Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 harleycwgrl74
Msg: 78
older guys younger women Page 2 of 32    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32)

A very young woman dating a much older man is looking for security, to be taken care of... typically financially

I am so offended by this comment.
As I have stated previously the reasons I am attracted to older men, it has nothing to do with being "taken care of financially". If I wanted that I wouldn't be here I would be on sugardaddy dot com.
Just because a woman or man is attracted to someone of different ages doesnt necessarily have to do with finances, performance, mid life crisis or youth searching, it may just be they click.
 Seavoyage
Msg: 79
view profile
History
older guys younger women
Posted: 7/23/2007 8:20:09 PM
Let's start with what you should rule out. You should not date a minor no matter how old you are as an adult even if you are 19 and she is 16 unless you are in a country like Canada or in Europe where that's fine. You should be careful about dating women who are 20-25 in my opinion. They tend to be less stable than the older ones. If you're going to date someone who is 23 and you're 38 which might be stretching it at 38 she should be pretty mature. I think at 38 the youngest you should go is say 25, but it all depends on the woman and how mature she is and willing to accept you to go out with her. I think a 30 year old would be pretty open a 38 year old. I like girls in their mid 20s to say 32, but it is not all about the number.
 tick tock
Msg: 81
view profile
History
older guys younger women
Posted: 7/24/2007 9:55:49 AM
People are looing for differnt things at differnt ages. A very young woman dating a much older man is looking for security, to be taken care of... typically financially. She may also be looking for a more stable and successful man to have children with. Often older men sem to be looking to "regain" some aspect of youth and starting a second family often provides them with that, especially if they were to busy bulding their financial success int he first half their lives to attend tot their first wife and set of kids.

An older woman with a much younger man is in my mind typically looking for someone who can "perform." Or she may be jaded by older men who have rejected her because they are in a mid life crisis. Younger men are often less experienced and more willing to take instruction (from what I've heard). Frankly I do not get the huge age disparaty thing. It seems like the relationship would be more equal the closer you are in age. But I do find older men (within13 years) to be very interesting... usually becasue they are done playing games and have fewer hang ups... I just observe and talk to my girlfriends, I am no dating pro after all. Maybe someday I will be LOL.

Talk about an unbiased perspective! Let me spell it out for you...men will date younger women for exactly the same reasons that you listed for older women dating younger men. Younger women generally are more physically appealing, they still have a zest for life and are not jaded or burdened with rugrats, issues, etc, etc. I also like how you try discredit the notion that a younger woman can god forbid actually be attracted to an older man. You would much rather believe that these younger women are motivated by financial security than actually being attracted to a distinguished or sophisticated older gentleman for his physical features or wealth of experience or knowledge. Let me tell you, I worked with and went to university with many women who dated older men (some even dated professors) and it was always an attraction to either their looks or their intelligence and wisdom...or some combination of both.
 Tonyrocks
Msg: 82
view profile
History
older guys younger women
Posted: 7/25/2007 12:44:00 AM
Hey I’m not knocking ya! Hell I don’t even know ya, we live in a very politically correct world and that’s great and I support it but the world has become toooo politically correct. Believe me I’m not generalizing its fact and a statistic in numbers, I’m 32 and I’ve lived in down town Toronto my entire life and I can tell you that younger women have turned me down waaayyyy more then older women have. It’s got nothing to do with maturity and all about sex drive and there’s nothing wrong with that. Oh and its great that you were working and making money and had a drivers license by the time you were 18 but lets keep on topic this is about attraction and sex not who got there license first at 16.
 Tonyrocks
Msg: 83
view profile
History
older guys younger women
Posted: 7/25/2007 8:15:49 PM
Oh yea? well Im 32 an older man and I KNOW YOU THINK IM AN IDIOTIC INFANTILE SO THERES NO PLEASING YOU. And dont play coy with me you cant say that your a 29 year old virgin? you dated guys who were 18 and younger in your more lustrous days so please......okay BONA DEA?

capegardengirl
Msg: 84
older guys younger women
Posted: 7/25/2007 10:06:05 PM
I really think it depends on ones life circumstances...Im 45, never married and attracted to those men younger than me or just my age...Men older than me are preoccipied with raising their teen children and cant put a relationship first like a younger man with no children would be able to...Im also active and find older men are more sedentary as they grow older..Then theres also the generation gap...Older men tend to expect women to be more traditional...like their ex wives or mother was to them and thats definitely not me!
 Tonyrocks
Msg: 89
view profile
History
older guys younger women
Posted: 7/28/2007 1:57:47 AM
HA! You assumed I was in my twenties I dont know if I should take offence or say Thankyou, as for you I also read your profil and all I can say is WOW! You have more dislikes then any stat that Ive read, and your looking to: talk/email with a guy and nothing else WELL THATS FOR SURE. I followed your threads youve been making in other forums and it looks like my effort paid off to proove my theory. I cant belive there are guys apoligising to you for there opions like MR X. You counter males who speak out and you shut them down, and you get them to say sorry. WELL I GOT NEW FOR YOU SISTER IT AINT GOING TO HAPPEN WITH ME. Oh and the pic of your pet BAT questions if your the one doing DRUGS.
 iamherewhereru
Msg: 90
older guys younger women
Posted: 7/28/2007 12:51:24 PM
hey u go girl. same here i am 22, and love datein older guys, hey u in ontatio, so am i, we should double date sometime girl lol. link me tho ttyl bye.
 2 girls short of a 3some
Msg: 91
older guys younger women
Posted: 7/28/2007 3:13:43 PM
I don't see this occurrence in society much anymore ( well not where I live ). In fact on experience I have been told by women 5 years younger than I - that I am too old or more than a few occasions - which is fair enough everyone has a right to a preference.

