Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Random Musings - Talk About Everthing      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 576
view profile
History
Random Musings - Talk About EverthingPage 24 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
Gooaaallaaccio!

Or you could let me get a handle on your finances

Oh well.

Last year I rang all the electricity suppliers to get their lowest Kw hour rate and their lowest standing charge. Then I rang my supplier, British Gas, and told them my findings. They said they could match one or the other but not both. So I said something like, do you want me to move then, whereupon the guy agreed they could do both (but not to tell anyone ssshhhhh!)
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 577
view profile
History
Random Musings - Talk About Everthing
Posted: 12/20/2018 9:06:45 AM
Just wanted to post this here as its pretty random to others who wont even know what I`m talking about but it means a lot to me and may strike a cord with any other POF Event Host here in the UK.

So I want to wish Natasha the POF Event Moderator all the luck and best wishes in the world with her emigration to the UK. She leaves the POF office in Vancouver at the end of this week and flies to the UK sometime after. She is going to stay with her cousin for a short while till she can find her feet and secure her own place close by.

So yeh that's me...
 UKBunny
Msg: 578
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2018 1:10:01 PM
Dronemail?
Betcha 'someone' gets mail asking if they'd like their airport back?
(and why was it umpteen hours before the Army was called in?)
The staggering incompetence of the twats that are supposed to take care of us
defies belief...........my cat could (probably) do a more intelligent job.

Yours etc
Disgusted of Basingstoke.

Theydidnotfixit
Msg: 579
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2018 11:56:14 PM
I working by the runway... I'm live... and I can
report no drones and one flight every two minutes.
All easy jet and BA at the moment. Billy bonds news at 7.54 am gatwick.

Last day until sometime in january thank God. I'm in a holding pattern here until some fascist apparatchick....ahem...gives my test sheets his imprimatur..hoping there will be no turbulence...sorry ..I'll fly away...

No military about....no drones but then the sky is deeply grey ....I reckon it's all brexit 's fault ....
Quite like Trump for seemingly thwarting the industrial Military and congressional complex for now..
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 580
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2018 3:04:28 AM
Good luck to Natasha. does that mean there is no-one home at Pof at all now?

BTW was in Lidl today, they've got some nice collectors display cases for sale, ideal for your bus collection Wrighty.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 581
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2018 7:04:45 AM
Do yous gadgies and gadgesses have netflix? I've just started watching sunderland till i die. Bloody good so far. They just got caned of the plastic paddies in a pre season friendly.

One of the players is filmed out talking to supporters at night. He is pissed. Slagging off the other players.

Tis shaping up for a good show. Worth a watch just to see working class folk who have watched their jobs being lost and are getting a chance to have their say.

Chapster.
Sorry about your russian 'friend' mate. Still no doubt another one will be along soon. Who just happens to be living in africa.

The shenanigans at gatwick? I read someone saying it would probably be some climate change arsehole disrupting things.

The auld drac here is going 'hospitality' the morn down at the football. 10 of us have booked a table. £100 a head. And meet all the rest of the lads down the Iona bar after it to a 'wet the bairns heid' drink with one of the lads who is a 'new' dad.

Beltin
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 582
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2018 3:46:57 AM
Hiya Chappy,

There are now 74 employee`s in the POF office, there was 75 but now Natasha`s gone down to 74. its a really smart looking office judging by the photo`s I`ve seen...

Thanks for the info regarding the display units too, may be worth investigating and investing in.

Keep me updated too about your future visit up this neck of the woods..
 UKBunny
Msg: 583
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2018 3:58:07 AM
Looks more like rent-a-crowd to me............

https://www.glassdoor.ca/Photos/Plentyoffish-Media-Office-Photos-IMG1135502.htm

Wrightbus71
Msg: 584
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2018 4:29:20 AM
Hey up young Bunny..

I really enjoyed watching that short video about POF, I even saw Natasha but didn't see Ashley or Shannon sadly...

