Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Random Musings - Talk About Everthing      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 451
Random Music - Happy MondaysPage 19 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
Golaccio!

Justanotherchap
Msg: 452
view profile
History
Random Music - Happy Mondays
Posted: 10/8/2018 2:22:45 AM
Sorry to hear about the racism bit Roxy, it's still about but I thought we'd pretty much worked it out of the system. We've made huge strides since I was a kid in that respect but obviously no room for complacency.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 453
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2018 2:57:17 AM
Favourite songs, are you getting ready for my funeral then Roxy, know something I don't?

I was at a Beatles concert Thursday and Friday, I'd forgotten hw much good stuff they did. The series of concerts i by the Album Project. They take one, or in this case two albums by their favourite groups and play them in their entirety with a few treats thrown in at the end. My memory is rubbish anyway but I'd forgotten most of the 2 albums which were Revolver and Abbey Road. I suspect a lot of my friends will be revisiting their album collection.

So favourite songs, well the ones that used to get everyone dancing when we went skiing were Dancing in the Dark by Bruce Springsteen and Walk of Life, Dire Straits. I like Hush, Deep Purple? too. I guess Brown Sugar is going to get you all up too. As asor of happy end of though, Moody Blues, Nice to be here. Almsot no one knows that last one but it is delightful. Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PrvCmj_c_I
 vlad dracul
Msg: 454
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2018 7:24:20 AM
Ooooo funeral tunes. Very apt. I'm rained off today. I have all the Boy's From The Blackstuff episodes on a memory stick.

Just watched the pilot episode. And George's Last Ride (episode 6). Gets me wound up every time.

So when my clogs get popped it will be a Humanist funeral. I've attended some really good ones recently.

And to balance that I've attended 3 Humanist Naming Day ceremonies as well.

Anyway funeral songs.

Edinburgh Man by The Fall

This Charming Man by The Smiths

Love Will Tear Us Apart by Joy Division

I'm Set Free by The Velvet Underground

And any tunes by The Smiths thereafter.

Messages this short thingy.

That case in Northern Ireland. The two week old bairn. Words sometimes cannae convey the disgust.

I know it is 'innocent until proven guilty'. I hope the subhuman scum gets tortured everyday by the ODC's and the para militaries.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 455
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2018 5:39:54 AM
If there is still anyone alive on the uk forums have any of yous experienced this below before? It's not the first time it has happened to me...........

"Symptoms of sleep paralysis

The main symptom of sleep paralysis is being completely aware of your surroundings but temporarily being unable to move or talk.

This usually occurs as you're waking up, but can happen when falling asleep.

During an episode of sleep paralysis you may:

find it difficult to take deep breaths, as if your chest is being crushed or restricted

be able to move your eyes ā€“ some people can also open their eyes but others find they can't

have a sensation that there's someone or something in the room with you (hallucination) ā€“ many people feel

this presence wishes to harm them

feel very frightened"

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/sleep-paralysis/

So last night i got settled down. Then i was convinced that someone or something was sitting on my legs. As i said before i sleep in my livingroom on the settee because it is the warmest part of the house.

Anyway the street light shines through the glass on the front door which means i can see light in the hall through the livingroom door.

I was convinced i could see something.

I keep two knives and an open razor on the table in the living room. And i was trying to reach the razor but just could not move my arms or legs.

I was also trying to shout but I'm positive it was only a squeak that emanated.

Lairy stuff like.
 Chastirin
Msg: 456
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2018 2:11:52 PM
I've not experienced sleep paralysis personally but I know a couple of people who have. They've described it similarly to your experience, Vlad, though I don't remember either of them saying they felt a presence in the room.

I was surprised to receive a priority message today. They've spent a token on me, they must be keen, or so I thought. Disappointingly it's "markus (POF Team)" thanking me for having been a member for a week. He really didn't have to.
 UKBunny
Msg: 457
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2018 10:01:29 AM
You're beginning to see how this 'site' works -
a message from Marcus (who is long gone)
encouraging you to throw money up the wall.........

Theydidnotfixit
Msg: 458
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2018 7:14:10 AM
Just having a lovely cup of tea and I just introduced a
mars bar into the proceedings. I'm far from being
a sybarite but I have to say I'm feeling quite lovely.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 459
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2018 3:48:43 PM
Chast
"I've not experienced sleep paralysis personally but I know a couple of people who have. They've described it similarly to your experience, Vlad, though I don't remember either of them saying they felt a presence in the room."

Show the folk that description that i put up. If it was a happy experience you would not freeze like that. Honest pal it is a malevolent being that appaears.

