Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Instant turn aways      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RuralRoadz
Msg: 326
view profile
History
Instant turn awaysPage 14 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Instant turnaways?

On profiles, anything negative; complaints about the messages she receives, generalized complaints about "the men on here". etc.

"I don't need OLD to get sex, I can get that anywhere." OK, I'll accept that you can, but your need to announce the fact on your profile is unattractive;

"I get lots of messages, so don't be disappointed if I don't reply." OK, how about I save us both some time and not bother to message you at all?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 327
view profile
History
Instant turn aways
Posted: 5/4/2018 12:54:17 AM
Big turn off and explained why my pof date was a lifetime bachelor, b!tching about women incessantly.
 Railrunner
Msg: 328
view profile
History
Instant turn aways
Posted: 5/6/2018 6:23:57 PM
When they say "Prove to me all men are not the same". Every time I read that, it's an instant turn off. Makes me think they should go watch Sesame Street. One of these things is not like the others... Come on, you all know the tune!

When their list of things they both want and do not want is as long as, and has all the precision of, a space shuttle pre-flight checklist.

If they have kids, then that is an instant deal breaker. Bonus points when their profile states "Man up and take care of MY kids" Yes, actually saw that more than once. Dumping the rugrats in a car compacter would be "Taking care" of them, I suppose. Extra bonus point if that is present along with that their biological father will ALWAYS be in the picture. Uh, so you want some dumb schmuck to take care of your little sentient barf bags, presumably pay their way and your way in life, yet some other guy will always be there too? Might as well say "I am looking for some cuck wimp".

"Looking for a love like romeo and juliet" Uh, you DO know how that ended, right? Or "Forrest and Jenny". Yeah, Forrest Gump, the story of a guy eternally friend zoned by the town slut, guy ends up filthy rich, guess who suddenly loves him? Gold digger slut, anyone?

Way I see it, this site has little value in actual dating, but for entertainment, it's great! It's like free admission to the circus sideshows. Year round!
 Seki1949
Msg: 329
view profile
History
Instant turn aways
Posted: 5/6/2018 11:32:06 PM

If you live in your mom's basement

. . . and she's been dead for 20 years.
 UnknownFox
Msg: 330
view profile
History
Instant turn aways
Posted: 5/7/2018 12:35:12 AM
I know I am a few weeks late but honestly I wouldn't argue with being called "Cute". Sounds better than most things I heard growing up. xD

As for the original post, I don't really have many things that would turn me away other than excessive drinking or smoking. Fat, skinny, tall or short work for me. As for the profile themselves, gotta agree on the "Just ask". In this case i'd rather just ask you fill the profile out. Don't really want to waste time messaging you only to find we have zero in common.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 331
Instant turn aways
Posted: 5/7/2018 4:38:11 AM
""Forrest and Jenny". Yeah, Forrest Gump, the story of a guy eternally friend zoned by the town slut, guy ends up filthy rich, guess who suddenly loves him?"

>>>the same person who needs a kid and health insurance for AIDS? But her father did screw her up, so...

"I know I am a few weeks late..."

>>>what every man wants to hear :)

"don't want to waste time messaging to only find we have nothing in common"

>>>sometimes, that lack of profile means they don't offer much more than looks. Might as well take their lead, send them a brief message, and they'll look at your profile and come to a conclusion.
 Robert3750
Msg: 332
view profile
History
Instant turn aways
Posted: 5/7/2018 5:25:36 PM
Smokers.
Women who announce very vehemently how important politics is to them.
Women who say "my kids are my world". Leaves essentially no room for me.
Poor grammar and/or spelling.
"treat me like a queen/princess". Queens and princesses are privileged types who never earned a damn thing.
"take care of me". You're an adult, not a child.
 Robert3750
Msg: 333
view profile
History
Instant turn aways
Posted: 5/7/2018 5:26:56 PM
Forgot to add misandric attitude ("men are so rotten!").
Instant turn aways
Posted: 5/7/2018 6:56:31 PM
Something I read in a profile - "Tell me what you bring to the table."

I'll bring dinner to the table if she comes over but other than that, it sounds like a business transaction. I guess she's not into the important things like two people who enjoy spending time with each other.
 sussex11
Msg: 335
Instant turn aways
Posted: 6/10/2018 7:49:25 PM
I really don't like it when I get a message or text, and men will call me babe or honey. That's not gonna get me all excited, until I know you. And please don't say things if you don't really mean them.
 BlindFreddy1
Msg: 336
view profile
History
Instant turn aways
Posted: 6/10/2018 11:06:48 PM
Reading these posts just confirms to me if i had any doubt at all why i still remain single and refuse to interact with people / opposite sex ..
The stress and judgmental mentality of it all ...Seriously who needs it..??
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 337
view profile
History
Instant turn aways: cheapskates
Posted: 6/11/2018 2:37:37 AM
"Coffee first."
 Akitahun
Msg: 338
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2018 1:26:34 AM
If a man over 50 is still looking for someone 20+ years younger; NEXT!!! Also if they won't date someone a WHOPPING year older; NEXT!!
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 339
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2018 4:01:57 AM

If a man over 50 is still looking for someone 20+ years younger; NEXT!!! Also if they won't date someone a WHOPPING year older; NEXT!!

