Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Splitting the bill for a weekend vacation?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cynderella
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Splitting the bill for a weekend vacation?Page 8 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Bottom line....
There is a vacant room at the beach with a picnic lunch valuable.....who's in?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Splitting the bill for a weekend vacation?
Posted: 2/28/2018 3:06:34 AM
I wouldn't ask someone to take me someplace, but there isn't harm in asking. I still say there's more to this. Why did she feel comfortable asking, and what about that high price tag when it's easy to stay in really nice places for 1/2 the price? I'm thinking since he let her pick the place, she had card Blanche to choose wherever. Sounds like he was initially okay with everything, then had pre-buyers remorse. So, this relationship ended over......not being able to field a question from the gf about a weekend getaway?

Cyndi, I would be so in. I haven't been to a hot spot in a long time. I've driven thru NC twice, but never looked around. If my dog was healthy, I'd be doing a little traveling with her. NC sounds nice:)
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 178
Posted: 2/28/2018 3:09:03 AM

Yes, it's a different world down here and it can be downright horrifying.

(Wilbur) The straw that broke the proverbial camel's back for me was walking into a mom and pop grocery store and seeing a young guy in overalls with manure of some sort all over them like it was nothing. The stench was stomach churning, and I seemed to be the only one freaked out about it.

You might wanna try being less of a candy-@$$, and realize that not *EVERYONE* is a judgmental, pearl-clutching priss like you...
 NewYorker58
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2018 3:38:09 AM
Arlo, why does this song pop into my head when I see your profile pic?

https://youtu.be/KS_Q80u-o9g
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2018 4:17:36 AM

Bottom line....
There is a vacant room at the beach with a picnic lunch valuable.....who's in?

You buying? If it's clothing optional, my (untanned) bottom line is 100% contribution! ;)

Why did she feel comfortable asking, and what about that high price tag when it's easy to stay in really nice places for 1/2 the price?

It's not weird to ask if the other wants to go somewhere for a mini-vaycay. The weird part is when you're newly dating a guy, support yourself, but you would Expect him to pay the whole thing. Entitlement was the weird part, unless she was joking (doubt it, since what happened after).

It's not necessarily a crazy price-tag for those (namely she) who want to go to merely a "nice" place since it's a little getaway, presumably on a weekend. On a beach. It's not necessarily going to be easy at all to find an actually nice place ON a certain beach near where the action is.

I'm thinking since he let her pick the place, she had card Blanche to choose wherever.

It wasn't like that... It's the same a girl asking if he'd like to go downtown to have a drink after dinner. He says sure, then she says she wants to go to [nice suave place].

Sounds like he was initially okay with everything, then had pre-buyers remorse.

He wasn't ok with everything initially, he was bugged by it -- that it was some big issue with her. His female friend gave him bad advice though, which pushed him to Cancel the date because he didn't love her, but if he loved her, he wouldn't think twice about paying for anywhere she wanted to go. :)

So, this relationship ended over......not being able to field a question from the gf about a weekend getaway?

They talked about it. He didn't give good enough details about it, though. Basically, they talked & realized they weren't a good fit because of that issue itself, at least playing a role. I think what he wrote implied that she had issue paying on any level, even though she brought up the idea and wanted to go to a specific (bit pricey) hotel, and not even want to buy lunch.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 181
Posted: 2/28/2018 4:52:18 AM

(Newyorker58) Arlo, why does this song pop into my head when I see your profile pic?

https://youtu.be/KS_Q80u-o9g

I dunno, it should be this 'un:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5mtclwloEQ

Cynderella
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2018 5:01:07 AM
All this ass talk is making me randy...

You might wanna try being less of a candy-@$$, and realize that not *EVERYONE* is a judgmental, pearl-clutching priss like you...

If Pig has a candy ass.....I have a sweet tooth.

You buying? If it's clothing optional, my (untanned) bottom line is 100% contribution! ;)

I like nude....no tan line asses.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 183
Posted: 2/28/2018 5:15:17 AM

Oh, look. We have shit defending shit. Only you, coattail rider. Only you.

If Pig has a candy ass.....I have a sweet tooth.

Girl, you should be writing Valentine's cards. ;)~
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 184
ass, grass, or gas...no one's picnicing for free.
Posted: 2/28/2018 6:36:08 AM
"I'm so dirt poor, I make garden soil look rich"

>>>also sorry to hear that, I remember those days. Literally walked 4 miles up the hill in snow to college. Hopefully you are able to make the graduation. I "Crashed" a wedding of a friend's daughter, and people said they were glad to see me (well, goodness, why didn't you invite me? :) ), so i'm sure your appearance would be appreciated if you can swing it.

"You make a very good point, you often do. Glad to have you back, by the way. My reaction to something like that will depend a great deal on how it is presented. The way the OP talked about his girl friend’s presentation of the proposed getaway would have turned me off. What you just described, no problem, I would have been ready to go. And what spot4username talked about, above, if I were dating someone and they talked about saving their pennies to go see their son graduate, guess who would be visiting a travel agent? "

>>>Thank you, and yes, I would like to think a few men here, if presented with a scenario like that, the way described, might cash in some credit card points and give the gift of an airline ticket or whatever is needed. Money can't buy everything, but sometimes it can buy a beautiful smile :) And don't worry, Spot, i'm not offering an airline ticket, I think third-person tickets really makes TSA twitch these days.

"No, you're coming, too."

>>>oh good, she's coming and going. or going and coming. :)

"Why did she feel comfortable asking?"

>>>that was a question in the back of my head. Maybe there was a brag made somewhere before, that made her think she had a "card" blanche she could charge on. but I still think this was one of those questions that define a relationship, like getting permission to leave clothes over at your sweetie's. you find out how much of "their's" is "your's" to impede upon. This time it was a beach weekend, in other scenarios its how much closet space or bathroom counter can you use for your stuff you need in the morning after a sleep-over.
 LikeToWalkMyDog
Msg: 185
Posted: 2/28/2018 8:27:48 AM

That's what this is about. He's had sex with her for 3 months and now he is ready to move on.

No, we never had sex. Passionate, yes...but never led to sex.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2018 8:39:03 AM
An ex-bf picked 2 travel destinations for 2 separate trips, then asked me to pick the hotel for them. He didn't give me a price range, and he was paying for them. I didn't think it meant I could go buck wild. I picked each place, then asked what he thought. They were reasonably priced, and he was happy with them. Not to say that some women wouldn't take advantage of the situation, especially given no parameters.

I get that he wants to put a negative slant on this, because of how it ended up. Really, how did that conversation go? She agreed to pay for what he asked for, so why was there further conversation, except to talk about what they'll do and the fun time they'll have? An online date asked me to book a weekend getaway on his dime, no $ parameters. This was after a date or two. I declined since I didn't know him well enough to accept that offer. So I do think there's more to this story. While $250 a nite is pricey for NC, he told her to choose the place, and it's not that much overall. This guy is making a big stink over a lousy weekend getaway.

Even though Spot has been less than kind to me, I hope family members help to get her where she wants to be. How much can a roundtrip ticket cost? Flying WA to NY is only about $300. A person could sell a few unneeded items around the house on Craig's list. Sell broken or old jewelry (as mentioned on tv), there's a ticket. Work a few more hours a week for a week or two, if family can't chip in a few dollars. Nothing wrong with accepting a little help. That's what family is for.

Edit: Can I ask why you didn't have sex with her?
 ohenryx
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2018 8:39:43 AM

MachIMustangII
and yes, I would like to think a few men here, if presented with a scenario like that, the way described, might cash in some credit card points and give the gift of an airline ticket or whatever is needed. Money can't buy everything, but sometimes it can buy a beautiful smile :)

And sometimes a beautiful smile can make your day.

