Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Red Flag Lists in People's Profiles      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 siisaa
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Red Flag Lists in People's ProfilesPage 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

Care to define your idea of picker

The ability to seek out & attract viable, stable and emotionally available partners that would have a high likelihood of resulting in a long-term, healthy relationship.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Red Flag Lists in People's Profiles
Posted: 2/8/2018 9:36:04 PM
A damn fine explanation
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2018 4:53:57 AM
^ ^ ^ I agree! Well said!
 Cynderella
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2018 5:47:20 AM

Care to define your idea of picker

A thumb is not a good picker.
The index does the best job.
But using your pinky look my elegant.

Now the people picker...
Is a true battle between heart and head.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2018 6:13:31 AM
The index does the best job

LOL Need a toothpicker?
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2018 8:57:31 AM

The ability to seek out & attract viable, stable and emotionally available partners that would have a high likelihood of resulting in a long-term, healthy relationship.

A rare skill.

Undeveloped by most.
 cooldog65
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2018 9:02:53 AM
My pecker is working just fine. As for my picker...
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2018 10:39:17 AM

The index does the best job.
But using your pinky look my elegant.

Hmmmm. Speaking of which....

My pecker is working just fine. As for my picker...

... I prefer using "The Shocker". 3-finger discount. Uses the pinky for elegance for one area, then the index finger as the standard go-to + adjacent middle finger for the main area. ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shocker_(hand_gesture)
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2018 9:35:58 PM
at least the true colours are showing up front and anyone can just ignore the posting and move on... People with all the positive traits and none of the negative are not swimming in these murky waters anyway..
 sundress1
Msg: 60
Posted: 2/11/2018 9:28:24 AM
I remember seeing a profile that looked appealing ( well written, good pictures etc ) until the very end when he stated no obese women among other things. I can understand him not being attracted to that body type. But it's better to state a few things that you want/like instead a list of dislikes. As alluded to by other posters, women that actually match his requirements can be turned off by this.
 dezza33
Msg: 61
Posted: 2/11/2018 12:27:07 PM
One of the biggest red flags in profiles for me is when they bitterly complain about life, what they don't want how they been treated such as

Sick of being used
don't want to be treated like a doormat
sick of being cheated on
I always meet the bad boys where are the good guys
Why are men always idiots
Why can't i find a nice guy
etc etc etc

To me these are warning signs usually of the following

Bitter against all men because they have had one or two bad experiences so will most likely treat you like dirt and like it's your fault because your a guy
They don't actually want a good guy they are just advertising they want another bad boy
They wan't to be treated like a door mat
They are the ones doing the cheating due to bad experiences

And from most experiences when people advertise something they don't like it's due to the bad experience or they are the one doing this thing. I have learned from experience of dates so i learn and know when to see certain tell tail sings.Of course men do the following above as well.
 LucilleDixon
Msg: 62
Posted: 2/11/2018 6:54:25 PM
I feel like they're necessary at times. I've had men message me who were in open relations, lived with their child's mom, was married, in jail, overweight (not sorry, I don't do excess weight), multiple kids with multiple women, men with newborn babies and that's just to name a few things. I have added these things in my profile because I encounter a lot of men who fall into these categories and then they expect me to be okay with their amoral behavior. So rather than dealing with that nonsense and having them believe that there's a chance that I'd be spending my money, gas and time meeting them, I let them know straight up that I'm not with their foolishness. Why waste either of our time?
 Seki1949
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2018 9:21:11 PM
I think your account has been hijacked.
 south_city
Msg: 64
Posted: 2/12/2018 10:03:38 AM

I feel like they're necessary at times. I've had men message me who were in open relations, lived with their child's mom, was married, in jail, overweight (not sorry, I don't do excess weight), multiple kids with multiple women, men with newborn babies and that's just to name a few things....

That may not necessarily prevent people that are married, just looking for sex, have drama with the ex etc from sending an initial email. These groups of people will often lie or won't be upfront with that info. As for overweight people sending an initial email, either say "No thanks" or don't respond. Having a long list of dealbreakers or requirements can be a dealbreaker for people that actually match what someone is looking for.
 Dinno76
Msg: 65
Posted: 2/12/2018 10:40:22 AM
This is a free dating site what did you expect. If you want quality then go to a paid dating site.
 Naturalselection53
Msg: 66
Posted: 2/12/2018 1:17:46 PM

This is a free dating site what did you expect. If you want quality then go to a paid dating site.

Do paid dating sites attract better quality candidates? I've heard paid membership on this site doesn't change anything. Do people have Red flag lists on paid sites?
 Dinno76
Msg: 67
Posted: 2/12/2018 4:20:43 PM
I would think people would be more serious about dating if they had to pay to send and retrieve messages.
 Naturalselection53
Msg: 68
Posted: 2/12/2018 4:47:02 PM

I would think people would be more serious about dating if they had to pay to send and retrieve messages[\quote]
I would think so too. I've never tried a paid site so was just curious.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2018 4:51:59 PM
I did once and ended up going to Arizona. That's when reality hit us. Long distance relationships won't work unless one of you can eventually move without hesitation.
 curvylady1965
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2018 5:39:43 PM
I tried paid sites twice as well. I was insulted on those as frequently as I was on the free sites so decided to keep my cash :-).
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2018 11:00:19 PM

From a guy's perspective, since we're in the minority, I can say it brings better results in general. Probably less if all your profile is doing is looking-for-a-good-time, as you'll find less of those on pay sites. I would imagine a gal's luck would be better on pay sites (Match and, maybe, eHarm?), because you're going to have less guys writing random stupid messages, as you can find on free sites.
 ohenryx
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2018 8:13:15 AM

norwegianguy456
I would imagine a gal's luck would be better on pay sites (Match and, maybe, eHarm?), because you're going to have less guys writing random stupid messages, as you can find on free sites.

Based on things that women have told me, directly, both online and in person, women tend to have the best results on sites where men pay to message women, and women receive and reply for free.

Number one, the man is serious enough to spend a few bucks just to try and open communications.

Number two, he obviously isn’t a cheapskate.

Number three, if he spends actual money to send a message, he is probably going to put a little bit of thought into the words, not just cut and paste the same message 100 times.

Number four, he probably isn’t spending his hard earned money to approach women who are completely out of his league.
 from site to sight
Msg: 73
Posted: 2/13/2018 12:21:56 PM
"Number four, he probably isn’t spending his hard earned money to approach women who are completely out of his league."

How does a person go from the minor leagues to the major league, or 20,000 leagues under the sea?
 south_city
Msg: 74
Posted: 2/13/2018 3:23:11 PM

I would think people would be more serious about dating if they had to pay to send and retrieve messages.

I have used paid sites. But not a paid site where a person would have to pay a certain amount to send X amount of pictures. I don't think the latter would make that much of a difference for me because I don't email random attractive women without reading their profiles first.
 Nestaron
Msg: 75
Posted: 2/13/2018 6:45:09 PM
Ladies flaunting their stuff and way to many pictures and half of them with different clothes but house still a mess. lmao

And I am so wondering what the lady thought when I replied to her message for a date with try showing a little less cleavage, and actually show you read my profile sweetlips.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Red Flag Lists in People's Profiles