Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > When's the last time you met someone in real life to date?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Coma_White
Msg: 251
view profile
History
When's the last time you met someone in real life to date?Page 11 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)

I think usually when a gal is in mid or later 30s, Undecided doesn't mean she's looking forward to it at all.

You'd be surprised. The women I've met in their 30's all have the baby rabies.
 cutenerd1866
Msg: 252
view profile
History
When's the last time you met someone in real life to date?
Posted: 9/9/2018 3:16:41 PM

They're not giving orders when they say "Smile!" when you're in a public place with a frown. They're trying to be cheerful and passing it on. They'd have to go out of their way to say it in a crude way for it to be crude.

That's how I always took it. None were crude or malicious about it.

So you were working in a factory with a rock hammer, then one day said "This is not what robot cute nerds do. I need to teach! I certainly can't begin to take over the world doing This..."? :)

No, I was smashing rocks in different countries with my rock hammer as a geology major. :) Didn't want to move to Texas to work for oil companies, so brought my science background to teaching. Was supposed to be temporary, but I fell in love with it. Then I realized that if I built my robot army of cute nerds, we could totally take over the world as teachers. After all, I have had LOTS of minions as a teacher, and then sent them off into the world to do my bidding. :)

Gives you greater reach, and more flexibility, too. And of course, helps getting those books way up on the higher shelves...

Good point, yard stick it is... and I have lots.
 backcreek7
Msg: 253
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2018 4:25:45 PM

my robot army of cute nerds

...... Hmmm ? I find this rather alarming ! It reminds me of the time in OZ when the Emerald City was taken over by a group of women, armed with knitting needles. Their leader was General Ginger & all they did was pry all the emeralds up , lay around in the streets ~ eating chocolate and getting fat. Thing is, I know better then to mess with you - you'll summon " MOMBIE " the evil witch < and we will all be poofed to kingdom come.

...... Soooo? How do I deal with these so called " cutenerds " armed to the teeth with knitting needles ???? Well, the only thing I can think of is, we must summon OZMA ( rightful ruler of OZ ) Not only must we find her, then we will have to force MOMBIE to change her back to OZMA ( with the magic powder ) Everyone knows, that evil MOMBIE has turned her into a boy named TIP & was using him as her slave.. All this could take some time, when do you think you are going to get all this started cutenerd?

...... ~ I will be patiently ,waiting for your reply ~
sincerely ~
Jack Pumpkinhea
 julystorm22
Msg: 254
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2018 4:28:52 PM
Girls without kids in their 30s would understandably have baby rabies. Most (but I know not all) women want kids and if you don't have by your mid-30s there is a big worry that time is running out.

I have 3 kids. If I have no more kids I'll be perfectly happy. But if I was in a committed relationship with a guy who wants a baby, who has his shit together (as in he is gainfully employed and financially stable) I would go for it. I would have 1 or 2 more kids. But after 40 the shop will be closed.

By saying that I don't want any more kids, it would take away probably half the men in my area because a lot of guys in their 30s and early 40s are wanting kids or more kids. Two guys I dated briefly this year each had a kid from a non-relationship and missed out on a lot because they only got their kids every other weekend. Another guy I saw had two kids but really wanted two more. And one guy had no kids but said he really wanted one.

That question regarding wanting more children actually asks two questions:
1) Are you looking for someone who will have a baby with you?
2) Are you willing to date someone with children?

If I see a guy says he wants no kids, I read that as he has no interest in having a biological child or stepchildren. I actually wish they'd reword that part of the profile. Unfortunately, the answers to the question that asks if you will date someone with kids only show up if you have a paid account.
 backcreek7
Msg: 255
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2018 4:34:36 PM
* lost the D up there ^

^^^^ JACK PUMPKINHEAD ^^^^ < brought to life, using MOMBIES magical powder ***

*** You might be wondering, what happens when my head begins to spoil ???

Due to my importance, pumpkins are grown all over OZ just for me ~ when this one goes bad, I simply don another, silly !
JP
 cutenerd1866
Msg: 256
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2018 9:15:22 PM

...... Hmmm ? I find this rather alarming ! It reminds me of the time in OZ when the Emerald City was taken over by a group of women, armed with knitting needles. Their leader was General Ginger & all they did was pry all the emeralds up , lay around in the streets ~ eating chocolate and getting fat. Thing is, I know better then to mess with you - you'll summon " MOMBIE " the evil witch < and we will all be poofed to kingdom come.

