Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Random Musings - Talk About Everthing      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NewYorker58
Msg: 276
view profile
History
Random Musings - Talk About EverthingPage 12 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
^^^^^was someone tipsy and fell into bushes☺?🍸🍺🍻🍷🍹

My hairstylist said in Ireland, the men are having several pints and are still sober. Come to find out, she said the beer there has less alcohol than beer in the states that's 4%-6% on average. I wonder if it's like that in the UK for low alcohol content?
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 277
view profile
History
Random Musings - Talk About Everthing
Posted: 5/22/2018 1:48:56 AM
Beer strength has steadily crept up over the years, I think most in the UK are around 4-5% now. I think too though that the type of alcohol produced is different between brewers. I had some Stella the other day and felt much worse than after the same number of other beers I normally drink. There's a reason why Stella is jokingly referred to as "wife beater", I do think there is something quite different in it.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 278
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2018 2:27:19 AM
Chapster
Stella was i think slightly stronger when it was imported. I think its crap now that it is brewed under license. Some of the trappist monk beers from belgium, like duvall are well rocket fuelish.

Most large brewery produced beers are well rubbish though. Tennents lager have a stranglehold in Scotland. As for carling? Euuuch.

Innis and Gunn though are massive sellers particularly abroad. Some of them have a fair auld kick.

New Yorker
You should have a wee browse and see if you can find an Innis and Gunn stockist over your side of the pond.

They have many beers to choose from. There is a list on the wiki page...........

Innis & Gunn is a brewing company based in Edinburgh, Scotland, founded in 2003 by Master Brewer Dougal Gunn Sharp. [1]

Brewed in Inveralmond, Perth at Innis & Gunn Brewery, Innis and Gunn is currently exported to over 28 countries. In 2009 it was the most popular British bottled beer sold in Canada,[2] and second most popular in Sweden.[3]

Original - This is the brewery's flagship beer. It is aged using Bourbon Casks and Over Bourbon-infused heartwood in specialty "Oakerators" It is 6.6% alcohol by volume. At first only available as a bottled beer, it is now marketed in bottles, cans and as draught.

Blood Red Sky - A replacement to the old Rum Cask beer, Blood Red Sky is aged using Jamaican rum barrels and is a part of the core range offered by Innis & Gunn. This red beer is 6.8% ABV and is available in bottled and as draught.

Gunnpowder IPA - This India Pale Ale is 5.6% ABV and is available in cans, bottles and as draught. Using Cascade, Centinial and Mandarina Bavarian hops, Gunnpowder IPA has a crispy, clean finish with aromas of orange, grapefruit and pine.

Lager Beer - Innis & Gunn Lager Beer is a multi-award winning craft-brewed Lager, 4.6% ABV. It is crafted to be refreshing and full flavoured by adding zesty aromatic hops and naked golden oats to the brew. Available in cans, bottles and as draught.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innis_%26_Gunn
 NewYorker58
Msg: 279
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2018 10:05:43 PM
Vlad, I'm not much of a drinker, but I looked it up to see if it's sold here and it is. It's pretty expensive. A package of 4 is $8.99. You'll never believe what I found while looking for it. One store it's sold in is call Scottish Sword, a store that sells collectable Scottish items, and it's in my neighborhood:

https://www.scottishsword.com
 vlad dracul
Msg: 280
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2018 5:28:30 AM
Here this is just brilliant. Did any of yous see Burnistoun comedy sketch show with the voice recognised lift?

The lassie on this below is getting well pissed off.......

"You just hate Scottish people ya cow' Hilarious moment Scot puts on****ey accent after Alexa fail

Fuming Glaswegian Marj Massie was forced to put on an accent after her Amazon device refused to cooperate with her requests."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/you-just-hate-scottish-people-12582121#ICID=Android_DailyRecordNewsApp_AppShare

22 degrees down here AGAIN today. I'm burnt to a lovely lobster red colour.

And I've no done any of the roof work yet. Attacked by the Hydra of Highcliffe snake.

Burnt lobster red.

Gazillion s of ants and wee flying things I've never seen before.

Here for a minimum of another week methinks.

Cannae wait tae get hame to nice chilly Edinburgh
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 281
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2018 6:10:49 AM
naebady unnerstands yoose!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAz_UvnUeuU
 NewYorker58
Msg: 282
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2018 10:55:23 PM
That was funny! Alexa probably doesn't understand an Irish brogue either

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread. Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 283
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2018 5:55:39 AM
How funny is this? At last someone who supports London labour shoving their identity driven politics back at them.

Well done mate........

"Labour has suspended an activist who attempted to stand as women’s officer while claiming he identified as a woman “on Wednesdays”, as the party’s ruling body reaffirmed transgender women were eligible to stand on all-women shortlists.

Party sources said David Lewis, who was a candidate to be Basingstoke Labour party’s women’s officer, had been suspended pending an investigation.

Lewis said he had decided to stand for the role, which party rules say can only be held by a woman, in order to draw attention to Labour’s policy of self-definition, where a person is recognised as a woman if they define themselves as such.

“I self-identify as a woman on Wednesdays, between 6.50am when my alarm goes off and around midnight when I go to bed,” he told the Spectator. 

“My priority here is to inform the CLP, and maybe some other people, about what this policy means, about what happens when you say that someone’s gender depends only on what they say and nothing else.”

Before his suspension, Lewis said he had not expected to win selection as the party’s women’s officer. “I am hoping that my local party will be sensible,” he said.

A party spokeswoman* said it was “committed to upholding the principle of affirmative action for women” but said obvious abuse of the process would not be tolerated."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/may/23/labour-suspends-activist-challenging-gender-self-identification-policy

*is that no sexist? Thought it was spokesperson?

London labour. Winning the minds of normal working folk by being arseholes.

A geezer dressed up as a wummin is exactly that. Dressed up as.

"What does self-identifying as a woman mean? In what way is David a woman on Wednesdays?

“My womanness is expressed by my saying ‘I self identify as a woman’ now and again on Wednesdays. I make no changes in my behaviour or my appearance. I keep my name, David and my male pronouns. I wear the same sort of clothes I wear the rest of the week. I keep my beard. I enjoy the full womanness of my beard.”

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/05/meet-the-man-standing-to-be-a-labour-party-womens-officer/
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 284
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2018 8:18:41 AM
It's a bit of a minefield trying to keep everyone happy. They could try the solution adopted in a pub we visited a couple of years ago - thy have his n hers toilets and undecided. I've no idea what is behind the door.

If you're in Oxford it is in the Jericho area and called the Old Bookbinders. Really quirky. They've got a toy railway set on the ceiling, fireman's poles (easy girls) which go nowhere etc.

http://oldbookbinders.co.uk/

which reminds me how bonkers everything now is. The Jericho area is apparently relatively cheap for Oxford - £650,000 for a two bed terrace https://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/47384447?search_identifier=0bcff1312bf77672d6c670803542a6ea#FE1zKUlyoSOFTOcL.97
Really?
 Jacknher
Msg: 285
Posted: 5/24/2018 10:55:11 AM
The toilet issue.....would probably not be an issue at all in Rome. We were there 10 days and the toilet in our hotel room was fine. The toilets in the two international brands we used (Maccas and The Hard Rock Cafe) were fine also.

But as for the toilets in the local wine bars, coffee shops, restaurants etc etc........yak. Most toilets were unisex. One was a two cubicle toilet...one cubicle had a little male stick figure on the door and the other cubicle had a little female stick figure.
They were all totally mingin'. They all stunk and had suspicious puddles on the floor. One let me push the lever to get soap on my hands on the way out.....but I couldn't get any water out of the tap to rinse it off.....and there were no paper towels in that one either. Had to wash the soap off my hands at a fountain down the street.

And not one of the toilets in the local wine bars, coffee shops, restaurants etc etc.....had an actual seat. Not even one. I did start to wonder if they'd all been removed on purpose so that the women couldn't complain the men had left the seat up.....

Anyway the state the toilets are in anyway over there......I can't see them being particularly fussy about who's got what under their shorts.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 286
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2018 5:55:34 AM
And it came to pass that because some citizens are a bit questioning of the religion of peas that a new word was invented.

This religion is the one which comedians, who usually manage a nuns and priests mock fest, are like many others. In total Dhimmitude.

Any healthy society usually uses argument and debate to discuss aspects of something which needs asking.

But the chatterratti and the twatter mob have a whole list of istismophobic mantras to close this down.

But one phobia reigns supreme. It beats homophobia, trans etc hands down.

In fact they actually welcome other isms and phobias if practised by one religion.

But because normal folk are now not paying attention the twatterratti are now trying to make Islam into a race.

So you can be hauled to court for thought crimes.

But here dear reader (if any) is a question.

Can we white folk be racist to a white muslim?
 WakemanR
Msg: 287
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2018 8:31:39 AM

And it came to pass that because some citizens are a bit questioning of the religion of peas that a new word was invented.

This religion is the one which comedians, who usually manage a nuns and priests mock fest, are like many others. In total Dhimmitude.

Any healthy society usually uses argument and debate to discuss aspects of something which needs asking.

But the chatterratti and the twatter mob have a whole list of istismophobic mantras to close this down.

In fact they actually welcome other isms and phobias if practised by one religion.

But because normal folk are now not paying attention the twatterratti are now trying to make Islam into a race.

When it's so obvious the person wanting "debate" is a hate filled bigot, I think it's reasonable to assume no fruitful discussion will take place. You're so full of hate for swathes of society, the only thing to come out of it would be more labeling (something you seem to love doing), more name calling, and more juvenile posts.

Still, given you've been completely indoctrinated - while laughably convinced you're thinking for yourself - this should not be surprising. Good luck carrying that chip on your shoulder around.

Sooo glad I'm not your neighbor. :)
 vlad dracul
Msg: 288
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2018 9:22:02 AM
Walkman
"And it came to pass that because some citizens are a bit questioning of the religion of peas that a new word was invented.

When it's so obvious the person wanting "debate" is a hate filled bigot, I think it's reasonable to assume no fruitful discussion will take place. You're so full of hate for swathes of society, the only thing to come out of it would be more labeling (something you seem to love doing), more name calling, and more juvenile posts.

Still, given you've been completely indoctrinated - while laughably convinced you're thinking for yourself - this should not be surprising. Good luck carrying that chip on your shoulder around."

You sound like frank the forum fiend.

Anyway, can a white person be racist to a white muslim?

"Sooo glad I'm not your neighbor. :)"

I'm hurt. And wounded. Thankfully I have sleeping tablets to help me get over your (juvenile lol) barb.

Ya big jessie
 squareslice
Msg: 289
Posted: 6/4/2018 10:07:13 AM
Starting to ponder on who Wakeman may be....

Anyway, Download tried "gender neutral" showers last year... didn't even last a day. will see what shyte they try this year tomorrow...
 vlad dracul
Msg: 290
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2018 4:19:04 AM
Football. THE greatest spectator sport in the world. Although i was only a laddie i remember Lev Yashin. So with the world cup starting soon this made a great read.

If you like the football and have a bit spare time this is worth a gander.........

"The greatest goalkeeper of them all, Lev Yashin revolutionised his position and became a hero of the Soviet Union.

This summer, the image of him flying high will be seen by millions of people because it is Yashin who is on the 2018 Fifa World Cup poster.

He was an international star and an iconic figure, famous for his black outfit and flat cap.

But he had his childhood torn away in a country ravaged by war and died aged 60 after a retirement plagued by ill health that led to him losing a leg."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/yashin

And speaking of spare time. There is not much i like about the bbc but the long reads page online i really like. Here are another couple of stories yous might like to browse if you are sitting with a wee bit spare time.......

"In 1868, seven young Scottish stowaways on a ship bound for Canada were subjected by the crew to acts of sadistic cruelty.

Two of them died after being abandoned on floating ice.

Over 150 years their story was forgotten by all but their families. Only now are efforts being made to commemorate them."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/the_boys_on_the_ice

This story below is fvckin amazing. Honestly if any of yous read this and see it as 'just' another story yous need doused in jam and left tied to a tree at Wasps Nests R Us...........

"In the summer of 1937 a nine-month-old girl was hidden, with her hands tied, in a blackberry bush in southern England. She was found by sheer chance by a family of holidaymakers.

Now 80, Anthea Ring has spent most of her life wondering why she was left to die and who her parents were. Thanks to a leap forward in genetic genealogy she finally has some answers."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-43420678
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 291
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2018 5:45:18 AM
Interesting. I'm not sure how that would help her but at least she knows a lot more.

Here's a story about 7 Cornish Fishermen who decided to sail to Australia to make their fortunes in the gold rush https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_(lugger)
 NewYorker58
Msg: 292
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2018 11:19:38 PM
I see Craig Ferguson is filming a movie in Scotland with Kathie Lee Gifford. I really like Craig.

I also saw on a cooking show that shortbread, which I love, is Scottish in origin. They mentioned Scots laid down thistle for Vikings to step on so they'd hear them coming when they let out cries of pain. I know it's your national emblem, and a symbol on many things, like the Britannica encyclopedia, out of Edinburgh.

https://deadline.com/2018/05/kathie-lee-gifford-craig-ferguson-love-me-to-death-movie-1202381402/
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 293
Posted: 6/8/2018 12:01:22 AM
I witnessed a battle between birds and bees on Wednesday.
They were fighting over room n board in my loft.
First I noticed was 6 bees dead on the floor in the garden. Traumatic.
It went on for a good while so I’m unsure of the outcome.
There’s enough room, couldn’t they have just compromised.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 294
Posted: 6/8/2018 12:18:34 AM
Des Coleman is the coolest weatherman EVER!
I love seeing his face in the morning :)
 vlad dracul
Msg: 295
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2018 5:41:08 AM
Roxy
"I witnessed a battle between birds and bees on Wednesday.
They were fighting over room n board in my loft.
First I noticed was 6 bees dead on the floor in the garden. Traumatic.
It went on for a good while so I’m unsure of the outcome.
There’s enough room, couldn’t they have just compromised."

Did you no think to put a blue beret on like the united nations troops and act as peacemaker? A bit of an unfair fight right enough though.

I like bees. And birds.

Oh and big jo has been binned. Another load of posters massacred over on off topic.

Although i disagree with him on loads of things at least he had something to say. So if you are looking in big man i hope you come back under a new profile.

Cannae be arsed with all this banning lark.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 296
Posted: 6/8/2018 10:40:01 AM
....I thought we had no Mods........so are you saying
that we now have mob rule & that Match actually
stiffs established contributors?
Dear oh dear..........

vlad dracul
Msg: 297
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2018 11:15:13 AM
Bunster
"...I thought we had no Mods........so are you saying
that we now have mob rule & that Match actually
stiffs established contributors?
Dear oh dear.........."

Correct. There are no mods. But over the pond there is a war of attrition going on for some reason. There were around 4 or 5 posters banned overnight. One being big jo.

This has been going on for ages.

The uk forum is quite sedate to be fair.

Anyway.

Whos your choice for the world cup?

I'm trying to wangle a trip to cornwall. Operation cornish pasty we have called it.

Had one real cornish pasty. It was well boss.

Messages this short bollocks

Messages this short bollocks etc
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 298
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2018 6:34:30 AM
I don't get that at all. Who does the banning if there are no mods?
 Hotbeaching
Msg: 299
Posted: 6/9/2018 12:45:50 PM
Oh no, I love jo’s posts, they are the only long rambling ones I plough through, I agree with his views but don’t think. He really accepts others points of view. It’s a free world and let people have their views. I will always have mine
 vlad dracul
Msg: 300
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2018 4:39:22 AM
Chapster
I read the story about the cornish lads and their ship. I'm partial to wee stories like that. Gives me something to read whilst passing time.

So if any of yous have some wee stories stick a link up so i can have a gander.

I found this one below on the bbc long reads page...............

"A hidden diary written by a carpenter on the floorboards of a French Alpine chateau provides a rare insight into the private lives of villagers in the late 19th Century.

The most shocking episode deals with an infanticide - a story that clearly still haunts Joachim 12 years after it occurred.

"In 1868 I was passing at midnight before the doorway of a stable. I heard groans. It was the mistress of one of my old friends and she was giving birth."

Over time the woman gave birth to six children, Joachim informs us, four of which are buried in the stable."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-44265475

Ps big spartacus down in oxford would love this story regarding the priests.

Chapster
There are folk with multiple profiles who use them to report a poster. After so many complaints i believe the site deletes the reported profile.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Random Musings - Talk About Everthing