Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Splitting the bill for a weekend vacation?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 251
view profile
History
ass, grass, or gas...no one's picnicing for free.Page 11 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

yes it should matter how long you've been seeing someone before you start referring to them as boyfriend or girlfriend. 2 months is too soon.

2 months is usually too soon. Usually 2 months in, they're more like becoming bf/gf (knock on wood). After 3 months things tends to be "gelled" enough where it's not awkward or 'hasty' to call it bf/gf to them.

but he didn't do that. In less then two months he moved right on to boyfriend and girlfriend.

I think they're more like 3 months into things, as NY pointed out, from his other thread. But if you're not having sex, then eyebrows start to raise as to what's really going on. Now, if they're strong practicing Mormons, then I guess it comes less of a question. :)

don't pretend meals and events you both went dutch on makes someone your boyfriend or girlfriend already if something causal is all it's been so far.

That has NOTHING to do with the relationship between the two. He wasn't going dutch with her on anything -- not even the weekend getaway. It was just the weekend getaway that she asked him to go out on, that he pointed out to carry the brunt of it, but for her to contribute to it, too (which is normal; even for BF/GF).

It's not the same as someone special to you like boyfriend and girlfriend.

It can actually be quite special to someone in the "honeymoon phase" that lines things up before it's universally known as BF/GF. In fact, dare I say, to many, it's the most special time for some -- when they're hitting it off. Regardless, some people say that splitting or equal contributions (within her means) happens when they Are BF/GF, but not when they're Dating and Becoming BF/GF.

In the end though, Dating or BF/GF -- if the gal is working and self-supportive, and she asks the guy if he'd like to go out on a weekend getaway to X beach... she contributes to one degree or another, within her comfortable means. It's normal, and shouldn't be weird or awkward -- unless the gal's a mooch. :)

I think one of the HUGE problems with dating is that we all have these mental pictures of what a label like “girlfriend” means to us, but it means something different to other people

I never really see it being much of a problem usually. I think it does when you're Clearly just Started dating some. In OP's situation, getting to the 3 month phase, a GF/BF label is just fine -- but when not having sex? Ehhhh, not so fast. :)
 ti_dow
Msg: 252
Splitting the bill for a weekend vacation?
Posted: 3/4/2018 12:34:00 PM
She offered the TRIP... it was her idea, certainly she should have thought it out in detail... Did she think life was free for the asking..
 ti_dow
Msg: 253
Splitting the bill for a weekend vacation?
Posted: 3/4/2018 12:40:11 PM
Unless Uv given her, like many men do, the notions that her money's no good w/ U, then she should expect to contribute to the relationship financially... It's selfish to expect the man is automatically responsible to pick up all tabs... I'd dump her OR get a clear understanding how ur relationship will be executed financially...
 Cynderella
Msg: 254
view profile
History
ass, grass, or gas...no one's picnicing for free.
Posted: 3/5/2018 4:35:11 AM

Or stick it in something.

A nice warm place for a homeless bone.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 255
ass, grass, or gas...no one's picnicing for free.
Posted: 3/5/2018 7:55:26 AM
beats a box made out of cardboard.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Splitting the bill for a weekend vacation?