Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > You know you aren't wanted on OLD when.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ohenryx
Msg: 26
view profile
History
You know you aren't wanted on OLD when.Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)

HanoverFella

You know you aren't wanted on OLD when you are a paid POF member and every single message you send indicates "unread."
I guess a perk for unpaid members??

Yes , what a blow to the self esteem, I upgraded once, never again

Again? I mean really, are people still laboring under the misapprehension that you have to pay extra to see what happens to your sent messages? If you do this on a computer, not a smartphone, you have a tab at the top of the main page which says “Sent Msgs”. Check it out, you can see all of the people who responded to your message with “Unread Deleted”.

Cryptofabulous
Or "Unread Deleted"...

Some people must be getting SO many message they don't have the time to read any.
Maybe they should be hiding their profile temporarily...

Back in 2010, when I first started this odyssey into OLD, I used to really put a lot of effort into the initial messages that I was sending. Then I discovered these forums (which were MUCH more active back then), and did some reading.

One attractive young lady talked about going on vacation for 2 weeks and coming back to find hundreds and hundreds of messages in her inbox. Her response? Delete all of them, and start fresh. Several other women joined in, saying they had done the same thing on occasion.

The fact of the matter is, the attractive women (in all age ranges, but much more amongst the younger ones) are going to get TOO many messages. They are never going to read all of them. Fact, it just isn’t going to happen. They are going to look at your one small picture and make a snap judgement, and that is the BEST you can hope for. As shown (above), sometimes they will never see your message or your picture.

You, as a man, should put your maximum effort into your main profile pic. Make damn sure it is a good picture, shows you clearly, smiling, looking happy. Because that is the price of admission. She will never read your message or look at your profile if your main profile pic does not pass the test.

DrivingHarmony2018
Msg: 27
You know you aren't wanted on OLD when.
Posted: 2/22/2018 10:50:40 PM

You, as a man, should put your maximum effort into your main profile pic. Make damn sure it is a good picture, shows you clearly, smiling, looking happy. Because that is the price of admission. She will never read your message or look at your profile if your main profile pic does not pass the test.

Agreed. Always put your best foot forward in OLD.
 Akitahun
Msg: 28
view profile
History
You know you aren't wanted on OLD when.
Posted: 1/20/2019 8:29:24 PM
When men MY age won't accept messages from me. I'm too old for someone my age! LOL!!!!! And I look a lot better than they do! Sheesh!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > You know you aren't wanted on OLD when.