Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Random Musings - Talk About Everthing      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Squareslice
Msg: 101
Random Musings - Talk About EverthingPage 5 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)

Politics is all about shaming people against you while covering up the vices of the people you stand with. Bit like family lol

brilliantly put. Rox. can I join your fan clup?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Random Musings - Talk About Everthing
Posted: 3/7/2018 10:12:06 PM
Vlad, I remember the Monica situation. I never thought his under the desk bj wasn't sex, and I did hold him responsible for what happened. Hillary sent a bad message to her daughter and girls everywhere by staying, but she probably had her eyes on the presidency back then and thought staying married would help her politically later in life. I don't know how she could parade him around when she ran, like it was good having him represent her. Trump was talking/bragging, but he never did anything to any woman.

It was down to 2 choices, 1 being a democrat, a party that loves to raise taxes and spend money, and said she would, plus she stunk in her position as Secretary of State, so why promote her to president? Trump is a smart businessman that would be able to figure things out as he went along, and that's what he's doing. He's lowered taxes, and is keeping/bringing back jobs to the U.S..

Chap, I didn't know there was an issue with the Royals. I thought it was accepted that this was the tradition. It is odd that the family is supported by everyone thru taxes I guess. Trump is different, he's working and said he's not accepting a salary. I did hear about his boy's allowing the presidential seal to be put on golf tees, lol. They may get in trouble for that. No one in politics is pure. Seems to be the nature of the beast. Hillary was going to be like having Obama still in office. That was a negative.
 Squareslice
Msg: 103
Posted: 3/7/2018 11:23:03 PM
Trump, the quadruple bankrupt, accepts no salary.

Yeah... same guy that has cost tax payers more than 5 times in one year than Obama did in 2 terms.

For such a cool chick, ye seem cross eyed at times.... I loathe the way the UK still clings to a 2 party system
We have a third English party that jumps in to bed with whoever wins. Liberal sluts.

I'll stick wi the wankers known as SNP... utter tossers, but are better than the Emgerlandershire wankers
 NewYorker58
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2018 12:03:51 AM
There's more to it. We have supreme court justice positions to fill. They don't come up often, so when they do, you want your parties ideology to be reflected with how they rule, and that would be dictated by which party installs the person(s) in that position. Another thing is changing gun laws. Hillary would have made it unlawful for me to own my 10 round gun I use for protection. So it's not about voting for Trump, it's about sticking with my party because of their beliefs. Republicans are for less government and their control over your life.
 Squareslice
Msg: 105
Posted: 3/8/2018 12:33:43 AM
Guns don't kill.... blah di fookin blah

Cars kill... life kills...

It's people that kill.

Politicians will aye control ye.. amazing. Ye can be thick as as a week old turd, but get in to power in the Useless of A

looking for an honest person? Ye canna hack honesty
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2018 8:02:20 AM
NY - we in Europe really don't understand America's love of guns. Why would you need a gun with a 10 round magazine. Is it really that dangerous where you live and work? Has being armed helped anyone avoid being attacked?

I asked this question of an American on facebook I'm in contact with, he is heavily armed. His response was along the lines of "what you gonna do when a crazed psychopath tries to break in to you home at night to kill you and your family when the sheriff is 20 minutes way". I didn't have an answer as it is not something I have ever contemplated.
 Jacknher
Msg: 107
Posted: 3/8/2018 9:06:11 AM
I was growing up in Oz before the late 1990s when the Martin Bryant/Post Arthur Massacre gun control laws were passed and the Australian government bought back $230 million worth of guns. And jbtw......put an end to mass shootings in Australia.
We lived out in the country and most households had guns. Shotguns mainly...to put an injured animal out of it's misery or kill wild dogs. My Dad being religious though....there were no guns in our house and we never had the need of one.
I was used to there being guns in friends and neighbours households though, and other farmers carrying guns in their vehicles.

