Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > When's the last time you met someone in real life to date?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 julystorm22
Msg: 276
view profile
History
When's the last time you met someone in real life to date?Page 12 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
I noticed the same thing. Honestly, I think its gotten too expensive, people don't have the amount of disposable income anymore. I also blame cell phones and the internet. Years ago if you were bored you sought out human contact by going out to a bar or visiting someone. Now you just go on your cellphone to talk to someone. Its kind of sad.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 277
When's the last time you met someone in real life to date?
Posted: 9/15/2018 7:15:44 PM

Years ago if you were bored you sought out human contact by going out to a bar

I do that! But everybody at the bar has their face stuck into their phone!
 cutenerd1866
Msg: 278
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2018 4:46:15 PM

And yes, the other books are quite good. I myself never read " The Wizard of OZ " having seen the movie so many times.

The other books might be very different from The Wizard of Oz. I'll check them out if I can get them as audiobooks.

But, I thought the movie with tic tock was ultra cool.

Aside from Tik-Tok, the only thing I remember from that movie was the hall of heads. That actually freaked me out when I saw it as a kid.

stretch of land loaded with staurolite rock crosses

Very cool! I never saw them in the field, just in my mineralogy class.

thank you again - your very sweet. Here is a song I think you'll like

You're welcome, and no worries. You were fine! Thanks for the song! :)
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 279
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2018 5:05:56 PM

You would've had a field day with them for sure!

Oh heck yes. Geology Dept is the last place I would have thought to go to, in terms of finding really cute nerd girls -- robots or not!

I know way more about the rocks and geology of western Ireland than I do anywhere else. So it has a special place in my heart because of that.

Hmmm, sure it's not about the beer, too? :)

We also don't have very interesting rocks. Mostly sedimentary rocks, which aren't as cool. Igneous and metamorphic rocks are more interesting.

Interesting. Yeah, I never took Geology, so someone in my position can't truly appreciate it.

It's a shame it's so soft.

That's what She said! ;)

Years ago if you were bored you sought out human contact by going out to a bar or visiting someone. Now you just go on your cellphone to talk to someone. Its kind of sad.

One study found that teens are having less sexual partners now VS yesteryear, because of always being on their cell phones, and gals don't need to be in person to get male attention anymore. So I guess that's at least a good by-product of it. :)

That said, I think thoughts/worries what this refers to is overblown. You are making human contact -- even moreso but on a lower level, being online all the time chatting with peers thru FB or texting. And I don't think it makes people homebodies, although it makes being a homebody more inviting than it otherwise has been. But I don't see things as people not going out enough. I see it as people when going out, become more "occupied" when alone (friend goes to bathroom, left, or is being waited on) -- which makes it a bit more of a hurdle for guys they don't know to approach.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 280
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2018 5:12:24 PM
You were the one that chose Chicago to live in. This is where the glacier melted. (After it moved through, of course) I'll guess that a gravel pit isn't very exciting to a geologist. Everything that was real old, got moved.
 cutenerd1866
Msg: 281
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2018 5:21:10 PM

You were the one that chose Chicago to live in. This is where the glacier melted. (After it moved through, of course) I'll guess that a gravel pit isn't very exciting to a geologist. Everything that was real old, got moved.

Born and raised Chicagoan, so friends and family are all here as well. But you're absolutely right, the glaciers made it geologically boring. Everything is buried under glacial till. The glaciers just left us the lake. On the other hand, it's also geologically a very safe place to live. Low risk of earthquakes (unless the New Madrid fault goes again), no volcanoes, no tsunamis, no landslides, and fairly low risk of sinkholes. Gives me a good excuse to travel to more geologically interesting places!

Hmmm, sure it's not about the beer, too? :)

Not the beer, the cider. Bulmer's is the best!

Interesting. Yeah, I never took Geology, so someone in my position can't truly appreciate it.

Shame. Minerals are cooler than the rocks themselves, but don't really find nice examples in the field. Just museums or colleges.

It's a shame it's so soft.

