Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tick tock
Msg: 185
view profile
History
older guys younger women Page 3 of 32    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32)
Christina, you have managed to sidetrack this conversation nicely. As a woman, you should know better since you know how much work you women have to put in to create the illusion of beauty. Every day you have to spend some time to apply your face and this process only increases as you age. In other words, women only appear to age better to you because they attempt to cover up their aging process with vats of makeup and dye. It would be funny to take 10 women and 10 men in their 40's and not let anyone apply any form of cosmetics for a month and see which group looks older by the end. Pretty sure I know the answer to that one.

As for men aging worse because they "die younger", that's just silly. The old men you referred to in the nursing homes lived in a time when men were the only breadwinners and had to bust their arse to provide for their families. Times have changed now and we'll see what toll that being in the workplace will have on women's life expectancy. Already we are seeing some of the adverse affects, like an increasing number of women taking up smoking. Time will tell.
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 188
older guys younger women
Posted: 9/24/2008 9:40:58 AM
christinafromboca77,

I have to cut you some slack. I've been to Florida many times, and my mother and sister live there. Good looking women far outnumber the decent looking men there. (Maybe some soap and water would help.) How that happened, I don't know. My sis complains about it all the time. She can't wait to get back to NC... Where the reverse seems to be true.

I'm thinking about trading places with her. Not that I expect to improve the gene pool or anything. lol
 tick tock
Msg: 189
view profile
History
older guys younger women
Posted: 9/24/2008 10:46:55 AM
Yes Christina, I sent the pictures that you requested when you emailed me cause you were upset and wanted to see my pictures to back up my statements in the forums. Too funny! Lol! Funny you should say that when I look younger than any woman or man that graduated with me from my high school. Tsk tsk...never let anger shroud your judgement.

Anyway, as for your comment about what you wear in terms of makeup and cosmetics, you are obviously not the norm and you do not represent the majority of women out there. They do wear all of these things, hence the multibillion dollar industry that caters to women. I don't get what your point was? That would be like me saying that I'm not overweight nor do I have a beer belly so you have no argument about middle age men being overweight. Also, I did say in one of my previous posts that the cosmetic enhancements doesn't really hide a woman's age...it helps by knocking off a few years, but it is still is obvious they are older. Read carefully before you comment.

As for women outliving men, that has been the case because men have traditionally worked while women stayed home. Now that we are seeing women entering the workforce in almost equal numbers, it will be interesting to see how that changes in the future. If you truly understood science, you would understand that these are all contributing factors and that statistics can change over time and that this debate has yet to be determined.

Cheers,

Tick

PS. Well...I'm off on my trip, but can't wait to see what other absurd statements you'll make when I return on Monday.
 Skipe Townne
Msg: 202
older guys younger women
Posted: 9/27/2008 5:46:41 AM
NO WAY, NOT WRONG & Never to old. The younger woman must be of legal age or there could be trouble. "Ticketoride" message #4 has a good answer. "Red Devil" message #208 is most correct.

Here's my take of this because it applies to me today. Yours truly having just crossed the magic threshold of 60 has been there & done that recently with a 13, & 17 year younger women and It's all in the communicating & degree of maturity of the 2 persons. We had fun & it was all good & I'm gonna keep dating them soon. Right after I get released from the intensive coronary care ward. All the laughing, dancing & making out depleted my pacemaker batteries. Yes my e_mail inbox is full..
 ccdoesdd
Msg: 205
older guys younger women
Posted: 9/27/2008 4:16:13 PM
I wonder what two people with such a wide age gap could have in common? S-E-X or M-O-N-E-Y. ...is all that comes to mind.
 Skipe Townne
Msg: 234
older guys younger women
Posted: 10/5/2008 2:00:54 AM
wadda know, i checked my phish mail this am & find a charming letter from a 33 year old coed wanting to meet me!! WTF. Yea i know i'm just an animal, or actually still a juvenile delinquent @ heart. It must be something in my POF verbiage. "to be continued" . one must be very careful here or one may find one's self banished to camel country & singing only the high notes. seriously i know from experience that when two click & spark, laughing & enjoying each others company this imaginary age barrier melts away.
 WanderingRain
Msg: 242
view profile
History
older guys younger women
Posted: 11/26/2008 10:52:56 PM
I find that people who are against an older person dating someone much younger are mostly just jealous. Yeah, don't you wish it was YOU?
I've gotten over this so when I see a couple with a huge age gap, I say "good on ya"! Live life, enjoy love!
 tick tock
Msg: 244
view profile
History
older guys younger women
Posted: 11/27/2008 1:14:59 PM
I can't believe we have to apply a mathematical formula to our dating preferences...lol. One should never care about what others think. It's your life and these supposedly hard-and-fast rules spat out by busybodies should never dictate where you find your happiness...or lack thereof. As long as it is legal and you're both happy with one another, then power to ya!
 Aelwulf
Msg: 250
older guys younger women
Posted: 12/1/2008 2:23:48 AM
I typically try to stick with a 10 year window as it seems to work well enough overall (yes, the window always closed at 18 :P ). I have noticed that lately I seem to get along with/date those in the 22-25 range more often, I'm not sure why. My last was 28 so maybe that's shifting. Before that it was 24 & 22 for long-term relationships. Mind you I also saw someone who was 32 for a couple of months when I was 24 so it's gone both ways. I just seem to prefer someone who is old/mature enough to be in control of their lives but not so old as to not be willing to just go out and have fun because as many older women I've met seem to be whether it's because of kids or just lack of inclination to do so.