Twice in Australia in the early 90s I thought the person approaching me had a gun and that I was in danger of being shot. Neither time.....at the time......did I wish that I had a gun to defend myself.

The first time was when I was working behind the counter of the Post Office. There are/were notices outside banks and main Post Offices warning motorbike riders to remove their visor helmets before entering.
There had also just been an armed robbery in small Post Office in the next suburb a few days previously.........and the bloke had walked into that PO wearing bike helmet with the visor down.
So there I was standing behind the counter of my PO when a motorbike pulls up outside......and a bloke clad in leathers and with a full visor helmet walks in......walks up to the counter without removing his helmet.....and staring straight at me reaches into the front of his jacket to pull out something bulky I could see in there.
Swear to god......I was sooooo sure he was going to pull out a gun. And swear to god the arsehole kept the helmet on purposely to see if he could scare the hell out of me. But he actually pulled out a small parcel and asked if he could post it. Absolute w*nker.

The second time I was driving home and saw a bloke up ahead of me......and walking towards me down white line in the middle of the road. He held his right arm straight up in the air and I could see he had something in that hand. As I got closer I realised that the thing held high in his hand looked black......and that he was shouting something.
It was a long straight road with no-where to turn off......and I quickly ruled out making a 3 point turn and heading the other way as I figured I'd be an easier target if I was sideways on trying to turn around.
My only advantage that I could see was that I was driving a big Pajero 4WD and therefore quite high up. Seemed to me the only thing to do was be prepared to hit the accelerator hard and duck if/when he bought his hand down.
Anyway I was only a few feet away from him when I realised that the shouting had a late night "Religious Evangelist/Thus sayeth The Lord" tone to it..........and that the black thing in his hand was likely a bible. And I drove straight past him without any drama.
Just a religious nutcase as opposed to a gun-toting nutcase lol
 NewYorker58
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2018 1:45:45 PM
Chap, Slice, there was a home invasion just the other day, not far from where I live. A person in the home was shot in the stomach. The criminals were not found. There have been home invasions in my neighborhood before.

Other happenings in my neighborhood, a man steals a car with a baby and grandmother in it. A business was robbed. The banks get robbed numerous times. There's a lot of crime by my healthcare place by the homeless. This week, there were 3 home break-ins, 2 car break-ins, 3 stolen cars and various assaults, 5 property crimes. So, yes, my neighborhood is busy☺ A local sheriff said he's glad people have guns, because they can't respond and get there quick enough. My gun is a Glock, nothing big, 10 round capacity is normal, it's not a revolver. I learned how to properly and safely handle my gun. I practice at the range to keep my skills up and I enjoy target shooting. My gun range has ladies night too☺
 rekirked
Msg: 109
Posted: 3/8/2018 1:57:57 PM
Sounds idyllic new yorker, in less than one week where i live in Southampton we've had two rapes in public parks, numerous shops robbed using baseball bats or at knifepoint , a bookstore firebombed, someone who stopped to help a woman who had broken down kicked unconcious and robbed by three blokes, an old lady robbed for £38000 by a dodgy gardener, 15 vehicles broken into and two suicides.

It's been quite quiet really.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 110
Posted: 3/8/2018 3:21:55 PM
Well Doris my neighbour had a ball of wool stolen from her kitchen table while she was busy making cakes for the village fete.
We were all up in arms about it, what next? Did we need to install cameras in our homes?
Turns out it was Edna’s cat, the floozy down the street.
 Squareslice
Msg: 111
Posted: 3/8/2018 7:01:48 PM
I blame "add any minority here" and worship the daily mail for keeping me informed

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more than one turn of sarcasm per day
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2018 6:51:19 AM
Well we get car break ins too and there is a spate of them and car damage at the moment which seem mainly to be teenagers who think they can get away with it.

Burglaries, again a few always come in spates, usually the same druggy responsible.

Farm thefts seem to be the big thing at the moment especially since Landrover decided to stop building the Defender.

