Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Splitting the bill for a weekend vacation?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MichaelD1974
Msg: 226
view profile
History
Splitting the bill for a weekend vacation?Page 10 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
These days, the person who extends the offer does the paying.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 227
Splitting the bill for a weekend vacation?
Posted: 3/2/2018 4:04:43 PM
"When we hear these stories here on the forums, I often wish I could see the person in question."

>>>I'm rather sure our responses are more accurate b/c we CAN'T see the sister of the Three Sirens the poster is swooning over :) All we can "see", is the actions described to us. The actions aren't biased by how fine she looks--hell, there are some times we give a forum member a pass (oh no, not us) b/c that member has 200 photos on their profile that makes us...a little weak in the keyboard, if ya know what I mean :) But, hey, its just human nature, and we're designed to breed, not judge (lol).

A weekend get away is a great way to figure out where things are going, but the best test is...one bed or two :) after I retired I had a female coworker with a reputation ask if she could move in, and I told her bluntly, "I only have one bed". that solved future inquiries.

As for the prince story, a British comedienne pointed out Harry's the bad boy who likes to ruffle the family feathers. She may have been kidding.
 WHITEROSESAPRIL
Msg: 228
Posted: 3/2/2018 5:41:44 PM

These days, the person who extends the offer does the paying.

I wonder if you wrote this important information about YOU in your profile.!

Just in case:..Don't forget to write it in uppercase and as first sentence.:)
 MichaelD1974
Msg: 229
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2018 5:56:06 PM
Hello. Believe it or not, I read that from a woman. Years ago, on another forum, a woman put forth the belief that the person who initiated the date does the paying. We are in a more egalitarian society now. I also saw a youtube interview with a woman who makes a ton of money and she said that she has no problem taking a guy out to expensive restaurants. Her view was that if she has the money, she may as well.
 cooldog65
Msg: 230
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2018 7:36:56 PM
If the roles were reversed, I'm sure the OP would have been expected to foot the entire bill. The fact that he offered to pay the bigger share was more than generous.

She should have suggested something more in her area of affordability. She has champaign taste on a beer budget.
 LGL1975
Msg: 231
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2018 9:06:10 AM
I'm curious how much OP spent on other dates with his girlfriend. And if the $250 resort she chose was extravagant.

I have girlfriends who never pay for anything. But they're cheap dates.

The way I was brought up a gentleman pays. But you don't spend more than you can afford. If a lady wants to reciprocate then you can reevaluate your budget.

Splitting the check is not really the custom. If a woman has to pay for herself people might think she doesn't respect herself enough to stay away from schmucks. It's a double standard we all have to live with.

Women who are nice will find a way to reciprocate. Either by making you a nice meal or paying what they can afford.

These threads always seem to attract trolls of the female gender. I suspect the trolls are more feminist than ladies protecting a just privilege.

Feminism thrives on ambiguity. Men don't know what the rules are. That allows women to demand a double standard.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 232
Posted: 3/3/2018 10:34:49 AM
"These days, the person who extends the offer does the paying---I wonder if you wrote this important information about YOU in your profile.!"

"I read that from a woman"

>>>to go back to what Henry said about seeing the person in question, in person....it really does boil down to what kind of tingle the other person gives us, when we are in their company. as much practice as I have with doing things on my own, I tried dating a 47 yr old lass with the body of a 2o yr old. Spending $30 on a meal with her, felt nicer than eating alone and not looking across the table at a pretty woman. Just like you can scratch your own back with a long rod for free, or pay a masseuse to do it. sometimes, we're buying an experience that other members of their gender cannot give us. they are unique, and yes, they are getting paid for it. someone who views them as just another life support system for just another organ, probably doesn't view it like that at all.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 233
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2018 11:03:24 AM
People ask for stuff, so what? If that's all they care about, then a decision has to be made if it doesn't agree with the other person. If you let it be the woman's choice for a hotel, maybe she's basing it on what she thinks the person's disposable income is and knowing her bf. For dating, if a guy asks me to choose a place to meet, I pick someplace reasonable. Guys do say they want to go to someplace better sometimes. Some men appreciate finer things.

LGL, indeed, there are some unanswered questions here.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 234
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2018 11:36:39 AM
There was a question asked..................and no one answered? OMG!
Helllooooo! Hellllooo, anybody here?

"The Sound of Silence" / "Silence of the Lambs"
 NewYorker58
Msg: 235
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2018 1:05:15 PM
You're so passive-aggressive. What's the question?
 HanoverFella
Msg: 236
Posted: 3/3/2018 1:16:22 PM
10 pages?I thought the OP already posted he said sayonara too his non sexual little sammich maker?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 237
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2018 1:23:46 PM
You guys are so lucky, sammies & sex. We get taken out to dinner once or twice, then it's get in the kitchen

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread. Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread, now get in the kitchen and make some guy a sammie
 HanoverFella
Msg: 238
Posted: 3/3/2018 1:30:53 PM
Or if youโ€™re very flexible and can multi task, sex in the kitchen while youโ€™re makin a sammich ;)
 NewYorker58
Msg: 239
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2018 1:35:43 PM
Now you sound like George Costanza from Seinfeld that wanted to combine sex with food, LOL ๐Ÿž๐Ÿ•๐Ÿณ๐Ÿ—

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread. Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread, go eat a ๐ŸŒ
 Nestaron
Msg: 240
Posted: 3/3/2018 1:45:31 PM
Oh sh!t Hanover you do you worsh your clothes and dishes, watch Hoss on the picture, head down to drunk tank see sum of dem Hooters, Mopering the floor, and taking the wheels out for drive with your best girl too. :)

Sorry it was just sumting that is so awesome to do, when be visitoring them. You either speak a da language or don't ya a come overing. lol
 Cynderella
Msg: 241
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2018 5:54:23 PM

10 pages?I thought the OP already posted he said sayonara too his non sexual little sammich maker?

