Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Random Musings - Talk About Everthing      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 426
view profile
History
Random Music - Happy MondaysPage 18 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
Goalacio!

Our surgery has an online system, you can book your own appointments and re-order meds. If we could do self diagnosis too that'd be good. Could be the colder weather setting in? I've never had a problem seeing a Doctor at our surgery, just need to go with the flow but I do appreciate the rules vary between practices. Can't see the point trying to get a cortisone injection on the day as not all Docs can do them I was told.

p.s. got quite excited this morning. Logged on to be told I had a message on Pof - yay. Just bloody Markus offering me something I can do without.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 427
view profile
History
Random Music - Happy Mondays
Posted: 9/28/2018 4:38:22 PM
Chapster
"Goalacio!

Our surgery has an online system, you can book your own appointments and re-order meds. If we could do self diagnosis too that'd be good. Could be the colder weather setting in? I've never had a problem seeing a Doctor at our surgery, just need to go with the flow but I do appreciate the rules vary between practices. Can't see the point trying to get a cortisone injection on the day as not all Docs can do them I was told.

p.s. got quite excited this morning. Logged on to be told I had a message on Pof - yay. Just bloody Markus offering me something I can do without."

I was the same. A message? Cruel gits.

Are we the only two alive in zombie apocalypse forum?

I'm well pissed but ****ed off we might lose contacts with our forum pals.

This is going to shut down soon.

Anywhere else we can go?
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 428
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2018 4:36:09 AM
Who you talking to?

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 429
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2018 4:41:54 AM
I sort of feel a reluncatnce to let this place go, it's been my companion when I'm bored at work for quite a few years now. I think we shpuld see brexit through though. My friend still reckons it ain't gonna happen. May seems to be setting this up so that the only offers to be put before parliament will be her way or crash out. The third possibility of course is that she'll get the boot and someone strong will come in and keep us in the EU. This desire for a 2nd referendum though would be hard to sustain as it normally takes around a year to get it organised, get the wording accepted etc. BTW, the fixed term parliament act which on the face of it seemed a good idea is constraining the options May has, In the old days if a PM is defeated in parliament that would be taken as a no confidence vote and an election called. Under the new rules that no longer happens and therefore is no longer an easy exit for May. Once again though we see the Tories playing wiht the future of the country for their own party political benefit.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 430
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2018 4:43:42 AM
Just another 23 posts to go before another goal, looks like I'll have to play keepy-uppy by myself for a while. That's another thing which will become a thing of the past. Is anyone keeping count? Is anyone still here?
 vlad dracul
Msg: 431
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2018 5:08:47 AM
Chapster
"I sort of feel a reluncatnce to let this place go, it's been my companion when I'm bored at work for quite a few years now. I think we shpuld see brexit through though."

I THINK that was what i was trying to say as well. These wee forums have helped stem the boredom a good few times. Even the off topic forum has died a death. Someone keeps deleting posters.

We had a roll call a wee while ago but it seems it was just folk having a wee glance.

I even miss jo sparts posts on the two things he does not recognise. Race and religion.

One day we shall wake up and all will be gone.

As for brexit? Just get on with it. Tell the gulag they are getting nothing. I've been reading loads about the dire threats UNELECTED suits are directing towards the visegrad nations and also italy.

I cannot understand this running around like headless chickens because of gulag threats.
 UKBunny
Msg: 432
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2018 11:51:44 AM
Sooo the Maybot thinks it's a wizard idea to have a National Exhibition -
they had one in 1924 - I started driving round the remnants with me dad
(Wembley/Ford Pop, if you care) - t'was the Empire Exhibition, but of course
that's got glossed over, don't want to upset anyone, do we?
I hope this one isn't going to be about bluddy velodromes et al..........
we have a great history of manufacturing, agriculture & killing Johnny Foreigner-
let's celebrate by sinking the French Navy (again), twice is never enough........
Suggestions, on a carefully folded 20, to the usual address.
Ta muchly.

vlad dracul
Msg: 433
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2018 12:12:10 PM
Bunster
"Sooo the Maybot thinks it's a wizard idea to have a National Exhibition -
they had one in 1924 - I started driving round the remnants with me dad
(Wembley/Ford Pop, if you care) - t'was the Empire Exhibition, but of course
that's got glossed over, don't want to upset anyone, do we?
I hope this one isn't going to be about bluddy velodromes et al..........
we have a great history of manufacturing, agriculture & killing Johnny Foreigner-
let's celebrate by sinking the French Navy (again), twice is never enough........
Suggestions, on a carefully folded 20, to the usual address.
Ta muchly."

