Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Random Musings - Talk About Everthing      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 vlad dracul
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Random Musings - Talk About EverthingPage 7 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
Flossie

"There's a difference between a copy and a certified copy. Only certified (by a solicitor or govt dept ) copies of documents have any legal standing. Vlad, all the gal in the library is doing is stamping the documents to say she has seen the original document you had ( copy or not) and the photocopy She is not certifying the document as genuine cos she has no way of knowing. Realistically a birth certificate , original or copy doesn't prove who you are anyway. You coulda picked it up off the floor for all anyone knows."

Cheers for that pal. It makes a bit sense now. I should have tippled that. A geezer down south done a lot of work on my surname. Loads of branches of the family tree.

Anyway starting with my lassies he traced my line back to the late 1700's. So the other night i went on the Scottish Peoples website. Paid £7.50 for tokens and traced relatives back to the early 1700's.

And i got to download the birth certificates from the old parish records. The last one i could see had a Simon Lugton. During the '45 rebellion Simon Lugton who was a tailor from Edinburgh was taken prisoner by the englandshire troops. Tried at court in carlisle and deported to the americas.

The cheeky gits described him as a borderline idiot.

Any way. Today i attend my mates wee laddies naming day. Until a couple of years ago I'd never heard of such a thing. This will now be the third one I've been to.

It's a humanist thing apparently. Kicks off at 12 bells and is an all day and night thing. My mates aulder laddies naming day two years ago was sound. A tree was also planted as part of the day for the wee man.

Once i sober up the morn i shall waffle a report.

Catch VD online the morn.

Toodle pip

Ps any of yous like David Bowie? This wee clip below is the man impersonating various folk. Enjoy.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hear-david-bowie-imitate-springsteen-iggy-pop-tom-waits-lou-reed-20160121
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Random Musings - Talk About Everthing
Posted: 3/24/2018 7:25:42 AM
Is anyone still watching formula 1. Hamilton is on pole again for the start of the season. The whole thing seems a waste of time and for me it is a long time since I managed to watch a race all the way through without falling asleep.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2018 6:00:50 AM
You ever read a story at anytime i really wished it was true? This below is brilliant. Playing the dafties at their own game. I'll need to remember this next time we are at football and getting refused entry to a hostelry.

Well done to all involved

"On Friday, I brought you news of a chap in Southport who was refused entry to a rubbish tip because the permit was in his wife’s name. He was allowed to enter after telling the security guard he was identifying as a woman.

Two days later, a letter appeared in the Sunday Telegraph, from Captain James Mallard, in Oxfordshire.

After a training exercise in London, Capt Mallard took his troop of 30 male squaddies to a pub. They were stopped at the door by a bouncer, who said large groups of men were not admitted.

A quick-witted young soldier said: ‘Actually, we identify collectively as a mixed-gender group and as a gender non-binary adult I find your remarks most offensive.’

The bouncer backed down immediately. Capt Mallard wrote: ‘Not only were we allowed in, but Happy Hour was extended all night on our behalf.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-5547193/Richard-Littlejohn-real-fascists-today-Left.html#ixzz5AxAx8gqi
 rekirked
Msg: 154
Posted: 3/27/2018 8:01:22 AM
Is anyone still watching formula 1. Hamilton is on pole again for the start of the season. The whole thing seems a waste of time and for me it is a long time since I managed to watch a race all the way through without falling asleep.

I watched it, I’ve watched every Grand Prix since the late 70’s.

It was boring as always but I managed to stay awake, I really feel for the commentary teams having to think of ever more ways of making paint drying exciting.

I watched Senna the movie recently, when you sit through that you see just how bad it has become since the days when drivers were gladiators who routinely passed out after a race. No one wants to see a 2 second pit stop or a restart after a safety car or a row about diffusers or fuel saving strategies. People want to see lives being risked for glory, crashes, fights, drama.

In the good old days James Hunt pulled out of a blonde, had a quick fag on the grid and risked his life for 60 laps. Today’s modern equivalent is an electrolyte drinking kale munching PR man who throws toys out of the pram if his teammate has a bigger private jet and drives an advertising machine round in circles once a fortnight.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2018 9:24:48 AM
Haven't seen that one, should get the DVD. Senna is still revered by F1 fans, my mate will never forget him.

My friend wetn to see Rush, came out wanting to buy a packet of fags and tear arse around Gloucester - totally out of character especailly as a non smoker.

The BBC did a book with amazing images including Graham Hill queuing up at Silverstone for petrol. The pump was just a normal one with the clock counter and prices!

Try this https://www.pinterest.com/pin/359725088962004930/ Hill and Stewart flying at Nurburgring. No wonder they closed it for racing.
 billybonds
Msg: 156
Posted: 3/27/2018 10:06:01 AM
It was always Michael Schumacher for me and always will be. But I dearly want Lewis to win every race now. A fifth title for the near legendary Englishman would confirm him as a great in the sport's history. And I think he does ok in the swordsman stakes. Hunt the shunt was a little lucky in 1976.