Have a wee gander at the painting from 1781. It is that. Ask your pals again. I put it down to drink and drug abuse at first. But nope. Twas real.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Chapster
Well done geezer.

The vladster went full on with a scottish politician last night. My mate scary mary has a barbers shop. The Best Little Hairhouse. I popped in last night and apparently scared him because i cannot get a council hoose.

I abused him and scary threw me out her shop.

But hey. The over privileged tosser now knows that not all citizens are a bovine herd.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 460
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2018 6:00:10 PM
Intolerant illiberal liberal dafties. One day we, the citizens will exact a revenge on yous rodents that will be biblical.

I fvckin despise you cvnts............

"In this proud land we grew up strong
We were wanted all along
I was taught to fight, taught to win
I never thought I could fail

No fight left or so it seems
I am a man whose dreams have all deserted
I've changed my name, I've changed my face
But no one wants you when you lose

Don't give up
'Cause you have friends
Don't give up
You're not beaten yet
Don't give up
I know you can make it good

Though I saw it all around
Never thought I could be affected
Thought that we'd be the last to go
It is so strange the way things turn

Drove the night toward my home
The place that I was born, on the lakeside
As daylight broke, I saw the earth
The trees had burned down to the ground

Don't give up
You still have us
Don't give up
We don't need much of anything
Don't give up
'Cause somewhere there's a place
Where we belong

Rest your head
You worry too much
It's going to be alright
When times get rough
You can fall back on us
Don't give up
Please don't give up

'Got to walk out of here
I can't take anymore
Going to stand on that bridge
Keep my eyes down below
Whatever may come
And whatever may go
That river's flowing
That river's flowing

Moved on to another town
Tried hard to settle down
For every job, so many men
So many men no-one needs

Don't give up
'Cause you have friends
Don't give up
You're not the only one
Don't give up
No reason to be ashamed
Don't give up
You still have us
Don't give up now
We're proud of who you are
Don't give up
You know it's never been easy
Don't give up
'Cause I believe there's a place
There's a place where we belong"
 Theydidnotfixit
Msg: 461
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2018 6:46:08 AM
Princess Eugenie got married on Friday. I didn't see it as I was at work. There's a lovely picture of her on page three of yesterday's mail. Lots of celebrities were there too, such as, Demi Moore, under the rubric, fixed smile, James Blunt, Jimmy Carr, Tracey Emin , Stephen fry and his husband Elliott, to mention just a few, all gathered at St George's chapel in Windsor castle. She even showed her op scars, from the Scoliosis on her spine when she was twelve. It all looked such great fun. They drove off in a silver Aston Martin, it was just lovely. Hope it all goes well..

I think it's still the case we haven't left the European prison. It's been over two years now. Why we would
wish to align ourselves to German interests and not our own is really weird. We really must man up. Or is that
woman up. Didn't wars get fought over this in the 1900s kids?

Stock markets have been falling this week. This came after a sell off in the bond markets. We should never have voted brexit you know. Did you know that London house prices have been falling for five quarters. Apparently it's Brexit. Our elite (betters)have deigned to tell as much.

Did you know that Roman elites, towards the end were 200,000 times better off than commoners ?
Yep, productive participation did start to decline.I don't know what the Latin is ( if that's what they spoke) but I guess the workers said feck giving them all our labour. Needless to say the elite then produced a manifesto pledge of bread and circuses to maintain control. While joining them in the wealth destructing side of the economy whilst of course still maintaining their no doubt deserved wealth gap. It's so lucky we don't reside in that situation having the michael taken out of us all day and every day.

So the story this far December; 2015 the U.S. federal reserve bank, ( it isn't federal , it has no reserves and it isn't a bank) under then dear Janet yellen, decided to lift interest rates a mighty quarter of one percent. The Fed fund's rate is now 2%.. While also selling down their balance sheet. This is known as QT or quantitative tightening and has now reached $250 billion dollars.

This has created havoc, not for the first time, in emerging markets. Argentine interest rates at 60%
etc... why ? Because the dollar is the world's reserve currency, 62 % of global central banking reserves are
in dollars. 80 % of global trade is conducted in dollars. And nearly a hundred percent of global oil
trade is in dollars. And a strong dollar means for them , inflation and poverty.

The world needs a weak dollar not a strengthening one. The emerging markets are in disarray. And all this mess is travelling to Europe via Italy, and China. And in the end by the hour America.

2008 was a warning. They did not fix it. Once you Print pretend money you don't stop. So after the the pathetically invented name for counterfeiting money, Quantitative easing. We have now the pretence that we can stop. That we can Quantitatively tighten.

