Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Instant turn aways      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Instant turn awaysPage 12 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Know it alls
Know nothings
Men who constantly ask for more pics.
Men who talk sex on a first text
Clingy people
Women who defend their s/o no matter how much of a jerk he is
People who lack common sense
Cruel people
People who let their kids scream in a restaurant
People who state" My son or daughter was such a good kid before they fell into the wrong crowd"
 feirene
Msg: 277
view profile
History
Instant turn aways
Posted: 4/5/2018 12:28:52 PM

4) Nothing but boob, a$$ or leg shots? You are fishing for any guy who is going to fall at your feet and treat you like a queen.

Does this work? I am fishing for such a guy.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 278
Instant turn aways
Posted: 4/5/2018 2:46:26 PM
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ feirene, LOL Good one!
 prettybrwneyedone
Msg: 279
Instant turn aways
Posted: 4/9/2018 2:14:14 PM
1. When someone you are initially corresponding with says: you need to make time for them. Lol! That makes me run the other way.
2. When you see who someone finds attractive and can't see any correlation to yourself. Like if you're affiliated with them on social media, and you start to see "odd and questionable" looking people popping up in your suggestions based on following them - and you notice it due to their liking those type of accounts.
3. Those that still have unresolved issues from past relationships that they haven't resolved.
 KPOL52
Msg: 280
Instant turn aways
Posted: 4/10/2018 1:00:09 AM
Whenever I see in a woman's profile "I drive a sports car".

NEXT!

Just kidding of course but that is no sillier than women who declare "If you ride a motorcycle, do not contact me"
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 281
Instant turn aways
Posted: 4/10/2018 1:20:29 AM
You know when someone has a beard and they’re eating and get food or drink in their beard. I have to turn away.
You know when some one uses their finger instead of tissue to clean their nose. Turn away.
You know those people who chew to the knuckle, same.
People who are mean. I’ve dated a few where this didn’t become apparent until we were out n about and I saw their interactions with others.

people who never dance.....I mean never......what’s that about.
The biggest though is someone who just isn’t that into me.
 from site to sight
Msg: 282
Instant turn aways
Posted: 4/10/2018 6:58:30 AM
When I suggest a place to go to on a date, and she says "Let's not go there. My ex sometimes goes there. Think of someplace else to go to." So dates would be based on who may or may not potentially be at a suggested location.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 283
Instant turn aways
Posted: 4/10/2018 7:26:23 AM
^^^wouldn't ya love to buy the ex a drink and hear their side of all the stories? :)
 south_city
Msg: 284
Instant turn aways
Posted: 4/10/2018 7:36:53 AM

When I suggest a place to go to on a date, and she says "Let's not go there. My ex sometimes goes there. Think of someplace else to go to." So dates would be based on who may or may not potentially be at a suggested location.

The ironic thing would be a woman's ex being at the 2nd place a man in this situation suggested. Not impossible. The ex could now hang out at different places or he is there because he has friends or a new girlfriend that likes it.
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 285
view profile
History
Instant turn aways
Posted: 4/10/2018 8:03:08 AM
I don't think it's silly for motorcycles to be a dealbreaker / turnaway.

Harleys are an instant "swipe no" or back button for me (or never clicking on the profile if the main pic has a Harley or she wears Harley apparel).

Might consider someone with a Vespa.

Thankfully I don't have to worry about Harley women contacting me because the Harley people seem to have a reciprocal dislike for people who don't ride motorcycles, or who ride a different brand of motorcycle.

I specifically write "bicycling" as an interest and refer to my bike as a "bicycle" to avoid anyone misreading "bike" or "biking" as Harley riding.

When I'm early in an online conversation with someone whose profile mentions "my bike", I ask if her bike refers to a real bike (a bicycle) or to a motorcycle. Usually it's a real bike. At least once has responded that she likes both types of "bike".
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 286
view profile
History
Instant turn aways
Posted: 4/10/2018 6:09:35 PM

Thankfully I don't have to worry about Harley women contacting me because the Harley people seem to have a reciprocal dislike for people who don't ride motorcycles, or who ride a different brand of motorcycle.
I specifically write "bicycling" as an interest and refer to my bike as a "bicycle" to avoid anyone misreading "bike" or "biking" as Harley riding.

Ditto. Certain activities on dating profiles can be very polarizing. "Either you are a biker, or I don't want to know you." kind of stuff.

Even inside the Harley(etc) fraternity - Motor biking can be done in several creative ways - Meetup clubs, long road trips to hidden destinations, camping and such - or it could be an excuse for someone to go bar hopping every weekend, ride b*tch and get hammered while someone else drives. I think the ladies most insistent on biker dudes tend to fall into the bar-hopping category.