I'm on the south coast at the moment just had a delicious bacon and sausage sandwich with a goey Victoria sponge and double cream to follow. I feel sooOO epic.

No work tonight we did it last night. Back in Wednesday night
hopefully we can do Thursday's then . 2 day weeks rock.
 rekirked
Msg: 157
Posted: 3/27/2018 10:46:02 AM
That’s a great pic chap, I recommend the Senna movie, it’s really quite a tear jerker but packed with unseen footage and interviews. Schumacher is undoubtedly the most successful driver ever and he didn’t have it easy like Vettel at red bull or Lewis for the last four seasons. I never really forgave him for his dirty tricks, particularly against Damon Hill but there was no doubting he was exceptional.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 158
Posted: 3/27/2018 12:09:16 PM
"David Bowie statue vandalised"

Just thought I'd do the Kulture thang..........

vlad dracul
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2018 9:36:18 AM
Goals is it? Who remembers george weahs goal for AC when he ran from his own 18 yard box and scoring? Well I've just shimmied past the attacking players. Done a nice bit silky skills past the midfield. Nut megged the 2 defenders and chipped the keeper.

GIRUY avacado eating southern englandshires............

"Slimming World has ranked one can of Strongbow Dark Fruits cider healthier than an avocado .

The global slimming plan allocates a whopping 14 'Syn' points to an avocado but just 9.5 per can of cider.

Dieters on the plan are allowed up to 15 Syns a day on Slimming World."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/health/slimming-world-rates-avocado-unhealthier-12265843
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2018 2:11:31 AM
I'm sure all the F1 drivers are brilliant at what they do but they aren't racing, they can't overtake on all but a few circuits. The podium is pretty much decided in qualifying and by rules.

Hamilton lost on Sunday because he was keeping his speed down to save the engine and gearbox for the next race and the next one. He could have opened up the distance between himself and Vettel but the team advised he had enough time in hand. But then the virtual safet car was used and Ferrari used the rules to pit and overtake Hamilton. That'a a farce not worth watching.

Change the rules so that we can see some real racing, even the roundy roundy american stuff is more competitive than F1.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2018 5:38:06 AM
Have just got the Senna film- Senna, no fears, no limits, no equal. Will watch sometime.

In the meanitime for you sociologists, try reading this, swap the dates for a little closer to now and ....

http://www.historyhome.co.uk/peel/ruralife/swing.htm
 vlad dracul
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2018 6:49:57 AM
Chapster
"In the meanitime for you sociologists, try reading this, swap the dates for a little closer to now and ....

http://www.historyhome.co.uk/peel/ruralife/swing.htm"

It is virtually like for like. And as always the worker gets shafted. When i was younger i used to get the comic 2000AD. Reading the judge dredd stories of mega cities where no one had any work. Groups of luddites smashing machines demanding the right to work.

Gangs roaming free doing what they please.

Machines will eventually do all but the most menial of tasks. But what provisions are being made for citizens? Brexit shook the political elite. The remain argument of staying in the eu and reforming it from the inside was/is and always will be laughable.

I'm busy doing my family tree. I'm back to around the early 1700's. My ancestors worked as farm labourers. My dad broke the mould when he took to city dwelling and drove lorries for a living.

He guided me towards getting a trade as you would 'never be out of work'. I wanted my lassie to go to uni. No one in my family has ever went to uni.

Alas it was not to be. But i do ponder what life will be like for my grandbairns. The world is moving on fast.

Anyway as for how the world is now? Well its either brexit or the russians to blame.
 et_non
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2018 3:47:54 PM

In the meanitime for you sociologists, try reading this, swap the dates for a little closer to now and ....

http://www.historyhome.co.uk/peel/ruralife/swing.htm

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/asp/2000/5/contents

Abolution of Feudal Tenure (Scotland) Act 2000. the legislation came into effect 28 November 2004.
So there you go, Highland Gaels were held under the yoke of feudalism until the early 21st Century.
My parents died with almost nothing, the lamdowner took everything they had in lieu of feuduties. The same was true of nearly everyone of their generation.
Not once did anyone ever represent our interests and try and get the practice stopped. Not once.
The practice came to an end because Britain signed up to the European Social Charter in 1998.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2018 1:02:15 AM
et non
"Abolution of Feudal Tenure (Scotland) Act 2000. the legislation came into effect 28 November 2004.
So there you go, Highland Gaels were held under the yoke of feudalism until the early 21st Century.
My parents died with almost nothing, the lamdowner took everything they had in lieu of feuduties. The same was true of nearly everyone of their generation.
Not once did anyone ever represent our interests and try and get the practice stopped. Not once.
The practice came to an end because Britain signed up to the European Social Charter in 1998."

