Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Friend is Adding All Exs boyfriends Friends and Followers on Twitter      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 26
Friend is Adding All Exs boyfriends Friends and Followers on Twitter Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
^^^
Hello & Good Morning, Penny!

Op, take her advice- she has lots of good suggestions
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Friend is Adding All Exs boyfriends Friends and Followers on Twitter
Posted: 1/29/2018 8:42:54 AM
Jcon321 are you going to return and

address the advice these people are offering

and maybe admit that you are talking about yourself.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2018 12:25:54 PM

My friend is slowly but surely adding All his friends and close circle of twitter followers. The majority do not follow her back.

I dunno why some people are thinking you (OP) are pretending you're the one doing it, especially given your 2nd post shaking your head at her, as she thinks it's some good idea.

It's harmless to add her ex's friends on Twitter. Truly believing this Will get him back, is the problem. You should talk with her again and let her know that she's just winding herself up getting all obsessed about it. She shouldn't think this has any notable % chance of getting him back. If she still won't budge -- tell her to give herself a timeline to try and get him back... and if it doesn't work, to concede to give up. So, say, give it 2 weeks. If there's no indicators of him coming back, "punt the ball". Maybe she needs to get something out of her system to come back to reality, dunno. But she should realize where she's standing, and not "follow her gut". Her "gut" is telling her this is doable - lol. Oh, how I hate the silly "follow yer gut" advice. Makes people do silly stuff like this. :)
 jcon321
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2018 7:19:33 PM
Each day my friend is interacting with all her ex boyfriends followers. Adding more and more friends, I am not sure if it's to get her Exs attention or what she will gain in the long term apart from pain, anguish and hurt. Cyber Stalking? I don't see this and feel she maybe encouraged by her ex. He is not telling her to stop. Her ex is a serving police officer of 11 years service
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/29/2018 7:27:25 PM

Cyber Stalking? I don't see this and feel she maybe encouraged by her ex. He is not telling her to stop.

Just because he's not telling her to stop, doesn't mean he's encouraging her. He's probably just trying to get on with his life--hence, "no contact". Ignoring her and encouraging her are two entirely different things.

She needs to take the hint, and go away.
 greatgal1977
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/29/2018 7:27:30 PM
Sounds like a colossal waste of time. But hey, as long as she is not boiling any bunnies.....
 jcon321
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2018 10:09:25 PM
Get on with his life? This is virtually impossible. The adding and interacting of his friends are hard to ignore.
It could be how they both communicate off twitter which could be contributing to her behaviour. A few days ago she published on Twitter an extract of their text messaging. She asked him to call him to call her if he needed anything. His response was that he was OK and for her to stop being nice to him, and that she did not owe him anything. She replied that is was friends are for
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2018 10:41:46 PM

Sounds like a colossal waste of time. But hey, as long as she is not boiling any bunnies.....

Actually, that'd be a good tweet for her to make. "See honey?? I CAN cook!"
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/30/2018 8:32:07 AM

A few days ago she published on Twitter an extract of their text messaging. She asked him to call him to call her if he needed anything. His response was that he was OK and for her to stop being nice to him, and that she did not owe him anything. She replied that is was friends are for.

He's not encouraging her. He's just trying to "let her down easy" without hurting her feelings. Considering that she posted a private text message between the two of them on Twitter, that's pretty charitable of him.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Friend is Adding All Exs boyfriends Friends and Followers on Twitter