Bob: If I see a gal who is looking for a guy who's 6-foot or taller -- NEXT!!!!
Jim: Umm, Bob, you're 5'7". I think they're saying "Next", implicitly, to you first. Sour grapes?
Bob: Whatever, dude. And yes, I like sour grapes, why do you ask?
Jim: ... What about this gal? You should be frustrated with her. She's not talking about height, but about race!
Bob: Oh, is it a Caucasian gal only looking for guys who are African American?? NEXT to that!!
Jim: Close. She's African American and looking for guys who are African American or Hispanic...
Bob: Lemme see. Yeah, that's fine. Not upset about that.
Jim: What?? Wait, why not about this one?
Bob: Because I'm not looking for African American women. Unless she's like one of the Real Hot ones, as with any race.
Jim: Isn't that just like Height? Like a 5'6" gal who only wants 6 foot+ guys, actually would be wanting to date Real Hot guys who are 5'9"?
Bob: Dude, don't make this complicated.
 spot4username
Msg: 340
view profile
History
Turn, Turn, Turn
Posted: 6/13/2018 4:44:40 AM

Men and women do this. I just ignore them. I see a lot of profiles here and elsewhere and the person's age is say 50 but their parameters are 18-49. Sort of funny really.

I also think it is hilarious when someone doesn't understand how POF works and they are (for ease of math) 54 and have their "must be" email settings 18-35.

I wonder if they wonder why they never get messages!
 browneyesboo
Msg: 341
view profile
History
Turn, Turn, Turn
Posted: 6/13/2018 6:36:40 AM
I don't know what my "instant" turnaways are.
Depends on the person.
I've had people walk up to me at the bookie and I've
disliked them on sight...for no apparent reason. The
reason is usually forthcoming pretty quickly though.

Works in here as well. Sometimes people seem okei,
then they say something and I think ewwwwwwwwwww.

Of course, there are others that can't say anything
wrong...hahahahaha!

I think turnaways are directly related to how we feel
about someone. We accept more and willing to overlook
things if we really like someone, ie when it comes to
pet names etc.

If I don't like you, basically you can't say or do anything
right.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 342
view profile
History
Feminine traits
Posted: 6/13/2018 6:45:50 AM
Dyed hair. There's no man that can rock dyed hair, overall dyed or highlights.
 CBGB77
Msg: 343
view profile
History
Feminine traits
Posted: 6/13/2018 6:50:12 AM

Posted By: Newyorker58 on 6/13/2018 850 AM
Subject: Feminine traits
Message: Dyed hair. There's no man that can rock dyed hair, overall dyed or highlights.

https://cdn.haircrazy.com/photos/forum/2DC3E443-072C-40F9-B382-55396575E4FD.jpg
 feirene
Msg: 344
view profile
History
Feminine traits
Posted: 6/13/2018 9:49:26 AM
If we're just posting pics of hot guys can i just

http://www.scymtek.com/media/artists/649X371/1467493395_12_5jon2.jpg
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 345
view profile
History
Feminine traits
Posted: 6/13/2018 10:19:58 AM

Dyed hair. There's no man that can rock dyed hair, overall dyed or highlights.

https://trendy-hairstyles-for-men.com/photo-galleries/celebrity-hairstyles/picture/6#content_page
Take a look at other pages on that link. NONE of them are dye jobs?!?
 reverendswine
Msg: 346
Feminine traits
Posted: 6/13/2018 11:12:49 AM

If we're just posting pics of hot guys can i just
http://www.scymtek.com/media/artists/649X371/1467493395_12_5jon2.jpg

Guys like this are a dime a dozen at the club we Florida forumites met up at back in 2015. It was my idea.

As for hair coloring, I have no desire whatsoever to do it to mine. I've been lucky enough to have no gray so far, so I've got no reason to be f├╝cking with it.
 feirene
Msg: 347
view profile
History
Feminine traits
Posted: 6/13/2018 11:30:02 AM
Cool, now i'm getting hints where to find these guys. Thanks.
Florida is a bit far but i'm hoping to move out of hicksville soon anyway, maybe to somewhere that has a goth scene or something.
 reverendswine
Msg: 348
Feminine traits
Posted: 6/13/2018 11:50:14 AM
Yeah. They kinda have goth covered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyyhMG6Ugng
 feirene
Msg: 349
view profile
History
Feminine traits
Posted: 6/13/2018 12:02:17 PM
^^There's hardly anyone like that on the fetish sites i used either. I only use one now, but all the guys i'm chatting to there are 'normal'. Him 6 mins in is representative, but thinner usually.
Guess i'll have to start going out again, did used to go to munches once a month and enjoy them.
 reverendswine
Msg: 350
Feminine traits
Posted: 6/13/2018 12:22:49 PM
Which one are you on?

My default was taken at the 2015 gathering. Photo courtesy of Kj..haha.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Instant turn aways