And there speaks the way forward for brexit. Take the parts of laws etc that are relevant to us and discard the rest. It seems from your point in case that no political party up here had the will to change that wrong. And i would think they must be pressed as to why?

Much has been said about uk citizens are their 'racism' towards polish folk. Yet who is trying to undermine polish democracy? The very same eu. The poles never voted for a tame government. One the eu could manipulate.

Racism? Look no further than the brussels nightmare.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2018 12:27:02 PM
As jobs go there are the occasional ones that just make me go weak at the knees. My pal sent me this from Ktown in Canada.

Is this boss or what? From indeed.com...............

Customer Service - Alcohol Sampler - Kingston
Karma Casting
-
Kingston, ON
$20 an hour
Temporary
Karma Casting
2 reviews
Read what people are saying about working here.
Hello Kingston!

Do you love premium alcohol brands? If so, Karma Casting is looking for you! We have many beverage sampling shifts on the horizon and require brand ambassadors who posses a professional work ethic, have ample sampling experience, and are sales oriented to join our amazing team!

Date: April 7th
Hours: 4:00pm-8:00pm
Pay: $20/hr and as always, paid within 72 hours electronically from receipt of invoice.

If you want to represent a great brand and get paid very quickly, we want to hear from you!

MUST also have a registered profile with Karma. Simply download the Karma Casting App for iPhone or Android (FREE!) and create a profile there.

Good Karma to you

Job Type: Temporary

Salary: $20.00 /hour

Job Location:

Kingston, ON (Preferred)
License or certification:

Smart Serve (Required)
1 day ago - report job

To be honest i doubt i would last the day as I'm partial to a wee bevvy now and then. But I DO have plenty sampling experience.
 et_non
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2018 1:30:30 PM

And there speaks the way forward for brexit. Take the parts of laws etc that are relevant to us and discard the rest. It seems from your point in case that no political party up here had the will to change that wrong. And i would think they must be pressed as to why?

Much has been said about uk citizens are their 'racism' towards polish folk. Yet who is trying to undermine polish democracy? The very same eu. The poles never voted for a tame government. One the eu could manipulate.

Racism? Look no further than the brussels nightmare.

Politicians probably wouldn't answer the question, I think they'd prefer to ignore the question and pretend such a thing didn't exist. I'm sure the only people in Britain who are aware of that piece of legislation were the ones directly affected by it. Most people in Britain would likely think feudalism went out in medieval times.

Lawmakers would probably argue, well you were free to leave, which is fair enough, that's what I did, make my life elsewhere. The people who stayed were the ones that were trapped in the system all their lives. Under feudalism you're more or less renting your existence.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2018 2:32:58 PM
et non
"Politicians probably wouldn't answer the question, I think they'd prefer to ignore the question and pretend such a thing didn't exist. I'm sure the only people in Britain who are aware of that piece of legislation were the ones directly affected by it. Most people in Britain would likely think feudalism went out in medieval times.

Lawmakers would probably argue, well you were free to leave, which is fair enough, that's what I did, make my life elsewhere. The people who stayed were the ones that were trapped in the system all their lives. Under feudalism you're more or less renting your existence."

You are correct there. I was not aware of the practices carried out. It makes me wonder why the SNP and Scottish labour never mentioned it more.

Have you any further reading about it? I'd be interested to get a couple of sources to read.

I think you should not give politicians the grand title of lawmakers. They are self serving snouts in the troughers. And i believe that of ALL politicians.

They are corrupt. Lawmakers lol i think arseholes are a better description.
 Squareslice
Msg: 168
Posted: 4/6/2018 9:40:18 PM
Gave up on motor sport, When my hero, Jock Taylor got killed, I was heart broken. Him and Benga Johansson were amazing.
Benga was too tall to be a passenger and his toe caps sparked on the road
 et_non
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2018 4:05:51 AM

You are correct there. I was not aware of the practices carried out. It makes me wonder why the SNP and Scottish labour never mentioned it more.

Have you any further reading about it? I'd be interested to get a couple of sources to read.

I think you should not give politicians the grand title of lawmakers. They are self serving snouts in the troughers. And i believe that of ALL politicians.

They are corrupt. Lawmakers lol i think arseholes are a better description.
There isn't much about real people, at least online anyway, nearly everything you'll find is going to be legalise and more concerned about the legislation itself than how it affected people.
A lot of what you will find online is likely to be about evictions back during the clearances.
It's a similar thing with warrant sales, you don't find much written about how it affected real people, most of what is online is about the legislation Abolition of Poindings and Warrant Sales Act 2001, how it affected people has been forgotten.
Warrant sales were worse I though, at least with feuduties you knew where you stood all along.
It was the long leases (175 years) that were the problem, you had to buy out the years remaining if you weren't keeping them up. Someone on a short term rolling lease wouldn't have had too much of a problem. Long leases were sucure though, couldn't be evicted and had automatic right of inheritance. When children moved away and made their lives elsewhere there were duties to pay. A lot of children took over their parent's leases to avoid these duties, that's how the system kept people trapped across the generations.

