Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Kindness and Authority.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 26
Kindness and Authority.Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
(Opie's New Age blather mercifully deleted)

Hey, Opie, is god omniscient and omnipotent? Then get out of his way, and let him do his damn job. If this site is dysfunctional, he intended for it to be this way.

While we're on the topic: why do religious people pray? If god's plan is perfect, it's the height of arrogance to presume to change it by praying.
 Nestaron
Msg: 27
Kindness and Authority.
Posted: 3/6/2018 1:02:55 AM
They pray to ask for things not actually pray just to show him love you ever see a pray dedicated to him for him nope it's always about giving unto the people that pray. Which is kinda weird I always found why not pray to show him love why is there always a in it for me factor there? Prayers should be like this written to give unconditional love, without asking and by the person who is praying to God not something someone else told them it should be.

I pray to thee God to show my love is true
I pray to thee so that you might know I love thee
I pray to thee God so I continue your ways.
It is with this prayer I give to you all my strength and love
As it is yours for you to do with as you choose
I am your child Lord and live to serve as taught to do
This is my prayer that I created just for you.

Amen.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 28
Kindness and Authority.
Posted: 3/6/2018 4:14:05 AM
Interestingly, Matthew 21:22 says "And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.”

Can anyone here claim they have a flawless record of answered prayers?
 Cynderella
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Kindness and Authority.
Posted: 3/6/2018 4:22:01 AM
I praying hard for a massive earthquake....
You ask why?
I'm hoping to wake up and find BC next to Florida.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 30
Kindness and Authority.
Posted: 3/6/2018 4:27:45 AM
hahaha, pray for it to happen through a better way than an Earthquake. :)~

Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 31
Kindness and Authority.
Posted: 3/6/2018 4:49:41 AM

(Nestaron) They pray to ask for things...

Which is the height of arrogance.

(Nestaron) ... not actually pray just to show him love... you ever see a pray dedicated to him for him nope it's always about giving unto the people that pray. Which is kinda weird I always found why not pray to show him love...

Which is equally senseless. If god is omniscient (all-knowing), he would *KNOW* what was in the heart of every single one of his devotees. If he needs to be *TOLD* that he is loved, he's not all-knowing. Devotees cannot have it both ways.

Instead of wasting time "praying", why not actually do something *REAL*,*TANGIBLE*, and *USEFUL*? Easy: prayer is all about making the person praying, feel that s/he matters.

(Wilbur) Interestingly, Matthew 21:22 says "And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.”

Can anyone here claim they have a flawless record of answered prayers?

*OOH-OOH!!! PICK ME, MR. KOTTER!!!*

Uh, no?
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 32
Kindness and Authority.
Posted: 3/6/2018 5:52:08 AM

Uh, no?

Well, in Nigel Tufnel 25:1, it specifically states you must crank the faith to 11.

You probably didn't do that.

MachIMustangII
Msg: 33
Kindness and Authority.
Posted: 3/6/2018 6:15:08 AM
"Can anyone here claim they have a flawless record of answered prayers?"

>>>The Catholics get around that by saying you got what you deserved, not what you asked for. A child might ask for candy, but gets healthy food instead. They were hungry, and that request was answered...just not the way they wished.

As for the earthquakes, may all your movement of earth occur after you land in Fl :) We're getting more snow tomorrow, wtf March?
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 34
Kindness and Authority.
Posted: 3/6/2018 6:31:40 AM

The Catholics get around that by saying you got what you deserved, not what you asked for.

Which goes against what the verse states, though, but yes, the apologists always try to pull something out of their asses in an effort to make sense of nonsense.

We're getting more snow tomorrow, wtf March?

Last Friday, I walked out my front door and was absolutely floored by the blast of cool and DRY air. I checked the humidity, and it was 9%. To say that's rare here would be an understatement. My hair had multiple orgasms.
 ohenryx
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Kindness and Authority.
Posted: 3/6/2018 8:32:28 AM

Cynderella
I praying hard for a massive earthquake....
You ask why?

TPOYD
hahaha, pray for it to happen through a better way than an Earthquake. :)~

MachIMustangII
As for the earthquakes, may all your movement of earth occur after you land in Fl :)

Okay, that’s it, enough is enough. I am officially starting a kickstarter project to fund Cynderella to fly to Florida and go on a date with Pig.

MachIMustangII
We're getting more snow tomorrow, wtf March?

TPOYD
Last Friday, I walked out my front door and was absolutely floored by the blast of cool and DRY air. I checked the humidity, and it was 9%.

Well, I can’t match the 9%, but this afternoon, we are having clear skies, brilliant sunshine, a high of 73 degrees and 20 percent humidity. Pretty damn nice, all in all.

Now if only I had a beautiful woman eating her heart out wanting to fly to Texas to meet me… Oh, well, can’t have everything.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 36
Kindness and Authority.
Posted: 3/6/2018 10:34:02 AM

(AT) Uh, no?

(Wilbur) Well, in Nigel Tufnel 25:1, it specifically states you must crank the faith to 11.

You probably didn't do that.

