Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Random Musings - Talk About Everthing      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 651
view profile
History
Random Musings - Talk About EverthingPage 27 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
Goal - that's ben a long time coming!

6 cats Bryan, re you serious?

Can't stand the things.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 652
view profile
History
Random Musings - Talk About Everthing
Posted: 4/16/2019 7:50:12 AM
I've written a book called 'My permanently exposed penis!'

It's out now!

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 653
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2019 2:10:17 PM
Hey Chappy,

Sorry your not a cat fan, I personally find them relaxing to be with and on the plus side for me they don't judge me on my size, build, looks or if I have money or not or a car or not..you get the picture :-)

As for the book...made me smile...is it a hard back of soft back????
 vlad dracul
Msg: 654
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2019 9:48:34 AM
So it's been a pretty shite week up here to be honest. A lad called Brad Welsh was murdered last wednesday evening as he was walking down the steps to his flat in Edinburgh's west end. Brad was 48.

His missus and his wee lassie were in the flat at the time. His missus is the daughter of a very close friend of ours who died in my house on January the 5th 2007.

Brad was a villain and a notorious football hooligan when he was younger. He was also a fantastic boxer. He was brought up in the housing scheme where i live.

But since those days the amount of money he has raised through his Holyrood Boxing Gym, helping hands charity collecting food to give to Edinburgh's needy, the toy collections on the run up to crimbo for disadvantaged children. The list goes on.

"Trainspotting author Irvine Welsh has paid tribute to Bradley Welsh, the founder of Holyrood Boxing Gym who was gunned down in Edinburgh last night.

Bradley, 43, appeared as Doyle in the recent sequel to the film of Irvine Welsh's bestselling Trainspotting.

Many people across the city and beyond have been paying tribute to the sports promoter, who died near his New Town home.

He had been involved in numerous charity projects in Edinburgh. Irvine had helped him raise more than £44,000 at his Pads for Charity boxing event in 2014."

A world record might i add.

Yesterday on the 48th minute at the football thousands stood up and held a minutes applause. A banner was unfurled. Even the celtic supporters joined in.

We were at our usual part of the ground. Left 5 minutes before the end and missed Brads wee nephew and our mates laddie running onto the pitch. The wee nephew knelt down and kissed the centre circle. That is where his grandads ashes were scattered.

Lol the older laddies dad had to go to the police holding cell to get the bairns out. They are banned until the start of the new season.

"Young Hibs fans pays tribute to relative Bradley Welsh with pitch invasion"

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/young-hibs-fans-pays-tribute-to-relative-bradley-welsh-with-pitch-invasion-1-4912684

RIP Brad. One of our own
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 655
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2019 5:31:27 AM
So..

Today 28/4/19 is the re launch of what I hope will be the start of many pof social get togethers in Batley ( West Yorkshire ).

We are using a club called Legends Bar and its pretty awesome..

Wish me luck??

Oh and Vlad, I am really sorry to read your sad and devestating post.

Bryan
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 656
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2019 1:04:49 AM
Have been working too much and missed this - how did it go?
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 657
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2019 5:57:31 AM
Hey up Chappy,

It was pretty quiet to be honest, 101 sign ups and 30 attendee`s...

Think I`m going to re try my old hosting ground and original venue in my home city in about a month or so..

Actually I just have ^^
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 658
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2019 8:50:44 AM
Well done Bryan. actually I thought 30 was a fair turnout. Did you have fun? Did anyone meet someone?

me too!
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 659
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2019 4:10:59 AM
Thanks for the nice post Dave ( Chappy ),

I enjoyed the evening and it was good to see some veteran members returning and also new folk too.

I don't think anyone met anyone on the night but some folk did message me to ask about others the following day so I spent a few hours trying to help them contact them via the guest list that I still have access to.

I wanted to run another but sadly the venue owner isn't returning my calls or messages so I`m guessing he wasn't impressed.

Anyway I hope that you and everyone else on here is having a great BH weekend.

Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 660
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2019 1:51:01 AM
In the news today:

Liverpool make an astonishng come back to bear Barcelona 4-0 and make the Champions League Final

At the same time they are still, just, in the race for the Premiership title

Slightly less interesting, rich mixed race couple have child who is born filthy rich and will never have to work in his life - meanwhile 1 in 4 pupils at school in Yarmouth rely upon school food bank, teachers cut their hair for free and do their laundry too!

Over in La La land - the Tories are trying to make a deal with Labour whilst the members of both parties don't want the deal. Senior? Senile? Tories scheme to get rid of Theresa after which the deal with the European Union will become easy peasy. Dream on.

Trump becomes even more orange.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 661
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2019 5:49:33 AM
More exciting news - rich couple appear with baby. Baby looks like a baby, at least it is very small, has a nose and is wrapped in blnkets making it hard to tell. It may or may not get the title Prince.

Iran begins uranium enrichment after Trump throws away nuclear agreement.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 662
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2019 7:18:03 AM
"Liverpool make an astonishng come back to bear Barcelona 4-0 and make the Champions League Final"

Fantastic result. Yours truly had a wee drink after work yesterday and fell asleep and missed it.

Did yous see the tribute to former celtic player billy mcneill? Celtic won the then european cup and EVERY player was born in or around glasgow.

So i finished graft yesterday. Had been paid as well. Popped into a pal of mines boozer up the southside.

It was fairly quiet but she told me the Edinburgh ukulele group meet in there every tuesday dinner time.

15 showed up. They played tunes and sang along. I quite enjoyed it to be honest.

My mates are getting married next year in salford. The lowry centre. So made up for them. Around 70 going down from Edinburgh.

Roxy
Did you watch the social experiment on the telly with the muslim bairns from brum and the white bairns from tamworth?

The wee white laddie who says he is a woman. The look on the muslim bairns faces said it all.

Rained off today so watching some crap telly and trying to avoid the overkill about a bairn being born.

Got my brexit party leaflet today. This could well be my last time voting.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Random Musings - Talk About Everthing