Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Heartbroken(and it's not what you think)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 376
view profile
History
Heartbroken(and it's not what you think)Page 16 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
Sorry Aqua but as you know christmas and depression sometimes don't work well together so this is short again. My first pick for the playoffs are the Chargers
 aquaandorange14
Msg: 377
view profile
History
Heartbroken(and it's not what you think)
Posted: 1/3/2019 6:54:58 PM
Hey Rise,

The holidays are over, so come on back. We can talk about things if you want, on here or we can figure something a little more private out. This is was my first Christmas and New Years without Bailey, so that didn't go so well for me. I made it through though, He would have been pissed at me anyways. Come on back when you feel better.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 378
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2019 3:08:06 PM
As you've probably guessed severe depression is kicking my ass and sucked all the motivation out of me. I I play a computer strategy game to keep my mind occupiedconstantly to keep my thoughts from drifting to far off center. I have a month to recover from this since I'm on holidays. I knew this would be uppsetting time since it is your first without Bailey. Hopefully the sadness has receded by now. I've thinking about a post but haven't bothered to write anything yet. I'll try working on it a bit every day. Don't know what else to say
 aquaandorange14
Msg: 379
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2019 5:03:55 PM
Take your time Rise. If you want to talk, I can give you my e-mail address. That will keep things more private. You know I studied this stuff, so I might be able to help you out. Otherwise, let me know
 aquaandorange14
Msg: 380
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2019 5:05:26 PM
Take your time Rise. If you want to talk, I can give you my e-mail address. That will keep things more private. You know I studied this stuff, so I might be able to help you out. Otherwise, let me know
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 381
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2019 5:21:01 PM

Sorry Aqua but as you know christmas and depression sometimes don't work well together so this is short again. My first pick for the playoffs are the Chargers.

Well, good thing it wasn't for the Bears! :)

As you've probably guessed severe depression is kicking my ass and sucked all the motivation out of me.

One thing for me, in relation to Xmas holidays, is that it never has affected me (being solo/single). If I'm down during that period, it doesn't make it worse. If I'm up, it doesn't level it out either. I guess some people have something about the Xmas holidays that I (thankfully) "lost" going into my early adulthood? It's a human-weakness association with it pulling on heart-strings that some people have that makes them feel wanted/a-part-of-things with a warm-fuzzy feeling, I guess. I never got that. Much the same as some people Get Into a serious Relationship or get married because of those "moments" during that time-frame. A sad weakness that I see in some adults. No wonder there's such big divorce rates.

But I can Certainly Understand feeling down during the Xmas holidays (or any particular holiday weekend), when they lost a loved one and said holiday was intense & immense in a good way with them. I never had that for any set holiday sticking out, and can't critique that, and do have empathy there. Said person well before said holiday comes around, should have something set up to do -- some sort of social involvement activity to be a part of (not requiring a date or GF/BF at all).

However, when it comes to an Ex one despises -- one Shouldn't have the same feeling as if it was an Ex who died or who rightfully left you thus you feel warranted shame & loss, when it comes to said holiday coming up where you spent tons of time together. If so, it's a reflection that one hasn't gotten over them in the Early steps yet. Some people don't, nor Want to, truly get over them underneath it all (and many without realizing it). For those who died or in which one was stupid and deservingly was left -- yeah, easier said than done. But when it's not like that -- but said Ex was horrible as a match and was no prince/princess -- I scratch my head as to why one would have that same association to said anniversary moments, as if they were.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 382
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2019 9:41:11 AM
"I'll mend myself before it gets me"

I heard the song for the first time today since before christmas. I'm not sure how that happened since its on all my playlists and definitely this one I listen to now. I have three weeks of holidays left to deal with this and hopefully it abates by then. I have nothing else to say about myself and I'm hoping things have improved for you to lessen the effect of the first anniversary of Bailey's passing. I imagine it's a difficult time already so I'm going to try and distract you with this question. I know the answer and it's the same as mine but I'd like to discuss it since the topic is quite popular here. Where did you learn to date?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Heartbroken(and it's not what you think)