Quantitative easing , globally, reached its acme in 2017. When the world reached $180 billion a month
in dollar terms, nine years!! into an "economic recovery". By December 2018 if we take them at
their word that will be zero. I can't believe with all the unproductive debt in this world unable to be
serviced at negative interest rates how this all gets reversed back to Q.E. without us be roused from our slumber.

Asset price inflation is the worst inflation because it feels so good to us who have them. For us sound money, if we understand the term, is an annoyance. We feel great stealing from other people's tables, although many would never concede such a thing. Preferring to bask in the childish belief that they are fantastic or shrewd investors and that anyone could do it, which is true, but not all.

Assets act as collateral, when assets get inflated they support larger loans. When assets get deflated, they support smaller loans. We have a sick system that must inflate or die. The days when we could deflate a little, causing recessions, are now gone. Until we reset the monetary system any deleveraging either natural or governmental will always be systemic.
 UKBunny
Msg: 462
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2018 10:11:01 AM
'2008 was a warning.'
That was ten years ago - in ten years time
I'll (probably) be dead....
so it ain't 'my' problem, friend..........

Theydidnotfixit
Msg: 463
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2018 10:29:28 AM
Looking hot bunny ...
 vlad dracul
Msg: 464
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2018 1:30:10 AM
I've asked a few times on here about sign language. Is it universal? Are there slang words. Well lo and behold this morning on sky news is comedian ray bradshaw.

The Scottish geezer who's ma and dad are both deaf and who learned sign language at an early age was being interviewed by SJ just now.

He is taking his comedy show on tour. As he does his show he signs at the same time. I'm sure he said 500 deaf citizens have went to their first comedy show to see him.

Fair play to him. SJ asked him about sign language. He said every nation has their own sign language. Apparently the shermans only use one hand to sign.

Lol in australia the aussia sign for coca cola is the uk word for sex.

Jackie who does the sport was away to do a bit on the Scotland game last night. She asked him what the sign was for lost again?

He said 'just say Scotland'.

Sad but true.

But fair play to the laddie.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 465
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2018 1:46:37 AM
I'd always assumed sign language was international but no, you are right, every country has its own.

Pauline ain't here otherwise I'm sure she would have had something to say about the Royal wedding. I'm sure it was all lovely but let's be clear it was between someone who no-one cares about to someone who no-one has ever heard of. Apparently he was a waiter in Verbier where she met him and is now a brand manager for Clooneys tequila. She is a director of an art company in Sloaneshire.

Meggers preggers. Something else Pauline would have pithily commented on I'm sure. Bang goes another few tens of millions in security over the next 80 years.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 466
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2018 2:08:16 AM
You know what i liked about the sign language story Chapster? That 500 of our deaf folk could get dressed up and go out for a bloody good night out and have a laugh.

The royals eh? As a republican the royal family are a thing of the past. Yes our nations histories are awash with kings, queens, princes and princesses.

Somehow the thought of charles becoming king has put shivers up many spines. Box of frogs barking.

The one that does interest me though is the laddie william. When he becomes 'king' the reaction, especially up here and over the water will be mad.

A king william on the throne. King billy. Catholics will react badly methinks. Whereas protestants and loyalists will be over the moon.

And if king billy is photographed on a white horse eating an orange then expect riots.

Maybe all the lords, ladies, barons, baronesses etc who owe their wealth to some old king bestowing land to some old ancestor of theirs could pay for the royal family?

Because it was OUR ancestors who fought the battles and died in huge numbers. Yet OUR folk got nothing.

A country fit for hero's. Err when will this happen exactly?
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 467
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2018 8:53:46 AM
Well the previous Duke of Westminster was quite forthright on this issue. When asked what advice he would five to someone wishing to make a few billion quid, he said to make sure that their grandparents ancestors came over with and supported William the Conqueror.

Oops - another William. I doubt many people this side of the border gave even a second glance about the name William.

vlad dracul
Msg: 468
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2018 9:12:06 AM
Chapster
"Oops - another William. I doubt many people this side of the border gave even a second glance about the name William."

Ha ha aye i don't think many citizens would. But it IS going to be problematic. Unless a deal has already been done to give the six counties back to ireland.

When we done the murals tour over in belfast our black cab driver was called kevin. I knew right away which community he came from. Not many prods in northern ireland would be called kevin.

And i am sure there are not many williams in nationalist communities.

As soon as you go through the gates at the peace wall into loyalist belfast king william on his white horse is everywhere. Wall murals, flags and posters in shops.

Just have a gander at the 12th of july parades.

Just hame and guzzled a goodfellows and stevens sausage roll and a mince pie from our local scotmid.

Well tidy.