I still think this was one of those questions that define a relationship, like getting permission to leave clothes over at your sweetie's. you find out how much of "their's" is "your's" to impede upon. This time it was a beach weekend, in other scenarios its how much closet space or bathroom counter can you use for your stuff you need in the morning after a sleep-over.

I have had a couple of “casual” relationships end over just such minor details. In a serious relationship, no problem, but in a more casual, “loose” sort of relationship, waking up and realizing that someone is trying to take over your house is an uncomfortable feeling. Which usually leads to an uncomfortable conversation. Which in turn usually means the end of the “casual” relationship.
 benartflick
Msg: 188
Posted: 2/28/2018 9:03:11 AM

haven't been to a hot spot in a long time. I've driven thru NC twice, but never looked around. If my dog was healthy, I'd be doing a little traveling with her. NC sounds nice:)

NewYorker58, I highly recommend Myrtle Beach, SC, before and after the summer months. As you noticed the hotels in NC & SC are inexpensive this time of year and certainly NOT 500 or 250 bucks a night. (and the OP made it sound like it's just for one night)

I noticed what you noticed. Odd that something obvious and suspect to us weren't noticed by a few that still couldn't see that bright light even after your help. Simple stuff: nothing too hard to grasp.

Do you think they might have a hidden motive? Are they mad at you? Or perhaps they have a slight reading comprehension problem?

I thought her 'peanut butter & jelly' comment was a humorous attempt at saying okay, but I can't really afford it.

What do ya think our somewhat less than generous friends would have thought if she had just said, "Sure, I'll pay for all the meals, but it's going to be a major burden on me. I just thought you might enjoy a trip to the beach and I mistakenly thought it wouldn't be an inconvenience for you."

It's easy to check out room prices or by reading your link, rather they implying you don't have a clue what you're writing about or it's a women's problem. Yes, the OP wrote, "My girlfriend and I have been seeing each other for about two months now" and just two days prior to that the OP wrote, "...we are dating exclusively, for over three months now. We're pretty close, and are passionate about one another." Thems his words - not yours. It's a shame people have a problem understanding simple stuff and then point their finger (usually their longest finger) at the friendly messenger and suggest it might be a woman problem.

The only defense for the OP might be 'honest mistakes' or 'exaggerations' about the price of the lodging and how long he and his gal have been together. But the most common defense here on most topics is 'ignore' the truth and resort to 'name calling'. Common in chat rooms, but rare in dealing with adults in person. (unless you're married - funny how some people chance drastically after hearing you say 'I do!') To quote Mr. King, "Can't we all just get along?"
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 189
Posted: 2/28/2018 9:40:33 AM

That's what this is about. He's had sex with her for 3 months and now he is ready to move on.

I suppose the sex was contingent on your paying for the entire trip. No great loss. There are plenty of other women out there who don't put a price tag on sex.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 190
Posted: 2/28/2018 9:45:22 AM

WHAT?!?!

Ok, unless this was a decision on your part, all the people who defended this woman can kindly shut up now.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2018 9:54:39 AM
Ben, my sister is on the east coast and goes to Myrtle Beach almost every year. She likes Savannah, GA and stays there on the way down. She goes during the high season and stays at a nice place on the beach for a very reasonable amount. She has in laws that want her to move there. Houses are so cheap, so easy to cash out a $700,000+ house in NY for a beautiful $300,000 one there and pocket $400,000. That's what people in CA do with moving to WA, but WA is not a cheap place to live like NC. I could cash out and move to one of the east coast southern states, but I love it here for the beauty and weather.

Haters are gonna hate. And with no good reason. I guess we're all judgemental here, so it's part of the deal, to an extent.