Have you read any of the author Bill Bryson? One of his books is about how homes came into being and everything associated with the home.

A prime example being yonks ago when folk moved they carried a chest with all their goods. Of course they had to remove everything to find something.

So someone put drawers into the chest. Hence chest of drawers.

But his chapter on the Crystal Palace is bloody fantastic. Designed by a gardner. Completed in time and on budget.

If you pm me an email addy i will send you a copy.

Brilliant wee stats to throw into conversations.

Just watching The Mighty Redcar. One of our former posters lives there and said it was not too bad a show.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 434
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2018 12:56:16 PM
Been a mixed day today. Sent a price in for a job and got it. Some money for my lassie to help out at crimbo.

Then a phone call from my mate i Salford. A lad we know passed away early this morning. In his early 50's.

The funeral is the morn. He was a muslim lad. The only muslim i know on a mate level. But Ash never fitted the stereotype of what a muslim is meant to be.

He was a football hooligan. He drank. He smoked. He was one of the 'lads'.

I last met him just before the Edinburgh festival. We went for a pint.

He looked really ill. And now he's away.

I've never been to a muslim funeral before. I'm no going to the mosque. That would be disrespectful because I'm an athiest.

But it's a burial at the cemmy down at Cameron Toll.

Been a funny old day.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 435
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2018 4:17:58 AM
Super, smashing, great. Looks like she's found the magic money tree after all or is it that we haven't been stuffing enough fivers up G4S's nose? Or Maybe she's planning her departure as advisor to a big building company? I'm sure she's got loads of ideas to fill it. Like examples of all the cars made by UK owned manufacturers and bleach free chickens and one of every train the tory government ordered, RAF planes designed and built in the UK. How about holding it on on of the 2 aircraft carriers we don't need supported by their support vessels (built in Korea)? There's lots to cheer.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 436
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2018 8:14:06 AM
Alas poor uk forum. One foot in the cyber gulag.

Anyway. Watched Boris Johnstons speech. He was definitely making a play to become tory leader. Name checking ruth davidson was a play to tory party folks as well.

I think johnston is a tit. He may appeal in the tory shires though. The last election made grim reading for london labour as the tories working class vote went up whilst london labour got the wealthy snowflake vote.

Johnston is a daftie though. Thankfully we get a form of pr up here in the Scottish elections.

Im watching david dimbelby doing a panorama from 'putins russia'.

I could only chuckle when he (dimbleby) said about emails, phone calls and letters being watched over by russian security forces.

This from a man who sits at the head of question time where a 'handpicked audience' are allowed to take part.

You can be arrested in russia for speaking out thinking you have free speech.

Yet no mention of being arrested in the uk for exercising free speech.

Roll on brexit and throw in making the bbc accountable. How good would that be?

Any lurkers feel free to say something before the forums close down.

ANY opinion welcomed.

Toodle pip
 vlad dracul
Msg: 437
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2018 9:22:49 AM
WTF? Our government now becomes the nanny state. This is wrong wrong wrong.

Arseholes............

"Free prawn crackers and poppadoms targeted in Scottish Government junk food crackdown

Prawn crackers and poppadoms provided with meals could be targeted as part of a Scottish Government crackdown on unhealthy eating, it has emerged.

The move is part of a drive to restrict multi-buy deals and promotions on foods high in salt, fat and sugar.
Savoury snacks are among a group of "discretionary foods" being targeted by the Government, according to a consultation on the issue launched today. This includes "corn snacks, wheat snacks, prawn crackers, poppadums (sic)", the paper states.