Just a wee gander at this should give you a wee indication

http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/bibdbs/murals/slide1.htm
 kernowmade
Msg: 469
view profile
History
Random Musings - Talk About Everthing
Posted: 10/15/2018 9:36:43 AM
I haven't used my camera for years, the phone is so much more convenient nowadays, and seeing as it's always in my pocket or handbag when I am out, it's more convenient. I have the Samsung Galaxy 8, great little phone and camera.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 470
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2018 3:28:16 AM
Vlad, I will never understand all that stuff, it just is not in me to hate somebody because of their religion or colour. I don't understand why people hate Jews for example and I've done plenty of research into it. I'm not professing to be perfect, I was brought up in an era when racism was almost normal, there were hardly any non white faces around except maybe over in Liverpool or in the Chinese chippy. I fail to understand why people want to carry on a fight which was essentially fought between families for control of us peasants. I do understand how badly the Catholics were treated by the ruling classes including protestants back in the day. But I can't accept that as an excuse to continue the fight. I've only been to Northern Ireland once, around 6 years ago. We were stopped in our car 3 times by armed police patrols obviously looking for somebody. Not an experience I wish to repeat.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 471
Posted: 10/16/2018 6:42:02 AM

Roxy, know something I don't?

Only as much as the next mere mortal as in it happens to us all
All this talk of William, anyone else missing our Billy?
Iā€™m the same chap, races are like music to me, I never understand what genre/race goes where.
Like when someone says Asian when referring to someone.......Chinese, Japanese etc or Pakistan, Indian etc.....what do they mean? I only know Asia as a continent.
And are Nickleback a rock band?
 vlad dracul
Msg: 472
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2018 7:58:47 AM
Kerno
I'm the same regarding cameras. I just use my old dog and bone. I like blackberry phones. I have the key2. It's quite bulky because it has a physical key board as well as the touch keyboard.

Takes excellent photies though.

Chapster
The religious side would be funny if it was not so serious. Before going to belfast i read a post on trip adviser where a young geezer wanted to do his own walking tour of the murals. He wanted to visit pubs. He asked advice.

The advice he got from some belfast folk (although to be fair it was a few years ago) was because he was english then republican areas would be wary.

On the loyalist areas he would be treated suspicious because he may be military. IF he went on the shankhill road then stay at the lower shankhill which is uda controlled. Upper shankhill is uvf and more wary of strangers.

It's not even religion anymore. It's a feeling of its all have folk left. Republican or loyalist.

Theres a wee muslim geezer in glasgow who supports rangers. He was banned from every stadium in Scotland for sectarian abuse of catholics.

This is frankly bizarre. I think he has mental health issues. The clip is only a minute long but there are THOUSANDS sing the same song every week..........

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U3pqS15pNgo

Roxy
I think bondsy is up to no good. We've not had many financial reports recently. Although lots of it baffles me i try my best to understand.

Wonky donkey.
The t'interweb went crazy for this. The granny reading the wee yin the wonky donkey. It's great. The book sold out after this clip went viral.

My pal in canada got a couple of copies and she is sending them over. Cannae wait to read it to the bairns.........

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gbsZohEMn38

Oh and my tea in yous lots hands. The poll of polls.

Will i have my microwave meal of ham hoch and mustard mash?

Or

Phone a kofte kebab from the supperbowl?

The poll closes at 5.45

Over to yous.

Ps Roxy. Aye nickelback are a canadian rock band hen.
 Chastirin
Msg: 473
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2018 8:10:57 AM
^^ I vote for ham & mustard mash.
I make a mean chilli, courtesy of Tesco kidney beans in chilli sauce. Well, my kids like it anyway.
 UKBunny
Msg: 474
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2018 1:13:59 PM
Nah - the kebab wins, hand down............
(junk food connisseur, me)

Spectrallight
Msg: 475
Posted: 10/16/2018 4:39:25 PM

If there is still anyone alive on the uk forums have any of yous experienced this below before? It's not the first time it has happened to me...........

Yes, Vlad, I have experienced old hag syndrome once.

It happened around 5 and 1/2 years ago. A few months after a 17-year relationship when down the swanny, and in my new flat at the time.

I woke up pinned to the bed via my chest, so automatically started to try rocking out of it on my bed and it took like good 30 secs.

I never thought much of it so turned over on my side, and the alarm clock light lit the room. The red led type so you know the type and it was a small bedroom. All I could see was kind of in the outskirts of the light a face like an old woman but very very old, but didn't really register. I never felt threatened. In fact, I felt the opposite, and few weeks directly after my life changed for the better.

I checked it online next morning and old hag syndrome come up and read about it and was like wtf.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Random Musings - Talk About Everthing