Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Older men's expectations      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Whisky_River
Msg: 201
Older men's expectationsPage 9 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Happy Birthday to all...45....49...young'uns still...
I wish...just celebrated by 65th..waiting for my first pension checque....woohoo.
No..Birthday suit shots at this age anymore.... Scary.
 CBGB77
Msg: 202
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 5/30/2018 8:26:07 AM
I think when you hit the 5th year of any of your personal decades you suddenly realize how young you still are so at 45 you feel younger than you did when you where 40 and the same for 55 and 65. Like Dylan said "I was so much older than,I'm younger than that now".

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/what-old-age-is-really-like
 ChorusAurora
Msg: 203
Older men's expectations
Posted: 5/30/2018 9:03:22 AM
^^^CBGB77:
when you hit the 5th year of any of your personal decades you suddenly realize how young you still are

I always feel younger during the even numbered age- years for some reason.
 CBGB77
Msg: 204
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 5/30/2018 9:17:23 AM

Posted By: ChorusAurora on 5/30/2018 11:03:22 AM
Subject: Older men's expectations
when you hit the 5th year of any of your personal decades you suddenly realize how young you still are

I always feel younger during the even numbered age- years for some reason.

Haha, well I guess I do too,I'm only 64,lol Maybe the cold weather and lack of sunlight here in Minnesota preserves us.
 hey_suze
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 5/30/2018 9:57:17 AM
Well my next even number is 50....and no, that does not feel younger than 49....
The birthday wishes were nice to see, as for the birthday suit, I’m hopeing someone special comes along in my 49th year to show it off too :) 😋
 feirene
Msg: 206
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 5/30/2018 11:10:15 AM
I feel well older than i did last year, think it was just realising i'm half way to 90 that did it. Was really enjoying my 40s up to then and not feeling old at all and even looking forward to my 50s and 60s.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 207
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 5/30/2018 4:57:14 PM
I guess I qualify as a older man as far as these POF forums go. Here is one of my main expectations.... I expect to wake up to a new day tomorrow. Although I do this knowing it could be my last.

I expect, if I get to see the next day, that it would be better than all of my previous days spent on this planet. At least this is my hope and something I strive for.I don't always meet my goal but most times at least making an effort helps.

And certainly, these are just a couple of thoughts on the topic I have thought of before and am expressing now.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 208
sexist thread
Posted: 5/31/2018 3:47:27 AM
No one asked about OLDER WOMEN's expectations?

If that is the case, GOING DUTCH IS OUTLAWED!
 MsMicki
Msg: 209
view profile
History
sexist thread
Posted: 5/31/2018 7:16:18 AM
damn woman....we get it....you are obsessed with this....
you can revive every thread, create as many profiles as needed....and it still won't make you right!!
 feirene
Msg: 210
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 5/31/2018 9:13:57 AM
Thank you Doremi for reminding us we also might die at any time....
 CBGB77
Msg: 211
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 5/31/2018 11:13:12 AM

Posted By: feirene on 5/31/2018 1157 AM
Subject: Older men's expectations
Message: Thank you Doremi for reminding us we also might die at any time....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrdA268trvI
 feirene
Msg: 212
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 5/31/2018 12:16:25 PM
I have that on a playlist. It's a good song.
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 213
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 6/2/2018 6:25:34 PM

Older men's expactations

Not much different than when in our 20's. However, in our 50's and 60's most of us realize that a "few" extra pounds/kilograms, silver hair and a few wrinkles will be par for the course. I'm sure these modified variations because of time on men are noticed by women.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 214
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 6/2/2018 8:00:52 PM

This isn't true for all older men. If he's not a couch potato, and takes good care of his health by getting regular exercise, he's never going to lose his desire for female companionship.

Don't bet the farm on that one. I lost my desire for women when they got so difficult to deal with. Go be bossy with someone else, I want no part of it.
 Inicia
Msg: 215
Older men's expectations
Posted: 6/7/2018 4:13:49 AM
"Last I checked, I'm not a two headed ogre, nor do I live under a bridge like a troll. I also wasn't put on this earth to beg for dates." excerpt from a older man's profile- who refuses to send inquiry-interest letters- but women apparently: two headed ogres, trolls!! this really rolled perception deep fried with expectations!! lol very dangerous to ones health!!
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 216
view profile
History
sexist thread
Posted: 6/8/2018 5:17:19 AM

No one asked about OLDER WOMEN's expectations?