That office looks awesome...what amazing views out to the harbour...I`m going to keep my eye open for any suitable career openings...
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 585
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2018 4:54:57 AM
Wrighty - still on for the end of January - evenings of 21st, 22nd and 23rd. probably 21st best as I think I'll be expected to mingle with my fellow course attendees on the 22nd or 23rd. Natasha is welcome to come and visit me now that irina and I seem to be no more :-(

I can't believe they are all working for Pof - nothing changes on the site.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 586
Posted: 12/23/2018 12:22:30 AM
^^^I reckon someone tipped her off that it’s you actually scamming her lol :)

I broke up from work Friday. Great news. I had a few moments with another member of staff last day where we lost it. One of the kids unknowingly said something we found so funny. 52 or 3 and I completely lost control of my self. I tried to cough, pretend sneezed, I was so desperate to stop laughing. In the end I had to leave the room.
So inappropriate.
Last time that happened I was with my ma years ago at a funeral. What’s wrong with me.

Went to see Elf yesterday at Resort World Arena. One of my nieces is in it.
The lovely (I thought) David Essex is too.
Apparently he’s a bit of a diva and during rehearsals he was quite rude to everyone.
I suggested maybe he was just ‘staying in character’ :)
Still, fantastic show.
Going for breakfast with Santa this morning.
Christmas isn’t so bad I guess.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 587
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2018 3:03:53 AM
I'll mostly be in work over the so called holidays. My broadband at home is worse than rubbish, so easier to be here.

I was being an usher at the Playhouse yesterday and doing another stint on Friday. Bit of an Alice in Wonderland type thing. The kids loved it. I enjoy the change of scenery and got my photo taken with the cast at the end of show! Yay.
 Theydidnotfixit
Msg: 588
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2018 12:18:50 AM
Merry christmas everyone xxx

I'm of course looking forward to turkey today ...sorry ..And this Christmas I will be going to see Hamilton, it will be my second visit, and Something about Jamie ( first) and in January my first opera which will be la Traviata. I'm eating a caramac bar at the moment .....

vlad dracul
Msg: 589
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2018 4:12:56 AM
"Merry christmas everyone xxx

I'm of course looking forward to turkey today ...sorry ..And this Christmas I will be going to see Hamilton, it will be my second visit, and Something about Jamie ( first) and in January my first opera which will be la Traviata. I'm eating a caramac bar at the moment ....."

And a merry crimbo from Edinburgh to one and all (except frank the canadian whom i despise with every bit of despiseness i have in my ahem 'portly' body).

Heading up to rat bairns soon. 11 of us will be there.

Bondsy. Hamilton? As in the place just outside of glasgow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Messages this short thingy

'm of course looking forward to turkey today ...sorry ..And this Christmas I will be going to see Hamilton, it will be my second visit, and Something about Jamie ( first) and in January my first opera which will be la Traviata. I'm eating a caramac bar at the moment .....
 Theydidnotfixit
Msg: 590
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2018 1:59:14 PM
Yes Hamilton!! in Scotland vlad.. much familiar chuckling here...i have to say frank the Canadian must be quite the paedo to upset you vlad ;) I do hope you haven't crashed and burned up , I'm struggling, thank God the turkey and trimmings slogfest is nearly over... after tomorrow of course..

Happy boxing day everyone apart from frank the Canadian who is an awful wrong un ...
 vlad dracul
Msg: 591
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2018 5:49:00 AM
Bondsy
"Yes Hamilton!! in Scotland vlad.. much familiar chuckling here...i have to say frank the Canadian must be quite the paedo to upset you vlad ;) I do hope you haven't crashed and burned up , I'm struggling, thank God the turkey and trimmings slogfest is nearly over... after tomorrow of course..

Happy boxing day everyone apart from frank the Canadian who is an awful wrong un ..."

Now are you attending the racing at hamilton? Or away to buy narcotics? I see no other reason to go there. What a bizarre place to go (he says snootily whilst lounging in E/burgh).

Mind and try the buckfast when you are there. Tis a popular tonic wine guzzled by the gallon in south lanarkshire and the buckfast triangle in north lanarkshire.