...... Soooo? How do I deal with these so called " cutenerds " armed to the teeth with knitting needles ???? Well, the only thing I can think of is, we must summon OZMA ( rightful ruler of OZ ) Not only must we find her, then we will have to force MOMBIE to change her back to OZMA ( with the magic powder ) Everyone knows, that evil MOMBIE has turned her into a boy named TIP & was using him as her slave.. All this could take some time, when do you think you are going to get all this started cutenerd?

...... ~ I will be patiently ,waiting for your reply ~
sincerely ~
Jack Pumpkinhead

I'm pretty busy at the moment with two teaching jobs, so it'll be a while. I suggest you ask Tik-Tok for help in the meantime. He was always my favorite!

(never read the sequel books, but saw the movie. I'll have to add them to my list!)
 cooldog65
Msg: 257
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2018 7:46:15 AM

I have 3 kids. If I have no more kids I'll be perfectly happy. But if I was in a committed relationship with a guy who wants a baby, who has his shit together (as in he is gainfully employed and financially stable) I would go for it. I would have 1 or 2 more kids. But after 40 the shop will be closed.

Having more kids is a financial burden you do not need.
 julystorm22
Msg: 258
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2018 8:36:35 AM
Yes, its a financial burden as a single mom with no financial support from the father. But if I was to meet a guy who wanted kids and we fell in love and got married or even just engaged, and he was financially secure, I would have one or two more because as a two-income household, it is quite easy to live well.
 Seahorse_Jockey
Msg: 259
Posted: 9/10/2018 9:17:52 AM
You make the decision to have more kids sound as easy as going to a vending machine, putting in a few dollars, and have a baby pop out. What happens if you have a boat load of kids, and Mr. Financially Secure gets laid off and can't immediately find another job, or can't find one in the area? There should be some thought put into having more babies, instead of just having them, thinking it will lead to a fairy tale ending, or just having them to snag a man. How well did that work in your previous relationship?

If you're busy popping out babies, the two-income household becomes a one-income household, along with the increased cost of raising more kids. If a guy wants his own biological children, I can't see him wanting to raise and be financially responsible for kids that are not his, as well as his own.
 julystorm22
Msg: 260
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2018 10:15:10 AM
So what options are there for me then? Most single dads avoid single moms. Its the guys without kids who want kids that show interest in me for more than just a fling. If I meet a guy who is a great guy who wants a kid of his own, I wouldn't walk away from him. Its so hard to meet someone who you feel connected with who loves you back, it would be dumb to turn your back on that. So a guy who wants a kid of his own is not a dealbreaker for me. Neither is a single dad with a bunch of kids.

And having kids does not mean going down to a single income household. When you have a kid you get paid for a year of mat leave from the government here in Canada. I'm well aware of how much children cost to raise. I'm not going in with this blindly.
 backcreek7
Msg: 261
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2018 10:19:49 AM

cutenerd says > ask Tic-Tok for help

...... Mommy ? Mommy ?? Would you mind if I called you Mommy, Mommy ???
Mommy, I'd ask Tik Tok - but he is standing in the middle of the room, not saying anything or moving at all. I think he has croaked mommy !
........ Mommy, the doctor looked in my one ear & said - he could see out the other. Is that bad mommy ? Isn't that the way it is with everyone mommy ?
........ Bet you didn't know this mommy ! The reason why the winged monkeys did their evil deeds long ago was ~
Once upon a time a young prince was walking along a canal, singing to himself & having a great time. The monkeys saw him and decided they would have some fun. They weren't " bad " winged monkeys, just full of life and very mischievous.
........ Upon seeing the prince, they thought to play a joke on him by flapping their wings loudly and swooping close to him. Well, the prince fell into the canal, and as he could not swim ~ he drowned. The only thing left was , his small hat, made of woven gold. Little did they realize, his mother was a powerful sorceress. Her first thought was to drown ALL the monkeys, but after they began to cry ~ she chose to just cast a spell among them instead.
........ Whoever was in possession of the young lads hat, would have to do their bidding on three occaisions. Then, the hat would lose its power, and be passed to the next person. Glinda ( the good witch ) eventually lifted the horrible curse, and the monkeys lived happily ever after.

........ Welp cutenerd, you SHOULD read all the books ~ you'll love them !!!! Then you will meet > HM Wogglebug TE > Button Bright > The Gargoyles > The Invisible Bears > the Vegetable People >The Shaggy Man ( with his "love " magnet ) & many others.
........ My 1st mommy ( you being my 2nd ) was a librarian , so reading is one of my greatest joys in life !