Nah, they're told they shouldn't have them or expect much of anything. Advertising and marketing prefer the millennials and ignore the middle-band of women who have the spending power and demand better products and services. Yet, the cheapskates want them to expect less at a premier cost.

Why shouldn't they get to demand better men, too?

If that is the case, GOING DUTCH IS OUTLAWED!

It's a futile exercise in equalizing the sexes The cheapskate always benefits.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 217
view profile
History
Mgtows expect to be expected
Posted: 6/8/2018 5:20:07 AM

Don't bet the farm on that one. I lost my desire for women when they got so difficult to deal with.

Mgtows stab themselves in the feet in the pursuit of independence from being responsible for the choices that got them to where they are. It has fuq-all to do with women. I'm not saying this is you, but your words seem to align with theirs.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 218
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 6/8/2018 11:27:25 AM

Don't bet the farm on that one. I lost my desire for women when they got so difficult to deal with. Go be bossy with someone else, I want no part of it.

Hahahahaha!
Sorry, this is funny to me. You haven't found one woman willing to deal with you and you
think that's their fault?

All the bossy wimmns come to your farm.

whiterose0
Msg: 219
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 6/8/2018 11:35:49 AM

This isn't true for all older men. If he's not a couch potato, and takes good care of his health by getting regular exercise, he's never going to lose his desire for female companionship.

I've personally never met a healthy, straight man over 60 who's lost interest in women. If you've lost desire for female companionship, then I propose that there could be something going on with you that you're unaware of. You might want to get checked out by both medical and mental health professionals.
 grover14
Msg: 220
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 6/8/2018 1:02:25 PM
I think you're right whiterose, I still have the desire, just getting tired of the chase.😉
 ohenryx
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 6/9/2018 10:00:13 AM
One thing I want to know from all of these men who claim to have “lost my desire for women” –

Do you still have sexual desires? Do you still masturbate, and think about, fantasize about, watch videos of attractive women while …. ?

If the answer to the above is “yes”, then you have NOT lost your desire for women. You have just become unwilling to pay the price to obtain what you want, what you desire.

I have this in my profile:

- The price of anything is the amount of life you're willing to exchange for it.

I didn’t think that one up, I stole it from the profile of another forum regular, with her permission.

grover14
I think you're right whiterose, I still have the desire, just getting tired of the chase.😉

We all get tired of the chase, from time to time. Take a break, do other things, when you come back in a month or two or three, your attitude will be much better, and your chances for success will be much better. Trying to force yourself to do something that you’re not enjoying is not likely to have a successful conclusion.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 222
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 6/9/2018 5:58:11 PM

I've personally never met a healthy, straight man over 60 who's lost interest in women. If you've lost desire for female companionship, then I propose that there could be something going on with you that you're unaware of. You might want to get checked out by both medical and mental health professionals.

I might? I'm not. I'm very aware of women's attitudes, and I don't like it. Women are NOT the end all in every man's life. I never let the little head overpower the big head. I never let sex control me. I learned, that women are false advertising. What you see, isn't what you'll get. I like my solo life, and it's going to stay that way.
 from site to sight
Msg: 223
Older men's expectations
Posted: 6/10/2018 4:10:19 AM

Can the same be said if you reverse the genders-that any woman over 60 who doesn't desire male companionship has something mentally wrong with her?
 purplerider1200
Msg: 224
view profile
History
Older men's expectations
Posted: 6/10/2018 4:48:48 AM
{quote]Can the same be said if you reverse the genders-that any woman over 60 who doesn't desire male companionship has something mentally wrong with her?

Good observation. The malarkey served up by both sexes can make one fed up with the whole situation. Mental health professionals know that their's isn't an exact science. Some just insist on not going with a group think. The "Group" however, could never strike out of their own, and explore new horizons. They are too immersed in their own views to change.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 225
Older men's expectations
Posted: 6/10/2018 6:00:49 AM
"You have just become unwilling to pay the price to obtain what you want, what you desire."

>>girl watching never gets old. An ex of mine used to tease she didn't worry i'd meet someone at a car show, I was too busy looking at the candy tangerine streamline babies to notice the women. But that wasn't entirely true :)

Henry is correct, we lose our interest in doing all the work we used to do when we were of procreating age. Biology used to push us, now we just enjoy the asthetics.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Older men's expectations