Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Random Musings - Talk About Everthing      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 vlad dracul
Msg: 476
view profile
History
Random Music - Happy MondaysPage 20 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
Well the forum is split. At the time of voting ham hock had won. But the kebab are demanding another referendum.

The so called kebabers and claiming the ham hocksiteers were misled and are demanding a peoples vote rerun.

The kebabers are claiming hocksiteers are not connoisseurs and so did not know what they voted for.

Boris johnstone has said kebabers must accept the result. Bob geldof, bonio and tony blair are all in favour of a peoples vote.

Teresa may has put forward the chequers plan. Buy something from the takeaway and heat it in the microwave.

In the meantime i had a chicken curry type thing my lassie sent down in a food aid parcel.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 477
view profile
History
Random Music - Happy Mondays
Posted: 10/17/2018 1:56:39 AM
That just about neatly sums up this governments handling of Brexit. What is mustard mash? Not that I am going to try it as am on strict orders from the Doc at the moment. Really getting to love the taste of apples and tomatoes!
 vlad dracul
Msg: 478
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2018 3:03:30 AM
Chapster
Mustard mash just be mashed tatties with mustard mixed in.

It's very tasty like.

Why has the doctor put a block on certain things?

I always mean to cut out all the rubbish food but fail drastically .

My pal in k/town over in Canada didn't know what a steak bake was.

So I told her on cold days working in an empty cold house there was nowt better than a steak bake at dinner time.

She then, and I kid you not, asked if I had salad with it.

After I'd stopped laughing I said noooo. You put it inside a buttered roll.

She was horrified.

Another thing about ktown was she said there were no baked tattie shops.

A nice wee business opening there for someone.

On another note. A tale of two countries.

In Italy matteo salvinni deported a hate preaching islamist.

He also deported three islamists who declared they wanted to kill white folk and christians.

In the uk an islamist hate preacher is being released after half of his jail sentence being served.

A gang rapist Somalian was taken off a plane deporting him because dafties objected about his human rights innit.

The uks worst paedophile had his jail sentence REDUCED because the 32 years was too severe.

Don't know about yous but I know I would like someone in the same mould as salvinni running things.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 479
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2018 3:13:57 AM
Just getting old and overweight Vlad. My job is too much sitting down taring at this screen.

My blood pressure is fine which surprises them every time but am heading towards diabetes. So have knocked off the pastries, pasties, sandwiches. No crisps nor peanuts either. Everything calorie controlled at the moment and lots more fruit. Have managed to reduce the beer intake, need to try kicking it in the head altogether but not ready to put myself under that pressure yet. Knees are feeling better, I'm wondering if something in the above was making the arthritis worse?
 vlad dracul
Msg: 480
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2018 3:26:54 AM
It is mate. When I went for my x ray the first time the lassie told me that walking down stairs puts three times your body weight on the knees.

I got a full MOT at the doctors a couple of years back and all was fine. But it probably isn't now.

The only time I managed to lose a good bit of weight was when my lassie was getting married up in Edinburgh Castle.

I had bought a nice suit and had to lose weight to get into it. I promised her I would not drink for 6 weeks before her big day.

I managed it. We got out at St Margarets chapel in the castle and all the tourists were photographing her.

It was boss. Looking back though I did look like a wee fat Albanian gangster.

I can be very strong willed but always fall at the beer hurdle.

Was this in the news down your way?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/man-sheds-10-stone-10-13423959.amp
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 481
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2018 9:40:35 AM
Just thought I`d share this with the group, wherever they`ve gone..

So yesterday I decided to both create very carefully and then send via POF HQ in Vancouver my mass event invite for my single social night that I`ve decided to organise here in Altofts ( West Yorkshire )

I did my best to be both polite but clear in the invite and state that it was sent via POF HQ in Canada..

I actually thought that the majority of the adults on here would have picked up on that been over the age of 18 and understood that the invite wasn't directly from me..

How very wrong I was...I keep getting replies to the invite telling me that they are not able to get flights from the UK to Canada for a night out...So clearly lots of the UK members do not have the ability to understand a clearly written message...

In other news...I`m having a great day..
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 482
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2018 2:22:52 AM
Well done Wrighty. I've done 2 events and unless I hit on a different magic formula I shan't bother again as the email abuse is something to behold. I admire your pluck giving it a go again. With a bit of luck you might build up a faithful following to make it all worthwhile.