It will also see cakes, pastries, crisps, sweets and soft drinks with sugar facing promotional restrictions.

Public health minister Joe Fitzpatrick said "decisive action" is need to tackle Scotland's poor diet which has resulted in an obesity epidemic heightening the risk of diabetes, cancer and heart disease.

"In many instances we over-consume and food and drink which should be occasional treats have become a daily habit for many of us, " he said.*

"By restricting, at the point of purchase, the promotion and marketing of foods that have next to no beneficial nutritional value, it is reasonable to expect less of these foods will be purchased, improving, over time, our diet-related health."**

Any place where "targeted" foods are sold to the public in the course of business will be part of the crackdown. This will hit multi-buy deals, but also promotions such as "purchase rewards" which could include Scots takeaway customers being offered free prawn crackers or poppadoms if they spend a set amount of cash on a meal.

A Scottish Government spokesperson said: “The Scottish Government is working to reduce the health harms of poor diet and excess weight.

“We are therefore consulting on restricting the promotion and marketing of foods that contribute calories to the diet with little or no nutritional benefit.

“We are seeking views on a range of measures and we value all views and responses.

“We have been clear that we are not looking to make restrictions in relation to main meals, and it is not our intention to restrict restaurants from including savoury foods, such as prawn crackers or poppadums, as part of meals.”

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/politics/free-prawn-crackers-and-poppadoms-targeted-in-scottish-government-junk-food-crackdown-1-4808486

*Says a daftie with his nose firmly in the trough.

**well lead by example arsehole and close down all your free food and drink outlets at Holyrood
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 438
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2018 2:31:37 AM
Isn't that true though of all people given a little power? We had a guy start a petition here to reduce the speed limit to 20mph in the town centre. I invited him to come with me on a drive through the town to see if we could actually achieve above 20mph, almost impossible. End of petition.

How many times do you hear of a new law being passed, the headlines always start with the level of fine. What's the song "everyone wants to rule the world" I think?

The other thing is we the people. We let these schmucks rule us. We really have looked up to them for ever, we've been taught to and there does not seem to be an out. At the moment there seems to be a power struggle in the Tory party. I can't see a single one of them fit to be left in charge of a school class never mind run the country (I look scathingly on the Labour party too with the same feelings).

We need a revolution. I think that will only happen when the middle classes start getting shafted.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 439
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2018 3:28:58 AM
Chapster

"We had a guy start a petition here to reduce the speed limit to 20mph in the town centre. I invited him to come with me on a drive through the town to see if we could actually achieve above 20mph, almost impossible. End of petition. "

Looks like we are the only ones posting these days.

Anyway we have the 20mph in Edinburgh. But what exactly was the point if it is not being enforced?

"NEARLY 1000 drivers breached Edinburgh’s 20mph restrictions over a six-month period - but just 55 of those drivers received fines, new stats reveal."

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/almost-1000-drivers-caught-breaking-20mph-limit-in-edinburgh-1-4711231

But you are correct about a wee bit power going to folks heads. As you know in the building game there are many many suits who you have to treat they are something special.

In my part of Edinburgh i have a local councillor, an msp who sits at Holyrood, a list msp who sits at Holyrood, an mp who sits at westmonster and an mep who sits i the brussels gulag.

All paid from the public purse. All thinking they are 'special'.

I long for the day when the system we have just now collapses. Millions of citizens are now seeing that their vote counts for nothing.

Democracy is failing because the neo liberal elites have taken umbrage because the voters are leaving for pastures new.

Just look at the treatment of the brexit voters. The Visegrad nations. Italy. Greece etc etc.

All because they dare to vote for parties deemed a danger to globalism
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 440
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2018 4:42:11 AM
Well, we'd better be polite to each other otherwise if we fall out there will be no-one to talk to.

I popped over to the US site, something about Israel and Donald. The first page on Israel featured lots of profiles no longer there and the Donald page was similar but not quite so bad. There are people complaining about the forum nazis, what's happening?

BTW we also have rules against tax avoidance and who is bothering about those?

