Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Which is the best dating site?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CBGB77
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Which is the best dating site?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
It's just a numbers game. I started with Our Time in 2014 and then OKC and POF. I sent 169 messages got 83 answers which resulted in 28 first dates which turned into 9 women whom I dated multiple times but now I am only dating 1 of them.
 Nyeahsers
Msg: 27
Which is the best dating site?
Posted: 3/19/2018 9:38:32 AM
Depends. Pof is best for numbers. It has the most people and I get the most messages and responses from this site.

I do believe that OKC is still the best as far as design, interaction, and compatibility searching goes. Finding someone on there that has answered over 300 questions and matches you over 95% is exiting and promising. My problem is, most women who match me well never respond to a well written message.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2018 1:23:25 PM
CBGB wrote:

I sent 169 messages got 83 answers which resulted in 28 first dates which turned into 9 women whom I dated multiple times but now I am only dating 1 of them

OMG, Shirley not! Must be lying thru your teeth, CBGB! Not possible!
LOL Just couldn't resist. I am kiddin' you!
Good for you! Congrats!
 DrivingHarmony2018
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/20/2018 3:34:31 PM
^^^^adding to above comment....

I wonder if OLD peeps actually keep stats on their progress, or there lack of???
I do recall from 2011-2014, I met 45 guys before entering into a 3 year relationship. But, I have no idea how many emails/messages or phone calls took place during that time.

I do recall one of my first POF phone calls from a fireman....he had 2 requirements before he would meet a woman:

1. must ride pillion
2. must be size C cup or greater

Mhmmmm......good grief.
 forumfairy
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2018 11:16:55 AM
This site is good. I have been here a few times and met several lovely ladies.
 ohenryx
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2018 10:48:28 AM

CBGB77
I sent 169 messages got 83 answers which resulted in 28 first dates which turned into 9 women whom I dated multiple times

Ladyinred0407

OMG, Shirley not! Must be lying thru your teeth, CBGB! Not possible!
LOL Just couldn't resist. I am kiddin' you!
Good for you! Congrats!

I have to agree with Ladyinred, those numbers are very hard to believe. I have never heard of anyone having that much luck or success or whatever you want to call it.

If true, I tip my hat to you, you are the master. Planning on writing a book? I would be interested in how you achieved that success level.

DrivingHarmony2018
I wonder if OLD peeps actually keep stats on their progress, or there lack of???

When I first stated OLD, back in late 2009 early 2010, I did keep track. Whom I messaged, when, whether I got a response, etc. The results were so overwhelmingly bad that I gave up trying to keep track. Later on, after I learned a few things, it did get better. But never anywhere near what CBG is claiming.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/25/2018 11:10:30 AM

I have to agree with Ladyinred, those numbers are very hard to believe. I have never heard of anyone having that much luck or success or whatever you want to call it.

If you have a certain type you know you appeal to, it is very possible. Back when I was using the site, I knew that biker chicks, (even though I'm not a biker) goth girls, and groupie types were almost a guaranteed response. After a while, I stopped and just let them write me instead.

I can picture CBGB writing the indie rock/alternative/punk chicks.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Which is the best dating site?