After being on these dating sites for a few years, there are definite seasonal patterns to women occupying these sites that can be traced almost directly to the biker season. Almost within a day or two of the first huge snow melt, a couple dozen middle aged ladies in their leathers and bandannas show up on these sites. Traffic and 'views' increases substantially for about three weeks, pretty much up until the first warm 70s temp day for biking. Many of them own their own bikes, so I assume after that, they are on the road. The week after Labor day, or maybe a few weeks later if weather stays nice, you see the same ladies' profiles with sun-dried hair and baked on tans wearing evening dresses instead of leathers, fishing for guys that are interested in tropical vacations. The same faces keep repeating every year, so it sure looks like their need for dating and socializing is pretty much based on a temporary seasonal companionship.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 287
view profile
History
Instant turn aways
Posted: 4/10/2018 10:36:53 PM
Dan, women using the site for seasonal dating, how Machiavellian! Thanks for the tip. I could use a tropical vacation😉
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 288
view profile
History
Instant turn aways
Posted: 4/10/2018 10:57:48 PM

I never constantly ask. I ask for 10 different ones on first text.

Men who talk sex on a first text

I always wait until the 2nd text to talk sex (phew).

Like if you're affiliated with them on social media, and you start to see "odd and questionable" looking people popping up in your suggestions based on following them - and you notice it due to their liking those type of accounts.

I don't quite get it. ??
 prettybrwneyedone
Msg: 289
Instant turn aways
Posted: 4/11/2018 6:50:27 AM

I hope you're joking about that, because I'll tell you that's one of most women's BIGGEST gripes when it comes to OLD. They don't like to be bombarded by pic requests and most women never even get a chance to ask a guy for pics before the guy starts off asking.

Men who talk sex on a first text.

Again, I know you have to be kidding. I hope. lol.

Like if you're affiliated with them on social media, and you start to see "odd and questionable" looking people popping up in your suggestions based on following them - and you notice it due to their liking those type of accounts.

On instagram and their ridiculous algorithms sometimes suggest and show you photos based on any accounts that you follow and sometimes what accounts they like. If they follow someone that likes a ton of stripper accounts, then chances are you'll start to see a lot of strippers popping up in your suggestions and even see their pics and videos in the public feed.
 Tyro327
Msg: 290
Instant turn aways
Posted: 4/11/2018 12:41:44 PM
What no more pics and sex talk is out guess that means no sex for you is sounding pretty platonic can anyone join?

Okay seriously though with pictures you say you get what I am willing to give you want more I have a whole photo album you just need to get to know me to enjoy them.

No sex talk so I guess there will be whispering sweet nothings in your ear how about just the action then? No okay no worries how about we start off with a nice cup of coffee and work up to some serious conversations like intent as we go along sound good? You got to earn the play there are no free rides around here.

Social media is fine I guess if your into that sort of thing but really what has it done for you lately? Maybe boost that ego or destroyed it I wouldn't really know could careless actually, no kidding the most information the facebook thing got from me was a bunch of videos, and quotes oh the joys of internet and watching people go through the trials and tribulations of trying to impress who exactly?

I am here just participating cause needed a break from videos on training for certificates I been straight at so yeah I need to relax and have some fun. I know why am I tormenting people here? Well cause I like you people soooo much you make my day that much better. :-)
 Canelas19
Msg: 291
view profile
History
Instant turn aways
Posted: 4/11/2018 2:36:34 PM
Agree. Why the need to ask for pictures right away? so freaking rude. With sex conversations the same, we know that eventually if things go well sex will be part of the equation but why the need to talk about it when you haven't even put some time into getting to know the other person. That is very tasteless and shows the focus of your intentions, which probably is good at the end, as I can just stop talking to them without remorse. I don't have Instagram but hate so much when guys ask me to follow them without even engaging in a deep conversation. Do they get money for each follower or what? is POF a place to look for followers? Just don't get it.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 292
view profile
History
Instant turn aways
Posted: 4/11/2018 5:13:12 PM
I don't get why men would ask for more pics, unless they're leading up to asking for nude pics. I went out with a guy that used his work ID as a pic. It wasn't complimentary to him, but I could see what he looked like.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 293
Instant turn aways
Posted: 4/11/2018 5:33:16 PM
LOL When I was looking to date, would offer my cell number, it was not uncommon for a man to ask for a picture. I sent pics of my naked............feet!
Hmmmm I guess they were not impressed with my cute pink piggies!.....Poof gone........Oh what a loss!
 prettybrwneyedone
Msg: 294
Instant turn aways
Posted: 4/11/2018 7:42:03 PM

Agree. Why the need to ask for pictures right away? so freaking rude. With sex conversations the same, we know that eventually if things go well sex will be part of the equation but why the need to talk about it when you haven't even put some time into getting to know the other person. That is very tasteless and shows the focus of your intentions, which probably is good at the end, as I can just stop talking to them without remorse. I don't have Instagram but hate so much when guys ask me to follow them without even engaging in a deep conversation. Do they get money for each follower or what? is POF a place to look for followers? Just don't get it.