The odious frank was a rodent. He was on a thread where he blamed a young lassie who was drunk and then got sexually assaulted. The steubenville rape thread on off topic. He posted as amatwat amadopulous or something like that.

There two stories on the thread about the same thing. One lassie topped herself. He also had a fixation with bairns being raped by priests.

A geezer pointed me to a forum on a thing called craigslist in canada. 5 pages about him being a sex pervert.

I used to call him 24/7 because he was on the forum all day. His legendary reply was "i am not on the forum all day everyday. I post on other forums as well".

I wish the piece of rapist apologist crap a very very very unhappy boxing day and an even worse new year.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 592
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2018 2:17:05 AM
I don't like him either. A crappy New Year to him hopefully.

To everyone else, a peaceful and joyous one.

My Christmas Day was spent with the family up in North Wales. A lovely warm bunch of people, as I say every year, I must find time to go therem ore often. The kids were extremely well behaved considering they're all between 3 and 6 years old and had a zillion presents to open and discard after the momentary excitement.

I'm back in the office. Working mainly on my driving studies when this PC thingie powers up properly although I shall be ushering at the theatre tomorrow. I've already done one stint on this panto but they're short of people so I'll help out once more - behind you!
 UKBunny
Msg: 593
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2018 7:21:11 AM
In response to anyone who thinks
that the death of your High Street
is the fault of Amazon et al :

Retail sales, Great Britain - Office for National Statistics
https://www.ons.gov.uk/businessindustryandtrade/retailindustry/bulletins/.../march201...
19 Apr 2018 - Online sales accounted for 17.4% of all retailing, seasonally adjusted in .... Consumers continued to buy the same quantity of goods, but with rising prices, ... point impact to gross domestic product (GDP) growth in the quarter.

.......... so there.............

Justanotherchap
Msg: 594
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2018 1:50:18 AM
One of our suppliers has notified us of an across the board 7% increase from 1st January.
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 595
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2018 8:46:50 AM
Hey up Chappy..

I`ve kept the evening or tea time part of the 21st of January free...it`ll be good to meet you in person...
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 596
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2018 2:51:35 AM
Still looking good for that date Wrighty, will keep you updated.

Ushering again at the theatre yesterday. It was a "relaxed" performance aimed at children with autism and such stuff. So no flashy lights or whizz bangs, no actors running through the audience, auditorium doors left open, lights only slightly turned down. One kid was on a mission to have the most number of wees in a session, some kids never settled and had to leave early and some of the grown ups were tricky too! Most managed to sit still enough to enjoy the show though and most loved it.

Absolutely knackering for me, had to go home for a lie down for a couple of hours!
 vlad dracul
Msg: 597
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2018 2:16:09 PM
How about this then folks? I was reading it just now. Facinating stuff likesy...............

"The Victorians predicted Brexit, the internet and Pot Noodle, 1888 magazine reveals

The Victorians had a curiously prescient grasp of life 100 years in the future, a magazine published in 1888 reveals.

It’s hard enough to predict what will happen next week in the current febrile climate.

But the Victorians had a curiously prescient grasp of life 100 years in the future, it has emerged.

Mass entertainment will be delivered direct to living rooms, automated devices would make us all lazy whilst England would find itself isolated from the rest of the world, according to the prophetic answers given to a futuristic survey published in 1888.

‘What England will be like a Hundred Years hence?’

The responses to the question, “What England will be like a Hundred Years hence”, posed in Answers magazine, a popular title of the day, were posted on Twitter by Dr Bob Nicholson, a historian of Victorian Pop Culture.

The Victorian time travellers imagined towns in which gas lighting was replaced by a network of “self-creating electro wire”.

Food would be “so condensed that a man can carry a month’s provisions in his pocket” – astronauts would be squeezing meal bags of condensed beef and gravy less than a century later, whilst the Pot Noodle hit the nation’s high streets in 1977.

Writing ‘rendered obsolete’

The phonograph, invented by Thomas Edison in 1877, would “enable everyone to enjoy at home concerts…music and words, and even theatrical performances.”