Funny how we are like pit bulls around here.
We either take the bone and run with it.
Or
We grab it and shake it to death.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 242
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2018 11:52:14 PM
๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿถ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿฑ

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread. Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread or you'll burst into flames๐Ÿ”ฅ
 playingindirt
Msg: 243
view profile
History
ass, grass, or gas...no one's picnicing for free.
Posted: 3/4/2018 6:29:42 AM
@ mr norwegianguy456

yes it should matter how long you've been seeing someone before you start referring to them as boyfriend or girlfriend. 2 months is too soon.

but he didn't do that. In less then two months he moved right on to boyfriend and girlfriend. he's "already referring to her as his girlfriend." don't pretend meals and events you both went dutch on makes someone your boyfriend or girlfriend already if something causal is all it's been so far. It's not the same as someone special to you like boyfriend and girlfriend.
 HanoverFella
Msg: 244
Posted: 3/4/2018 6:33:51 AM

yes it should matter how long you've been seeing someone before you start referring to them as boyfriend or girlfriend. 2 months is too soon

I think thatโ€™s up for the couple to decide, if he or she doesnโ€™t mind being referred to as the bf/gf, what is to anybody else??
 playingindirt
Msg: 245
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2018 7:03:44 AM
@ mr HanoverFella

of course. but if it's boyfriend and girlfriend don't you think they should treat each other that way, like they're more than a casual thing?
or do you take just take for granted that casual makes you someone special enough to be your girlfriend? I don't.

it's okay if you think yourself to still be in grade school when boyfriend and girlfriend was just liking someone enough to walk around holding hands.
but we're grown ups. casual dutch meals and events together doesn't miraculously make the two an item like boyfriend and girlfriend.
 backcreek7
Msg: 246
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2018 8:08:11 AM

We grab it and shake it to death

^^^ the perfect way to explain, what we want to her to do ~ col
 dragonbytes
Msg: 247
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2018 8:44:36 AM

of course. but if it's boyfriend and girlfriend don't you think they should treat each other that way, like they're more than a casual thing?
or do you take just take for granted that casual makes you someone special enough to be your girlfriend? I don't.

I agree with your use of girlfriend, but I donโ€™t know what label I should use for someone that I am dating, we have slept together, but arenโ€™t yet committed in any way. Or for that matter, someone I am dating exclusively over a few months time but haven't yet slept with. Regardless of who pays what percentage of bills.

FWB, that implies a longer-term commitment to sex with a friend, but I donโ€™t have a strong emotional attachment to, a girlfriend in my mind is someone I have a strong emotional attachment to and I am committed to see on an ongoing basis, BUT not necessarily exclusively monogamous. There isnโ€™t a good term for โ€œgoing steadyโ€, but that would be a girlfriend that you are exclusively monogamous with.

While a wife is someone I am committed to emotionally on an ongoing basis and exclusively monogamous.

I think one of the HUGE problems with dating is that we all have these mental pictures of what a label like โ€œgirlfriendโ€ means to us, but it means something different to other people, and we have the tendency to assume we all mean the same thing without discussing the details.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 248
Posted: 3/4/2018 8:52:04 AM

yes it should matter how long you've been seeing someone before you start referring to them as boyfriend or girlfriend. 2 months is too soon.

No, it doesn't matter; it's just semantics. Some people use the bf/gf term once they agree to be exclusive with one another--irrespective of the length of time they've been dating. It's not for you to decide it's too soon. That's up to the couple in question.

of course. but if it's boyfriend and girlfriend don't you think they should treat each other that way, like they're more than a casual thing? or do you take just take for granted that casual makes you someone special enough to be your girlfriend? I don't.

How do you define "that way, like they're more than a casual thing"? I've been with my guy since 2011, and we split the cost of our trips equally. I think you're trying to impose your own values onto other people.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 249
Posted: 3/4/2018 9:58:44 AM

We either take the bone and run with it.
Or
We grab it and shake it to death.

Or stick it in something.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 250
Posted: 3/4/2018 9:59:06 AM

(playingindirt) of course. but if it's boyfriend and girlfriend don't you thnk they should treat each other that way, like they're more than a casual thing? or do you take just take for granted that casual makes you someone special enough to be your girlfriend? I don't.

(halcyon_skies) How do you define "that way, like they're more than a casual thing"? I've been with my guy since 2011, and we split the cost of our trips equally. I think you're trying to impose your own values onto other people.

Rubbish. People on the forums *NEVER* do that...
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Splitting the bill for a weekend vacation?