Exactly Canelas! Most guys don't even give a woman a chance to get to know them some before they start asking for photos. I've lost interest so many times when a guy leads with "can I get some more pics and videos?", especially after they've seen photos and/or videos. I agree, it shows that they're fixated solely on the physical. No, ig doesn't give any money for followers, but now the way things are - many are always seeking attention, likes and followers. I don't get why some have such a desperation for attention and social media relevance. I only use it sparingly.

I don't get why men would ask for more pics, unless they're leading up to asking for nude pics. I went out with a guy that used his work ID as a pic. It wasn't complimentary to him, but I could see what he looked like.

Agreed Newyorker! I really do believe that some do assume that they can lead up to asking for nudes. I've had that happen. And, I've even seen some guys that will save your photos - snapchat tells when someone takes a screenshot of any your snaps. I just think it's weird that some guys are that visual that they become fixated by what they see.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 295
view profile
History
Instant turn aways
Posted: 4/12/2018 12:20:27 AM
I don't get any of that nonsense with the older dudes☺ When I'm dating, I have different pics up that are better. If a guy asked for more pics, he'd get a not so pleasant response from me. Where I live, the older dudes don't have good photos of themselves, maybe something old of them holding dead salmon they caught. They wouldn't dare ask for more photos. They're grateful if they get a response from a woman.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 296
view profile
History
Instant turn aways
Posted: 4/12/2018 6:07:48 AM

You hit it right on the head. I got used to the harley crowd claiming that I ride a rice burner. Even though it says "Made In the USA" cast into my valve covers. (And all on display for the world to see) I guess they don't like my passenger armrests, or the backrest for them. Are my footboards for you too low? I can raise them with just a pull of a lever. What radio station do you like? Sirius Satellite radio has them all. The Intercom button is here, if you want to talk. Toss your purse in my trunk, shall we stop for water for later? Wear a jacket cause it's chilly now. We can just stash it away later after it warms up. Sun block? Got some in the sidebox. Ride too rough? Here, lemme soften up the shocks for a smoother ride. Too soft? I'll pull over and pump them up.

Yeah, those jap Gold Wings are just awful.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 297
view profile
History
Instant turn aways
Posted: 4/12/2018 6:58:46 AM
Aren't the parts from Harleys made overseas?
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 298
Instant turn aways
Posted: 4/12/2018 7:41:09 AM
https://nypost.com/2014/07/22/harley-shares-fall-after-admitting-foreign-parts-hold-up-new-bikes/
 from site to sight
Msg: 299
Instant turn aways
Posted: 4/12/2018 8:55:02 AM
"Aren't the parts from Harleys made overseas?"

A lot of parts for a lot of American products are made overseas-including car parts. As long as there is some American content or assembled in the U.S., companies can slap on the "Made in U.S.A." label. If Trump slaps on tariffs on foreign made parts entering the U.S., it's going to increase the cost of "Made in America" products-since it's "kind of" made in the U.S.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 300
view profile
History
Instant turn aways
Posted: 4/12/2018 10:46:46 AM

If a guy asked for more pics, he'd get a not so pleasant response from me.

They wouldn't dare ask for more photos. They're grateful if they get a response from a woman.

Here's a news flash - you COULD be posting phony pictures. You could be LYING via your profile pics.
I realize that's a stunning revelation, but anyone CAN do it.

Asking for pictures in certain contexts CAN be an obvious ploy to get their rocks off - but it can also be a necessity for verification of the truth.

Eight profile pics that all look like the same person standing in front of the same mirror taken on the same day - with maybe a different shirt or pair of shoes in each one - how does that effectively translate into a REAL human being with a life and friends? Requesting to know more is natural, not creepy.

People assume wayyyy too much sometimes - including the idea that perfect stranger can figure out the context and occasion of every photo in your group. That's why this childish stigma of having a photo with someone of the opposite sex turns people off - even if they write out a caption explaining it's their brother or aunt or son or something.

People STILL have those freakin' POF logos in the corner of their pictures - and they stopped making that watermark what, maybe six years ago?

How many of these people bother doing a profile review, or even let a close friend see what they made?

Asking for a selfie before you leave the house to meet up for the first time - how is that something devious? We want to know who we will be meeting! If someone shows up five years older, different hair color and style, or 30 pounds overweight - they aren't always going to be immediately recognizable - and that's embarrassing as hell. I think it's a sign of wisdom to send or ask for that kind of photo, not creepy in the least.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Instant turn aways