I see more women say 30-35 dating 20 year old males than anything else

Older man and Younger woman is still accepted in eastern Europe - in fact women there prefer a man who is about 10 years older but in the west it is a "no-no"

A mid twenties woman sees a man in his mid thirties as more settled, worldly , financially secure etc etc etc and family orientated then one her own age
 harleycwgrl74
Msg: 92
older guys younger women
Posted: 7/29/2007 11:12:14 AM
Hey I am 32 and I prefer my men 10+ years older!!
 kart71
Msg: 93
older guys younger women
Posted: 7/29/2007 3:47:38 PM
I am 35 and date women 24 to 30.Still want children
 bisexual4u
Msg: 96
view profile
History
older guys younger women
Posted: 8/1/2007 8:53:14 PM
i like the older guys my man is 41 and i dont care what people think about that if they have somthing wrong well there is the door its only a number so dint worry what people think i dont
 brandy7
Msg: 97
older guys younger women
Posted: 8/1/2007 10:38:29 PM
my son's father is 13 years older than me, and in the end it got to be too much.
from personal experience I can say that eventually the novelty wears off and when it does, there will be some issues. I really think 10 yrs is the maximum age gap for an effective rltshp (between either sex), and that 1-5 year difference is optimal. when you start getting more of a gap than that, your experiences of the world are too divergent and.... there's always the risk of it turning into more of a parent-child rltshp, which is creepy for both parties.

that's just an opinion, but I have to say that when I see a 38 year old man post that he is looking for women 18-38, I skip over it right away. not because I'm intimidated by younger girls, but because I think the man is probably quite lacking in maturity. no offense to young girls!
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 98
older guys younger women
Posted: 8/2/2007 2:42:29 AM
~OT~ I was 9 years older than my last long term relationship. I was 8 years older than the only man I've met/dated since. Today ~ the man that makes me feel the most comfortable is about a year older. I re-evaluated and my age-appropriate numbers narrowed to about a two year margin. 40 or so to 45. A couple years either way. I'd prefer one within a year of me. Same time zone sort of mentality. At least for me.
 69_dude
Msg: 99
older guys younger women
Posted: 8/2/2007 6:22:17 AM
for me when I was younger 5 years either way was good... as I get older I can go 10 years either way... the fact of the matter is that if I am dating someone 10 years younger or older I should have some common ground... anything else and I may end up trying too hard!
 olddog64
Msg: 103
older guys younger women
Posted: 8/3/2007 8:50:07 PM
if its wrong who wants to be right i ride harley i always have girls in there 20s iam43 made me do them
 studplayrico
Msg: 109
view profile
History
older guys younger women
Posted: 8/6/2007 3:04:18 PM
I think 38 is not old, and I would date a woman younger than me. I don't think is wrong
I just don't want to end like Catherine Zeta-Jones husband(25 years apart)
 A_Cool_Guy
Msg: 110
view profile
History
older guys younger women
Posted: 8/7/2007 2:56:51 PM
What really defines age? One's choronical age may differ to how old a person feels like and how you relate with people in a particular chronological age. Suppose you are older but identify with the yonger crowd?
 JUSTTOHOLDYOU
Msg: 111
older guys younger women
Posted: 9/7/2007 3:53:57 AM
Hi it`s not a big deal when my dad married my mum he was 31 and shes was 16 and they were married for 44 years so if 2 people click what`s the problem.
 2 girls short of a 3some
Msg: 114
older guys younger women
Posted: 10/16/2007 12:25:46 AM
older men and younger women

well if its more than a 5 year difference it is socially frowned upon and a taboo in our modern times

Any man with a woman 10 + years younger than himself is labled a "dirty old **stard"
 jeeprennie
Msg: 115
older guys younger women
Posted: 10/16/2007 6:50:07 AM
I always prefered women younger than me because they seemed less prudish and "settled" than women my own age. My new wife is younger than me and we're very happy. If an older man wants a younger woman or vice versa, good luck to them, and its really nobody's business but their own.
 whenyer_strange
Msg: 117
older guys younger women
Posted: 10/17/2007 10:55:45 AM
I don't think anyone is really concerned as long as both people are of a legal age. The people that might make comments....well, it's not their relationship, so who cares what they think. The only ones that annoy be are those that have to have a set younger age. For example, one who is in his 50's demanding that he has a 20 year old girl, because he thinks women his age are ugly and all used up. That is some sad reasoning there. If a person fits, great. Some though will go a large chunk of their lifetimes alone because they can't figure out why they can't get that cute 20-something to go out with them. You can pursue that, but no one is "owed" the type of person they want to be with. I guess technically the reasoning doesn't even matter, a person can pursue whatever type of person they want. Some of the attitudes people present with age are annoying, but those are the types that insult anyone that doesn't fit their "type."
 tall.cold.1
Msg: 118
older guys younger women
Posted: 10/17/2007 9:40:41 PM
It really depends on the 2 people involved. It could work out. Me personally, I wouldn't go for most women around my age because most of them have been married and divorced and have kids to show for it. I'd rather have my own kids, thank you very much. And when I get married, I want a woman under 30 so we could at least have a few years to ourselves before having kids, and she would still be of child-bearing age.

My experience, however, have been that many Western women who are in their early to mid 20s are age-phobic when it comes to men in their mid 30s and above, but women from Eastern European, Asian, and Latin American countries don't seem to mind so much.
 2 girls short of a 3some
Msg: 121
older guys younger women
Posted: 10/20/2007 12:46:58 AM
The younger women try to set you up with their mother
 Herding_Cats
Msg: 122
older guys younger women
Posted: 10/20/2007 1:24:05 AM

The younger women try to set you up with their mother

And then what? Mommy realizes she doesn't want you either?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >