Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Random Musings - Talk About Everthing      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 401
view profile
History
Random Music - Happy MondaysPage 17 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
This one https://www.sunderlandecho.com/our-region/sunderland/police-urge-alleged-sunderland-rape-victim-to-review-evidence-1-8545072

is this the same one

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/714182/Police-arrest-gang-six-migrants-woman-abducted-raped

or this

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1849517/woman-claims-she-was-raped-after-her-drink-was-spiked-by-gang-of-middle-eastern-migrants-and-she-woke-up-in-a-strange-house/

there's loads on there if you use the right form of words - rape woman sunderland immigrants
 vlad dracul
Msg: 402
view profile
History
Random Music - Happy Mondays
Posted: 9/12/2018 11:21:50 AM
"This one https://www.sunderlandecho.com/our-region/sunderland/police-urge-alleged-sunderland-rape-victim-to-review-evidence-1-8545072

is this the same one

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/714182/Police-arrest-gang-six-migrants-woman-abducted-raped

or this

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1849517/woman-claims-she-was-raped-after-her-drink-was-spiked-by-gang-of-middle-eastern-migrants-and-she-woke-up-in-a-strange-house/"
there's loads on there if you use the right form of words - rape woman sunderland immigrants"

This might come as a surprise to you but the main stream lying press links you put up were the englandshire version.

The sun and the express both have Scottish editions. And there isn't much call for the sunderland echo up here.

Today is the first i have heard about the story when i read it today.
You would have thought a march of just under a thousand citizens on the streets of sunderland would have warranted a mention on the tv news programmes.

The march is on this link. There were of course no london labour, momentum #metoo, feminists or any womens rights groups took part. Maybe it depends who is carrying out the rapes and abuses before they protest........

https://mobile.twitter.com/jadeeeyyy/status/863369817004408833

And of course the Football Lads Alliance march in london last year. Up to 10,000 mainly working class protesters. Yet it was virtually ignored by the lying press.

Maybe they can introduce more draconian laws where protests can be banned. Especially protests by the working class.

At one time the nearly a 1,000 protesters in sunderland and the 10,000 at the london demo would have been solid labour voters. Just shows how far london labour have moved away from their core voters........

"The Football Lads Alliance is a working-class movement – and the political class wants to ignored.

Politicians are always going on about ‘the voiceless’.

Impeccably bred Corbynistas, all bleeding-heart ABC1s, dream of giving a leg-up to the little people and having more working-class voices in politics.

Which makes it odd, then, that on Saturday, London hosted one of the largest working-class demonstrations of recent years and these weepers for the voiceless said nothing. Nada. Zilch.

On Saturday they had their second gathering. An estimated 10,000 fans brought Park Lane to a standstill.

It was a very rare thing in the 21st century: a march organised by working-class people and attended by working-class people. Thousands of them.

But the two FLA marches have been different. They have been cries from below. And they’ve been all but ignored. Sure, there has been media coverage, but it has been perfunctory.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/10/the-football-lads-alliance-is-a-working-class-movement-and-the-political-class-wants-to-ignore-it/

Just out of interest were you aware of the attack on the lassie and the nearly 50,000 signatures on a petition for justice for the lassie or the nearly 1,000 protest marchers on sunderlands streets?
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 403
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2018 5:38:49 AM
Oh no!!!! Bad news. Big Brother and Celebrity Big Brother are coming to an end. These will be the last ever series. Whatever am I going to do now?

Oh! Wait. I never watched them. Phew -panic over.
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 404
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2018 6:43:15 AM
Hey Chappy..

Have to say that post was both very fast and very funny...

In other news..I`m going to be helping out at the Cantley Lodge pub on Acacia Road in Doncaster tonight or at least from 4pm..just waiting for my ride down there now ( its twenty to three pm here in Altofts ).. So if your close to Doncaster and fancy a decent beer...Mebbe see you there...

Bryan
 Theydidnotfixit
Msg: 405
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2018 6:53:31 AM
^^^ hey Bryan I know some one ......begins with p......

You are so lovely Bryan...vvvv
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 406
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2018 6:57:27 AM
Hello there Theydidnotfixit...

Last I knew young PollyR was with someone...so mebbe if she reads this she could bring her other half down for a relaxing drink :-)
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 407
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2018 5:56:48 AM
did anyone come to say hello Wrighty?

Depressing to see that 50 years on racism is still alive and well in America. Down there in Charlottsville back in 1957 the government had to send federal troops in to ensure blacks could go to white schools. 60 years on and the local counties are using the charter bill to achieve segregation once again, Charter schools are ones which receive money direct from the government. Apparenly this is more efficient allowing teachers to be more accountable . It would also mean that kids from outside of the area could only attend if there were space available. So plonk your new school down in a white neighbourhood and you're back 60 years. BTW do charter schools sound a little like academies?

The result is that in order for th counties schools to achieve integration as dictated by federal law, 55% of students would have to change schools.

Meanwhile elsewhere in the states, a client at a drive in Taco Bell was refused service because she was speaking English.

And in Texas I think, a female law office goes home after her shift, enters her apartment and after an argument with the occupier shoots him dead (he's black btw). She calls it in and is immediately suspended from duty. The only thing is, it wasn't her apartment.
 Theydidnotfixit
Msg: 408
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2018 8:32:26 AM
Did Polly turn up Bryan ??
 UKBunny
Msg: 409
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2018 1:52:52 AM
'People should be proud of their council house - Theresa May'

S'alright for her - she's got a load of armed police as neighbours...........

Justanotherchap
Msg: 410
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2018 2:51:27 AM

People should be proud of their council house - Theresa May'

Tugs forelock - thankee maam.

Anyway, this initiative is just wishful thinking not a policy and most importantly is not scheduled to happen until 2021, long after she's gone.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 411
view profile
History
Holiday - small one
Posted: 9/21/2018 4:34:17 AM
We've been going to sunny west Wales for years now and we're off again in just a few minutes. For the first time ever the weather is looking bad. Previously even in march we've had full on sun. the obligatory fish n chips on the beach may get a little soggy. See you Tuesday.
 Theydidnotfixit
Msg: 412
view profile
History
Holiday - small one
Posted: 9/21/2018 6:40:30 AM
See you Tuesday chap

... had a superb late breakfast just now.
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 413
view profile
History
Holiday - small one
Posted: 9/21/2018 1:03:49 PM
Feeling sad on a level I know reasonably I shouldn't. Was told earlier today someone I didn't see very often but cared about committed suicide. I cannot shake a sort of pissed off feeling that's combined with a feeling of loss.
I feel the world is less without her.
I need to journal something, to write about her, write about my memories of and with her. To celebrate and remember her.
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 414
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2018 3:30:48 AM
Reply to Message 408 - Theydidnotfixit.

No young man Polly didn't turn up unless she did and I missed her...I`m generally all over the pub doing various things to help keep the place running as smooth as possible, but thanks so much for asking.

I`m actually back at the Cantley Lodge pub in Doncaster today from 3pm and tomorrow from 12pm..luckily for me I get lent a nice car to drive back here to Altofts then i return the following day...we have a very good system in place.

Bryan
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 415
Holiday - small one
Posted: 9/24/2018 12:00:12 AM
Nicola, sad to hear about your loss, I’ve never experienced this on a personal level but can empathise by imagining how I’d feel if I heard this news about someone I know. Very sad.
 PollyR107
Msg: 416
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2018 4:12:47 PM
Hi, wrightbus71 and theydidnotfixit.

I didn’t go, unfortunately. It was a school night and we both had to start work early the next day.

Did you have a good time?
 PollyR107
Msg: 417
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2018 11:49:48 PM
Lol, i meant to say it was a Friday night. This bloody autocorrect thing on my phone!
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 418
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2018 2:56:34 AM
I'm back. Doesn't look like you missed me, doesn't look like anything happened at all really. What's the icon for tumbleweed blowing down the street?

Nice weekend away in West Wales. Bit windy but pleasant in the sun. Too lumpy to go out fishing or dolphin watching but the fish and chips were excellent.
 Theydidnotfixit
Msg: 419
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2018 3:58:53 AM
I'm about to have fish and chips now chap !!!!!!!
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 420
Posted: 9/25/2018 4:18:42 AM
I’m having fish and chips for tea!!!!!!!

Edit....that’s a lie, I just wanna be part of the gang
(desperate much)

What’s ‘too lumpy’ actually mean Chap?
I like Wales, been there a few times, very pretty in places.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 421
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2018 4:34:07 AM
Lumpy - the sea was playing rough on Sunday. The swells were too high and the waves were breaking (white horses). Even the fish were hiding.