Steve ( heart / Sun )
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 262
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2018 1:40:00 PM

You'd be surprised. The women I've met in their 30's all have the baby rabies.

The women Without kids in their 30s -- yes, it's no surprise to find one's biological clock ticking at full speed. But that's not the point here. Undecided doesn't = wanting to have more kids. It means they haven't literally put in the nail in the coffin on the idea given stars lined up, if they have them already (or not). Girls with a hankering for having kids are not going to put Undecided. July explains it pretty clearly.

No, I was smashing rocks in different countries with my rock hammer as a geology major. :)

Geology major? You don't look at all like a geology major. But then again, that's what helps you be a cute nerd, thus the pull to create a robot army of your own kind.

Then I realized that if I built my robot army of cute nerds, we could totally take over the world as teachers. After all, I have had LOTS of minions as a teacher, and then sent them off into the world to do my bidding. :)

Yes, true. Cute nerds fit the teaching role much better than being out in the field doing geology, and you'll find more like yourself in that arena... while conditioning the minions to do your Real work, to take over the greater Chicago area. :)
 backcreek7
Msg: 263
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2018 1:45:50 PM
... I have to admit, being Jack Pumpkinhead ~ I come with several issues. Main thing is, I'm not sure who my "mommy " really was. Hope it's ok cutenerd, that I kinda sort of attached that nomenclature to you here.

faithfully yours ~

JACK
 cutenerd1866
Msg: 264
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2018 2:20:18 PM

Welp cutenerd, you SHOULD read all the books ~ you'll love them !!!!

I love to read also, and I remember reading the first Wizard of Oz book and not really liking it. :( That was why I never finished the series. But I'll try it again because I'm always looking for books to listen to now on my insane commute to work.

Geology major? You don't look at all like a geology major.

You'd be surprised. UIUC's geology class when I graduated was more female than male, and they were all cute. Boston University's field camp in Ireland had 3 males (maybe 4), and the rest of a class of about 30 were females (from all over the U.S.), and the majority were cute. I may have just been in places that were the exception though, or attended at a time when it was an exception. Definitely helps with the nerd army though!

Cute nerds fit the teaching role much better than being out in the field doing geology, and you'll find more like yourself in that arena... while conditioning the minions to do your Real work, to take over the greater Chicago area. :)

Get me anywhere near rocks, minerals, or in the country of Ireland, and my geology nerd comes out real quick! :) Being back in Ireland this summer made me really miss it.

I'm a native southsider, so don't forget, Indiana is next after my minions take care of Chicago!
 julystorm22
Msg: 265
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2018 2:41:29 PM
When I was in university it was noted that 70% of the student population was female. Even in the science departments the females outnumbered the males. I think this is because many males out of high school go right into the working world in the construction, oil and gas, mining and transportation fields or they go to technical college to pursue a trade such as mechanics, plumbing, heating, electrician, carpentry, welding or other field. Interestingly, 60% of those in technical colleges are male. So I am not at all surprised to see how many women were in your geology classes.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 266
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2018 3:20:23 PM
My personal thoughts on having children. Just because one can...…………….. doesn't mean one has to. Two children was plenty enough.
When divorced I met men who had children...………...they were pleased to know I was unable to have more children.

I committed aprox. 22 years, to each of my children. No one much cared if I went to college but to me it was/is all part of being a good parent. …………..to help them get thru college and graduate.
 cutenerd1866
Msg: 267
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2018 7:40:55 PM

When I was in university it was noted that 70% of the student population was female. Even in the science departments the females outnumbered the males. I think this is because many males out of high school go right into the working world in the construction, oil and gas, mining and transportation fields or they go to technical college to pursue a trade such as mechanics, plumbing, heating, electrician, carpentry, welding or other field. Interestingly, 60% of those in technical colleges are male. So I am not at all surprised to see how many women were in your geology classes.