Keep on trucking, err I mean bussing
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 483
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2018 1:42:11 AM
Vlad - you're going to like this from a BBC interview. I'm with the guy all the way until the last para.

A Tory backbencher has criticised the government and said he would not have stood as an MP "if the situation was like it is now".

Johnny Mercer told The House magazine he was no longer sure that his "set of values and ethos" were still "aligned with the Conservative Party".

And he used strong language to describe the current state of the government.

He said he was an "inherently team player" but had to come to the realisation that it was a "shit show".

"And it's hard because people like me are in this because we believe in something, because we want to be part of something greater than ourselves," he said.

Mr Mercer, an ex-Army officer, has said he never voted until he became an MP.

The MP for Plymouth Moor View has been critical of the party before, telling the Telegraph in 2017 it was "in danger of losing credibility".

In his interview with The House, Mr Mercer - who was first elected in 2015 - was critical of Prime Minister Theresa May's response to a questions about investigations into Northern Ireland veterans, saying "she did not answer in a way that made me proud to be a member of the governing party".

And, of her Chequers blueprint for post-Brexit relations with the EU, he said: "That is your classic professional politicians' answer because it's right down the middle. It doesn't make anybody happy. It's the ultimate in not making a decision."

He said, "under this chief whip, under this prime minister, there is no role for people like me" but added: "That's fine because nothing lasts forever." He admitted he would like to be defence secretary - Mr Mercer has campaigned for veterans, including those with mental health problems.

Mr Mercer said that while his "set of values and ethos" had been aligned with the Conservative Party, "I'm not as comfortable that that's the case anymore."

And he added: "If the situation was like it is now, I can safely say there would be absolutely no chance that I would try and be a member of Parliament."

Before becoming an MP, Mr Mercer served with 29 Commando, part of the Royal Artillery and completed three tours in Afghanistan. He won his Devon seat from Labour in 2015 and increased his majority in last year's snap election.

Mr Mercer is currently appearing in the Channel 4 series Celebrity Hunted, in which eight well-known personalities go "on the run" in pairs and have to evade a team of former police, military and intelligence experts given the job of tracking them down.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 484
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2018 10:09:30 AM
Chapster
"Vlad - you're going to like this from a BBC interview. I'm with the guy all the way until the last para."

The geezer sounds boss. Says the things normal folk say. He's ex military. Done his bit. He should be fighting tooth and nail to help squaddies who are toiling.

Yet he goes on a fvcking stupid tv show!!!!!!!!!

Wonder if this is a long play to be tory top boy? Look at me. I'm on telly.

How sad. How long till the Abbottsaurus goes crashing through the jungle like a behemoth? Sitting beside call me dave, the liberal twat, tony blairs weirdo pal(s) mandelson?

I wouldnt mind if it was I'm a two faced politician get me out of here. As long as no one takes them up on it.

Hardwood floors.

Own up. Who has them? My bad knee is donald ducked with being up and down like katie prices knickers this week.

10 pain killers through the day and still I'm knackered. Stupid cat meowing to get in then legging it when i open the door. Theres a bloody cat flap.

Bah humbug etc etc

On a better note though the copies of the book The Wonky Donkey have arrived. Cannae wait to read it too the bairns on monday.

(Lord) Hee Haw
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 485
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2018 12:53:08 PM
I didn't watch the wedding on telly. But I must admit I have been charmed by the coverage I've seen since. They appear to be a couple stupidly wonderfully in love. And why not? I did this. Some time ago. And one hundred billion million have done too. I look back in fondness, after the fact. And there was a lot of humour in their wedding too..

Another crap week at work. Don't want to, even if I could, think about changing jobs. But my daughter said to me the other day I am always whinging about how awful/stressful/****ing bonkers/etc etc my work is. Why am I doing this, day after day? I need a week - at least - of organising everything I need to do. I KNOW I am not the only one. But I have got to change something soon.. do something different.. work smarter, not harder..
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 486
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2018 1:15:21 PM
Where is the button to post a new thread?
Am I possibly banned from doing so? How do I know I am, other than I cannot find the [I know it is not called a button, but what is it called?]
I wanted to ask something..and now I cannot remember what it was..

Gahhhh! Found it. New Thread. OK. Once I remember what I wanted to post, I'll try remember where the button is. Synchronicity is all..
 vlad dracul
Msg: 487
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2018 1:44:09 AM
Making A Murderer.