Bank robberies - errm - what's one of those?

Gloucestershire crime stats for this January (ASB - anti social behaviour)

ASB Burglary Robbery Vehicle Violent Shoplifting CD&A Other Theft Drugs Bike Theft Theft From the Person Weapons Public Order Other Total
Jan 2018 1,494 384 33 397 807 293 364 311 79 44 28
11 102 46 4,393
 vlad dracul
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2018 9:02:41 AM
Kirk
"Sounds idyllic new yorker, in less than one week where i live in Southampton we've had two rapes in public parks, numerous shops robbed using baseball bats or at knifepoint , a bookstore firebombed, someone who stopped to help a woman who had broken down kicked unconcious and robbed by three blokes, an old lady robbed for £38000 by a dodgy gardener, 15 vehicles broken into and two suicides.

It's been quite quiet really."

We got lost in Southampton last night for ages. Heading to Highcliffe in Dorset.

We left my hoose at 6 bells last night. I had my supply of Stella for the trip. Stopped at a wee service station just before Carlisle and got a truly superb lamb and mint pie.

£3.60 but we'll worth the money.

Journey was boss until we got to Southampton. The motorway was shut. We followed the diversion signs and ended up heading east instead of west.

The sat nav sent us the wrong was as well.

We eventually got on the A35 (I think) and arrived at Highcliffe at 2.30.

Ah well that's how it goes. Heading out soon for a scran and try and see the Hibees v the merricks game.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2018 3:32:01 PM
Kirk, I thought you were going to ask why I'm living there☺ My area is considered pretty safe, maybe because other neighborhoods are worse. I don't consider it to be that safe. There are rapes too. What I listed was part of what goes on. My police chief says nothing good happens after 11pm. That's not safe to me. How many people are in your neighborhood? For me it's about 90,000 people. People aren't kidding around where you live with the fire bombing☺

Chap, I don't know why, but I have a lot of banks in my neighborhood, and getting robbed is not unusual. With some of them, it could be the ease of getting away, because of what streets they're located on. The banks like to keep it quiet that they were robbed. It probably makes customers uneasy. I found out a bank I use was robbed last year from a grocery store worker that works across the street from it. She was in another branch of that bank in the neighborhood when it was being robbed. When I go to the bank, I'm fully prepared to get robbed by not having any money or jewelry on me. Last year, I was walking out with a lot of cash and chose a bank I didn't think would get robbed.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 115
Posted: 3/10/2018 2:33:14 AM
"Fear stalks 'Smallsbury' as residents of Cathedral city accuse investigators of 'keeping them in the dark' over Russian spy probe"

Life wouldn't be the same without the Daily Fail.............

Justanotherchap
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2018 3:40:13 AM
2-0 Vlad - was that the right way round for you?

Can't see Big Sam lasting much longer. Rumour has it he'll be off in summer with 6 million payoff which will work out at around 3 million for each game won under his care. That's a cracking deal managers get, win or lose, big money.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2018 3:53:27 AM
NYer - sounds like the wild west still? Except not in the west. Banks don't get robbed here, much more likely to be a bookies (bookmakers) or cash machine (ATMs) but they're pretty rare too. Usually when they steal from ATMs they steal the whole ATM using a bulldozer or similar.

The big differences between us are I think; that we have had such restrictions on firearms for so long that it is very difficult for criminals to get them. Even carrying a gun gets you 5 years. Carrying certain knife types will also get you a stretch. Also we are a much smaller more densely packed country, overt robberies means you can't make high speed escapes easily. And we probably have more CCTV cameras than anywhere else in the world. Add in ANPR (automatic number plate recognition systems) on most (all?) motorways and many police cars.