Alasdair McIntosh - Soil and Soul, I've always meant to read that book, it was published around the same time when the law changed, I've never got around to reading it yet. McIntosh is more concerned with commuity buy outs (which were probably the way to go), McIntosh is a bit of an optimist mind you but he did grow up in the system.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2018 5:04:56 AM
Remember i was waffling last year about rbs and a new claim about the commission they charged when adding ppi to a bank loan?

Well pop pickers yours truly has just had a letter from rbs with an offer of settlement for the sum of £3318.08p

So the acceptance letter shall be sent back on monday by registered post so they cannot say they lost the letter.

So amongst the lads this is what is known as a the bluebells are blue moment.

So the grandbairns will get a nice wee bung. Big dribbler the dug will get a drop and get somethings from petsmart.

Rat bairn will cop for a bag of sand.

The troops will be taken to the argentine steak house up the southside for a big fvck off steak and some nice wine.

Sorted.

Get your claims in folks. Tis only a phone call away.

et non
Warrant sales were a disgusting thing. I can mind the names of the poor folk being in the Edinburgh evening news. Their possessions as they were put in the garden and sold to the filthy maggots who enriched themselves.

A pity we do not have a great deal of choice when voting for arseholes. Anyone trying to represent the poor the poor gets crushed by the corrupt party machines.

We owe it to our ancestors who were used and abused by arsehole politicians to upset apple carts.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2018 5:33:07 AM
Saw the Manfreds last night. Paul Jones singing. He's looking good and still leaping around at 76! I didn't know before but the guitarist Tom McGuiness went on to form McGuiness Flint and played a couple of their songs, great stuff.

Little did I know as a young lad watching Top of the Pops in 1964 I would be watching the same blokes 50 years later in a local theatre!
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2018 9:30:19 AM
Wasn't sure wether to post this in here or the feel good thread..

Anyhow I ran my 2nd POF night out here in the small village of Altofts ( West Yorkshire ) last night 6/4/18

We seemed to have more there than in April and the pub owner has now suggested that we hire in a DJ to keep folk entertained plus use the function room for the sole ( see how I did that deliberate ( Fish,sole..) purpose of the DJ..

Anyhow I`ve made an edited advert now for the next event on Friday 4th of may with the usual 8 ish pm kick off ( Sadly as of yet no G.O.A.L :-) ). its currently sat in the Events section on here if your bored enough to wanna take a peek..

So yeh that's about it from here in Altofts not far from the Xscape leisure complex and Diggerland, Google is friend so a friend told me eh Chappy :-)
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 173
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2018 9:41:33 AM
Well done you. Couple of questions - how many people did you get and can you now post direct to the events forum?

For a goal, you need the post after the one which is a multiple of 25 so hang around the posts until number 175 then fill your boots!

I'm off home now. Interesting morning. Dull afternoon. Back in on Monday to start it all over again.
 Squareslice
Msg: 174
Posted: 4/7/2018 5:00:08 PM
Here is a random. I am 56 next month.
Applied for a a provisional and paid up front.
I had a provi when I was 18 n got a rebate of full fee cos they had me on record from all they years ago. Got the provi too

Point is yer born a number, die a number n have several in between
 et_non
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2018 7:15:48 AM

et non
Warrant sales were a disgusting thing. I can mind the names of the poor folk being in the Edinburgh evening news. Their possessions as they were put in the garden and sold to the filthy maggots who enriched themselves.

A pity we do not have a great deal of choice when voting for arseholes. Anyone trying to represent the poor the poor gets crushed by the corrupt party machines.

We owe it to our ancestors who were used and abused by arsehole politicians to upset apple carts.

This country has always been notoriously bad at recording it's history, it's usually others who write it for us, it's on their terms with their own biases.
Warrant sales are a good example of what I mean, I knew they happened because I remeber seeing it on the news so I know the information has to be out there, cannot find it though, all I find is legal jargon. The legal jargon doesn't tell the whole story about how the practice played out in real terms.
I agrre with you, warrant sales made this country look bad. We didn't have them but as I understand it that's how it worked, the courts listed a person's personal details in the press and sent bailiffs around on the appointed day to put a person's possessions out in the street and let the public take what they want.
The admin costs of organizing a sale were greater than the debt itself, it wasn't about reclaiming debt, more about taking what you owned from you out of spite. That's how I saw it anyway.
Allowing these archaic laws from centuries ago to exist into the early years of the 21st century doesn't make us look good.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Random Musings - Talk About Everthing