Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > BF is upset because I didn't introduce him to my work colleague      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 siisaa
Msg: 26
BF is upset because I didn't introduce him to my work colleaguePage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Given the very brief time frame here, this shouldn't be an issue. Is BF the insecure or jealous type? If so, then you've got bigger problems than not introducing him to a co-worker.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 27
BF is upset because I didn't introduce him to my work colleague
Posted: 1/24/2018 2:17:29 PM

He just wants people to know that he is my boyfriend. He wants me to introduce him around more to my friends and some of my distant relatives.

This coworker was not a friend or relative; he was an acquaintance. Your boyfriend sounds insecure and controlling. Tell him he can introduce himself next time, if it means so much to him.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/24/2018 2:48:20 PM

(greatgal1977) He just wants people to know that he is my boyfriend. He wants me to introduce him around more to my friends and some of my distant relatives.

(halcyon_skies) This coworker was not a friend or relative; he was an acquaintance. Your boyfriend sounds insecure and controlling.

Aw, Kee-Ripes. If this is typical behaviour for OP's BF, it might be an indicator of insecurity. If it was an isolated incident, write it off as a Douche-Bag Moment. Human beings are known to be susceptible to having vapours from time to time...

(halcyon_skies) Tell him he can introduce himself next time, if it means so much to him.

Yes, revive and escalate a settled issue with a Passive-Aggressive challenge. That's sure to work!

I'm sure OP's BF is less-than-proud of his little B!tch-Fest, and reminding him of it will thrill him to no end...
 Vannili
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2018 9:23:56 PM
Well, you should have told your boyfriend that was your co-worker and explain to him that he is not in a chatty mood that is why you did not introduce him but next you will.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2018 12:59:13 AM
He's feeling a little insecure. He should have recognized there was no opportunity to be introduced. How long have you been dating? If he wants to announce his presence in your life, tell him to send flowers to you at your job☺
 bmore_goat
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2018 3:19:05 PM
Going with the herd on this one. You exchanged hello's and he walked off. No need to introduce your BF unless there was a, ..wait for it...CONVERSATION between you too. It the same as if you and your bf were walking somewhere and you were saw a co-worker across the street and you waved to them, Would you shout across the street and introduce your BF then?
Don't get me started on the, "I just wanted everyone to know I'm your BF." What the hell is that all that about?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2018 3:38:02 PM
Is saying CoolD like saying Beetlejuice?☺ Will he appear?☺ CoolD, check out this guy's vinyl^^^^^
 sun___flower
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2018 3:41:09 PM
BMore, long time no post. Good to see you.
 bmore_goat
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2018 10:23:03 AM

BMore, long time no post. Good to see you.

I drop in from time to time. I had to post on this one. The BF sounds like really insecure.I can't believe he needs her to come out the gate introducing him to mere acquaintances as her BF. You might do this parties or gatherings, but not to people you bump into on the street unless the meeting turns into conversation.
 cooldog65
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2018 6:48:49 PM

Is saying CoolD like saying Beetlejuice?☺ Will he appear?☺ CoolD, check out this guy's vinyl^^^^^

The cooldog65 ghost with the most has appeared...

I see the vinyl...nice! Between albums, singles, and CDs, I may be approaching 1000 pieces myself.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2018 8:46:04 PM
My ex in NY told me he did work at an old woman's house and she gave him boxes of older vinyl collectibles. He was moving, so he asked a friend to hold them. His friend told him they were lost to water damage. Guy probably sold them for many thousands of dollars. I can't remember which albums the lady gave him. They were in pristine condition.
 Cynderella
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2018 1:13:26 AM
I would introduce boyfriend to the end of my boot as he hits the curb....
Signs of the greeneyed monster...no Thanks!
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 38
Posted: 2/7/2018 2:08:02 AM

I would introduce boyfriend to the end of my boot

some guys pay good money for that.

If it was an isolated incident, write it off as a Douche-Bag Moment. Human beings are known to be susceptible to having vapours from time to time...

Did you not get the memo?.......pof’ers are the wisest of perfectors, it has to be one extreme or the other, don’t bring that balanced approach round here pal :)
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/7/2018 3:02:52 AM

(AT) If it was an isolated incident, write it off as a Douche-Bag Moment. Human beings are known to be susceptible to having vapours from time to time...

(RoxyMoronic) Did you not get the memo?.......pof’ers are the wisest of perfectors, it has to be one extreme or the other, don’t bring that balanced approach round here pal :)

I know... who do I think I am, coming around here with my L'il Suzy Sunshine schtick, when we should be talking aboput important stuff, like my dime-deflecting fanny...
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 40
Posted: 2/7/2018 4:35:57 AM

(Newyorker58) My ex in NY told me he did work at an old woman's house and she gave him boxes of older vinyl collectibles. He was moving, so he asked a friend to hold them. His friend told him they were lost to water damage. Guy probably sold them for many thousands of dollars.

Do you *EVER* have *ANYTHING* positive to say about *ANYONE*, or has your life been an uninterrupted series of nothing but crappy experiences?
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/7/2018 5:08:03 AM

my dime-deflecting fanny...

And here it is, I thought you had an i-phone credit card reader peeking out in b/w your cheeks...
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 42
Posted: 2/7/2018 8:21:44 AM

I know... who do I think I am, coming around here with my L'il Suzy Sunshine schtick, when we should be talking aboput [sic] important stuff, like my dime-deflecting fanny...

The real talent would be if the dime actually stuck.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 43
Posted: 2/7/2018 2:11:09 PM

(AT) I know... who do I think I am, coming around here with my L'il Suzy Sunshine schtick, when we should be talking aboput [sic] important stuff, like my dime-deflecting fanny...