The coast is lovely Roxy, very much like Cornwall but without the crowds. The drive back in sunshine was leafy all the way back home, luvverly.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread. (why?)
 vlad dracul
Msg: 422
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2018 8:38:16 AM
Only been to Wales thrice. Wrexham, Swansea and Cardiff when the home internationals used to happen. Swansea was the best trip.

Ive down dorset (we got lost in penicuik which is 10 mile from Edinburgh and where ive been many many times).

The weather was sound until the saturday when we were heading to walton on the naze. Waited an hour in sainsburys for a brekkie and only jasons arrived. Queue petted lip.

Pissed down all the day. Stuck on the m25.

Headed straight to the red lion in kirkby le soken. The dinners were on me. They never done food on saturday because of a wedding.

Petted lip got worse. So pissed we did get in the boat house boozer.

Sunday we hit the high street cafe in walton. I have NEVER seen a brekkie like their mega brekkie.

2 bacon, 2 eggs, 2 sausages, 2 tinned tomatoes, beans, tattie fritters, hash brown, mushrooms, 2 door stopper bits of toast and a mug of tea.

Just over £7.

Set us up nicely. Done the hours work then the boat house again.

Finished the job by 11 yesterday then.............

Nightmare. Never got home until 9 bells last night.

I have drive lag.

Still the Hibees are playing the mutton molestors tonight. Im going but the games on bt sport 1

Heading to the boozer shortly.

Toodle pip
 vlad dracul
Msg: 423
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2018 10:20:23 AM
As the bunster said on anoher thread the times they are indeed a changing. And we are in a culture of denouncing people for things that make snowflakes cry.

It was always said that what happens in america ends up happening here. What a great pity our snowflakes stood by while thousands of young lassies were tortured and raped. But i suppose it depends who is doing the raping in that case over here..............

"Ian Buruma: victim of Sexual McCarthyism
The ousting of the NYRB editor confirms MeToo is now a witch-hunt.

MeToo has officially entered its McCarthyism stage.

The ousting of Ian Buruma from the New York Review of Books is confirmation, for those who still needed it, that this hashtag movement is more about vengeance and censorship than justice.

For Buruma’s crime was not to touch a woman without her consent or verbally harass his female workforce. It was merely to publish an essay by a man (Canadian broadcaster Jian Ghomeshi) who was accused of sexual assault and then acquitted in a court of law.

When an esteemed editor can be expelled from polite society for publishing the words of a man who has not been found guilty of any crime, you know we live in dark, ugly times. MeToo is the midwife of this medieval-style policing of dissenting speech."

https://www.spiked-online.com/2018/09/20/ian-buruma-victim-of-sexual-mccarthyism/
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 424
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 1:55:48 AM
didn't see that, surely more to it? Such as, maybe he was told not to publish it?

Anyway, watching the world, that bloke Kavanaugh is getting a grilling over his possible position in the US Supreme Court. Seems to us a strange way to choose judges, our judiciary is independent from politics. Kavanaugh has been proposed by Trump for this position. It is important, it is a job for life and for some reason, the politics of the members count. "If confirmed to the supreme court, Kavanaugh will shift the nine-justice bench in a decisively conservative direction, potentially reshaping social and cultural issues such as abortion, LGBT rights and immigration for decades to come." These hearings are designed to weed out the people who are not worthy of the position. In this case we have a woman saying that this chap attempted to rape her over 30 years ago. Is that enough to condemn him?

Ah - but then I thought I'd look a little further and find there are 2 or 3 more allegations. But those are not being heard and a decision may be made today. Now that can't be right, a supreme court judge with a number of such allegations hanging over him.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 425
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 3:02:48 AM
Chapster
"didn't see that, surely more to it? Such as, maybe he was told not to publish it? "

And who exactly would tell him not to publish? America guarentees freedom of the press and freedom of speech.

So here we have a geezer, in a nation that yodels loud about its 'freedoms', exercising that right.

But because of who he let write an article gets the hurt feelings twateratti getting him sacked.

The canadian geezer sounds like a real Berkeley Hunt but he was taken to court in canada.

He was found NOT GUILTY in a court of law in canada. Canada has some of the most draconian censorship laws in the western world.

This is a nation that has seen a declaration that THAT TRUTH IS NO DEFENCE introduced into its laws.

On another note. I phoned the doctors today to get an appointment for a cortisone injection in my knee.

But no appointments just now for anyone. You have to phone the morning you want to see a doctor.

I'm hoping this is a temporary measure because my knee is giving me severe gyp.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Random Musings - Talk About Everthing