Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lilian76
Msg: 344
view profile
History
older guys younger women Page 5 of 32    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32)
IT IS VERY OK AS LONG AS THE RELATION IS HAPPY FOR BOTH OF YOU.
My most wonderfull relation was with a guy 10 years older then me and with a very diffrent background[he is asian and i am european].When there are strong feelings and respect everything else come easy.Misunderstandings are possible at any age , eyes should be open...but it is worth to try.
 HuskerEaglesfan
Msg: 346
view profile
History
older guys younger women
Posted: 4/10/2010 9:40:33 AM
I'm right there with you. I will ONLY date younger women.
 HuskerEaglesfan
Msg: 347
view profile
History
older guys younger women
Posted: 4/10/2010 9:45:24 AM
GFW....I ask the same question?
 HuskerEaglesfan
Msg: 348
view profile
History
older guys younger women
Posted: 4/10/2010 9:50:42 AM
Dude...you just a player and a dog.
 HuskerEaglesfan
Msg: 349
view profile
History
older guys younger women
Posted: 4/10/2010 9:56:03 AM
Hit me up and lets talk
 good_catch77
Msg: 356
older guys younger women
Posted: 4/19/2010 8:08:04 AM
I will not judge women for wanting younger men as long as they do not judge me for wanting younger women. Because if they do then it is a double standard.
 Big_fun_wave
Msg: 357
older guys younger women
Posted: 4/30/2010 4:09:17 PM
**** no! As long as their not minors it's allright according to law. And besides, if theres attraction (especially mutual) that says plenty. Age is only a barrier if we allow it to be.
 Want_You_2010
Msg: 360
older guys younger women
Posted: 5/10/2010 12:10:56 PM
Oh how the times have changed. Being 41 and single, I honestly never thought it would be this bad. But more and more women 35+ prefer men in thier 20's and 30's. It amazes me how so many women have nothing good to say about men over 40. All you hear is stereotypes and assumptions. I wish i knew before I was to hit 40 thatI was going to viewed as: Not good enough, crappy in bed, selfish, set in my ways, not being able to keep up, no fun. All because of a handful or less of guys that are this way, so many women my age paint us with the same brush. It really amazes me that when men do that, they are bashed, but when women do that they are said to be "Telling it like it is"
Give me a woman closer to my age and I would love it. But seems most want early 30's and younger. Damn I missed the boat LOL.
 Want_You_2010
Msg: 365
older guys younger women
Posted: 6/7/2010 10:48:22 PM
Unfortunately we are labelled Pigs, perverts and Dirty Old Men dating women much younger. It is more acceptable for women to date much younger and be labelled a cougar. At least the name they are labelled with isn't so bad sounding as the ones women label us with.
 friendneeded100
Msg: 370
older guys younger women
Posted: 7/8/2010 3:55:04 PM
Because woman make the rules lol
 Want_You_2010
Msg: 378
older guys younger women
Posted: 7/20/2010 4:36:42 PM
The thing is that so many younger guys give older women so much attention, that these older women think that us older men are useless. Just because your egos get a nice stroke and boost doesn't mean we guys need to hear how amazing younger guys are and how boring us older guys are.
As for the set in your ways comment so many say. I never knew women do not get set in their ways. It is only men who do? Since when did it become a gender thing? Basically older women like it when they can call the shots and not have to "compromise" doing things. The "life experiences" thing does not hold much water. But I guess to the younger men it does?
I have talked to/met many women 35+ and most of them seem to have this bitterness towards men that are their age or older. But interestingly they do not seem to say anything negative about younger men. So younger men are more perfect? Seems we men get the bashing when we pursue younger and get the bashing no matter what by the women our age or older who compliment younger men and not us.
So why do you ladies seem to be all against guys dating younger women but are ok with the older women dating younger men?
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 381
older guys younger women
Posted: 7/21/2010 9:33:53 AM

So why do you ladies seem to be all against guys dating younger women but are ok with the older women dating younger men?

I'm ALL for men my age dating younger women. I think it's more than appropriate, since I prefer men younger than my own self. (Mind you, I have a VERY narrow age-appropriate-for-me preference.)

I will say there are two notions “older women” perpetuate which is “look good for our age” and “life experience”. Thing is both are so highly subjective as to their desirability or “worth” they become a distant concern if they even ever play a role in determining someone’s “attractiveness” to us. Being “older” myself I see women going to extraordinary lengths making themselves look good from the neck up which they seem to believe is all it takes to claim “I look good...” Okay fair enough---photos and low lighting is always our best friend!

Where's your full body picture? (Or any picture for that matter???)

This thing about “life experience” has many many times translated into a huge does of “knowitall-itis”. Poster Hey You makes a good point in that this “life experience” might impress younger dates but when it becomes the Knowitall thing it turns everyone off—eventually if not immediately. He also makes a good point that SOME women do in fact arrive at 35+ with some degree of bitterness but call it caution, wary, or experienced in men therefore “won’t ever again settle....” While that phrase alone speaks volumes about a woman it is a warning to potential dates there is a state of mind in play that will affect how well things do or do not go with her.

There are a million things that come into play and affect how well things do or do not go between two people. My personal opinion is that the men I choose to meet better have the "I will not settle...." attitude. Who on earth wants to be the person someone "settles" for??

I’m sure there is also a large degree of “older women” wanting to call the shots, especially if they’ve never before exerted their independence---a common over reaction or compensation for the past. This debate about age disparities will rage on here forever because it seems to touch a nerve in some people. We’ve all been rejected, dismissed and perhaps even marginalized for any number of things we have no control over. Its worthless to let it affect us and instead date those who willingly want to date us. Seeking someone based upon any one thing tends to be unsatisfying unless we’re so shallow that alone makes us “happy”. You’ll find those who are content with their dating partners do NOT have a mile long list of such ultra-specific “must haves” that even NASA would be impressed with the demands made!

I don't believe MOST people seek just ONE thing in a significant other. Nor do I read any post here which indicates age alone is the reason to date someone or not to date someone. It's simply another factor in the "finding someone special for me" criteria for some. (Some people may find contentment in dating someone just to be dating, but for long term? I can't imagine contentment alone being very fulfilling ~ some may be OK with that, I wouldn't be.)

I myself try dating the person as a whole, not concentrating only on their age etc etc. So far its yielded me quite a few very enjoyable situations that probably rival those “one and done” chemistry required meets and greets that seem to be the staple of the online dating bunch.

That's wonderful. Sounds like your way works for you, doesn't mean your way is the ONLY way or the BEST way for anyone else. I don't meet/greet, so I wouldn't know what that's all about. I can't see any value in that type of meeting, but it does seem to be the way many are comfortable. And that's really all that matters. JMO
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 383
older guys younger women
Posted: 7/21/2010 12:42:24 PM

This thing about “life experience” has many many times translated into a huge does of “knowitall-itis”.

Most definitely. Some think because they're older they know more about pretty much everything about life than someone notably younger. Not the case.

I'm sure there is also a large degree of “older women” wanting to call the shots, especially if they’ve never before exerted their independence---a common over reaction or compensation for the past.

Great insight. I find too many times there's too big of a disparity between younger gals and older women.... you'll find many younger gals being too passive, and comparatively speaking, you'll find many older women being too bossy & anal... which could be a byproduct of them being too passive a couple decades beforehand.
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 384
older guys younger women
Posted: 7/21/2010 1:34:44 PM

Most definitely. Some think because they're older they know more about pretty much everything about life than someone notably younger. Not the case.
When I was around 23-26-ish, I pretty much only dated women that were in their 30s. I just got plain sick of being told "what's up" and what to do all the time, so I went back to my own age group.
However, I now believe that the personality and attitude is more important, and only a small part of that is actually determined by age.
The nice thing about my age group/generation, is that there are real 100% independent women out there who don't get money from the folks and aren't bragging about the fact that they drive an old used car that they paid for "all by myself."
I guess after I got out of my college, immediate post college years, women my age actually became independent, so I could enjoy dating them more. Since I now have independent women my own age, I have no use for dating older women anymore.
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 389
older guys younger women
Posted: 7/23/2010 10:51:50 AM

Well the women my age are not interested in me so I have been left with no choice other than dating and sleeping with young ,nubile very attractive women.
There's probably some that are, since older women tend to date younger guys due to their high energy levels and the fact that most men their age are fat and out of shape. You, however, are anything but out of shape (understatement). Besides, how many guys your age that lay pipe to women in their 20's complain about it?
 BillDeruki
Msg: 390
older guys younger women
Posted: 7/23/2010 3:20:30 PM
Men age like wine.

Women age like milk.

There you have it in a nut shell.
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 393
older guys younger women
Posted: 7/26/2010 8:32:12 AM

It just seems like the younger women seem to be more appreciative of a guy who is good them and respects and treats them well
Sad, right? I mean, I get complimented for opening a door or picking up the first couple tabs. I always thought that was standard, but apparently guys my age suck at doing that. Oh well, makes it easier for me!
 Want_You_2010
Msg: 395
older guys younger women
Posted: 7/28/2010 4:53:33 PM
OriginalHeavyIron you said it right. " looks are far more important to the old ones too for some reason"
It has been my experience at 41 that so many women even in their 50's tell me I am unattractive and that they prefer guys in their 20's and 30's. All because youth and younger looks better. Yet more and more women deny they judge on looks more importantly.
I mean ya I am not no hot looking guy, but I don't think I am that bad looking. But because so many women as they get older figure "I look, act and feel younger" so that is more of a reason to be wanting hot looking men.
 Want_You_2010
Msg: 397
older guys younger women
Posted: 8/7/2010 4:05:17 PM
I went to a concert with a woman in her 20's recently. Why women my age give dirty looks is beyond me, when they are with a guy who is alot younger.
Although not many younger women date older these days, most younger women have no issues seeing an older guy with a younger women. But alot of older women seem to not like seeing older men with the younger women.
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 400
older guys younger women
Posted: 8/11/2010 1:47:17 PM
^^^
Let me try...

