Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Random Musings - Talk About Everthing      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 UKBunny
Msg: 601
view profile
History
Random Musings - Talk About EverthingPage 25 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
Happy New Year folks............

I watched some of the International Cities fireworks,
and very good they were, until we got to Moscow -
which looked as though it had been set off from an allotment
somewhere nearby by Vlads uncle Igor......... :)

woz1968
Msg: 602
Random Musings - Talk About Everthing
Posted: 1/1/2019 7:21:39 AM
Happy new year bunny
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 603
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2019 9:12:16 AM
First things first...

I`d like to wish everyone here a very Happy 2019 and I do hope that its a very safe, healthy and peacefull one for you all.

In other reasonably happy news ironically as Big Ben did its thing I managed after hours of patience to get the engine fired up that I`d fitted in my latest car..So I`m now officially mobile...

Also Happy new year to both Squareslice and orangetiger where ever they are..Hope your both well guys..
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 604
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2019 2:29:02 AM
MIA I guess.

Happy New Year folks. welcome to the ****fest that is Brexit. I wonder if we should start a predictions thread along the lines of "What can they **** up this side of next Christmas".

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 Theydidnotfixit
Msg: 605
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2019 6:46:31 AM
Happy New year chap and everyone (a.f.f.t.c.) xx

I'm at the start of a 6 mile mudslog...just been playing rhinestone cowboy by Glen Campbell .....I saw mary poppins yesterday... it was ok ....not a patch on Hamilton at the victoria palace, Scotland though.

Surely, chap if we can just see the wood from the trees it's the ****fest, that is, how do we reverse the vote. :)

I voted to leave the insolvent mess. I didn't vote for a hard or soft brexit or a deal. I don't want a deal from
these illegitimate drunken child molesters.

Britain must be free to pursue her national interests by seeking out global opportunities of true partnership. Running policies that are in all her people's interest and serving as a potential example to a free world. But that starts with consent.

Globalist, centralising scum, the future is unknown, indeed unknowable. You can't model the future but you can use the broad Sweep of history to plot a sensible course through it. Sometimes it takes a modicum of profound stupidity to know that.

What are you saying here ? That a dictatorship knows best and even if we believe it doesn't, we have to go along with these things for some putative comfortable or safe existence? Except that way led to over a hundred million people being slaughtered in the last century. You do know biologically or psychological , you decide, we tend to think ourselves
cleverer than the next person. Just think the havoc this plays in intelligent circles.....and stupid ones....

More Europe is less Britain until there is no Britain even less france, just a self serving bureaucratic insolvent dictatorship. We have heard it from posters on here how these people act even in the so call good times. Reject the clip boarders please.

The absolute historical shame of those who won't see this but would choose to ape the childlike trustifarian dogma emanating from those deaf, anti-democratic globalist nutjobs that people those fraudulent, self serving, E.U.institutions.

We should trust all people and never stop trusting all people or indeed deviate from serving them or in the end you will reap the people you feared.

The practice of Politics is an art for disguising our lack of trust in our fellow human beings . It's really menace masquerading as legitimacy, consent, even concern for our very well being.

We have deep global liquidity problems going forward and it's not brexit's fault lovely reader. Brexit, Trump, the yellow vests, etc are but mere symptoms of political machinations decades old. It's the world's reserve currency, the dollar.
Except it's not a dollar but a liability called the federal reserve note. But that's another story.

Rise up ....

https://youtu.be/uV4UpCq2azs
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 606
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2019 2:44:30 AM
Just got my insurance renewal from Hastings. As I am swapping cars at the enod of the month and the new one comes with insurance I don't want to renew. The email directs me to my online account where I can modify my policy, give them money, change my account but not cancel. So I spent a half hour on the phone. First there was a five minute recorded voice telling me about fraud and how I could be prosecuted if....................then the usual 100 options none of which are quite what I wanted then finally 20 minutes of them telling me that 1) their operators are busy helping other customers 2) my business is important to them 3) I could access my account on line.

So I sent them an email saying I did not want my insurance to be renewed. They emailed back to say that this could not be completed by email but only by phone.

Surely this is criminal/fraudulent/a con.......................what word am I looking for? Surely the one thing you should be able to do easily is decline a product?
 Chastirin
Msg: 607
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2019 6:06:38 AM
It's certainly poor customer service. But I suppose they want to try and make you stay by offering a better deal. If you stated the reason to leave in your email though it must be some jobsworth insisting on you doing it the hard way. They should realise that people change their car insurance providers regularly and are less likely to go back to them later if they make leaving so difficult.

I never have those auto-renew car insurance policies for this very reason. Is the payment on a direct debit so you can cancel it with your bank?
 Theydidnotfixit
Msg: 608
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2019 6:12:44 AM
Just saw a driving instructor in a tesco supermarket car park, instructing his pupil to park between two
private cars. I was outraged. But then I thought of chap and all the experience about these greenhorns
he is going to have to amass in double quick time. It's not easy. My solution is not double pedals but a computer that can disable the car in milliseconds if the parking sensors sense a nervy novice.