(halcyon_skies) The real talent would be if the dime actually stuck.

Well, I suppose we could smear my l'il tuchus with honey -- that'd probably do the trick...

(cue the "honey-glazed ham" jokes in 3... 2... )
 RR Man
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2018 1:22:22 AM
Just on work and relationships in general: When I got married, I didn't try to keep it a secret at work, but I didn't talk about it either, except with two or three close friends. At that point, I had decided to keep my personal life and my work life as separate as possible. One day this guy came up to me and asked "How's married life?" At that point, I'd been married for FIVE YEARS. Can you believe that?

And when we had our daughter, I made it a bigger secret than anything the CIA might have come up with. Quite simply, I didn't want to hear howsthebabyhowsthebabyhowsthebabyhowsthebaby 6,013 times every single day. Sorry ladies, but it was mostly the women in the office that would have asked that question.

My wife (now my ex) took offense at this. Yet when I told my sister about my wife's pregnancy, she didn't want my sister to know about it because the two of them never got along. Go figure.

On my last day at work when I retired, the wife brought our daughter along. Needless to say, it shocked a lot of people. One woman said "You didn't tell anybody about this." Actually, I did, but only the people I wanted to know.

I went there to WORK, not discuss my personal life with people I didn't care about.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/25/2018 3:40:24 AM

(NY58) He's feeling a little insecure. He should have recognized there was no opportunity to be introduced. How long have you been dating? If he wants to announce his presence in your life, tell him to send flowers to you at your job☺

I actually think that's a really good come-back, that probably has a really good chance of defusing the situation by:

1) Making the BF realize how silly he's being, without making him feel stupid; or,
2) Prompting him to actually do it.

Smart advice from Newyorker58... okay, what'd you do with the *REAL* Newyorker58, and where'd you hide the body?
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 46
Posted: 2/25/2018 7:09:50 AM
work relationships are truly interesting...probably half the people we're stuck with for most of our week, we wouldn't bother to talk to if we met them in a bar. But stress sticks us together against a common interest (whatever's giving us the stress). There are coworkers who seem to use the workplace to solve their childhood issues. There's brownnosing.

I'll give RRM credit for keeping his worklife separate. I knew a manager back at my old workplace who could do it, he married a coworker I dated once, and I didn't know they were divorced until years later. my best friend is going thru a "hostile workplace" as a supe is moving on and everyone's jockeying to get the position. my friend's best days are when she can just go in, get things done, go home knowing she accomplished something (without everyone else dropping the ball), and get paid for it.
 benartflick
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/25/2018 8:06:51 AM

"probably half the people we're stuck with for most of our week, we wouldn't bother to talk to if we met them in a bar"

Care to share where you worked? I worked in Ct (EB) for 35 years and I can't think of one person I wouldn't bother to talk to. (I wouldn't talk to quite a few I observed in a bar.)

While in HS I worked 2 1/2 years with other kids my age and older; again I can't think of one I wouldn't bother to talk to.

Can't think of one trying to solve childhood issues, but I probably never met a person with mental issues that I was aware of - until the internet. Then a few are obvious.

I have absolutely no idea what people you're referring to. I grew up in nearby RI. We try to get along with everybody. No problem until the internet - a lot of unfriendly and extremely hostile people in chat rooms. I guess a few might be the same way in person. I'm glad I never had to work with any of them.

While serving in the army I only recall 4 Jewish guys from New York that were standoffish and didn't talk to the other soldiers during our MOS training. They were extremely rude and unfriendly AHs. Disliked by all.

During basic training we had a few southern whites and southern blacks that didn't talk to each other, but the rest of us had no problem talking to them and everybody else.

Really, I'm confused as to what people YOU wouldn't bother to talk to at work. Ya got a few examples? I find it hard to believe you weren't a sociable person at work. I don't recall ever meeting an unsociable person at work. Even the few Republicans in our office were friendly and sociable (although one was a major brownnoser).
 NewYorker58
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2018 8:57:51 AM
RR Man seems emotionally distant. I bet he's heard that before. How can you have a child and no one knows? Don't you ever take sick or personal days after the child is born?

I've made lifetime friends from work, going back 40 years. Shagged some work mates too☺
 ohenryx
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2018 9:22:29 AM

NewYorker58
I've made lifetime friends from work, going back 40 years. Shagged some work mates too☺

Damn, here we go again.

What was that movie where Joanne Woodward played the woman with multiple personality disorder? Ah, google to the rescue, The 3 Faces of Eve. As I recall, each of the personalities had a different name, perhaps we could refer to NY58 and NY58-prime. NY58 dislikes men, accuses them of following her around everywhere she goes (particularly the grocery store), and NY58-prime “shags” her coworkers just for fun.

On the subject of getting along with coworkers (not shagging, just getting along), I work with a lot of people in their 20s. We get along, but would never hang together outside of work.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2018 10:12:25 AM
There are very, very, few people I've worked with that became off-duty friends. Even among those people, I didn't pry deep into their personal lives. Why? Because I don't care. We shared hobbies. We talked about those hobbies, not about some kid's kindergarden grades.

Sure, at some point or another I might find out they have kids or a wife or a GF or ex-wife, and guess what...I DON'T KNOW ANY OF THEIR NAMES. Because I don't hang out with the wives and families - maybe I met them once or twice. Maybe I was introduced at some department store. I nodded my head and grunted, and forgot them instantly. Why? Because I don't care that people you know also shop at a store.

Even if you DID screw Brad from accounting last year, do I want to meet him? No. What for? I don't care about Brad's opinion.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > BF is upset because I didn't introduce him to my work colleague