Great point. And that makes sense. I'm not sure what the male/female ratio was at UIUC while I was there. I do know that my engineering classes were overwhelming male (like maybe 1-2 females). I don't think that ever changed there.
 julystorm22
Msg: 268
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2018 11:35:20 PM
Yeah, engineering is definitely male-dominated but when you look at faculties such as social work, education and nursing, which are 99% female, you can see that it is an anomaly. Even kinesiology and agriculture degree graduates are mostly women and those used to be male-dominated too.
 playingindirt
Msg: 269
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2018 2:18:35 PM
once in a while I'll go out and about, be a little sociable, maybe even have a couple beers then I'm tired of people for quite a while.
I do talk and I can hold a conversation but most of the time I'm reserved and a observer.
I wouldn't mind meeting someone or being in a relationship but for me to meet someone it would be a fluke. lolz
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 270
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2018 2:33:25 PM
Social related degrees like teaching, nursing, social science and psychology are usually are female dominant. Hardcore sciences like math and engineering degrees, very male dominated.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 271
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2018 9:50:56 AM

You'd be surprised. UIUC's geology class when I graduated was more female than male, and they were all cute. Boston University's field camp in Ireland had 3 males (maybe 4), and the rest of a class of about 30 were females (from all over the U.S.), and the majority were cute.

Holy cow! I should have majored in that instead! I would have struck gold with cute nerd girls wanting to take over the world (which would include taking over me, since I'd be in their class!).

Get me anywhere near rocks, minerals, or in the country of Ireland, and my geology nerd comes out real quick! :) Being back in Ireland this summer made me really miss it.

What is it about Ireland and their rocks? You realize we have Plenty of rocks here in the midwest which you can unleash your rock hammer on, to heart's content! :)
 cutenerd1866
Msg: 272
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2018 5:03:34 PM

I would have struck gold with cute nerd girls wanting to take over the world (which would include taking over me, since I'd be in their class!).

You would've had a field day with them for sure!

What is it about Ireland and their rocks? You realize we have Plenty of rocks here in the midwest which you can unleash your rock hammer on, to heart's content! :)

Spent 6 weeks in Ireland studying the geology there for field camp. I know way more about the rocks and geology of western Ireland than I do anywhere else. So it has a special place in my heart because of that. We do have rocks here in the midwest, but they are harder to find due to there being few outcroppings of bedrock (at least around Chicago). We also don't have very interesting rocks. Mostly sedimentary rocks, which aren't as cool. Igneous and metamorphic rocks are more interesting. We do have the mineral fluorite though, which is awesome. It's a shame it's so soft.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 273
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2018 7:11:26 PM

It's a shame it's so soft.

Now THERE'S a statement no guy ever wants to hear from a woman.
 backcreek7
Msg: 274
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2018 7:52:24 PM

interesting rocks

.... Hey cutenerd ~ thank you for being so nice, for putting up with my ramblings about OZ .... And yes, the other books are quite good. I myself never read " The Wizard of OZ " having seen the movie so many times. But, I thought the movie with tic tock was ultra cool. Anyway, I'm crossing the deadly desert and won't be making you think ~ I'm some sort of nut case, col ( chuckle out loud )

.... Just a note * I live close by a 60 mile long / 30 mile wide stretch of land loaded with staurolite rock crosses. Legend is that fairies lived all through the area long ago. When they heard of Christs crucifixion, they all began to weep profusely. As their tears hit the ground, they turned into stone crosses ( Roman, St. Andrews & Maltese ) They are widely known for bringing good luck, to the bearer.

..... Ok Ok ~ I'm out of here, and thank you again - your very sweet. Here is a song I think you'll like ~ posted for you (cause I do that here, often )...

*lyrics - " Moving shadows, in the shape of what you want to see..
............... Painted fingers and the aromatic Jean Nate' ..
............... And when their spinning, you can see them do the strangest things ..
............... Building bridges from the slivers of anothers dream ...

RAINING ON THE SKY by Naked
> turn it up ^
heart / sun
 BlindFreddy1
Msg: 275
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2018 8:33:05 PM
Yrs ago I would go out to my local pub or club not necessarily to meet or find anyone but purely just to have a night out , watch a band , catch up with friends...

There were plenty of the opposite sex.. Weather or not they were single.. Who knows..But the place was always packed out...

But I went to my local pub only just recently ...Dead as a door nail it was , Like a ghost town ...There was a great band playing...Just no atmosphere in the venue...Apparently been like that for the last 4 - 5 yrs. ...Really wonder how these clubs / pubs survive..? I guess people have there own home entertainment today..Netflix , Stan , Foxtel , Social media ect...

Pretty sad in a way ...Not sure really what to put it down to...Convenience , Financial worries..???
Makes it hard for human physical communication /contact these days.....
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > When's the last time you met someone in real life to date?