I failed three times before taking my A game to the countryside. Many a Saturday morning in 1983 and 1984, I got into Harry's car over the limit. I don't drink now.
 woz1968
Msg: 609
Posted: 1/5/2019 2:13:15 PM
Hasting are A-holes but I don’t recommend just cancelling a direct debit, they’ll get very snotty and charge you a penalty, got the t-shirt.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 610
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2019 3:39:16 AM
I did finally get a call from Hastings though quite clearly they had not read my email. The female who called, asked why I wanted to cancel (I didn't, I just wanted not to renew). She was happy enough with that to ask me to hold while she put me through to her colleague (why didn't her colleague call me). Five minutes of listening to some crap music, then he wanted to know the same stuff. asked me if I could be interested in another quote but eventually agreed that as I was getting another car with insurance included it wouldn't be much use to me. So he said he would cancel it. NO!!!!! I don't want it cancelled I just want it not to be renewed. Finally got that done but it really shouldn't be that difficult.

I do feel we should be able to charge them for our time. These systems may be efficient for the company but not for me.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 611
Posted: 1/8/2019 12:54:24 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CH3rx8LhrQo

How I imagine Billy and myself if we were black, and cool, and could sing, and made a song together :)
 vlad dracul
Msg: 612
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2019 7:16:03 AM
Oooof. Kick in the bollocks day for auld me. Last year i got a call from nhs lothian. We have a major backlog. Would you go to glasgow to see about getting a new right knee?

Aye said i. So left at 7 this morning using my free bus pass. On the weege bus at 7.45. Stuck in traffic outside glasgow at 9 bells. Still dark thought i rather stupidly. Took me a while to tipple there were tinted windows.

Anyway not knowing the hospital i jumped in a black cab. Ends up the geezer was from kirkintilloch, drank in the booozer the chase, new the guvnor of the pub well and knew my mate gerry (now deceased). Small world.

Anyway. Private hospital. See the skinny wee rat consultant. Sent for an xray and seen him again. (All in less than an hour).

Skinny little git said I'm too 'ahem' portly and if they operate good chance of blood clots and then death.

Soooooo time to cut out everything tasty and lose weight.

Now i CAN THANK BREXIT. Because apparently we will have no food. So result i suppose.

Going to be a sad looking fridge with no beer in it. Sorry fridge it's all brexits fault.

Oh and ps. Skinny wee rat says to forget cortisone injections because the knee is too far gone and they will end up being detrimental. So pain killer city for me.
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 613
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2019 1:03:37 PM
Hi there Vlad..

I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish you every success in getting yourself all ready health and fitness wise for a really successful operation, and I`m more than sure that everyone else on here wishes you the same too...You can do it young man :-)
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 614
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2019 1:11:44 AM
Fibre, Vlad, fibre.

New research has just ditched the low carb diet in favour of high fibre diet.

That's fresh fruit, oats, muesli, bananas, whole grain bread and pasta, baked potatoes with skins on.

You need 30g of fibre a day to do you good and extend your diet.

A banana has 3 g.

Enjoy your new diet
 vlad dracul
Msg: 615
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2019 1:42:31 AM
Bryan
"Hi there Vlad..

I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish you every success in getting yourself all ready health and fitness wise for a really successful operation, and I`m more than sure that everyone else on here wishes you the same too...You can do it young man :-)"

Cheers mate. The new knee is essential so it has to he done.........

Chapster
"Fibre, Vlad, fibre.

New research has just ditched the low carb diet in favour of high fibre diet.

That's fresh fruit, oats, muesli, bananas, whole grain bread and pasta, baked potatoes with skins on.

You need 30g of fibre a day to do you good and extend your diet.

A banana has 3 g.

Enjoy your new diet"

That's no too bad. Apart from muesli. Ive mocked folk too often for eating muesli i cannot go down that road. Going dahn sahf for a few weeks soon apparently. My bread and low fat poly unsaturate job has demanded my presence.

So if I'm away then no going to the football. I do like guzzling bananas though and baked tatties are sound. I eat loads of baked beans as well. Apart from mince, tatties and doughboys i would reckon beans on toast would be my next favourite scran.

I've only 2 beers left in the fridge. And 5 slices of white bread. I was going to feed that to the birds this morning but the wee gits sounded like they were laughing.

And rat bairn has laid down the law so i shall soon be able to snowdrop some skinny gits washing line.

How about that yesterday at the private hossie? Taken 5 mins after my appointment time. Consultant, xray, consultant and out all within an hour.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 616
Posted: 1/11/2019 4:36:07 AM
My diet has changed again since my niece moved out, quick and fresh sums it up.
I can have a dinner knocked up in no time, minimum effort, maximum taste.
I didn’t used to bother much about what I put in my mouth but as an old ‘un it’s important I give myself what I need, not necessarily what I want.

Tubby ;) ......Someone once told me they ate 12 bananas a day, I called bullshit on that when I never saw them eat 1 in all the time I spent round them.
Surely moderation with everything is the key to success.

