Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I've been dating a woman since October , She just told me she has an      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NewYorker58
Msg: 76
view profile
History
I've been dating a woman since October , She just told me she has an std.....Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Arrivederci. I think someone should tell you that before you meet. It would be like any other big issue that a person shouldn't hide, and thereby waste your time. The old, I think I'll try to get the person to like me first routine is deceitful. So no, I would not stay with that person.
I've been dating a woman since October , She just told me she has an std.....
Posted: 6/11/2018 5:46:52 PM
Going back to the person I dated a few years ago. She said she likes to get to know a person to see if they talk about other people's personal lives before she reveals something very personal about herself. Like our conversation now, nobody knows who I'm talking about. But if there are mutual friends involved and I'm like "Hey, Michelle told me she has....". That wouldn't be right. I guess it's a tough situation but people should have the conversation fairly early.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2018 6:40:36 PM
I guess that's tricky if a person thinks it will be revealed to those that don't need to know. I can't imagine having herpes and telling the person, in person, on a first date. How do you slide that in? Ask your date, do you know anyone with herpes? Your date says no, and you say, you do now☺
 feirene
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2018 3:32:49 AM

How do you slide that in? Ask your date, do you know anyone with herpes? Your date says no, and you say, you do now

I laughed at that but i've also no idea how you'd tell someone. I wonder if STD clinics advise people what to do if they test positive?
 daynadaze
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2018 10:35:22 AM
In the early 90s when I did volunteer counseling at an Omaha aids clinic, what we did was hope to get a list of names so we could contact them to come in and get tested. We weren't legally allowed to give out the names of those who had tested positive, we weren't allowed to force them to do anything, the point was to get people tested, give them info and show them how to put a condom on a fake male member. Proper use of a condom is especially important to its value. We really didn't want your real name because back then you could lose your insurance, your name could be smeared, just for getting tested, you didn't have to test positive. People can be cruel, so giving people immunity was importante. The cost was up to you, you could pay nothing to giving a large donation, the clinic wanted to test as many as possible without scaring them off. So while it might sound insane to those who feared the consequences of their own sexual behavior, what the clinics job was to get you tested and then get you into the proper places for help if you test positive. It was to make sure you knew how to use condoms, it was to show you how to protect your own body.

I do not know how it works today, back then testing positive for HIV was a death sentence. Back then we could not out a person with a positive test, they had to tell people, but they could tell them at the clinic and then we could talk to them. They could give a list of sexual partners and we could contact them not giving the name of the person who gave us the list.
 stooohacni
Msg: 81
Posted: 6/12/2018 12:33:38 PM

Say you start dating someone and find that you really like them then they tell you they have an STD. Not something that goes away in a few weeks. One of the big ones that is like good luggage. They keep it for life. Would you stay with them or wish them well as they continue their dating journey?

LMAO - one of the big ones that is like good luggage -

I would wish them well as they continue their dating journey.
Posted: 6/12/2018 2:54:03 PM

I do not know how it works today, back then testing positive for HIV was a death sentence. Back then we could not out a person with a positive test, they had to tell people, but they could tell them at the clinic and then we could talk to them. They could give a list of sexual partners and we could contact them not giving the name of the person who gave us the list.

This subject was all over the news when Charlie Sheen said he has HIV. It's supposed to be totally different now. There are drugs available to make the viral load undetectable. The drugs don't cure it but the person can lead a fairly normal life and their life expectancy is the same as people without the disease.
 feirene
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2018 1:43:48 AM
Thanks daynadaze

I didn't know Charlie Sheen was HIV positive.
There are drugs now that make it so it's unlikely a person will even pass on HIV as well, but still you need to tell the person about being positive and let them decide whether to take the risk. I remember someone mentioning it on another forums, they also had it on their profile about being HIV+ (so no awkward conversation for them).
 lulz567
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2018 4:48:58 PM
First thing before I launch at her. You are equally responsible for sexual health. Having unprotected sex isn’t a brilliant idea when you don’t know who they are and you don’t at the beginning so must take responsibility for this.
Now as far as this vindictive person goes if she already knew she had an STD and forgot to mention it so potentially exposing you to one.

That is so low it’s not worth repeating how I’d extract revenge on them ( but I would)
The I accepted it when my boyfriend had it wouldn’t make her life any easier in fact blackmailing someone into accepting it is perfectly expected that you should accept her giving you an STD or risking your health because she has no self respect just makes me feel she isn’t as great as you say she is and all that is just an act.
Warm but dangerous. and the rest can be contradicted to.
This is not acceptable . I’d be wondering after that bombshell if I also had HIV or something because my trust would be below the minimum level acceptable for not flying into a rage at them.

If you allow that you are going to have quite a few little bombshells dropped on you’re head in future. Run before you are a daddy with an STD and in a further deep hole.
I’m no saint so for me to say this is psychotic says enough about what you are dealing with. Have some dignity say I’m going and hope you manage to tell the next victim you have herpies before sex.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I've been dating a woman since October , She just told me she has an std.....