“Another article from Answers magazine (1889) confidently predicted that writing would soon be rendered obsolete by the phonograph,” noted Dr Nicholson, who discovered the title in the British Periodicals digital archive.

“They’d be surprised to discover just how much 21st-century culture still relies on written texts.”

England will be isolated and hold ‘no weight’ in Europe

Anxieties that a once great Imperial nation will find itself diminished and friendless are expressed.

“England will by her very policy of national aggrandisement sink slowly into the condition of a second-rate power (somewhat like Sweden of the present day) and her fall will in the end be accelerated by those whom she has in former years befriended,” it is claimed.

“In the year 1988 she will hold no weight in the Councils of Europe.”

Machines making people lazy

Many correspondents predicted the increased use of “fast-increasing automatic machines” which would perform human tasks but produce “indolent, conceited people” as a consequence. “Underground tubes will be made through which things will be propelled at enormous speed,” perhaps prefiguring the broadband network.

Travel times will be vastly reduced, with a train journey from London to Hastings taking one hour and 20 minutes, a three hour improvement. “Trips to Melbourne by balloon express” would become commonplace.

Three Channel Tunnels

The construction of a “third tunnel between England and the Continent” was predicted, 106 years before the one, and so far only, Channel Tunnel opened for business. Eco-friendly advances meant that “Heat shall be drawn from the clouds and light from running water”.

Liz Truss predicted

The Victorians imagined a “long haired” Lord Chancellor, implying a woman would one day hold the post – Liz Truss was the first female sworn in to the ancient role in 2016. However the “female majority” Parliament, throwing out a bill to abolish the House of Lords, has yet to come to pass.

The poor, however, will always be with us. “There will be double the number of millionaires, and about the same proportion of very poor as at present, who will seem poorer by comparison…”, it was suggested.

Invasion ‘impossible’

Other propositions included the theory that “Invasion is made impossible by the intellectual, self-acting pyro-aqua vengeance bombs” and the arrival of lightweight “inflata-vacuo puffs”, which when worn would allow people to walk on water.

So what happened to Answers magazine, with its mix of pessimism about England’s decline and fantastical speculation?

“Answers was the first title published by Alfred Harmsworth. It was to become the foundation of an enormously profitable (and powerful) media empire,” said Dr Nicholson.

“He went on to found the Daily Mail in 1896.”

https://inews.co.uk/culture/victorians-predicted-brexit-internet-and-the-pot-noodle-1888-magazine-reveals/
 Clear_River
Msg: 598
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2018 7:34:52 AM
Back to work on Thursday. I actually don't mind after all of the time off and general laziness of Christmas.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 599
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2018 8:40:27 AM
"Back to work on Thursday. I actually don't mind after all of the time off and general laziness of Christmas."

Here missus there's nowt wrong with a bit laziness. A mate of mine said many moons ago that i had all the get up and go of a 'sloth in a coma'

I have tried to keep up to that claim.

Anyway hogmanay. Edinburgh is heaving with tourists. And i hope they have a fine night. I'm staying in for the bells. I've not even got a drink in the hoose.

I'll hit my coffin after the bells.

Up to my lassies the morns morning to first foot her Clan. (The first foot is meant to be tall, dark and handsome. But hey times change)

So a wee toast to our dwindling band of contributors.

Best wishes for the new year folks (apart from frank the canadian)

Here's tae us
Wha's like us

Damn few,
And they're a' deid

Mair's the pity!

May those who live truly be always believed,
And those who deceive us be always deceived.

Here's to the men of all classes,
Who through lasses and glasses
Will make themselves asses!

I drink to the health of another,
And the other I drink to is he
In the hope that he drinks to another,
And the other he drinks to is me.

– Rev Edward Bannerman
 Chastirin
Msg: 600
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2018 9:22:12 AM
Happy new year Vlad and all others except Frank even though I've not run into him personally but he sounds like a thoroughly unlikeable fella.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Random Musings - Talk About Everthing