So no, I wouldn't say it's wrong. I'd just sya keep in mind the maturity bit that I'm sure has been mentioned over & over by now. It's your life, if your one is 10+ years younger (or older) than so be it. I will say my older cap is shrinking lately but I think that's because I'll admit I would like a kid or two of my own and I'm not sure I want myself or my other to be pushing 60 at the high school graduation, sorry if that sounds shallow.
 Shortyinabox
Msg: 254
older guys younger women
Posted: 12/23/2008 3:37:30 PM
I actually don't have a problem dating older men. I have set myself a limit, though. I will date tops 16 years older than myself. Only because someone over 16 years older than me is closer to my mother's age than my own and she is single as well.

I have dated men in their 30s having been only 18 years old. I didn't see a problem with it. I am not like most people my age, and often get mistaken for being in the 30s age range as well. Though only because of intellect and not because of appearance.

I think that even if the age of consent is low, only people 18 and older can decide whatever age groups they want to date. And it's the rule I've stuck with forever. It's worked well for me. The best bonds I've had were with people older than me. Those my age felt younger and not mature enough to handle me.

It's all a personal taste, really.
 Riverkilt
Msg: 257
view profile
History
older guys younger women
Posted: 12/25/2008 4:38:00 PM
Linear concepts of age don't mean much in relationships. Many of us wouldn't be here if our parents/grandparents/some other ancestor hadn't hooked up with someone much older.

Have been fortunate to date much younger women - up to 20 years younger but have also enjoyed dating older women, up to 15 years older.

Its the human connection between the two people that is important.

Some younger women seem to seek/appreciate the "experience" an older man offers that boys her aged haven't learned yet. Usually a huge difference between the romantic, sensual, woman-pleasing loving that an experienced man can offer and the "Hey baby lets do it! Hop on -hop off" of a younger man.

Should have saved it, but years ago read a magazine article titled something to the effect of, So You Really Want To Date A Younger Woman? Then it went on to dealing with the ways of a different generation...was written for humor and it was hilarious.

Of course its the lady who makes the decision. There have been a few wonderful younger ladies in my life that sadly stuck to linear concepts of age rather than our connection - or maybe I misread the connection - either way, nothing developed. But that's their right/choice.

And, there's aways some fear of being thought of as a perv when approaching a younger woman about developing a relationship, even if there is a good connection.
 Xiaoma71
Msg: 261
view profile
History
older guys younger women
Posted: 1/11/2009 4:40:41 AM
Just my random thoughs about this man/woman aging difference.

I do believe men age better than women. Honestly I see a lot more overweight women than men, and most women in their 40s have more wrinkles than men in their 50s. It is possible american women care more about their looks, I was never been in the US, but here in the "old europe" only rich women care about look after 30, and they expect to date very rich men anyway, so out of reach for my wallet...

I have known women in their 30s looking like my mom, and I will never date them. I guess immature boys can be attracted by a mother-like figure (Oedipus say something...) but that is not my case. I'm a normal looking man, I expect to date a normal looking girl. That's all.

It is true a woman has to care more about looks, because it is the main "selling point" in the dating arena. Most men are more impressed by the physical side, while most women look more to the social side (like job, wealth, charisma, etc...). So it is natural for men to improve what can give them more success with women, even if this means caring less about looks. But if a middle aged bald overweight man think to himself as "still good looking" he is just plain silly. Most men are more realistic about looks than women.
 Xiaoma71
Msg: 262
view profile
History
older guys younger women
Posted: 1/11/2009 6:21:23 AM
You know the story... the grapes out of reach are not ripe yet... LOL

You cannot accept the fact some men actually prefer a firm body and a smooth skin, noo, it has to be some psycho-pathological issue. Of course the fact the kind of men who can attract hot young girls are the most good looking and wealthy has nothing to do with your lonely granny rants. Envy is a bad beast, let me tell you this.

If your post had more than 1% truth, then you should be happy about the evil young seductress taking aways the old garbage, so you are left with the handsome mature stable and smart men who can appreciate you. And since it seems your main target.. the well endowed love machines. Good luck!
 Xiaoma71
Msg: 263
view profile
History
older guys younger women
Posted: 1/11/2009 6:27:35 AM
Oops sorry people.. didn't know the original message I was answering to didn't appear in the reply. Let's make things clear.. I'm 37 y.o.man who prefer girls younger than me, even if I don't go cradle snatching (20 y.o. is too young for me)

One thing I find extremely annoying about older women (luckily not all) is the constant whining about men, accusing them of the most improbable things. I have bad news for you women... you believe you perfectly know men's mind, but you are mostly wrong. I've seen a lot of women unable to see the difference between reality and the most crazy fantasies about men.
 kpooks
Msg: 265
view profile
History
older guys younger women
Posted: 1/11/2009 9:47:12 PM
No more than a 10-year age gap is generally a good policy, unless you have lots to talk about and happen to be on the same "page" in life (and, lastly, happen to be attracted to each other). If two people are bored and lonely, looking for some excitement and passion, as long as their health and lifestyles are similar, then age doesn't matter. I know I'm healthier than a lot of bar-hopping 20-year-old alcoholics.
 wicked smile
Msg: 268
older guys younger women
Posted: 1/19/2009 3:54:58 AM
Ain't it grand?