I was a gun owner until a couple of years ago when I just couldn't be bothered with the hassle of keeping my licence anymore. It needs to be renewed every 4 years and costs money, involves a police officer visiting your home to check the gun against your licence and check the gun safe. Too much hassle in return for shooting maybe once a year.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 118
Posted: 3/11/2018 7:30:09 AM
"Brexit: Older Leave voters nostalgic for 'white' Britain, says Cable"

Bluddy rude & probably racist........

What is it with these ageing has-beens?

RoxyMoronic
Msg: 119
Posted: 3/12/2018 2:53:53 AM
I do prefer whitey but that’s just on a dating/relationship level :)
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2018 5:10:43 AM
What a let down Cable is. He talked the talk until he got to be a minister then wold the PO off and along with the rest of the libs whacked up the student fees. it would now seem the fees needed to go up to give the Deans a big pay rise. Nothing new.

Anyway Vince (Cable), you keep calling me a racist and I'll keep telling you to **** off.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2018 5:41:35 AM
Sad to see Ken Dodd died yesterday. A complete one-off. My Mum used to go to his shows at the Floral Pavilion, New Brighton. They used to take cushions and sandwiches as he'd stay on stage until the last audience member left.

He had his flaws including trying to not pay tax which he explained by saying that he got the bills from the Inland Revenue and he lived by the seaside.
 billybonds
Msg: 122
Posted: 3/12/2018 7:21:33 AM
I really admire Ken for not paying his taxes. I wish I could be so heroic. Was he funny...I kind of found him hard to look at. Still ninety's not bad. Although a hundred would have been better. R.I.P. Ken Dodd.

I've seen Jimmy Tarbuck...and Kenny Lynch of course. As an aside.

Vince Cable...what can I say ....that he likes a party? Unlike most politicians he does Know his economics which makes him a very dangerous opponent for both the lovely Theresa and let's face it the comely Jeremy. Mark my words.

I don't blame him for the student fees. The lib Dems chances of being in a coalition government are never very high and they just lucked out.

The reason why the students got the debt is because. ...no billy.....get off me#$%#....the global monetary system demanded it! Yeah! and because they wanted to put a lot of debt on a great amount of people they let any idiot go to university.

I like to think if I was a young man today I would still not go to university. Because there was not a scintilla of a discussion of me staying on in the sixth form. Proof if any proof was needed that I was born with a natural predilection to avoid the debt.

Now let us have this out for the last time ...we have a system that will go belly up if we don't put debt on people who are frankly too "nice" for their own good. It doesn't matter if it economically skews their future tomorrow.

Our worldwide monetary system creates debt but without the interest to pay it off. Not that they can pay it all off because it's also our pretend money. So because there is no interest, yep we print more debt. Which means debt must always grow.

They usually keep this total nonsense going by constant devaluation of their worthless paper but because it's debt based and we as a world are up to our eyes in the red stuff ..they keep getting deflation which would be lovely in a sound money system but in an inflationary system ..lethal. .think worse than the 1930s...

To get out of this deflationary hole we need massive inflation. That is simply a massive collapse in living standards. Hopefully not as bad as Weimar Germany 1923.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2018 7:59:02 AM
Have heard a few tributes to Ken today, one from an interviewer who asked him if there were regional comedy differences towhich ken replied, "Well, I can tell a joke in Liverpool and they'll laugh but they won't in London". "Why not?" the interviewer asked. "Because they can't hear me !".

Money stuff is on t'other thread.
 Jacknher
Msg: 124
Posted: 3/14/2018 10:42:03 AM
Just occurred to me this afternoon that I check out the forums most days.......but hadn't actually logged in to the main part of PoF in well over a week.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2018 4:16:24 AM
Don't worry kid, POF wil lsend you a message when you get mail, not that I am suggesting you aren't getting mail just that ....stopping digging now.

I got an email telling me that the best dating website is Zoosk. So I joined up, without a photo or a profile, just my birth date. I'm getting an amazing number of emails from women. I can't actually read them though because I'd have to pay a minimum of £15 a month for 3 months.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Random Musings - Talk About Everthing