There are a ton of geology terms with sexual innuendos. We had lots of fun with them in our classes.
 backcreek7
Msg: 282
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2018 6:37:01 PM

I never saw them in the field

... ^^ They are strewn about in the surface of creek beds, scattered about the grounds surface and below . I found a 1 inch roman ( perfectly formed ) about a foot underground. At the old mans fairystone museum, he has them in black rock slabs and gigantic bolders. I bought a rock slab about a foot long, filled with hundreds of tiny crosses ~ sticking out all over the place. He sold me the slab real cheap because it contained crosses in an X pattern. He said those crosses were the devils sign, and was happy to be rid of them. And I be happy, to do him the favor ~ col ( chuckle out loud )

hall of heads freaked me out

........ My daughter ~ even now ~ is petrified of the mere thought, of that moment .... DORTHY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^^ Now don't you be dreamin' bout no mombies head screamin' cutenerd !!

Of course, Halloween is coming up ~ like BOO !!!!!!! ( col )

* Hope you liked the song, my mom got me into music at a young age ~ so I've got the bug > big time !!!!

thank you again >

steve :)
 WhatNamesAreLeftThen
Msg: 283
Posted: 9/16/2018 8:58:28 PM
I was constantly meeting women to date in my twenties, in bars. At age twenty seven, I had come to the conclusion that it is very unlikely that I will meet a quality woman at a bar. That was the last time I dated someone I met IRL.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 284
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2018 4:21:55 PM

Born and raised Chicagoan, so friends and family are all here as well. But you're absolutely right, the glaciers made it geologically boring. Everything is buried under glacial till. The glaciers just left us the lake. On the other hand, it's also geologically a very safe place to live. Low risk of earthquakes (unless the New Madrid fault goes again), no volcanoes, no tsunamis, no landslides, and fairly low risk of sinkholes.

Earthquakes would NOT be fun around here. We'd have that nasty little effect called "Liquefaction" occur. Then we'd all wish for Noah to come sailing by.
 siisaa
Msg: 285
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2018 6:33:38 PM
I'm currently dating a guy I met through work. He's an EMT so we don't work in the same department but I've had an attraction towards him since the first moment I saw him. Not only is he nice to look at, he is very personable, laid-back & easy to talk to. Many group outings later, I told him I liked him & we've been dating since mid-September.
 backcreek7
Msg: 286
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2018 7:37:39 PM
^^^^ Congratulations siisaa !!

... Everything you spoke of sounds great !!! Especially the "easy to talk to" thing.

... Communication IS the key to all >>> FOREVER lasting relationships <<<

... You seem to be a great * communicator *, so half the battle is already won.

... WISHING you TWO, the VERY best !!!!!

( ps - I'll post a very lucky love song for you two asap , in the love song thread )

^^^^^ for to bring you both > EXTRA fine good luck !!!

~ heart / sun ~
 siisaa
Msg: 287
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2018 10:18:23 PM
^^^ aww thank you backcreek. You've always been so sweet via your posts on here :))))

Re: songs, here is a one that's appropriate for him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHu5htrtm-k

It's always been one of my favorites :))))
 backcreek7
Msg: 288
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2018 8:23:27 AM
^^^
Thank you so much siisaa !!! Coming from you > I consider the complement to be monumental ( like HUGE kiddo !! )

( hugs & your the > sweet one ) + :))))

.... * At the moment, I can't post in the " love song thread " >>> cuz I've been a lil' piggy with how often I post there!
but ... I think your song is " Dress You Up by Madonna " which I do really enjoy !! Sometimes my pc runs amuck & has no idea where it ends up ? ( God love the wittle electronic wonder, col )

.... Anyhoo > here's my " lucky song " for you & this lucky guy ! ...

* lyrics - " Only Both Your Loves, can make it rain ..
............... The way the beach is kissed by the sea..
............... Only Love, Can make it rain ..
............... Like the sweat of lovers, laying in the fields ..
............... LOVE, reign O'er Me ..
............... LOVE , reign O'er me, rain on me, rain on me ..

>> LOVE << ... Reign Over Me by the WHO

> turn it up ^
.. heart / sun
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > When's the last time you met someone in real life to date?