Did any of yous watch it? I watched the first one and unless there was loads of evidence not shown on the tv show i find it hard to see how the two of them were found guilty.

The young laddie was actually fed lines by the polis that would make a confession.

The prosecutor came over as a complete tool to be honest.

And the victims family are rightly concerned about her murder being used for tv. I do feel for them. But it WAS compelling telly.

So series 2 has just started on netflix over here. I do not like the lawyer who is trying to get avery free. She is so cold and distant.

I'm watching episode one just now and the re enactment of the victims body being thrown in the car and the lawyer calling the mannequin 'she' in her manner is quite disturbing.

But even after one episode the evidence against avery seems to be getting pulled apart.

What think ye oh great and good forumites?
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 488
Posted: 10/21/2018 4:48:24 AM
Ah well everyone’s guilty of summat :)
I’m kidding, I haven’t watched it.
I have however been to legoland, I’d recommend it to everyone.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 489
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2018 5:28:41 AM
Roxy
"Ah well everyone’s guilty of summat :)
I’m kidding, I haven’t watched it.
I have however been to legoland, I’d recommend it to everyone."

I have never been guilty of anything i have been found not guilty of in a court of law.

That is of course a Scottish court of law. In which englandshire law matters not.

I've had a wee drink so i have no clue where this is heading.

Messages this short.

Pissing with rain up here earlier.

Its monday the morn up here.

Messages this short.

Hows the weather in Brum?

Only been brum twice. Football both times.

Knocked unconcious at the mcdonalds near new street station.

But hey. Thats how it goes
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 490
Posted: 10/21/2018 8:36:41 AM
Not guilty doesn’t mean innocent young Vladster :)
Brum has seen sunshine all day, it’s only just going cooler.
And I’ve just poured my first voddy of the day, later than I’d intended but hopefully that means I’ll still be up at 8.....maybe not.
Can’t decide whether to play some tunes or stick a film on, I’m not used to having so much time to myself lately.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 491
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2018 8:50:42 AM
Even younger Roxy

"Not guilty doesn’t mean innocent young Vladster :)
Brum has seen sunshine all day, it’s only just going cooler.
And I’ve just poured my first voddy of the day, later than I’d intended but hopefully that means I’ll still be up at 8.....maybe not.
Can’t decide whether to play some tunes or stick a film on, I’m not used to having so much time to myself lately."

Has too be a tune like.

Roxy Musics in every dream home a heartache.

Or ive just listened to Calexico and The Crystal Frontier.

Ive guzzled my carry oot. Now store bound. Case of stella and a bottle of pinot grigio.

Here what about abba missy? Nowt like an abba song.

Im a shoe gazing indie kid (albeit an ancient one) but abba get my doris days tapping. (Doris days are taes as in toes in Scottish rhyming slang)

I got laid flat out sparko at the mcdonalds near new street station lol

We had played villa. After the ko we went to the pub. Villas boys asked us to leave.

Went to spurs v Leicester at villa. Met a lassie in a boozer near the bull ring.

Good couple of months that lasted.

Brum always rbeminded me of Crossroads

C'mon Roxy. Do The Strand
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 492
Posted: 10/21/2018 9:56:22 AM
Music it is, I’m so easily led.
Lets stick together angel eyes :)

My brothers are the villa boys, perhaps I need to apologise on their behalf lol
In my defence I’m all about the city boys.
I need a playlist.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 493
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2018 10:26:47 AM
Roxy
Tis ok i hit a few of them as well. But city!!!!!!!!! Weirdo.

Cloudbustin kate bush
Running up that hill kate bush
This is for you Mick Ronson
Little lion man mumford and sons
Sour times. Portishead
Without you im nothing placebo.

Any thing by the smiths, joy division or nick cave

Messages this short bollocks.

My mate is driving me up the shops for a carry oot.

Oooo anything by****ey rebel.

Kid Rock. Never met a mother****er

Fvck me

This town aint big enough. Sparks

Do you realise. The flaming lips

Messages again

Its the end of the world as we know it REM

Shipbuilding robert wyatt

Messages this short again.

Dont give up. Peter gabriel and kate bush
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 494
Posted: 10/21/2018 11:21:49 AM
Thinking of songs that really give me a buzz when I hear them, like pick me up tunes.
Freeway- Kurt Vile
Cabron- Chilis
Hanging on a string- Loose Ends, still sounds so decent.
Lutan Fyah- Spliff Tail
Return of the Mack- Mark Morrison, I mean who seriously doesn’t wanna smile and dance when they hear it.