As there's just us, I can ramble on about democracy now. If you listened to Cameron commemorating the 900th anniversay of the signing of Magna Carta saying that England is the home of democracy and Westminster the mother of all parliaments, apart from the dubious claims, it's also a smoke screen. At Runnymede 1215?, the barons got King John to sign because they were fed up of him overtaxing them. We the peasants though were still serfs by law until 1574 but had largely died out before, not because it was a good thing to do but because the rich were making more money from sheep farming than having serf labour on the land. As we move forward in history most of the blokes fighting in WW1 didn't have the vote. Would it be churlish to say that it was only because a couple of million heavily armed men were coming back to the UK that the government finally reluctantly gave it to them?

And today? well there are still people born to rule in the Lords, Parliament is stuffed full of privilege as are most of our institutions. The route to the top is still heavily weighted in favour of who your parents are.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 441
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2018 5:50:05 AM
Chapster

"I popped over to the US site, something about Israel and Donald. The first page on Israel featured lots of profiles no longer there and the Donald page was similar but not quite so bad. There are people complaining about the forum nazis, what's happening?"

The forums have died a death over the pond as well. There are/were wee gangs with multiple accounts who take great delight in getting other posters nuked.

Some good posters have been binned. It's mainly liberal types who post now and anyone who supported donald trump gets the chop.

Used to have some good debates.

A few years back i was working for this geezer who is a wannabe snob. Anyway he went to price a job down the borders at some big stately home. It was the big gates at the entrance.

Anyway he was telling me and another lad who worked there about the job. He said you were to call the owner your lordship. We burst out laughing. There was no chance of me or my mate calling him that.

Another firm i used to work for was miller homes. We were told that if we seen 'sir' james miller we were to call him mr james lol.

Christ they are so far up their own arses.

But a horrible thing just happened. My new trainers got paint on them all because i tidied up and couldnt find my slippers.

The paint is made to paint woodwork or boats. Doesn't come of with turps. So I'm pissed off now.

Tax evasion?
When those great and good start paying the full whack in tax then so will i do.
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 442
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2018 1:03:20 PM
Think this is the right thread...Random stuff etc..

So today ( 3rd October 2018 ) I took a group of 16 youngsters and their teacher from Leeds to Bishop Burton College near Beverley for a small football tournament..

The weather held out for them and they were a real nice group...

It was so so nice to get back out on the road again..
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 443
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2018 1:41:40 AM
Sounds fun Wrighty. I don't have a PSV but legally I can hire a 16 seater. I've been thinking for years of renting a bus and taking my friends down to the seaside. It would be great if it was an old style jobbie. We'd have to pack sandwiches wrapped in greaseproof paper. The sandwiches would have to be egg, or sandwich spread (remember that) or maybe fishpaste. And stuffed under the seats a few crates of stout to be consumed whilst singing "didn't we have a lovely time the day we went to Bangor" etc
 vlad dracul
Msg: 444
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2018 4:32:25 AM
Trigger warning. This post may make other posters self combust with virtue signalling outrage.

I'm sticking this on off topic as well to see how many 'liberals' are outraged.............

"We are all Ayatollahs now

We have just passed the 30th anniversary of the publication of Salman Rushdie’s The Satanic Verses.

Ayatollah Khomeini issued a fatwa against Rushdie and anyone involved in publishing his work. Rushdie and his ‘editors and publishers’ are ‘condemned to death’, said Khomeini on 14 February 1989.

What is extraordinary 30 years after this allegedly blasphemous book first appeared, and close to 30 years after Khomeini issued his medieval decree, is that Khomeini has won.

No, the Ayatollah’s foul call for the murder of Rushdie was not successful, and we must all remain grateful for that.

But his belief that certain words and thoughts are unacceptable, unutterable, unbearable, and that anyone who holds them must be punished, is now the dominant outlook of our times. And not only in the Islamic Republic of Iran but here in Britain too, and across much of the West.

Fatwas against offensive speech are now issued daily, by the Western Twitterati as much as by Eastern religious tyrants.

Indeed, a remarkable thing happened just a few years after the Ayatollah’s fatwa: Britain, the very home of Rushdie, institutionalised Ayatollah-style intolerance of criticism of Islam.

