Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Obsessed online stalkers...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Obsessed online stalkers... Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Hostess. I can't relate to that, I don't understand violence nor the need for control. I've never experienced it, I can't understand why someone should be so horrible and I just can't understand what their motives are.

I can easily understand why you don't trust men but can you let that experience colour the rest of your life? I hope you've been given help but I think you are wary of counselling.

I'm not sure what more the law can do under the present rules. It's all to do with whether the guy does this again. and that's where I think sentencing falls down. This guy ought to have been made to understand that he has used up all his chances and next time he will spend an awful long time in gaol.
 rekirked
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Obsessed online stalkers...
Posted: 1/19/2018 3:18:30 AM
How can you batter someone and break their jaw and only get community service!? There’s fcuk all closure for the victim, it’s disgusting.
 Hostess68
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2018 3:16:13 PM
Actually my jaw was fractured. Had it been broken he would have gotten actual battery rather than attempted battery (or something like that - I didn't get it).. Go figure. Cos I have a tough jaw the man walks free. Anyway.. Being someone that don't date anymore makes me free I reckon. No more problems. I've never been as happy as I am now being single and that's the GHT! Free at last from all that BS. Do need a plumber though lol - sorry this all got too serious x
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2018 3:05:18 AM

Cos I have a tough jaw the man walks free

The price of ‘lives don’t matter’ society I’m afraid.

Hostess, I have always enjoyed being single too.
I can’t imagine what (or who) it would take for me to live with someone again in a full blown something.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2018 4:32:00 AM
Aaah - but you've never met me Roxy
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2018 4:38:16 AM
but it is a big question we single people ask ourselves. I've been single 15 years with the odd relationship thrown in in that time. i'm not sure how I would cope with someone around all the time but equally I do miss having someone to chat with each day and to help me through the day.

Running a singles group though, I see people who you would think no one in their right mind would get together with but sometimes they do.

One couple have been together but not living together for around 4 years. Last year they tried actually living together. I don't know what happened but it didn't last a month. They are back together now but just on swapping homes at the weekends.

And then there is another couple, both of whom have been single for yonks and yonks but now live in each other's pockets.
 rekirked
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2018 5:32:25 AM
I know this is not a popular view and seen as cynical but I truly believe there are three imperatives that bring people to live together.

Biological
Psychological
Financial

When you’re older, the kids thing is done and dusted (one way or the other) you’re happy in your own company and financially secure it’s very hard so see a good reason for living with someone. That’s not something sad or lamentable, it should be celebrated. Being able to make rational choices at long last is a wonderful thing and should in no way be an obstacle to finding and maintaining a happy and fulfilling relationship with someone.
 Jacknher
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/20/2018 5:53:21 AM
I remember when I lived in Oz....our local GP and his wife didn't live together but classed themselves as still actually being together. She was his weekend receptionist.....and if he had a holiday abroad or went away to some sort of seminar....she always went too. But they just couldn't actually get along if they tried to live together under the one roof.

Same with a couple whose child was on my son's soccer team. They ran a business together and worked together all day. They would go to home to their respective houses after work.........and if they both felt so inclined he would pop over to her's later on and spend the night.

Whatever works I guess.
 heavenlivesnear
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2018 12:23:14 PM
i knew a couple who lived in different counties.... she would fly to amsterdam and he would fly to norwich... their children were grown up and they were both following their own paths whilst still being very much a couple. lovely
 Aggers
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2018 4:21:47 PM

Actually my jaw was fractured. Had it been broken he would have gotten actual battery rather than attempted battery (or something like that - I didn't get it)..

Mr Plod was wrong........ Medically there is no difference between a Fracture or a Broken Bone, It is just two words to describe the same thing! Broken just sounds more severe!

However it is very wrong what happened to you! Aren't there some scum about?
 Hostess68
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2018 5:15:22 PM
A fracture is a chip in the bone. A break is a break
And it was the CPS that brought charges not the police on account of the severity of the crime.
 Scareyboatrace
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/21/2018 2:55:15 PM
I hate that your experience has stopped you from reaching out for deserved love and affection hostess...but it seems from what you post that you value highly the love you get from your sister and you really enjoy your career choice because it puts you in a position where you can't help but feel affection and fondness for those people you show around that glue factory you work at...please tell me those lot don't do that horrible thing with horses!

We all need to learn to be properly assertive and to be able to decisively call a halt to bad behaviour...on the flip side we need to accept other's opinions and respect their point of view.

I fully appreciate what you've shared because I naively got myself involved with someone who's horrific behaviour towards me was a complete shock to the system...and truly, his behaviour led me to become very mistrusting, which is sad because before him I was less guarded and it was a nicer experience of the world when I didn't know that sh1theads existed....I yearn for my unblemished innocence...those times when I was neither victim or survivor but simply an unaffected ordinary citizen of the world....happy for no good reason....never disillusioned or unhappy.
 Hostess68
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2018 3:23:13 PM
I need to set the record straight here! The product I promote is fully organic and even medicinal and my company were the first in this field to win the BREEAM award...

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 Aggers
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2018 3:58:26 PM

A fracture is a chip in the bone. A break is a break

This terminology ranks in the top 10 of misunderstood medical jargon, right behind the difference between a heart attack and cardiac arrest. So What's the Difference? There is no difference at all.

A fracture is any loss of continuity of bone. Anytime the bone loses integrity—whether it's a hairline crack barely recognisable on an x-ray, or the shattering of bone into a dozen pieces—it's considered a fracture. A broken bone is a fractured bone and vice versa. We all regularly use the terms fracture and break interchangeably. It's not any different in the medical field.

Watch patients interact with Doctors, even on television or in the movies. When a tiny little break is barely discernible on an x-ray, the doc will point it out and say, "here's the fracture." Why not say "Here's the break"? Probably because it doesn't sound doctorly enough.

To be fair, while you can use both break and fracture as either nouns or verbs, break sounds more like an action and fracture sounds more like a thing. This is an age old argument and you can look it up on Google for the answers.

In October just gone, I upgraded My Level 3 First Aid qualification to a Community First Responder Certificate and believe me it is one of the topics of discussion and indeed a question in the Final Exams.
 Hostess68
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2018 4:25:59 PM
Whatever Aggers. Aint what the police, Ambulance service or CPU said at the time. Don't know why you harping on about it really.
In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2018 6:49:26 AM

Aaah - but you've never met me Roxy

I actually believe this to be true :)

One of my ex’s had the gift of the gab, a real charmer....the type who could be a serial killer but still have the pope or mother Teresa singing his praises.
I did wonder how dangerous he could be if he wanted. Fortunately he was actually a pussycat.
 Paulineandsalem
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/22/2018 7:55:57 AM

One of my ex’s had the gift of the gab, a real charmer....the type who could be a serial killer but still have the pope or mother Teresa singing his praises.
I did wonder how dangerous he could be if he wanted. Fortunately he was actually a pussycat.

Many misogynists have the gift of the gab and are charming and that is how they hook people in, they do not always show their true side straight away.
 rekirked
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2018 8:07:50 AM
Where do you get misogynist from? Would you infer misandrists are violent or deviant by default?

Someone who knocks someone about isn’t an “ist” ....they’re a CVNT!
 Paulineandsalem
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/22/2018 8:35:59 AM

Where do you get misogynist from?

A term that means woman hater

Would you infer misandrists are violent or deviant by default?

Absolutely not. There will be people who have issues with men and women who would never lay a finger on a woman or a man. Ive met men who have treated their partners very very badly but have never lifted a hand to them ever. And that will go both ways.

Someone who knocks someone about isn’t an “ist” ....they’re a CVNT!

Well I grew up with that and I have no disagreements on that score.
 Scareyboatrace
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/22/2018 9:46:12 AM
I think P.1 meant to write psychopath instead of misogynist.

A misogynist by nature, much like any misandrist, homophobe or racist would be a thoroughly unpleasant person...why would a woman hater be charming to a woman? He just wouldn't be....but yeah, I suppose a psychopathic misogynist would be charming to women but that's only because he's a psychopath.
 Pinkandblue79
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/26/2018 6:57:20 PM
I've been on and off here once or twice and got some strange messages from folks at times. Nasty and some posted when they must have been drunk.

If someone is like that in a message they aren't going to be worth meeting up with.
 Squareslice
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/26/2018 9:02:57 PM
Welcome back, Pauline. Happy new profile.... and age
 10ky
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2018 2:13:58 AM
....and, of course, we have to have a damn Sherlock on here.... smh.
 heavenlivesnear
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2018 2:50:39 AM
he welcomed pauline back..... what's wrong with that?

although im not convinced it is pauline but hey ho, what does it matter?
 10ky
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2018 3:13:13 AM
^
tut tut tut ...
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Obsessed online stalkers...