Ok I’m gonna do your playlist now
I’m very fond of the smiths.
And the Kate Bush one you mentioned was a single I bought way back.
Can we dance to the rest of your list?
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 495
Posted: 10/21/2018 11:43:00 AM
Middle 80s I was massively into soul, then late 80s/early 90s I started going more underground clubs, I remember getting my first uni degree but a lot of the partying is hazy. Once I had to get a proper job I had to clean up my act a little lol
 vlad dracul
Msg: 496
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2018 11:46:02 AM
Rox
Ok I’m gonna do your playlist now
I’m very fond of the smiths.
And the Kate Bush one you mentioned was a single I bought way back.
Can we dance to the rest of your list?

It rocks. Im dressed as my alter ego now. Brockley Spears. Baby Hate Me One More Time.

Ill take a photie and put it up.

Space filler

Roxy
Tis ok i hit a few of them as well. But city!!!!!!!!! Weirdo.

Cloudbustin kate bush
Running up that hill kate bush
This is for you Mick Ronson
Little lion man mumford and sons
Sour times. Portishead
Without you im nothing placebo.

Any thing by the smiths, joy division or nick cave

Messages this short bollocks.

My mate is driving me up the shops for a carry oot.

Oooo anything by****ey rebel.

Kid Rock. Never met a mother****er

Fvck me
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 497
Posted: 10/21/2018 12:23:09 PM
Is it really that cold up your way?
Actually it may have gone cold where I am now brb

Maybe I’ve warmed up from the inside out but no definitely not hat weather. I’m kinda jealous you can wear one, I look like benny hill no matter what type of hat I put on :(
I like those Mumford guys.
The theme running through your playlist is not very lovey dovey, do you have some real soppy stuff in your head? Barry White fan?
 vlad dracul
Msg: 498
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2018 12:46:56 PM
Rox
"Is it really that cold up your way?
Actually it may have gone cold where I am now brb

Maybe I’ve warmed up from the inside out but no definitely not hat weather. I’m kinda jealous you can wear one, I look like benny hill no matter what type of hat I put on :(
I like those Mumford guys.
The theme running through your playlist is not very lovey dovey, do you have some real soppy stuff in your head? Barry White fan"

I live in an aluminium prefab. It is baltic. I've been told i just look guilty as charged with my hat on. There is a lot of hatophobia going around.

Er my playlist. That IS the happy one. I'm a glass half empty and 10p short of a pint and its last orders and ive missed the last bus hame type of geezer.

I can give you my top ten depresser tunes if you want? Try the Pernice Brothers song Chicken Wire if you are overly happy. That will sort you out.

Primal Scream. Higher Than The Sun. Its on just now. Makes me love everyone. Apart from those i do not like.

How are you a nose and your bros are villains?
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 499
Posted: 10/21/2018 1:07:34 PM
Ahh you didn’t answer the Barry White question......must be a secret fan, it’s ok
We are chalk and cheese
A colleague told me Friday when they first arrived they found me weird cos I’m always happy/upbeat...ok, rather fresh but you’ve gotta appreciate honesty.
It’s not true, always happy? I’m not a freak!

Because they’re d1ckheads lol
No I worked at the blues ground in my youth, I’m loyal like that.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 500
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2018 1:42:08 PM
The Roxster
"Ahh you didn’t answer the Barry White question......must be a secret fan, it’s ok
We are chalk and cheese
A colleague told me Friday when they first arrived they found me weird cos I’m always happy/upbeat...ok, rather fresh but you’ve gotta appreciate honesty.
It’s not true, always happy? I’m not a freak!

Because they’re d1ckheads lol
No I worked at the blues ground in my youth, I’m loyal like that."

Another alter ego is my las vegas singer is Barry Guy. It was a user name when i first went on online dating. Meet fiends online (make friends online to be fair).

Met the love of my life on there. Fvcked it up through drink, drugs and a bad time. She still talks to me everyday and visits.

She could never suss why i could stay awake till 5 in the morning our time then go to work the next day.

T'interweb dating sort of saved me from going overboard. Long story. If your interested i will pm you. But she helped me by stopping the demons.

They appear time to time still. Blues! Weirdo.

Ps Barry means good in Edinburgh slang. So barry guy?
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Random Musings - Talk About Everthing