Did you know that Christopher Guest is actually a baron, and had a seat in the UK's House of Lords? Kewl, huh?
 browneyesboo
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Kindness and Authority.
Posted: 3/6/2018 11:40:50 AM
I just noticed Ms. Gwendolyn is back!
~~~~waving hello~~~~~
 calliopedreams
Msg: 38
Kindness and Authority.
Posted: 3/6/2018 12:00:33 PM

I can't even be friends with people that are more bad than good, that are dysfunctional, because I can clearly tell what is going on inside someone and if they are pure or not.

Unless they're a "pretty girl," right? Then you're up for their abuse ...
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Kindness and Authority.
Posted: 3/6/2018 12:02:41 PM

Why "pretty" girls? You are as superficial as the women whom you chastise and berate. Speaking from personal experience, 99% of men who have wanted to be my "friend" thought it was a path to sex or a relationship.

To be fair, the OP's been at least berated & chastised to some degree, by the few women he's chased/been involved with. I think The Joker's aim on "pretty girls" makes him bark up the wrong tree, and combined with his emotional issues, the prettier ones who will bite will be the ones with emotional problems of their own. And his cycle continues.

My friend's crazy cousin living in Florida said the same thing -- wanting to wake up one day and find Big C*ck in a neighboring state. Turns out his wish came through after getting locked up in a Georgia penitentiary!

The Catholics get around that by saying you got what you deserved, not what you asked for.

Which can be a fitting response -- depending on what you prayed for. However, if your prayer was "I pray that all the children in the flood down south survive," and you find out on the news the next day that 10 kids died... well, either God's an a-hole or those were some mean-a$$ kids.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 40
Kindness and Authority.
Posted: 3/6/2018 1:35:07 PM

(Cynderella) I'm hoping to wake up and find BC next to Florida.

(SwedishChef456) My friend's crazy cousin living in Florida said the same thing -- wanting to wake up one day and find Big C*ck in a neighboring state. Turns out his wish came through after getting locked up in a Georgia penitentiary!

Wassa matter, SwedishChef? You sad that no one wants to talk to you, so you figure that if you use naughty language, words that Mommy told you not to use, you'd get some attention?
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 41
Kindness and Authority.
Posted: 3/6/2018 2:03:06 PM

Did you know that Christopher Guest is actually a baron, and had a seat in the UK's House of Lords? Kewl, huh?

Praise the Lords!

Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 42
Kindness and Authority.
Posted: 3/6/2018 2:37:02 PM

(AT) Did you know that Christopher Guest is actually a baron, and had a seat in the UK's House of Lords? Kewl, huh?

(Wilbur) Praise the Lords!

Okay, what's going on here? Do you realize that we've, with this message, exchanged five messages without savaging each other? It feels like the Universe is out of alignment...
 Cynderella
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Kindness and Authority.
Posted: 3/6/2018 2:47:57 PM

Okay, that’s it, enough is enough. I am officially starting a kickstarter project to fund Cynderella to fly to Florida and go on a date with Pig.

Awe how sweet....I will donate the first Canadian $1 only worth 80 cents US

Okay, what's going on here? Do you realize that we've, with this message, exchanged five messages without savaging each other? It feels like the Universe is out of alignment...

Or God answered everyone's prayer.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 44
Kindness and Authority.
Posted: 3/6/2018 2:54:57 PM

(AT) Okay, what's going on here? Do you realize that we've, with this message, exchanged five messages without savaging each other? It feels like the Universe is out of alignment...

(Cynderella) Or God answered everyone's prayer.

Ooh, don't tempt me!

Uh, Wilbur sucks... and stuff.

(yes, much better!)
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Kindness and Authority.
Posted: 3/6/2018 3:12:27 PM

Awe how sweet....I will donate the first Canadian $1 only worth 80 cents US

According to this link, that'd knock the Round Trip flight down to under $242.

https://www.orbitz.com/lp/flights/178315/178294/vancouver-to-orlando
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 46
Kindness and Authority.
Posted: 3/6/2018 3:47:22 PM

Okay, what's going on here? Do you realize that we've, with this message, exchanged five messages without savaging each other?

Oh, shit. I was on some potent prescription cold medication earlier and thought you were Mustang. F*ck you, Arlo.

I apologize to everyone for having to witness that boring, peaceful exchange.

Or God answered everyone's prayer.

No such luck, my dear.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 47
Kindness and Authority.
Posted: 3/6/2018 4:42:25 PM
9%? Did someone leave the air conditioner on to "Dehumidify"? We're going from nor'easter to a foot of snow in a week, my inside Hydro hovers at 50%. Not that i'm complaining, people north to me have been out of electricity since Friday. Too windy to go up in the bucket trucks.

"I was on massive drugs and thought you were Mustang"

>>>as soon as I saw the Lords ref, I was thinking something like that. So i'll let it slide, I see where your head was at.

"Unless they're a "pretty girl," right? Then you're up for their abuse "

>>>Amen to that, speaking of Lords. Kindness and Authority may not get one laid, but it can work other miracles. of course, kindness is easier, when one has authority.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 48
Kindness and Authority.
Posted: 3/6/2018 7:02:44 PM

(AT) Okay, what's going on here? Do you realize that we've, with this message, exchanged five messages without savaging each other?

(Wilbur) Oh, shit. I was on some potent prescription cold medication earlier and thought you were Mustang.

Okay, that explains your dim-wittedness in *THIS* exchange. What's your excuse for every other thread you sully?

(Wilbur) F*ck you, Arlo.

Doesn't it just feel *RIGHT*?!?

(Wilbur) I apologize to everyone for having to witness that boring, peaceful exchange.

Just to be clear: I was peaceful; he was boring...
 feirene
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Kindness and Authority.
Posted: 3/7/2018 6:07:17 AM
is your first couple of lines of your profile calling trans people devils and wanting to banish them off here? it's not clear.

also calling women stupid isn't kind or respectful, not surprised they abuse you if you message them.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 50
Kindness and Authority.
Posted: 3/7/2018 9:20:07 AM

Okay, that explains your dim-wittedness in *THIS* exchange.

(sigh) It was a joke carrying on with the notion something had to be horribly awry for a non-venomous exchange to occur. I don't have a cold and don't normally turn to prescription medication for one.

Doesn't it just feel *RIGHT*?!?

Forever and ever, Amen.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Kindness and Authority.