Yeah, he did say she was in a bind for money, so I guess she wanted to note that by her comment about the sandwiches, but she was still willing to contribute, which showed she cared about him. That was overlooked, and was the most important part.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 192
view profile
History
This is getting weird
Posted: 2/28/2018 10:01:30 AM
I'd really like to know why sex didn't take place. The plot thickens. This is a joint decision. He seemed to be enjoying himself with her.
 HanoverFella
Msg: 193
This is getting weird
Posted: 2/28/2018 10:08:00 AM
Probably like the old saying...our sex life is great, we have it anytime She wants it! 😆
 Whisky_River
Msg: 194
Posted: 2/28/2018 10:09:38 AM

I guess we're all judgemental here, so it's part of the deal,

I look at it as we are all giving an opinion from "our" own set of standards/morals etc...and the information given to us.

Yeah, he did say she was in a bind for money, so I guess she wanted to note that by her comment about the sandwiches, but she was still willing to contribute, which showed she cared about him. That was overlooked, and was the most important part.

I think....You missed the point....If you're broke...don't suggest a trip....easy...peasy!

And just for furthur detail...Those who suggested his $500. for lodging was outlandish.
I googled the area he mentioned....there were plenty at 200 bucks a night.
I don't recall him saying it was a 1 nighter either....so some make up things.
Maybe it was gonna be a long weekend......one could go for 3 nights.

FYI*....Usually 2 Broke people don't have these issues
 NewYorker58
Msg: 195
view profile
History
This is getting weird
Posted: 2/28/2018 10:36:21 AM
I wouldn't have suggested it, but everyone has different relationships. He said $250 a night and said it would cost $500, so it must be 2 nights. Just because she's not flush with cash doesn't mean they can't go to nice places on his dime if he's okay with it. All she did was make a suggestion.

Sure, we all respond to things based on our own standards and morals, but if two people do things differently, and it's acceptable to them, then it's okay. He was agreeable to going away, and finances were worked out, so what happened?
 cooldog65
Msg: 196
view profile
History
This is getting weird
Posted: 2/28/2018 11:16:57 AM
^^^ He expected her to contribute her part (meals). She asked for the weekend away and he chose to pay for the hotel. He did more than his part and she did less than hers.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2018 1:36:32 PM

Post 174:
Plus, he let her pick the hotel? It's $250 a nite for the Carolinas? Try $100 a night.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/SmartDeals-g49004-Carolina_Beach_North_Carolina-Hotel-Deals.html

That's not even the same State. North Carolina vs South Carolina.

post 117:
The hotel located on the Isle of Palms near Charleston. She picked it ;)
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 198
i didn't do it for the nookie, so you can take the vacation and stick it up your
Posted: 2/28/2018 1:40:20 PM
to misquote Limp Bizkit.

"our sex life is great, we can have it anytime she wants"

>>>that's a wonderful tongue-in-cheek dry humor observation :)

two months and no trips to home plate? I won't ask why, there could be medical reasons, or excuses, but it may just have also been a sign of how much love and appreciation was not present. In hindsight, I mean. maybe the both of you were more lonely than anything else, and so you accepted what you had. that's a rhetorical statement, BTW, not a question.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 199
Posted: 2/28/2018 2:01:41 PM

(AT) You might wanna try being less of a candy-@$$, and realize that not *EVERYONE* is a judgmental, pearl-clutching priss like you...

(Wilbur) Oh, look. We have shit defending shit.

I may be "shit defending shit", but at least I'm not a pussified, urban sissy.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 200
view profile
History
This getting weird
Posted: 2/28/2018 2:22:23 PM
BBE, that area is pretty booked up for March, so I didn't do a link there, and of course you could pick the most expensive place, but my point is there are plenty of lesser priced places, but.....he let it be her choice. Henceforth, $250 a night. That would be my sticking point, why did she choose a more expensive area and hotel. If my bf said pick a place and it didn't appear money was an issue, you're not going to go slumming, nor will he want you to.

CoolD, she agreed to pay for food.

Arlo, I like how you picked the version with a bald guy☺ That song brought back memories. Who didn't say at least once, I'm too sexy for my (fill in the blank)☺
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Splitting the bill for a weekend vacation?