Fruits have never been my go-to food but I’ve learned to like them. I have it in my head they’ll help with my hydration when I’m stuck in an air-conditioned environment all day. So I’ve replaced other foods with fruit.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 617
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2019 7:42:09 AM
Well done a wee favour for my mate this morning and got a nice wee £ bulls eye. Sooo went to aldi to get some messages.

My poor fridge. It has never suffered as much humiliation as it has today. Full of veg type things and fruit.

On the bright (ish) side i got spicy onions, hummus, wee tomatoes on a green thingy.

Oh and cracked pepper cheese and oatcakes.

Rice and tins of dolphin unfriendly tuna.

In the 'healthy' section of aldi they even had meat free burgers? WTF? What's the point?

You ever seen the film Requime For A Dream? When Sarah Goldfarb goes on a diet? The quack gives her slimming pills?

Her fridge terrorises her when she is speeding away.

Beware taking the piss out of your fridge is the moral of the story.
 woz1968
Msg: 618
Posted: 1/11/2019 12:26:44 PM

I didn’t used to bother much about what I put in my mouth but

Anyone?
 UKBunny
Msg: 619
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2019 2:08:35 PM
.................... :)

Wrightbus71
Msg: 620
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2019 11:30:25 AM
Just too funny...
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 621
Posted: 1/12/2019 2:38:58 PM

Anyone?

Lol
No, anything. When I ate animals I’d have eaten budgie, dog, cat. I even once thought I saw a bowl of ice cream in the fridge so took a big spoonful only to realise I’d just shoved tripe in my mouth...awful.

Can’t wait to see the new svelte Vladster :)
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 622
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2019 3:38:21 AM
Interesting article in the Guardian about wealth managers and their clients - you can see it in the link below but I like this bit............

As Lane and Harburg put it in the libretto of the musical Finian’s Rainbow:

When a rich man doesn’t want to work

He’s a bon vivant, yes, he’s a bon vivant

But when a poor man doesn’t want to work

He’s a loafer, he’s a lounger

He’s a lazy good for nothing, he’s a jerk

When the wealthy are revealed to be drug addicts, philanderers, or work-shy, the response is – at most – a frisson of tabloid-level curiosity, followed by a collective shrug.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/oct/19/billionaires-wealth-richest-income-inequality?CMP=fb_gu&fbclid=IwAR0dwPOI7JlsyDFkM7BMiaK8lzBxSvsZeewdNnXASRPuNrOmlkQdGvzb_nI
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 623
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2019 9:09:14 AM
Ok so..

Its just gone 5pm here in Altofts ( West Yorkshire ) on sunday 20th of January..

So that means that hopefully tomorrow Monday 21st of January I`ll have both the pleasure and honour of meeting up face to face with young Chapster from the southern part of the UK who i believe is in Pontefract ( 4 miles from me ) on a part of his driving instructors course.

Hopefully he`ll contact me to advise on his location in Pontefract at some point so i can go catch up with him..

Also i do hope that young Vad`s diet in aid of a new knee project is going well...

Still no sign of Squareslice or Orangetiger either...Even Kirk seems to have bailed out...

Oh well we`ll have to see how the rest of the year pans out on here...
 vlad dracul
Msg: 624
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2019 10:34:44 AM
Bryan
"Also i do hope that young Vad`s diet in aid of a new knee project is going well...

Still no sign of Squareslice or Orangetiger either...Even Kirk seems to have bailed out..."

Slice got binned. Someone keeps getting his profile removed.

As for poor me? A tale of woe.

The thursday after the new year i started coughing. It was intense over the Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Eased off on the Tuesday, Wednesday. I went to the hossie in glasgow on the Thursday.

Thursday night cough back with a vengence. Never slept thursday, friday, sat so i phoned NHS (Scotland) 24 at 2.30 in the morning. Told them the drill. Sent to the hossie at 7 bells sunday morning. The hossie is a 10 min walk from mine.

Got seen. Thought it might have been pneumonia but a heavy duty viral infection. Got anti biotics and sleeping tablets. Eventually got a sleep on sunday night. Been laid up all week. Still barking like a seal today but no as bad as it was.

I emailed my mp when i got back from the hossie complaining about the key to choice house bidding system. Ive been bidding for years and had plums. Got an email on the monday saying he had contacted the housing department.

I did lay it on a bit in the email but needs must. Hopefully i will be seen as 'troublesome' and they will give me a council hoose to shut me up.

Hope you and chapster get to meet up for a gargle.

Ps. As for the diet? I never ate for days due to barking like a demented seal so it's off to a flyer.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 625
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2019 2:49:33 AM
Wrighty (Bryan) I'm up there later - have dropped you message with my mobile number.

Sorry to hear that Vlad. You're still alive though and that's the most important thing. i suffered badly from depression, I hesitate to say I'm cured but I am much better. I di the mindfulness course a few times, bought he books, watched the videos etc. Jon Kabat-Zinn, who is a bit of a hero to many of us, said in one of his talks, "if you wake up breathing, you're doing well". Makes sense as that's where it all starts.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Random Musings - Talk About Everthing