When I was 32 I dated two gals who were 40.

On my 36 birthday, a gal I tried to date a few years before, showed up and said thanks for throwing her a party. We have the same birthday, she was turning 25.

Since then, the young ones approach me. Young women are like guys used to be 20 years ago. I find it refreshing and they are often, well-read, well-researched and well-versed in life. Kids are far more sophisticated now than 30 years ago. In only figures they will be "full on" by their early 20's.

And my observation is gals over (generally) 34 are on the full court press asking "the 20 questions", especially during the early stages of a relationship. The time I'm figuring out whether or not we can have fun together. It's a real "Buzz-killer".
 SummerWarmth
Msg: 269
older guys younger women
Posted: 1/22/2009 12:12:20 PM
My last girlfriend was 22 yrs younger. We were together 3 yrs and for the most part had a great time. The girlfriend b4 that was 11 yrs younger and we are still friends today. I have tried dating my own age with great failure. It seems after 45 women just get "old" mentally. All they want to talk about is there kids or grandkids. Its like there own life up and died. Another pieve is that they also seem to decide that keeping slim and trim is to tough, being playful is an effort, and dressing appropriatly sexy is taboo. I much prefer someone who has maintained her youthful figue, attitude and playfulness!..................and I have never had trouble keeping up physically or socially.
 Puppydog54
Msg: 275
older guys younger women
Posted: 1/28/2009 12:52:10 PM
I have always been attracted to younger women. My attitude is... if two people like each other and enjoy each others' company, age doesn't matter (within reason, of course. An 80 year old man with a 20 year old girl might be pushing things! lol)
 *ScorpioSweetiepie*
Msg: 276
older guys younger women
Posted: 1/28/2009 10:32:31 PM
Good question! For myself personally I prefer an older man. Not more than 13 years older though.
Oh. And taller than me too. 6 ft is perfect! Lol

Just my thoughts

Lol. Kinda feel like I just placed an order. Ha ha
 barbee1970
Msg: 277
older guys younger women
Posted: 1/28/2009 10:37:28 PM
Yes, as long as they are not under 18. When I was 21, married a 34 yr old man. I never saw anything wrong with it. I wouldn't date grand pappy though. That's a little too old.
 cfb62
Msg: 280
view profile
History
older guys younger women
Posted: 2/2/2009 10:26:41 AM
You're a pedophile.
 tick tock
Msg: 281
view profile
History
older guys younger women
Posted: 2/2/2009 10:55:14 AM
^ like those women on Sex in the City?
 prof48
Msg: 282
older guys younger women
Posted: 2/2/2009 11:01:52 AM
You're a pedophile.

Whoa!!!!!! Lets be careful about misusing terms-especially legal ones.
The dictionary definition of Pedophilia: "An adult, usually male, who is sexually attracted to prepubescent children. Derived from the Greek paedeia (child) and philos (love.) " Someone older than 18 is legally no longer a child. Someone whose mind and body has reached adulthood is no longer a child. Suggesting that they are, directly or indirectly, seems to me to be highly insulting.
The love of two adults, no matter how great the age difference is NOT pedophilia. Whether they have anything in common is another question. I can point out the 86 year old Chinese nobel Physicist who married a 28 year old. The public evidence suggests that marriage is working fine. Fifteen years earlier when she still had a child's mind, it would be pedophilia. Once her mind matures to adulthood and she can engage in an adult relationship, whatever else we might feel, accusing the older of liking to have sex with children when the relationship is between two ADULTS diminishes the very real horror of pedophilia.

And by the way, I'm more likely to have a lot in common with another professional in my field 20 years my junior than I am with some high school graduate my own age. What consists of common ground depends on what is important to you. For me dating someone lacking a college degree, or at least strong academic interests, would mean we had little common interest no matter what the age.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 284
older guys younger women
Posted: 2/2/2009 5:57:28 PM

Whoa!!!!!! Lets be careful about misusing terms-especially legal ones.

Whoa is right!!! (That comment was so wrong on soooo many levels.)

~OT~ I'm most comfortable within a couple of years (of my own age) in either direction. Today, it's more likely that I'd meet someone older than someone younger (younger than 40 that is) ~ I guess I've realized my own age.
 wicked smile
Msg: 288
older guys younger women
Posted: 2/15/2009 12:57:04 AM
Gals today are so mature and forward, they're like guys were 20 years ago.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >