Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Who Is Too Young or Too Old for You to Date?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Who Is Too Young or Too Old for You to Date?Page 6 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

I do think there is something wrong if I go out of my way to emulate a 20 year old.

A *particular* 20-year old, sure. A 25 year old could point out a Particular 20-year old and say the same thing, too. When high school or even college age, there's "social allowance" to express yourself in off-key ways -- dyed hair, wacky fashions that are isolated... or to be the front-runners for new hip clothing types that stand-out.

But to have some Modern fashionability -- it's a "no no", is my point -- which is silly. Oh, you're at or close to 50ish+?

"Hey, grandpa, you're supposed to wear Wrangler or Russell brand jeans that have Zero shape and go up over your hip bone, and stop above your ankles!" Same can be said for shirts, and how a gal's supposed to be past "breeding age", too. Point is, you're "not supposed to" dress Modern, unless it's modern-bland -- no shape. Wear what others your age wear. It doesn't have to scream "old person", but it can't be modern-fashionable that those in their 30s wear.

But I think fedora hats are coming back into fashion ??

There are certain things that are cool that younger people pick up on older-folks' fashion that trends. Like that. :)

What goes along with that is where people hang out at, what you like doing for fun, etc. It's this breeze in society that tries to push people of older age in certain categories -- to separate Themselves from those in "breeding age" and such. And heck, some who have kids at an early age and want to be a grandma someday -- they act/do/dress like a classic 55 year old when they're 35.
 CBGB77
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Who Is Too Young or Too Old for You to Date?
Posted: 4/1/2018 8:37:43 PM
A green fedora?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztA0AJxHqQ8
 julystorm7
Msg: 128
Posted: 4/2/2018 12:07:16 AM
Sadly I don't even know what a fedora hat is. I guess I should google it.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2018 12:36:30 AM
Seki, sex before burgers....good call!

Fedoras were trendy about 2 years ago. Women were wearing them:

https://www.fashionablehats.com/fedora-hats.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwqYfWBRDPARIsABjQRYzdGvnWUHrS1ubWPlc9g5D-FBLKsBuaHKXdoIqzvSOV2VlMRewx8isaAmNhEALw_wcB
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 130
Posted: 4/2/2018 4:51:45 AM
wow, Skeezie got Das Boot?

here's another fedora website, showing varieties and comparison to bowler hats, etc.

https://www.fedoras.com/

were I a hat person, i'd try 'em.
 julystorm7
Msg: 131
Posted: 4/2/2018 7:44:12 AM
Ok. I looked it up. Those look like old men hats to me. Women rarely wear hats around these parts. Occasionally you will see a woman in a cap or a straw hat on a hot day when they need shade. Men will wear caps or the occasional cowboy hat. Oh, and the touque reins supreme all winter. People around here don't wear hats for fashion accessories, at least people under the age of 80.
 forumfairy
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2018 7:51:43 AM

wow, Skeezie got Das Boot?[\quote]
Shame, she seemed so nice. hahahahahaha
 carltwy
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2018 3:41:54 AM
Age is just a number and as long as both are adults whats the harm
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2018 9:21:33 PM
Aprox 7 older / 7 younger
---for me then the guy needs to be no younger 51 and no older than 65
 cindi_rella
Msg: 135
Posted: 7/4/2018 5:14:00 AM
Ive never date anyone more than 1 or 2 yrs younger than me. My boyfriend is 5 yrs older than me. I liked much older guys when I was younger, not so much now.
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2018 6:18:28 PM
If I could have changed their diaper, or my daughter says they are "too young" for her....then they are way, way too young for me. On the other hand, an 80 year old asked me out, and I kindly said "no." Can't do that, either.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2018 2:12:13 PM
BlackLady, there's a lot of wishful thinking when it comes to old men, some young ones too. They think if you're single, why won't you date them, but they in turn have no problem being selective.
 julystorm22
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2018 4:05:57 PM
I get a lot of messages from guys in their 20s. Most I know are just trying to find easy sex but I've certainly considered it. Any other ladies sampled guys that were 5 to 8 years younger or is it just not worth it? I've also considered going for guys 5 to 8 years older than me...is that good too? Every guy I've been with is less than a year age difference than me.
 MsMicki
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2018 4:47:50 PM
thing is....age has nothing to do with how good a partner will be sexually....

personally...I think sex gets better with age...
men tend to become more aware of their partners pleasure....
and figure out the journey is just as fun as the destination...
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2018 7:37:12 PM
Al Capone wore Fedora's.
Posted: 7/6/2018 9:24:41 PM
I think I look younger than my age (48) and definitely think and feel younger. Being with someone younger than me feels right but age is just a number. A lot of women I've dated over the last few years tend to be slightly older. There were a couple in the 50-52 range and a few in their mid-40s. How young would I go? She should at least be able to drink legally. Okay... just kidding (kind of) :) Even though I see a lot of 20-somethings I find attractive and I have a year experience being their age, realistically I'd say 30 up to the mid-50s. I feels like I was 15 a few years ago and now I'm dating women in their 50s!
 spot4username
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2018 1:09:18 PM

I think I look younger than my age (48)

I always wonder what an age looks like. What is 48 supposed to look like? I guess it is based on an individual's opinion.

At work I am required to card anyone buying alcohol who looks under 30. Sometimes I card a person thinking they are probably just barely legal and they turn out to be much older than I thought and sometimes much younger.

I will say that sometimes I will click on a profile and am absolutely shocked at a person's listed age. Some people look rode hard and put away wet. /shrug/
 siisaa
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2018 7:33:39 PM
Too young: Under 25
Too old: 50+

If I just want to hook up, I prefer younger because they have more enthusiasm & stamina. I tried hooking up with older guys and ran into arthritis and ED issues (this was not from the same person). I do prefer to date older men though.
 julystorm22
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2018 11:05:25 PM
Interesting. That is something I do wonder about regarding older men, do they have stamina and ED issues? Or has their experience made them better lovers? I've been curious about it.

And younger guys, are they just concerned with themselves, with getting their rocks off? And would an older woman actually be attractive to them, even for a temporary fling?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2018 1:35:01 AM
It really depends on the guy as to whether he learned from experiences, so not just about whether they're young or old. Guys that are dedicated to excellence are learning and practicing while young (in their 20s). The men you would be dating should be well practiced by 30+.

Smokers and drinkers are prime for having ED issues.
 from site to sight
Msg: 148
Posted: 7/8/2018 7:35:02 AM
"Smokers and drinkers are prime for having ED issues."

Ugly women and/or women with ugly attitudes are prime for giving guys ED issues.
 zsuzsa62
Msg: 149
Posted: 7/8/2018 8:33:16 AM
If he's in my dad's age range, he's too old. If he's in my son's age range, he's too young.

I know...there's still a big gap but that's where my mind drifts if I notice someone at the high or low end.
 julystorm22
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2018 9:59:06 AM
Well, my original age range for guys was listed from 24 to 44 but when I found out my mom had gone on a meet n greet with a 43 year old I adjusted my age down to 42 so our parameters wouldnt overlap. And I found it weird getting messages from guys in their early and mid 20s so I adjuster up to 28. So not my parameters are 28 to 42.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Who Is Too Young or Too Old for You to Date?