DICTIONARY FOR WOMEN'S PERSONAL ADS:

1. Love to laugh.... Has no real interest other than drinking/dancing with friends.
2. Likes "anything fun"... Has no real interest other than drinking/dancing with friends.
3. Affectionate... Loves to cuddle and kiss; waits until you've got your hand on her vajayjay to tell you she's having her period and you ain't gettin laid. Blue balls syndrome insues.
4. Intelligent... Finished high school ten years ago, is now an assistant manager at the local tanning salon.
5. Self employed... Dates guys who give her money. Or, "dates" guys who give her money for various tasks.
6. Friends first... You ain't gettin laid until you meet her unrealistic expectations.
7. High standards... Fat but wants Charles Atlas.
8. Risk taker... Attempted, once, to try and lose a few lbs. Failed.
9. Wants "perfect for me"... Impossibly high expectations.
10. Takes things slowly... You're not gettin laid, ever.
11. Adventurous... Drove to Wisconsin all by herself with her own gas money and car.
12. Independent... Has her own place and car, parents or ex pay for one or both of them.
13. Lists traveling as a hobby... Has rich parents that pay for her spoiled azz to party and drink in Europe/Latin America.
14. Educated... Changed majors six times and yet to earn a degree at 40 years old. Parents still paying for college.
15. Had heart broken many times... Dated guys in the past that didn't respect that her vagina is the official center of the universe.
16. States "no more emails for sex, I'm not an object"... Has one or more clear, self photos in a mirror of herself in a skimpy bikini.
17. Loves to cuddle... You aren't getting laid, ever.
18. Wants an independent guy... You better be rich or you aren't getting laid, ever.
19. Lists "sex" as an interest... You're getting laid, as well as venerial disease.
20. Likes dancing... She's either a stripper, or goes to clubs and "dances" by grinding her azz on any semi-attractive guy... After 12 beers. You're still not getting laid, just a raging hard on.

EDIT: Damn, I almost forgot my favorite!
21. Uses words "spontaneous" or "random" to describe herself... Has no idea what she wants to do now, in the future, in any situation. If you don't have a consistent plan or are ready to make ALL the decisions about EVERYTHING, you aren't getting laid, ever.
 StevieCashmere
Msg: 402
view profile
History
older guys younger women
Posted: 10/23/2010 12:34:06 AM
...not all of them!

Best not to see people in terms of {age}, but in terms of {personality}., make the expereince of being with another person so much more valuable

very often both olfder women & younger men have their own agenda into getting to that dynamic, but still there are relationships of substance that bloom..and I'vme even aware of a marriage ~ i think the age gap is about 14 years and 3 kids

~stevie
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 403
older guys younger women
Posted: 10/28/2010 7:14:10 PM
It seems like most of the women who give me dirty looks whe I'm with my younger GF are the ones who have wastbands that equal or exceed their height.

The few who have maintained their figures and looks could care less....theyre too busy getting the attention of older guys who are financially set!

I'm kidding somewhat but do find it funny when women who are older use the excuse that young girls only date older guys for their money when I've found the younger girls less concerned about money thanthe older ones. The young girls just want someoone active and fun.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 406
view profile
History
older guys younger women
Posted: 10/29/2010 3:02:17 PM

I think when an older guy specifically looks for a younger woman he's a disgusting pig. If it just happens no biggie. I'm not fat and get hit on by young guys, but I am tired of being rejected online by guys my age because I "too old" even though I'm way hotter than them. Most of these guys are fat and ugly and will be alone.

when a woman reacts with vindictiveness to being passed over for more youthful competitors, it's a biggie for her, but no one else. otherwise she wouldn't care that such fat, ugly men feel they can do better than her.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 407
older guys younger women
Posted: 10/29/2010 3:03:49 PM
Yeah, if they're fat and ugly why are you giving THEM a chance to reject YOU?

where's your picture?
 Simon4567
Msg: 408
older guys younger women
Posted: 10/31/2010 1:26:10 PM
I won't date 18-20 year olds because they're not close to the stage that I am at in life. The closer she is to my age, the better chance the relationship will last, in my opinion.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >