Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Hidden transgenders M-F      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Hidden transgenders M-FPage 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
People should be given the right and opportunity to be whoever they want. The tricky bit is when it comes to stuff like the law, inclusion etc.
I can’t imagine where my head would be at if I couldn’t identify as either male or female. While only a label/word it is a gender identity. I’m not having a pop either, the majority of people (trans and other) identify as one or the other don’t they, but neither?

I just treat most people with respect, I’m less likely to offend anyone that way :)

...and goal
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Hidden transgenders M-F
Posted: 2/17/2018 4:44:17 AM

That's however one side of it. Trans women (born males) would still largely have a male brain and that makes it kinda easier to get along with. That makes me think that if a dude can reconcile with the idea that his chick was a dude, then trans women (born men) are prolly the perfect women. Female tits, female arse, often hyper-feminine in attitude and a man's brain. What else could a man ask for in a woman? You tell me.

To quote Luke Skywalker: "Amazing. Every word of what you just said was wrong."

I suggest you look a bit further into what gender dysphoria is.
 10ky
Msg: 53
Hidden transgenders M-F
Posted: 2/17/2018 5:12:50 AM
^^I think that the harder you try to impress us by faking being smart, the more obvious the fact that you suffer from chronic inferiority complex becomes. Give it a wee break, pops, will you? It's boring... (mopes)
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Hidden transgenders M-F
Posted: 2/17/2018 5:37:25 AM
^^^ Transgender women do not have male brains. That's the point of being transgender.

The harder you try to impress us by faking being smart, the more obvious the fact that you suffer from chronic inferiority complex becomes. Give it a break, troll, will you? It's boring. No moping required.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Hidden transgenders M-F
Posted: 2/17/2018 6:06:45 AM
Excellent quote.

Luke Skywalker: "Amazing. Every word of what you just said was wrong."

I saw the film but didn't really take that in. I was thinking it was probably an amusing aside from the original film talking to Han Solo.

p.s. nice goal Roxy

p.p.s. I try not to offend people but I do occasionally get it wrong. Like last week wen I complimented a friend on winning the bet. He was wearing just the most awful shirt and I thought he had done it for a joke. But nope, jsut someone with worse dress sense than me!
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Hidden transgenders M-F
Posted: 2/17/2018 6:28:54 AM
Bad dress sense or simply an individual sense of style that didn't match your own, Chap? ;)

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 10ky
Msg: 57
Hidden transgenders M-F
Posted: 2/17/2018 6:42:12 AM
Same old shite. Same old... same old. A leopard cannae. It just can't. Ehh..

order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.

imanorangetiger
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Hidden transgenders M-F
Posted: 2/17/2018 7:05:37 AM
^^^ You poor little thing. How sad it must be to be a perpetual victim.

The truth is though, I'd have said the same to anyone who came out with such ignorant and prejudiced claptrap. Unfortunately for you, it seems that everyone else is less ignorant and prejudiced than you are. Spotty leopards indeed.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Hidden transgenders M-F
Posted: 2/17/2018 7:26:06 AM
Orange - I think the style is called Retinal Damage.

On topic - Maybe it's an age thing and to do with growing up?

In my youth we used to tell racist jokes and ones about spastics (as the term was at the time). I'm not sure when homosexuality was decriminalised but it was relatively recent.

My Mum was a nurse in the special clinic. Nowadays I think it is simply called the sexual health clinic. They had a special session for male homosexuals and obviously she met and got to know many. She talked about them in the same way as she talked about anyone and opened my eyes to the fact they are just people.

The prejudices I grew up with as a youngster have been knocked down one by one, we don't hide handicapped children away anymore, racism in my experience is no longer tolerated (I know that may depend on where you live) and we no longer lock up homosexuals. All good stuff.

RoxyMoronic
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Hidden transgenders M-F
Posted: 2/17/2018 7:35:59 AM
My pa is the last bastion of ‘old school’ thinking that I know.
He once referred to my job as ‘pocket money’. In his day many women did work for little money in little jobs to supplement the mans income.
I was hurt by his remark and felt I had to explain my job keeps me fed, housed, clothed etc, hardly pocket money.
I find myself biting my lip sometimes, taking the easy way out instead of challenging him.
The younger members of our family are less tolerant of it.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Hidden transgenders M-F
Posted: 2/17/2018 7:41:11 AM
I meet loads of people. I find the cut off for male old school is 70 years upwards.

My family would have starved if my Mum hadn't worked bloody hard. Your Dad would get a real telling off if she had ever met your Dad and he'd said that.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Hidden transgenders M-F
Posted: 2/17/2018 7:58:19 AM
That’s thing Chap, my ma later in life ended up in a higher paid job, earning a lot more than he was.
He’s 82 now, I can’t see him changing.
He’s overall a compassionate, caring father but clearly a product of his time.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Hidden transgenders M-F
Posted: 2/17/2018 8:16:59 AM
The thing with gender issues and sexuality issues is that they are not boxes to put people in. The same can be said of physical sexual identity. No-one is physically in form or mentally 100% male or 100% female. Between the polarities is a very long line. It's what makes us individuals. Prejudices and discrimination come from social groups, not individuals.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 64
Hidden transgenders M-F
Posted: 2/17/2018 9:42:04 AM
Whilst we're on this subject, I see Center Parcs
have gone all pc & taken their advertising away
from the Daily Fail.
Apparently someone saw Littlejohns comments
the other day & threw a hissy fit.
- I'm forced to wonder how many transgender clients
they really think they get in a year - or are they simply
looking for ways to cut the advertising budget?
........bored now..........

NewYorker58
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Hidden transgenders M-F
Posted: 2/17/2018 10:13:11 AM
Roxy, nothing you can do about your dad, as he is a product of his time, but that also unfortunately means he won't appreciate you being self-sufficient and judges women being successful by if they have a man.

Anyone see "The Imitation Game"? It's a brilliant movie about Alan Turig and his team trying to break the German's enigma code. He was a genius. He was also gay with his life coming to a horrible end because of that. Benedict Cumberbach gave a brilliant performance as Alan Turig. I highly recommend this movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2084970/
 rekirked
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Hidden transgenders M-F
Posted: 2/17/2018 11:05:39 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Douglas-Scott-Montagu,_3rd_Baron_Montagu_of_Beaulieu#Sexuality

Lord Montagu was bi and hounded all his life, even falsely accused of abusing a 14 yr old boy scout in 1953 (which he denied and was subsequently acquitted of and the boys concerned in later life said it was all nonsense). The establishment witch hunt finally got him a year later in 1954 for "consensual homosexual offences", he was jailed for 12 months.

The whole scandal never left him, every time he'd pop up in the local paper for something charitable people would hurl abuse at him about the whole boy scout thing, it was horrible.

Somehow he remained dignified and rose above it all, all credit to him.

I'm bi, my dad is 82 and has no idea. Sometimes when he's ranting about "poofs" i struggle to maintain my composure but he is what he is.
 Jacknher
Msg: 67
Hidden transgenders M-F
Posted: 2/17/2018 12:37:28 PM
It's not just an age thing though.

We lost my dad about 6 weeks ago. He had just turned 91 years of age, had been very religious his whole adult life, and had been a Methodist preacher while he was still young enough to drive.
He was also the nicest, kindest, most tolerant person I have ever met. I never heard him use the word "poof" or any other insulting terms of that ilk. I never heard him say anything racist. I never heard him make any derogatory remarks about other religions.

He grew up poor though and spent his life scrimping and saving to make sure each one of us would have a deposit on a house when the time came for us to settle down.
If one of us (his children or his grandchildren) had grown up to be gamblers or druggies and squandered our money.........THAT would have been way more disappointing to him than if one of us had grown up to be gay or bi. And he certainly didn't care what race or religion we chose to marry.
 Jacknher
Msg: 68
Hidden transgenders M-F
Posted: 2/17/2018 12:59:09 PM
And while I remember Roxy's story bought this to mind lol

Years ago in Oz when I was in my mid 30s I owned a nice little shop for a few years. It was a Post Office Agency, Sub Newsagency, stationary, gifts, and sweet shop.

One day an older gentleman salesman came in with his large case full of samples of whatever it was he was trying to sell.

He looked me up and down and said "Is the owner here?".
I said "I am the owner"
He then looked around as if he was looking for someone else and said "Is your husband here?"
I said "There is no husband. I!!!! am the owner".
He looked quite disbelieving for a few seconds, had another good look around, and then started to lift his case up onto the counter. Till I told him not to bother opening his case.....that I had no interest in anything he might be selling......and that he should just be on his way.

He gave me a look that suggested such unreasonable behaviour on my part was exactly why women shouldn't be running businesses......and headed back out to his car. I'd like to think he might have learnt something from the encounter....but I very much doubt it.
 rekirked
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Hidden transgenders M-F
Posted: 2/17/2018 1:30:11 PM

I'd like to think he might have learnt something from the encounter....but I very much doubt it.

He was the one flogging crap out of a suitcase door to door, you were the one who owned a shop. Sounds like he only had himself to blame.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Hidden transgenders M-F
Posted: 2/17/2018 1:45:39 PM
When you're selling something, it's wise to not speak of your personal beliefs. If anything, you want to show you have a common bond.

Speaking of preconceived notions, I took my hubby out to dinner when I was married. The waitress was being flirty with him, and when she came with the check, she looks at him and says, "I hope you enjoyed your meal". Completely ignored me. She's lucky I was in a good mood and tipped her, but I only have her 15%, when I tip more. I laughed about it later with the ex, saying what about me, doesn't it matter if I enjoyed my meal☺

Many celebrities don't speak of their personal life, so that it doesn't turn people off who are of different beliefs, and then hurt them at the box office.
 Squareslice
Msg: 71
Hidden transgenders M-F
Posted: 2/17/2018 3:49:33 PM
Last year, at Download, the bright sparks of the PC brigade running it decided to make the showers genfer neutral.
Lasted an entire day. There were near riots due to men perving on the women
I was nearest steward n just politely pointed them towards the info area to complain.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Hidden transgenders M-F
Posted: 2/17/2018 5:09:23 PM
Making bathrooms gender neutral has been a big issue in the states. They were simply saying anyone could use any bathroom. The way the ladies rooms are set up, the doors starts a foot or more up from the bottom of the floor and you can easily see into the stall by looking in the sides of the doors, so I am not in agreement with gender-neutral bathrooms. Also, it should be stated that a bathroom is gender neutral which would give a woman the decision whether she wanted to enter it, which now makes women inconvenienced when they are out instead of transgender people, so there was no real solution there.
 rekirked
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Hidden transgenders M-F
Posted: 2/17/2018 5:42:30 PM
Can't we just have a door that says "bog" on it? who cares who uses it.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
 et_non
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Hidden transgenders M-F
Posted: 2/17/2018 6:39:09 PM

The thing with gender issues and sexuality issues is that they are not boxes to put people in. The same can be said of physical sexual identity. No-one is physically in form or mentally 100% male or 100% female. Between the polarities is a very long line.

Here orange, how do you measure an open dynamic system without isolating the system.
What's the deal with randomized sampling, punctuated equilibrium and proxy variable modelling?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Hidden transgenders M-F
Posted: 2/17/2018 6:46:24 PM
Kirk, my feeling is they can't be used, as is, for everyone, because you can see into stalls by simply walking past them. There's no privacy.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Hidden transgenders M-F