Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Older men's expectations      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 parallax
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Older men's expectationsPage 2 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
There are *good* 3D movies???????
Someone claims to have 56 of these?????
 five-marie
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 1/12/2018 9:42:39 PM
And 4 pair of 3D glasses!!!!!
 aintnodeal
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 1/12/2018 10:45:07 PM
Truthfully, I do indeed have 4 pair of 3D glasses. Set came with 2, and I bought 2 more. First two years I watched a number of 3D movies on cable. Never bought any 3D movies. I had one game that had 3D mode, too, which was interesting. Sad thing is the (disposable) batteries only last for about 3 hours. PITA to go fetch more batteries!

Heck, I should get some to watch KONG on Skull Island. Sorry, OP, I'm in AZ, so that's a week-long rountrip for you! No hot-tub either.
 gtomustang
Msg: 29
Older men's expectations
Posted: 1/13/2018 7:36:03 AM
"seeking sex, with a movie appetizer"

>>>and really, what is the right genre to pair with, "I know we just met, but do I have to use a condom?" I mean, people pair the right wine with certain dinners.
 from site to sight
Msg: 30
Older men's expectations
Posted: 1/13/2018 9:54:28 AM
What are older women's expectations? I've seen a lot of profiles where the woman puts traveling to far and away places/globe trotting as a goal. If I was to start talking to someone with that in mind, I would say "Let's make it real exciting. Let's go to exotic places like Afghanistan, Iraq, or Syria. You wouldn't mind wearing a burka while we're in those places, would you? We might have to dodge the occasional bombing attack and avoid being near suicide bombers, but that's what makes it exciting."
 SASSYN89178
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 1/13/2018 11:37:36 AM
why waste your time even responding? unless you're into playing games.
 gtomustang
Msg: 32
Older men's expectations
Posted: 1/13/2018 5:48:03 PM
"women put on their profile, traveling as a goal"

>>>there was a post about this someplace before, so pardon me as I repeat myself:

if a human being planned throughout their career for their retirement, and as a result has the time to do something they didn't have the time to do before (Travel, take classes on dance or painting, write the novel that's always been in their head, etc), then I can't begrudge them that. If she can find a partner, who thru luck or skill or inheritance, can accomplish the same with her, then bully for them both.

and if she works her ass off in a gym for the type of body to snag a whale...well, hey, shake it honey :)
 NewYorker58
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 1/13/2018 7:10:48 PM
I don't cruise, I like to spend more time wherever I'm going, and not traveling with thousands of people,
but cruising is cheap. I think everyone should be able to afford doing that at least once a year.
 wadeinwaves
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 1/13/2018 7:35:13 PM
This hasn't happened to me because I set my mail settings to having only men in Canada within a certain number of kilometers allowed to message. I have nothing in common with someone who lives hundreds of miles away whether it's in Canada or somewhere else.

Lots of people make strange requests. You run into all kinds here as everyone already knows. Depending on my mood my response to a strange request will either be sarcastic or immediately deleted.
 forever_live_and_die
Msg: 35
Older men's expectations
Posted: 1/14/2018 12:11:59 AM
^^^^
"Lots of people make strange requests."

Actually no. Everyone makes requests that are normal to them. It takes someone else to consider it strange.
 from site to sight
Msg: 36
Older men's expectations
Posted: 1/14/2018 6:39:37 AM
^^"Lots of people make strange requests."

I remember a while back, a woman who is deeply into astrology said that any guy who is to contact her must put the details of their birth-exact location and time of birth-into the first message. She would use that to determine if they would be a match or not. There would be no point in meeting someone if the stars and planets didn't line up properly at the moment the person was born.
 Like2dance
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 1/14/2018 10:03:00 AM

I remember a while back, a woman who is deeply into astrology said that any guy who is to contact her must put the details of their birth-exact location and time of birth-into the first message. She would use that to determine if they would be a match or not. There would be no point in meeting someone if the stars and planets didn't line up properly at the moment the person was born.

Perhaps she wanted to verify the trues ages of the men she met? lol
 aintnodeal
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 1/14/2018 9:36:56 PM

There would be no point in meeting someone if the stars and planets didn't line up properly at the moment the person was born.

Wrong side of the railroad tracks....oh, well...
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 1/14/2018 10:13:04 PM
I use to let this type of thing get to me and think I was doing something wrong to have caused a person to assume I'd be interested in their bullshit, however I now think it is more like throw enough poo against a wall and see what sticks. The person wasn't really interested in you as a person and was looking for a hookup and if you were willing to drive to get it then what did they really have to lose?

