Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Instant turn aways      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 feirene
Msg: 351
view profile
History
Feminine traitsPage 15 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
now i use fetish.com, i prefer that site as more people are open to chatting and taking their time with you, but looks wise i'm probably gonna have to go 'vanilla'. although there was one guy i was interested in but he's miles away in scotland, the internet brings up problems like that as well.
:/

2015 pic is from when you all met up off here? that's cool as well meeting people you speak to on here, i've been to a few POF socials near me but i know that's not quite the same thing.
 from site to sight
Msg: 352
Feminine traits
Posted: 6/13/2018 1:52:24 PM
An instant turn-off is when she can turn her head all the way around-360 degrees-and hurl green vomit at people.
 reverendswine
Msg: 353
Feminine traits
Posted: 6/13/2018 3:12:11 PM

2015 pic is from when you all met up off here?

Yes. HawkingJr, KJ, Belle, Tom, and I. (although, Tom bailed on us before going into the club) I originally wasn't going to go, but KJ got everyone to agree to The Castle when I suggested it, and she offered to let me ride with her. (I wasn't in the mood to deal with I-4 traffic)

I'm sure you've tried Fetlife, but experiences will vary depending on location just like any other site.
 blackbeauty744
Msg: 354
view profile
History
Feminine traits
Posted: 6/13/2018 6:21:48 PM
^ so jealous!

messages this short may not be posted -- messages this short may not be posted -- messages this short may not be posted --messages this short may not be posted --
 feirene
Msg: 355
view profile
History
Feminine traits
Posted: 6/14/2018 2:32:26 PM
I only know who hawkingjr is because he's been on the forum recently. @ReverendSwine
I deactivated my fetlife account, didn't really like the site at all. It was mostly men trying to pay for sex, buy me things in return for sexual stuff, or get dirty chat, plus not many guys have any profile on there as well i noticed. I did sell some things on there though, i'd class it handy for that only.
 reverendswine
Msg: 356
Feminine traits
Posted: 6/14/2018 4:45:43 PM
That's how it works. It's all about location. The scene is booming where I am, but I'm not a part of it anymore. For now, at least.

^ so jealous!

Yes, too bad you weren't there. Hawk was in a spiffy suit. You could have dragged him by his tie out to the dance floor.

But hey, you never know. There could be a sequel to this someday.
 MadameBoisseau
Msg: 357
Feminine traits
Posted: 6/16/2018 6:34:52 PM
If your main profile photo is anything but a clear picture of you and you alone, I immediately keep going. I am not going to waste my time contacting people who I am unsure what they even look like. I have no interest in a picture of your boat, your house, your dog or your mom. I am not here to go on a date with a motorcycle, your ex girlfriend or your golfing buddy.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 358
Feminine traits
Posted: 6/16/2018 6:59:37 PM
the only reason I can go along with pictures of material objects is, if they matter. I used to have my cars in my profile pictures b/c I love mechanic devices (predominately cars), and I love old stuff (they were old cars) and during the summer I tend to take long road trips to car shows. So if someone wanted to know more about me, then the cars were "secret code"...if they loved old cars as well, then they got the code.

if someone really loved taking their boat out, getting away from it all, sitting in the sun with the vegetables they cut out of the garden that morning to make a sandwich, swimming after the fish in the water...they probably could put up a pic of their boat (or better a sailboat, i'm biased after having a sunfish and making a catamaran with my father, excuse my snobbishness) and someone could see a kindred soul.

and so on. you may not be going on a date WITH a motorcycle, but you may end up dating ON one eventually, maybe a charity poker run or something.
 siisaa
Msg: 359
Feminine traits
Posted: 7/9/2018 7:46:53 PM

When it comes to getting messages, as soon as a guy calls me honey or sweetie or babe I instantly delete the convo.

Same, and I never respond after that. We are not a couple, we aren't dating....ixnay on the pet names or terms of endearment.

I don't respond well to pics of dead animals, just a car/motorcycle or obviously underage children. I don't mind single fathers but it's poor judgment for anyone to be posting their children (that goes to nieces or nephews too) on here. It's even more cringe-worthy when single mothers do it.

If they live too far (more than 20 miles away), I'm not interested. The traffic here is terrible and the freeway system is trash. I'll only drive outside of my comfort zone to meet an established friend or acquaintance I know I'll have a good time with, not strangers.
 ssm508
Msg: 360
view profile
History
Feminine traits
Posted: 7/10/2018 7:09:50 AM
I don't have many dealbreakers. But here a few things that can be dealbeakers for me
Negative profiles. Complaining about their OLD experience or generalizing men in general.
Long list of rigid requirements.

As for pictures, they just need to be relatively clear and accurate. I don't care if a woman has pictures of herself with a man, sunglasses, animals, cars, alcoholic beverage or other things that some people on the forums don't like.
 Gemgirl
Msg: 361
view profile
History
Feminine traits
Posted: 7/10/2018 4:20:08 PM
I'm open. Its the conversation, the ability to form sentences and discuss other things than watching TV that let me know if there is potential.
Gemgirl
 lulz567
Msg: 362
view profile
History
Instant turn aways
Posted: 7/12/2018 4:26:45 AM
I’ll chat to anyone I’m sociable. If it gets to the ask out bit then I’ll look up their profile and decide from that. If they are too immature or up themselves I don’t have interest because I’m up myself and don’t like competition. Like if too confident and acting like they could take or leave you, just another brick in the wall. I’ll not bother myself.
 FDB777
Msg: 363
Feminine traits
Posted: 7/18/2018 9:59:49 PM
Like Siisaa stated, pet names or any reference to my looks (black men apparently love calling women beautiful). Those members are automatically BLOCKED. Men with beards, overweight, shorter than 5'8'', truck drivers, lives more than 20 miles away from me, golds, locs (dredlocks), from Hopkinsville, Kentucky or Memphis, Tenn. (just yuck). The list is long which is why I am no longer using this site for anything besides the forums.
Feminine traits
Posted: 7/18/2018 10:11:00 PM
It's interesting to see the differences between women and men. A lot of women will not respond or block a guy who calls her honey, babe etc... but most guys welcome things like that. Taking that a step further, most women don't want d*ck pics. I don't know of a guy who has complained about getting pictures of topless bOObs.
 sun_water
Msg: 365
Feminine traits
Posted: 7/19/2018 6:03:22 AM
It's depends on the context and what words are being used. Saying hun or "you have beautiful pictures" would be okay for me. Saying something like "Hey sexy" can be too strong when you don't know the other person that well.
 siisaa
Msg: 366
Feminine traits
Posted: 7/19/2018 10:09:11 AM

It's interesting to see the differences between women and men. A lot of women will not respond or block a guy who calls her honey, babe etc... but most guys welcome things like that. Taking that a step further, most women don't want d*ck pics. I don't know of a guy who has complained about getting pictures of topless bOObs.

Men and women are not the same, nor do we find the same things flattering or accepting. SHOCK OF THE CENTURY!
 Angelkis1
Msg: 367
view profile
History
Instant turn aways
Posted: 7/30/2018 11:46:49 PM
annoyed at me cause after a first date when you comeon too strong after telling me how a present date relationship has bed priv eeees at the moment and expect a good response from me …..
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Instant turn aways