Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Who Is Too Young or Too Old for You to Date?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dragonbytes
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Who Is Too Young or Too Old for You to Date?Page 4 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

Silly, the age of consent is 18. The rule stands!

MEN, always thinking about the sex.

There is no age of consent for dating, just keep it platonic for a few years.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Who Is Too Young or Too Old for You to Date?
Posted: 3/4/2018 8:59:12 AM
^^^^^ I have to say, you are truly disgusting.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 78
Posted: 3/4/2018 9:07:44 AM

MEN, always thinking about the sex.

Are you and Woody Allen related, by chance?
 dragonbytes
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2018 9:26:01 AM

^^^^^ I have to say, you are truly disgusting.

Like Elvis and Priscilla, they started dating when Priscilla was 14. but kept it platonic at first. So it does happen .

I do wonder why do one considered Elvis disgusting ??

But I guess it's notable to be " truly disgusting".

But I didn't say it was my thing, only commenting on the ramification of a a post by Seki949, so I don't think I can claim the honor of being " truly disgusting".

Posted By: Seki1949 on 3/3/2018 937 AM
Subject: Who Is Too Young or Too Old for You to Date?

Of course, to the human heart nothing is absolute, but it's a good guideline.

I don't have a concern about Woody and his wife, odd to say the least, but they seem to be making it work. mia farrow seems just as odd / unconventional as Woody. I am glad I won't get into such convoluted / controversial relationships, I doubt I would be able to navigate all the pitfalls.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2018 1:22:31 PM

Yeah, but it's not a merely platonic situation if you also call it Dating. At best, you can have a within-social-group friendship when you're significantly older + she's a teen under 18. Anything more than that, and people will see thru it. Add to just being within-social-group friends, you also don't want to have any "plans" in mind, otherwise others will see thru that, too. In a nutshell, you shouldn't even passively Pursue a gal under 18, if you're in your late 20s or more.

But I guess it's notable to be " truly disgusting".

I think it's "disgusting" out of social-conditioning. But it wasn't disgusting in "the good 'ol days" of grandma & grandpa. And most importantly, biology has the backing that it's not Actually "disgusting". One's lying to themselves if they can't find a 16 year old gal more than mildly sexually attractive. Social conditioning provides counter-feelings that'll keep (most of) us from even wanting to make moves. It's very interesting in this slice of modern-day human age, that we treat someone who turns 18 as if magical fairy dust rained down from the sky to turn them into another type of being -- compared to being 15/16/17, seeing them as if they're practically in a crib - lol. I'm socially conditioned too that way... even looking at 18 & 19 year olds with counter-feelings when they are sexually attractive.
 cinderellaand
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2018 7:55:31 PM
Men make me laugh when it comes to age! Many men expect women who are over 10 years older than them to fall in love!
It is a total surprise when she divorces him ha ah laugh.
17 years older the man and the women this much younger - No she will never be in love with you so wake-UP!
Lies from men are more accepted shame on society.
 Seki1949
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2018 10:58:31 PM

No she will never be in love with you so wake-UP!

Hmmmm, can she pretend a little bit for a while?
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2018 9:05:32 PM
If he was young enough that I could have changed his diapers or babysat him -- too young.
If he is old enough that he could have changed my diapers or babysat me -- too old.
 cooldog65
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2018 8:13:16 AM

If he is old enough that he could have changed my diapers or babysat me -- too old.

Depends...

And now if you have to change his diaper, he's definitely too old...
 dragonbytes
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2018 2:15:05 PM

Men make me laugh when it comes to age! Many men expect women who are over 10 years older than them to fall in love!
It is a total surprise when she divorces him ha ah laugh.
17 years older the man and the women this much younger - No she will never be in love with you so wake-UP!
Lies from men are more accepted shame on society.

I think young men and women are much more likely to believe in love while older people often get more cynical and put up more walls.
 Akitahun
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2018 10:20:56 PM
I have been the "younger" woman and also the "older" woman. Just remember that the younger person has the most power in the relationship. It is what it is!!!
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 87
Posted: 3/11/2018 11:05:48 PM
No, the one who cares the least he has the power, and it could be either one of them.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2018 12:03:09 AM

Many men expect women who are over 10 years older than them to fall in love!

Uhhhh, I'd say the opposite. Going for women 10 years+ older than them is "MILF Hunting" -- it's the ease of "just for fun" that entices them, not any expectation to fall in love. I think you're taking the messages from young guys too literally. :)

I think young men and women are much more likely to believe in love while older people often get more cynical and put up more walls.

I agree with that. Heck, we realize that hitting 30. But that's not just youthful-thinking, but it's buying into what maw & paw want us to believe -- the "ride off into the sunset", being in love with being in love. Admittedly, we all would want that for our kids... because, if they're not riding off in the sunset, and are social? What are they doing? Having fun in the bedroom -- f that! :)

Reality sets in later in life. Comparatively speaking, yeah, sure, it's "cynical". And more apt to be truly cynical if they were "all in" to the idea of puppy dogs & ice cream when they found out it was boring outside Xmas photos and the like, and having kids aren't Hallmark cards. But I think for the most part, it's just the lack of flawed warm-fuzzies.

Just remember that the younger person has the most power in the relationship. It is what it is!!!

All other things being equal, And there's a sizable age difference, sure. They're the more wanted one. The more wanted one has the upper hand. Age difference-advantage not required.

No, the one who cares the least has the power, and it could be either one of them.

I agree there, too. When you're tripping over your own feet to win the other over, you lose power. When (usually) a gal gets bombarded by online messages and guys macking on them at events/bars/outings, they're going to be more vulnerable to be turned on by guy who isn't kissing her a$$.
 mikeparkin2
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2018 6:01:03 AM
When you get to 60 like me older dates is not good at all.
Even most women my age are well past their best.
I tend to go for late 40's or early 50's.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 90
Posted: 3/12/2018 6:54:17 AM

I tend to go for late 40's or early 50's

Welcome lifetime poster

Both genders are pretty disgusting by 60....
 spot4username
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2018 7:58:47 AM
∆∆
Nothing wrong with punching out of your weight class. Just don't whine when it doesn't work out. I'm clearly too old for him but he wouldn't have a shot with me so it is win/win.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2018 8:22:54 AM

I feel your pain.
Imagine being an older woman and having one such as yourself
to look forward to.
 cooldog65
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2018 8:30:24 AM

And reading what has followed this, he's getting tag teamed and not in a good way...
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 94
Posted: 3/12/2018 9:38:52 AM

And reading what has followed this, he's getting tag teamed and not in a good way...

I'd lay odds he's been rejected by women all his adult life--even when he was in his prime. He's bitter, and it shows.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2018 2:19:44 PM
I think Mike has mental issues. 5'-6", overweight, probably an old pic, which is crappy anyway, so he's delusional to think he can fish in any age range other than what he's in. A softwear engineer and that's his pic? I don't buy it. I think he's just a nut.
 south_city
Msg: 96
Posted: 3/12/2018 2:32:38 PM

I have been the "younger" woman and also the "older" woman. Just remember that the younger person has the most power in the relationship. It is what it is!!!

That depends. If the older person is rich, famous, powerful etc, that could neutralize any advantage(s) the younger person might have.
 CBGB77
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2018 2:42:30 PM

That depends. If the older person is rich, famous, powerful etc, that could neutralize any advantage(s) the younger person might have.

word

https://gl-images.condecdn.net/image/N5rMYw2K4Oq/crop/900
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2018 3:02:08 PM

A softwear engineer and that's his pic? I don't buy it. I think he's just a nut.

Softwear? Lol. Sounds like he's an engineer to get into a woman's underpants. :)

Or just Clearly better looking. Or the older woman being Clearly better looking than the younger guy, but his youth merely gives him the edge to roll with some. Age difference is only 1 factor. Seeing the youth in someone is a physically attractive notion, but not the only one at all.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 99
Posted: 3/12/2018 3:17:06 PM

I don't buy it. I think he's just a nut.

He's basically your male equivalent.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2018 3:27:46 PM
I'd give you the raspberries, but all I could find were 🍇🍉🍒🍑🍅🍌🍓
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Who Is Too Young or Too Old for You to Date?