Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > So many angry single people      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 purplerider1200
Msg: 51
view profile
History
So many angry single peoplePage 3 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I don't think so.

I learned early on that dating was almost impossible for me. So I figured out how to entertain myself, by racing motorcycles. In short order, going out saturday night was out, because sunday was race day. Since I really never knew how to talk to girls, they became a poor second to what I was doing. But I wasn't alone, none of my friends dated ether. Heck, my dad didn't tell me anything about dating.

By about age 30, I'd had a few dates, but a year or two between dates just made me ride more. Besides, at that time, it seemed like anyone I met had some friend that was killed riding, so that was points against me. Girls expected me to stop. I wouldn't. Bikes didn't argue with me, but girls did.

So, now bikes have become center stage for me again. Women, nowadays are more set in their ways, and as I see it, too picky. They won't buy the notion that I'm still a rank amature at dating. I don't do things the way they want it. I'm willing to learn, but they aren't willing to teach, so the heck with them. I learned to do without a long time ago.
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 52
So many angry single people
Posted: 2/9/2018 6:06:20 AM

I'll trade you my Key Lime Pie Recipe if you can tell me how to split an atom

Young lady why are you discussing something technical when the forums are abstract?

Take purplerider1200 for example. From his post I get the impression he is content with his life as it is yet you suggest counselling.

I have to ask purplerider1200 do you think you need counselling?

Nope Purple is A-OK in my book. If he lived closer he'd get invites for dinners, etc on a regular basis. A good egg! Smart as a whip too. My comments are more for people who are ANGRY, as a general rule, I posted that so if anyone is reading this thread that has ANGER, depression etc.

OVERALL I think talking to the right people can help.

By throwing shade on counselling in general, I think it is like saying people should not seek help. Now ask this question to the loved ones of the victims of Columbine, Sandy Hook, etc.

People need people.
 Nyeahsers
Msg: 53
Posted: 2/9/2018 6:19:41 AM
"Nope Purple is A-OK in my book. If he lived closer he'd get invites for dinners, etc on a regular basis. A good egg!"

You must have missed his posts (plural) about the women who are just asking for it, or came within inches of getting it.
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 54
Posted: 2/9/2018 6:28:43 AM
^^
Excuse me, I am married & inviting a person for dinner, it's exactly that. They come over for dinner, we talk laugh, eat, the men like to look at house projects together & get input, etc. Purple is a good "tinker-er" & most men love having a friend like that. (so do some of us women) Interesting & full of ideas. We have communicated via email & (I hope you don't mind me sharing, Purple) & he's told me about some of his interesting mechanical adventures. I find it fascinating. Frankly, in this day & age it's a great skill to have. Too many people depend on pressing a button to get things done, or outsourcing, rather than having old fashioned smarts & skill.

If you attempted to throw shade on Purple, well it didn't work.
 Nyeahsers
Msg: 55
Posted: 2/9/2018 6:35:00 AM
"If you attempted to throw shade on Purple, well it didn't work."

That is not my thing. However, like I said, you must have missed some very scary posts from him, or you are in on some elaborate game he is playing. I really love people, and I like a lot of Purple's posts, but, there is a reason why there are others suggesting he gets help. Maybe go back and read the forums from the last few weeks to see what I and others are referring too.
 playingindirt
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2018 8:11:16 AM
life is full of amazing wonder and disappointments too. I think I've coined how many ways a person can fail without actually trying to fail. lol
it's understandable to be frustrated and angry with yourself. don't mistake that for other peoples anger. until you get tired of feeling miserable you'll just keep going round and round that hamster wheel going nowhere.
there comes a time when you just have to let go and not be afraid that sometimes we're all weak. it's a humbling and sweet awakening experience . it what it is to be human. :)

maybe you're carrying anger of your own? think carefully why anger that's not yours or about you effects you so much.
 zsuzsa62
Msg: 57
Posted: 2/9/2018 11:37:55 AM
"maybe you're carrying anger of your own? think carefully why anger that's not yours or about you effects you so much."

^^^^ That's a good point. I find I learn a lot about myself just by looking at myself.. how I react to things. What bothers me or not. I'm hard enough to figure out...
 bclifeis2short
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2018 12:57:14 PM
Hey welcome back....over all POF has a bad rep.....I have met some decent people who I consider my friend.....

The whole dating world is changed....period....
 bclifeis2short
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2018 12:59:47 PM
You are married? and on here for what purpose....friends...do you mind if I ask what your husband thinks...lol
 purplerider1200
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2018 1:12:05 PM
(quote) That is not my thing. However, like I said, you must have missed some very scary posts from him, or you are in on some elaborate game he is playing. I really love people, and I like a lot of Purple's posts, but, there is a reason why there are others suggesting he gets help. Maybe go back and read the forums from the last few weeks to see what I and others are referring too. (/quote)

Wanna stay on my good side? Don't cross me. You'd want me around, if I saw you wronged by someone else. He'd be eating dirt out of the center of the road. Most of the time however, just yelling is enough. A good show of mad scares most all away.
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 61
Posted: 2/9/2018 2:19:11 PM

do you mind

yes, my profile says forum participation

If I am not inboxing any person in particular, it is really none of their beeswax

And if I was inboxing anyone it is a nice, friendly, happy exchange
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 62
Posted: 2/9/2018 2:31:01 PM

do you mind

yes, my profile says forum participation

bclifeis2short has a legitimate point. If you're married, and you're only here for the forums as you claim, why don't you hide your profile from searches and state in it that you're married rather than divorced?
 BombayBeach
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2018 7:02:11 PM
God, who cares why she is here.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2018 8:15:01 PM
Some insist on picking nits.

That's their niche in life. If you don't play the game by their rules, just wait, they will change them as the game progresses. It might be in your favor, or not. Once they voice their displeasure about you being here, they will go off into a corner and pout. Then come back and treat you as being invisible. You will remain invisible until you make some earth shattering statement that they agree with. Then, all of a sudden, you become valid. But your validation can be fleeting. That can end if some old head (Who has been here since Moses was born) decides that you're getting too big for your britches, and make an attempt to run you off. And the nit-pickers join in with the old head. -OR-

You can stay, blow them a Bronx Cheer, and keep charging windmills like Don Quixote.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 65
Posted: 2/9/2018 9:15:21 PM
purplerider I would like to thank you for elaborating with your second post and sharing your thoughts with me.

As for the post above. Well said.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2018 9:32:31 PM
hemingway is right. And there are just as many angry married folk as single.... So it is just on a site like this they are obvious...
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 67
Posted: 2/10/2018 3:39:51 AM

(PBA) yes, my profile says forum participation

(halcyon_skies) bclifeis2short has a legitimate point. If you're married, and you're only here for the forums as you claim, why don't you hide your profile from searches and state in it that you're married rather than divorced?

LONG ANSWER:

Because every second profile states that it is here for forums only, anyway; if some hormone-charged guy is gonna hit on every single female he sees anyway, the bells and whistles of a free dating site won't make a difference. Some guys will hit on women with wedding rings.

SHORT ANSWER:

*YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF POF!!!*
 from site to sight
Msg: 68
Posted: 2/10/2018 4:57:27 AM
^^"Because every second profile states that it is here for forums only"

Out of the people who claim they're here for the forums only because they're already in a relationship; I wonder how many tell their partner that they are regulars on a dating site. And how many wouldn't mind if their partner was the one who was a regular on a dating site, claiming they're only interested in the forums? And how many would snoop on their partner to make sure that they're only interested in the forums, and nothing more?
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 69
Posted: 2/10/2018 5:45:11 AM
"I only buy Playboy for the articles...."

(AT) ^^"Because every second profile states that it is here for forums only"

(From site to sight) Out of the people who claim they're here for the forums only because they're already in a relationship; I wonder how many tell their partner that they are regulars on a dating site. And how many wouldn't mind if their partner was the one who was a regular on a dating site, claiming they're only interested in the forums? And how many would snoop on their partner to make sure that they're only interested in the forums, and nothing more?

(*shrug*) That's between them and their partners, no? If PBA's life is running all tickety-boo, I'm a little surprised at all this vicarious voyeurism; people trying, very inelegantly at that, to stir up trouble in someone else's affairs. That's beneath contempt, and I would never do such a thing...
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 70
Posted: 2/10/2018 6:22:04 AM

A good egg! Smart as a whip too. My comments are more for people who are ANGRY, as a general rule, I posted that so if anyone is reading this thread that has ANGER, depression etc.

Angel if I understand this correctly you are referring to people who already know they have anger, depression or other issues. Of course "talking to the right people can help" but first a person has to think that they need help.

By throwing shade on counselling in general, I think it is like saying people should not seek help

I think you're referring to me and if so can you rewrite it so I can get a better understanding of what you mean.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 71
Posted: 2/10/2018 8:13:52 AM

Out of the people who claim they're here for the forums only because they're already in a relationship; I wonder how many tell their partner that they are regulars on a dating site. And how many wouldn't mind if their partner was the one who was a regular on a dating site, claiming they're only interested in the forums? And how many would snoop on their partner to make sure that they're only interested in the forums, and nothing more?

I don't know about others, but my partner is fully aware that I keep a POF profile up only to post in the forums. He trusts me, and approves of the fact that I have his pictures posted in my profile. I have listed my marital status as "not single/not looking" and my intent as "isn't seeking a relationship or any kind of commitment", so that leaves no confusion about my profile. My partner enjoys reading the forums on a regular basis, especially the political threads.
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 72
Posted: 2/10/2018 8:23:01 AM

Some insist on picking nits.

You are correct, & I don't care why they do. Maybe they are bored, like stirring a pot, Daddy didn't love them enough when they were a child & now they lash out...not my circus, not my monkey(s)

if some old head (Who has been here since Moses was born) decides that you're getting too big for your britches, and make an attempt to run you off. And the nit-pickers join in with the old head.

Hilarious, I am imagining an "old head" in a box, yapping away, cranky/crabby!

LONG ANSWER:

Because every second profile states that it is here for forums only, anyway; if some hormone-charged guy is gonna hit on every single female he sees anyway, the bells and whistles of a free dating site won't make a difference. Some guys will hit on women with wedding rings.

SHORT ANSWER:

*YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF POF!!!*

BRONX CHEER HERE!

(*shrug*) That's between them and their partners, no? If PBA's life is running all tickety-boo, I'm a little surprised at all this vicarious voyeurism; people trying, very inelegantly at that, to stir up trouble in someone else's affairs. That's beneath contempt, and I would never do such a thing...

correct- hide nothing, after all your partner may be the one who collects the mail ;0P

By throwing shade on counselling in general, I think it is like saying people should not seek help

I think you're referring to me and if so can you rewrite it so I can get a better understanding of what you mean.

No, just a general statement, I keep using Columbine & Sandy Hook as an example. As a general rule, if someone is upset/angry, better to talk than to do something awful to others or themselves.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 73
Posted: 2/10/2018 11:20:54 AM
Arlo:

Most guys don't hit on every women they see---they mainly hit on women they think are reasonably attractive and single. But I could see why being hit on would be a real ego boost for some married women posing as divorced, who just crave the attention.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 74
Posted: 2/10/2018 11:29:37 AM

(AT) Because every second profile states that it is here for forums only, anyway; if some hormone-charged guy is gonna hit on every single female he sees anyway, the bells and whistles of a free dating site won't make a difference. Some guys will hit on women with wedding rings.

(halcyon_skies) Most guys don't hit on every women they see--

You aren't a guy.

(halcyon_skies) -they mainly hit on women they think are reasonably attractive and single.

(*shrug*) Most guys will hit on anyone they even remotely think they have a chance with.

(halcyon_skies) But I could see why being hit on would be a real ego boost for some married women posing as divorced, who just crave the attention.

Every human being likes being implicitly told that he/she is desirable. That's not a profound observation.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 75
Posted: 2/10/2018 11:54:21 AM
^^^for the majority of people I think they’re content with feeling desirable by the partner/spouse/etc.
Some need more.
I think the dumb ‘observation’ was a snipe though, for attention.
anyone on a dating site or participating in a chat forum whether in a relationship or not is looking attention.

OT......I’m really angry at the moment. Phelan repeatedly gets away with murder and I just want him to get caught and locked up.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > So many angry single people