made a plan to get together after Oscar Night to see one of nominated films.

AWESOME! No more hoarders?

Nope,I deep-sixed both my hoarders."Hoarder #1" did message me on FB last week but I didn't respond.
 cinderellaand
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2018 7:46:30 PM
Well said "cite to cite" Single people should, in my opinion, know who to eliminate in this scenario it is not the cat.
 CBGB77
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2018 7:51:53 AM
Got this text from Hoarder #1 "What are you up to these days?" so I texted back "I started seeing someone recently so that keeps me busy these days" she replied "Keep in touch,I will still send cute cat videos" .
 CBGB77
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2018 1:19:12 PM
Getting ready for 2nd date with Cat Woman tonite:

Ready to form Voltron!
Activate interlocks!
Dyna-therms connected.
Infra-cells up; mega-thrusters are go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZZv5Z2Iz_s
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 74
Posted: 3/10/2018 2:00:25 PM
Don't run into the hoarders!
 CBGB77
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2018 2:29:10 PM
Thanks Pretty Blond Angel, No more hoarders for me!

I hope things work out with Cat Woman she seems puuuurrfect(for me).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUeVYKA6vPk
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > My Cats are C*ck-Blocking Me