Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I've been dating a woman since October , She just told me she has an      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NewYorker58
Msg: 51
view profile
History
I've been dating a woman since October , She just told me she has an std.....Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
The finger pointed back at myself is saying look, no stds, no alcoholism, no lying

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread. Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 52
I've been dating a woman since October , She just told me she has an std.....
Posted: 2/15/2018 9:29:26 PM

The finger pointed back at myself is saying look, no stds, no alcoholism, no lying

And no boyfriend.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2018 12:21:40 AM
You know I'm not interested in dating right now. I wouldn't be good company. I could be going out every day of the week with someone different from pof if I wanted to partake.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 54
Posted: 2/16/2018 1:21:04 AM

You know I'm not interested in dating right now.

Yes, that's what you claim here, yet your profile says nothing about not being interested in dating.

Imagine that.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2018 10:55:33 AM
It does. I state I'm having dog health issues and won't be dating or returning messages. It hasn't stopped messages since most are not reading profiles, but some do and reference me saying that. That's why I swapped out my pics and don't care if I have up older pics with scenery instead.
 G_1969
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2018 11:48:17 PM
Go to YouTube. Watch How a Jezebelle spirit manipulates you in a relationship (BY R$E). Take a deep breath and figure out you will never ever under any circumstances find a good woman on a site like this Brother.
 feirene
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2018 4:33:18 PM

First time I have seen anyone state that. Do you have a creditable source?

i heard about it on a Ted Talk a few years ago but can't find the video (i've watched a lot of talks), i have type 2 diabetes that was why i was watching it. if i find it i'll post it.
 CadetBoneSpurs
Msg: 58
Posted: 2/18/2018 8:15:09 AM

It does. I state I'm having dog health issues and won't be dating or returning messages.

It is literally tucked into the last line of your profile.

I have seen EULA's that are clearer than that.

So either you are a terrible communicator or you are being intentionally deceitful.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2018 9:39:00 AM
I don't want to date right now....so my profile is hidden. No messages except for some forum friends.

You can find out if you have herpes with a simple test by your PCP. Don't go jumping off a bridge. You probably didn't contract anything or you would already have symptoms ie.. itchy****
 pepperstrand
Msg: 60
Posted: 6/1/2018 7:47:39 PM
You can't die from it. It is like a cold virus, get over it. If you care for this person then love her.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2018 11:37:47 PM
^^^^ do you understand what herpes is? It's not like a cold. Colds get cured, herpes doesn't. It causes painful breakouts. You're okay with painful blisters on your vajajay?
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2018 5:38:42 AM
Complications from HVS-2, for an example, have been linked to serious neurological problems. HSV-1/2 can also be transmitted, though rarely, to newborns which could develop serious neurological problems, as well, and could result in their death. Of course, complications tend to be more severe in people in an immuno-compromised state of health.

Transmission of other diseases are another complication of herpes when an actual breakout occurs, again, some outbreaks can be milder than others but still pose the same risk. even more so if the symptoms are so mild that the person might feel everything is ok.

Indeed, condoms reduce the transmission and not protect fully, but it also reduces transmissions of other diseases during an outbreak. It's important to be upfront before anything happens so people can make informed choices about their health and relationships.

I would be careful not to equate Herpes to the Common cold. Both viruses are different. Colds are not curable and they too have a set of serious complications that can occur more in immuno-compromised people... and the average person, rather unexpectedly. Both are damaging to people with immuno-compromised health. Herpes has a set of complications that are far more troubling, and if you contract HSV-2, it becomes more complicated.

Differentiating this is not to say people with Herpes can't have love lives, but it's best to be upfront because the person you are with could be infected and complications could arise. The other person involved may not know they have the other strain and could develop a superinfection. Again, it's best to be upfront. This virus is very common and shame isn't going to help improve people's live
 cooldog65
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2018 9:18:49 AM
What is the difference between true love and herpes?

Herpes is forever...
Posted: 6/2/2018 11:25:55 AM
Years ago I dated a woman who has herpes. We'd been out a few times. She told me after dinner one night. I appreciated that and continued to see her until we broke up for something unrelated. It didn't change who she was as a person. I'm going to guess it's hard for a person who has that and other diseases that can't be cured. It's a personal matter so they don't know if the person they told is going to tell everyone he/she knows and then they tell someone else. As our conversation went on that night, she mentioned that she gets to know a person and sees how they talk about others. If I was telling her personal things about people I know then I'd probably be telling them things about her.

As for condoms, I'd say 99% of the women I've dated don't request that I use one. That would be anyone from a woman that is known to be easy to one that is prim, proper and high educated. Plus everyone in between. I know it's also on me to use one to be safe but I won't say that I've used one all of the time.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2018 1:33:08 AM
Endless, it was her obligation to tell you. A person can be sued for knowingly passing it on. This is a good reason to be in a monogamous relationship.
 ThatOneLady01
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2018 4:15:58 AM
People like this piss me off. It happened to someone I know. This guy she was seeing told her he had chlamydia weeks AFTER they had sex. She had no symptoms but she went to get tested and a couple of days later she was told that she tested positive. She was very upset but chlamydia was cured after taking antibiotics so she was fine after a while but what upset her more was his dishonesty.
And I never understood how he wasn't taking meds or whatever for his STD, or maybe he was but I'm not sure how you can sleep with someone knowing you could be transmitting something potentially dangerous to them if you go uncured.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2018 1:45:45 PM
There aren't always symptoms with chlamydia. He may have gotten it, and didn't realize until he gave it to someone else that acquired symptoms or someone before your gf came down with symptoms. So maybe he actually did good by telling her??? What's rampant now is herpes. So if she wants to have unprotected sex, that's next.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2018 7:26:33 AM
People should get compensation from the person that gave them an Std and be able to press charges if they were not told they had an Std prior.
 JGL209
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2018 3:05:46 PM
Sorry that happened to you.. believe it or not that is one of my biggest fears. I get tested and just recently I was tested for everything under the sun and I am clean. I'm surprised how many women I meet who aren't tested regularly or haven't been in years. You never know where someone has been.
 ponyelvis82
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2018 12:08:06 AM
OK, since everyone is talking about herpes... here's the reality of that virus: There's about an 80% chance that you have it. You'll also most likely never have a single symptom of it, ever. HSV-2 is less common, about 16% of people have it. That's only 1 in 6, and condoms don't protect you from it. Either you have it, or you've been with someone who does. But it's the same has HSV-1, there will probably never be a single symptom of it during your entire life, because outbreaks are the exception. For the majority of people with it, they will live with it for their entire life and never have a single outbreak.

Same with HPV. You probably have it or have had it. It comes and goes, with no symptoms. Only a few of the over 100 strands of it actually have any danger. If you're that worried, there's a vaccine against the ones that are actually bad.

That's just part of being alive. You're going to get infected with these viruses.

I saw AIDS come up. The HIV scare was turned way worse than it really is, and we have our "morals" to thank for that. Gotta make sex scary. Here's the thing about it, it's 100% IMPOSSIBLE to catch it if the other person doesn't have it. Only about 1% of the entire US population is estimated to have it (this is counting what the CDC estimates doesn't know they're infected). And then IF the other person has it and you're exposed to any body fluids in most situations, including sharing a needle, your chances are estimated at less than 1% of contracting the virus. It's an extremely small risk of catching it. The thing that changes that, is repeating the risk. The most dangerous activity is receiving anal sex. Your chances are about 1.5%, IF the other person is positive. If you don't know if they are or not, your odds are 1% IF they're the 1% that's positive. That's .01% chance per anal sexual encounter that you'll contract the virus. That's 1 in 10,000 random encounters. If it's not a regular habit, this virus is the least of your worries. It CAN happen the first time, it's possible, and occasionally does happen, to anyone, but it pretty much won't. This isn't really an issue unless you're REPEATEDLY taking part in the risk, like regular anal sex, or regularly sharing needles. Then it becomes very noticeably more likely the more you repeat the risk. So that random guy you met on POF and went on a few dates and had some fun then never talked to him again, you can probably safely bet your entire life on you not catching HIV, unless you're extremely unlucky. (now, if you only have anal sex, or always share needles, or never use a condom, the more you do it, the higher your chances of infection become, but if you made one, even 10 bad judgement calls, you're not likely to catch this. This spreads more commonly through you married someone who's positive and regularly had sex over the last 10 years.)

Then you have the more common infections, like syphilis or gonorrhea. If you get it, you take an antibiotic then it's gone. It's a temporary inconvenience. The real worry with that is that the more it spreads, the more resistant it becomes to it's common treatments. You don't want to catch these, it's pretty awful while you have symptoms, but you're gonna live. Syphilis is still extremely treatable, and you have to be a complete moron to actually let yourself die from it, the symptoms are stuff you're going to go to the ER about, even if you can't pay. Gonorrhea is the one that's becoming antibiotic resistant, but the worst common result of having it untreated is you can't have kids. That's the worst that's expected. But there's always a chance of something like meningitis if the infection spreads through your nervous system. Just get tested, if you have it, take a pill for a week. Even the antibiotic resistant gonorrhea has been treated and cured.

Hepatitis is the expensive common one. It's easy to catch. A is not sexually transmitted, and you've probably had it at some point and are immune now. Your body just fights it off and wins. It's just a typical food poisoning. B, this one is 100% preventable. Get the vaccine. C is the dangerous one, it's the one everyone talks about when it comes to STDs, and it's one of the more common STDs. But it's also the FIRST virus that we've developed a cure for (I think it was last year). So again, get tested, and if you have it, take a pill for a month.

So relax, unless you're really serious with the other person and regularly having sex over a long period of time, it's just not likely that you caught anything from them. And if you did, it was either almost definitely one of the very easily treated ones, or one of the ones that the doctor is going to just send you home with a medicine to help stop you from infecting someone else (we don't even bother trying to treat herpes or HPV because it's that small of an issue, instead we try to stop it from spreading).
 justinelle
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2018 7:14:16 AM
What a really nice guy, how genuine and sincere the person who started this nonsense is NOT.

What he is really saying is I conned a really nice woman into having sex with me, and used an excuse to get out if it. And then blaming the women for allowing this moron to have sex.

Talk about being superficial, and pretending he has depth…. is astounding and so many have fallen for this perverted take on self gratification.

What a shallow piece of humanity this con artist has demonstrated and boasted he is. He wants pity, and understanding and absolution as well…. can one believe the cheek of this psychologically retarded individual?

My advice would be to run home to mummy and have a good cry, hoping she will understand your idiotic foolishness.

I would suggest you grow up, but it obvious you are set in your misogynistic ways, and like to spin the facts for your own self gratification, as it is YOU and YOU alone that demonstrated treat women as objects, unpaid prostitution for those on here that don’t get my meaning.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2018 2:28:54 PM
Some stds are blood tested, some swab tested. It's just that simple. Easy to get checked. I've already been checked and my boyfriend got checked as well. Bless his heart lol.
Hiv is mostly from gay sex, some from straight sex.
 daynadaze
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2018 4:34:04 PM
I never act superior to those with STDs, I could have gotten one or more, having sex means you can get pregnant, you can get STDs, etc. You can be monogamous but you cannot know, no matter how much you think you know, if someone is cheating on you. You can even be in a totally safe relationship but be raped, be exposed, sh!t happens in life.
 reverendswine
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2018 11:14:50 PM
Damn, RockinPonyElvisTrucker. This is the second post of yours I agree with it. This is getting awkward.

I've spent most of my adult life laughing at the disease hysteria from the uninformed. It's funny how you hear it most often from people who are either religious nuts or can't get laid. It's almost like they *want* anyone who has a sex life to catch a disease just to feel better about their miserable existence
Posted: 6/11/2018 5:11:19 PM
After reading ponyelvis82's post, I don't even want to pull it out to goto the bathroom!

Say you start dating someone and find that you really like them then they tell you they have an STD. Not something that goes away in a few weeks. One of the big ones that is like good luggage. They keep it for life. Would you stay with them or wish them well as they continue their dating journey?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I've been dating a woman since October , She just told me she has an std.....