In 1997, the Runnymede Trust defined ‘Islamophobia’ as any criticism of Islam that treats it as ‘inferior to the West’ or as ‘unresponsive to change’. Also, if you ‘reject out of hand’ the ‘criticisms of the West made by Islam’, then you are Islamophobic.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2018/10/01/we-are-all-ayatollahs-now-2/
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 445
view profile
History
Holiday - small one
Posted: 10/5/2018 1:09:33 PM

Nicola, sad to hear about your loss, I’ve never experienced this on a personal level but can empathise by imagining how I’d feel if I heard this news about someone I know. Very sad.

Thank you Roxy - you really are the sweetest person.
I'm still feeling loss. She is/was my ex husband/'s aunt. A tenuous link. But someone I connected with and wanted to spend time with when she was around and who was loved by everyone who met her. A world without her is almost unimaginable. She has two sons, both in in their thirties. I cannot imagine their aching hearts right now..
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 446
view profile
History
Holiday - small one
Posted: 10/6/2018 3:55:53 AM
Went to a friends funeral yesterday. He was a bit of a pain in many ways, always amusing and always selfishly different. nevertheless he was a friend and there were a fair few people there. but aprt from the brother and one woman no-one seeemd particularly upset. It was a non religious affair and strangely flat. I'm not religious myself but every other funeral I've been to has been in a church first. The wake afterwards was a lacklustre affair too. I'm not criticising the family, probably what they wanted but I came away feeling flat and deflated with no sense of closure. The humanist chappie said we were there to celebrate his life but if that was the case it was mournful.

When you guys bury me, please take me to a pub and use the coffin for the bar and when you're all totally pissed shove me quietly out the back door whilst you're dancing to my favourite tunes!
 Theydidnotfixit
Msg: 447
view profile
History
Holiday - small one
Posted: 10/6/2018 4:17:43 AM

When you guys bury me, please take me to a pub and use the coffin for the bar and when you're all totally pissed shove me quietly out the back door whilst you're dancing to my favourite tunes!

Made me smile chappie ...it's raining in the Surrey hills ...
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 448
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2018 10:07:06 AM
Hi there young Chapster - Msg 443.

The trip to Beverley was a nice short time away from the office and depot.

Today 6/10/18 I took 10 ladies from Pudsey ( West Yorkshire ) to Blackpool and dropped them off and returned to my place empty, I go collect them tomorrow 7/10/18 and need to be there for 10am...its just lucky I can fit the bus behind my house, its a long wheel base 16 seater merc sprinter with boot for luggage.

I`ve often thought it might be a good project to try and organise a POF away day to the coast...

Bryan
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 449
Posted: 10/7/2018 9:46:20 AM
Always believing life to be precious, I never understood how someone could have suicidal thoughts.
Until my ma died. I didn’t want to be part of a world without her. Months and months of being completely reckless with my life, not caring for the consequences.
I don’t even know how I came to feel better about everything, maybe supportive family and friends.
I’ve never been so low since either. I’m glad I came out the other side.
Troubled minds are torturous.

Nicola.....I think doing what you suggested...the journal/memory thing is a really lovely idea.

Chap, what are your favourite songs?
You’re not religious are you?
Coffins are expensive, I’m gonna make my own, I can do a bit of carpentry, I made a big garden planter that kinda looks like a coffin, just need to make a lid.

Oh and maybe chop off a foot at my legs before I croak so I’ll fit in it.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 450
Posted: 10/7/2018 10:00:18 AM
Oh and off but on topic....I’ve had two very weird encounters today.
An older gentleman challenged me today saying ‘you (me) coloured people are taking over and we (him) are losing.
I know what’s happening’.
I was stunned because that hasn’t happened to my face since I was a kid. Not sure what ‘colour’ he thought I was.
Sickly yellow with a hint of winter if his eyes were any good.

2nd one a gospel singing older lady told me I’m not wanted here (just quietly going about my business in Asda). She said some other stuff too. I’m feeling decidedly unloved today.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Random Musings - Talk About Everthing