Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Older men's expectations      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MyTrueCompanion
Msg: 301
view profile
History
A REAL RELATIONSHIP IS 365 DAYS A YEARPage 13 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
The Between Boyfriends Book: A Collection of Cautiously Hopeful Essays by Cindy Chupack

“Halloweenies: People who break up around Halloween because it's the last stop before the family-filled, gift-mandated, high pressure holidays: Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year's.”

Leaving some emotionally fragile people available to be scooped up by predators.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 302
view profile
History
A REAL RELATIONSHIP IS 365 DAYS A YEAR
Posted: 12/17/2018 5:55:48 AM
They change their minds when their dikc compass gets wind of a fresh piece ass in another direction. The Halloweenies will bookmark their targets with the hope that their victims remember them and pick up where they left off. The thing for people to do is to block them when they disappear and remove them from rented space in their minds they are not paying for.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 303
view profile
History
Happy Christmas, the war (of the sexes) is over
Posted: 12/17/2018 10:18:23 AM
i can agree, the weeks leading up to Christmas can find women a bit more...friendly than usual. but then, for some its the time in their cycle when they're ovulating, and science has proven that. Last week a new cutie bank teller wore an ensemble that showed she had the alcoholic's prayer tattoo'd shoulder to shoulder on her breasts. she also commented to the customer i let go before me, that she wished Christmas could happen all year. I pointed out that of course it could--invite family over for pot luck every sunday, be cheerful year around, contribute to charity when you can (using coupons and bonus points on the credit cards help). she was honest enough to admit...that gets tiring by april :)

the holiday season is the time of "getting together" and "good will towards everyone" and going out at night to parties. it makes logical sense its a perfect time for people to want to have fun...and intimacy is fun. personally, my best times at attracting (not contacts, but actual relationships) w0men out of my league was during the doldrums from January to spring...b/c its too cold out here to go out, and some people look around their social circle to "settle". otherwise, from Christmas to New Years, it seemed like i had plenty of competition going out to events in search of the same thing.

in the end, we never know until we try. so, wear something that attracts attention...if plenty of men walk up to compliment you, but the women barely seem capable of doing the same...then you know :)
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 304
view profile
History
Happy Christmas, the war (of the sexes) is over
Posted: 12/17/2018 3:12:11 PM
Henry wrote:

To all of the men out there who complain they can’t get an answer to their messages, NOW is the time. Based on my experiences, you are about 4 times more likely to get an answer to an initial message in the weeks leading up to Christmas. Don’t ask me why, I’ve heard various explanations, reasons, thoughts, logical arguments, what have you. All I know is :: in these few weeks leading up to Christmas, women are much more likely to respond to an initial message.

MyTrueCompanion wrote:

If a person is sincere & wants a REAL RELATIONSHIP, based on mutual respect & care, etc. they would NOT be attempting an emotional manipulation (some people get emotionally vulnerable during the Holidays & therefore easy to MANIPULATE)

I don't think Henry wrote what he did to advise manipulators, but to encourage some men that now could be a good time to attempt writing again. Looking for a relationship isn't easy. I don't believe that just because some are vulnerable this time of year is a good reason to abandon searching. Both men and women should pay to who they're emailing and responding to. The risk of finding a user or being contacted by one is what we need to be cautious about 365/366 days a year. For those searching for something real, good luck.
 gourmetchef2017
Msg: 305
Older men's expectations
Posted: 12/30/2018 5:34:57 AM
after 9pm...its a booty call.
 junetwentyfirst
Msg: 306
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 1/5/2019 2:47:23 PM
I have seen quite a few women's profiles over time that post an location local to me only to find out they do not even live in the US. Most can easily be spotted by poor English or specific syntax errors. (Of course there are some women who do live locally but whose native language is not English.) When I discover that I simply say, "I think dinner tonight at 8 pm is going to be problematic." Usually, if I question them about this they disappear anyway.
 am70sguy
Msg: 307
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 1/9/2019 1:45:09 AM
Usually looking like they are in their 20s is a pretty good clue they might just be a scammer.

I'm starting to suspect a lot of older gals are lying about their ages though to attract younger men.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 308
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 1/9/2019 9:02:18 AM
How does lying about your age attract younger men?
Men either like what they see or they don't. I don't have
to lie about my age to attract younger men.

Some younger men like old poots such as myself.
 whiterose0
Msg: 309
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 1/9/2019 10:19:54 AM

I'm starting to suspect a lot of older gals are lying about their ages though to attract younger men.

The only benefit I can see in lying about one's age in the profile would be to bypass the age restrictions to contact younger people. Still, that's no guarantee that they'll be interested.
 ssm508
Msg: 310
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 1/9/2019 4:07:57 PM

Men either like what they see or they don't. I don't have
to lie about my age to attract younger men.

He is probably talking about people lying their age to get the around the POF age restrictions. That being said, if a woman is much older or younger than me, then most likely it wouldn't be anything more than a FWB or casual relationship. Regardless of how attractive she is.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 311
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 1/9/2019 4:14:14 PM

Because a younger guy at 32 is going to be more willing to go out on a date with a gal who's 39, than 42 -- all other things being equal about her in her profile. If it didn't, the lying about age would be few and far between. Same goes for the opp-sex, especially in younger generations where liking the 'older man' doesn't extend as far in his years as it did before.

Men either like what they see or they don't.

Not quite. It isn't black n white. Otherwise, there'd be less drama about if a guy really likes a gal or not. In the online profile business, it can tilt the scales whether he writes her or not, willing to go out with her or not, etc. Take a cute gal who's 43. Have a profile for that, and a duplicate profile of her being 39, and a duplicate profile of her being 56. The younger, the more and/or better prospects. Same will be had about guys.

I don't have to lie about my age to attract younger men.

But in a profile, if you did, you would attract more at least feeling ya out. That's the point. Although one's mileage is going to vary based on how much they can get away with the faux-age. If they Blatantly don't look that age at all ("What? 29? She looks 50!"), it'll back-fire. But even if not so much, they'll show up in better guy prospects' listings in their age range searches -- and mentally even if older, not As bad in it.

Yes, true. Some guys online, young and old, are in position where it's tough as nails to land a date, and are going to look into whatever'll give them the time of day. But you look just great for your age -- so yeah, you'll get your fair share for sure!
 am70sguy
Msg: 312
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 1/10/2019 1:14:29 AM
Remembering that we are on an over 45 forum, perhaps it's more prevalent in bigger cities, but a lot of the older woman feel that a younger man will be more energetic in general as far as getting out and about and doing things. I have seen lots of profiles with a a max age requested younger than they are. Probably some sense to that. But when they look 70 and posting 55... well sure, there there could be some bad genes and wear and tear from the lifestyle of the 70s and 80s, but I'm pretty sure i'm seeing a little white lie from time to time.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Older men's expectations