When a member of the opposite sex wants to get to know you to build towards something they will take the time and make the effort to let you know that is what they want. People tell us what they want from us all the time, in our own heads we interpret that to be what we want it to be vs trying to discern what their goals and motivations maybe toward us.

One of my better looking male friends is always talking about how women are so easy nowadays-he literately does a similar type of thing and women show up-so cant blame men for doing something if other women are responding. I did ask him about the quality of persons he was getting to show up and he said he didnt care he wasn't interested in dating them.
 hemingway234
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 1/15/2018 6:40:31 AM
Astrology is another form of religion for people who have no religion
 from site to sight
Msg: 41
Older men's expectations
Posted: 1/15/2018 9:00:26 AM
"Astrology is another form of religion for people who have no religion"

In the thread about astrology, and whether people believed in it or not, it seemed like the people who believed in it were mostly-if not all-women. Don't know if that's just a coincidence or not. Personally, I haven't met any guy who was into astrology and have their life dictated by it. But I know and have known women who are really into it. It's weird because the roots of astrology centuries ago was started by men who studied the cosmos. So I don't know what would draw women to it. But that's like other mysterious "sciences"-you don't see many guys who do tarot card readings, or reading tea leaves.
 gtomustang
Msg: 42
slipping into my asbestos suit
Posted: 1/15/2018 9:34:32 AM
Google it, and before you finish typing in the sentence, its already guessed you're looking into this. The first thing I found:

"If astrology has a universal appeal toward all people, what's with the slant toward women? Well, according to polls and scientific research, women tend to believe more in the unproven and the supernatural than men. A 2009 Gallup poll, showed women are twice as likely as men to see a fortuneteller or psychic. women are twice as likely as men to see a fortuneteller or psychic. They also tend to be more religious. This could be considered a side effect of a male-dominated society. Dr. Phil Zuckerman, an author and sociology professor at Pitzer College, writes in Psychology Today that since men tend to globally dominate roles associated with power and privilege, women accept the "psychological comfort and institutional support of religion." "

http://mashable.com/2014/12/06/astrology-women/#rLRi9ePCdOqk

"Women feel less in control in society than a man this is the main reason for such things happening it’s a psychological factor. Women feel more control in their lives when they read horoscope daily and feel more powerful. Future is unknown and scarier for all of us but we feel really good when we have some clues about what our coming life may be like."

https://medium.com/@amit1/why-women-believe-in-astrology-more-than-men-f3acb85ab664
 NewYorker58
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 1/15/2018 9:37:01 AM
Thank you Passionate! Ladies need to understand sex is not the gateway to a relationship, its about getting to know you as a person. If you choose to rush sex, then you may never know how the guy really feels about you.
 cooldog65
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 1/15/2018 11:10:51 AM
I'm sure there are both men and women who expect champaign wishes and caviar dreams without bringing anything to the table.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 1/15/2018 2:49:47 PM
The scary thing is that some women not quite balanced or sane may take the chance. This guy is living in a fantasy like the others that have made similar suggestions and would probably run a mile if you took him up on his offer.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 1/15/2018 2:51:00 PM
astrology is a science and any one having an opinion on something they know nothing about is just a fool.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 1/15/2018 2:56:40 PM
CoolD, I've said this before, don't use food to get sex☺ It's like trying to sell ice to an Eskimo. I think most women can cook for themselves or otherwise secure food☺ If the woman is emaciated, try food, lol.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 1/15/2018 3:29:27 PM
PassionateSunnyGal, I have no idea why.............but I have thought of you several times over the past 18 months or so...............Just wondered if you were ok. I'm happy to see you here.

Now on topic. LOL How old is old?
 smartyskirt65
Msg: 49
Older men's expectations
Posted: 1/15/2018 4:00:38 PM
It's not only older men's expectations. My daughter now aged 36 was on POF for about 3 years before she remarried. She was always amazed at the number of men who didn't want to meet in a public place and expected to pick her up at her house. That is wonderful once you get to know someone.

I think some guys at any age expect to hook up and don't really care to get to know someone or look for compatibility. They are interested in only one thing, and if one lady doesn't want that, they feel there are plenty more in the fish pond.
 from site to sight
Msg: 50
Older men's expectations
Posted: 1/15/2018 5:06:50 PM
Anyone who believes astrology is a science is a fool.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Older men's expectations