Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > When's the last time you met someone in real life to date?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Coma_White
Msg: 101
view profile
History
When's the last time you met someone in real life to date?Page 5 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
The last time I met someone was about 5 years ago. We dated for 4 years and it was good until she disappeared.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 102
view profile
History
When's the last time you met someone in real life to date?
Posted: 4/13/2018 9:36:04 PM

.............until she disappeared

coma white, I know you, but not well enough to know if you're kidding with us. If you mean figuratively, that is so unfortunate. If you mean literally, as in reported missing, to the police, that is very sad, and I truly hope she is found safe and sound.
 prettybrwneyedone
Msg: 103
Posted: 4/13/2018 10:45:10 PM

^^ Feel better now?

That's just an ordinary crazy person run-in, not meeting someone in real life to date. Sheesh.

Cynthia: Agreed, but crazy, rude people are rampant now and bold. They tend to always try those that mind their own business. And areas like this, it is becoming increasingly common to hear of people snapping due to encounters like that. Sometimes I post to share certain encounters that some poor guy may read and relate when he actually sees a women he may want to approach in person and why she may come off a certain way.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 104
Posted: 4/13/2018 11:31:17 PM
Do people date in real life anymore? Everybody seems to have their nose glued to their iPhone these days.
 prettybrwneyedone
Msg: 105
Posted: 4/13/2018 11:39:32 PM

Do people date in real life anymore? Everybody seems to have their nose glued to their iPhone these days.

In a land far, far, far way...they do. It's a foreign concept, but it still exists. At least I believe it still happens - according to my friends.
 from site to sight
Msg: 106
Posted: 4/14/2018 8:10:18 AM
"At least I believe it still happens - according to my friends."

Did your friends tell you that in person, or by text message/Facebook?
 prettybrwneyedone
Msg: 107
Posted: 4/14/2018 8:27:16 AM

Did your friends tell you that in person, or by text message/Facebook?

My friends are not in the same state, we talk as I'm not into conversational text with anyone that I have a level of regard for.

You must not believe that people still date.
 Kelley300698
Msg: 108
Posted: 4/22/2018 8:43:02 PM
I meet guys all the time; mostly in college and usually, even if I have bf, I'm always looking for an upgrade. Frankly, it is easy to meet guys. If you seen a guy that you might be attracted to and if he is not out of your league and if he is not otherwise occupied, walk up to him and say, "You look like and interesting person." Guys are not like girls, if he is not interested, he may make some excuse, but he will not be rude. If he is not interested, married, or has a significant other, you only invested a few seconds to a couple of minutes of your time.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2018 10:03:41 PM

I meet guys all the time; mostly in college and usually, even if I have bf, I'm always looking for an upgrade.

If he's a BF -- that's 100% *cheating*. Not 50%, not 60%, not 99% -- but 100% Cheating. :) Again, a Boyfriend -- not a guy you're kinda seeing.
 julystorm7
Msg: 110
Posted: 4/22/2018 10:04:10 PM
That's easy to do when you're young but once you get to your 30s, over half of men are married or living with someone so there are less single men around. And a lot of the social places you went to in your like 20s are no longer cool for you to go to.
 Kelley300698
Msg: 111
Posted: 4/22/2018 10:57:20 PM

That's easy to do when you're young but once you get to your 30s, over half of men are married or living with someone so there are less single men around. And a lot of the social places you went to in your like 20s are no longer cool for you to go to.

I never gave that any thought, but it makes sense that it is true. Of course if half the men in their 30s are married so are half the women so I don't see that affecting the percentage. As for where is a good place for women age 30 or so to go, I really don't know. I knows there are lot of clubs for 21 and over, but I am not allow in them so I don't know their ages or if many are in their 30. It does seem that a lot of men in their 30s go to places I go, but I wish they wouldn't because I don't like being hit on by guys that age.
 cooldog65
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2018 1:17:41 AM

I meet guys all the time; mostly in college and usually, even if I have bf, I'm always looking for an upgrade.

Why would you ever have a boyfriend if you're always looking for an upgrade? I can't wrap my head around this.
 from site to sight
Msg: 113
Posted: 4/23/2018 4:45:44 AM
^^Would that mean she doesn't mind if any boyfriend she has is always looking for an upgrade as well?
 reverendswine
Msg: 114
Posted: 4/23/2018 4:49:11 AM
Jesus, someone check this Kelley girl's ID. She looks 9.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 115
Posted: 4/23/2018 5:14:11 AM
"if half the men in their 30's are married, half the women should be as well....a lot of those men in their 30's go to places I go, but I wish they wouldn't hit on me."

>>>and that's a reason why those men you'll meet at age 30 won't be meeting you at age 30 :)

It is more difficult to meet good singles after college, and there's a variety of reasons why. You can read the complaints and reasons why in the forums, or you can just take our word for it.

why does she have a bf yet looks for an upgrade? i'll guess she just doesn't like being alone. she may be dating a boy who has the same mindset.
 daynadaze
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2018 9:42:50 AM
At 19 you should be seeing lots of people, just don't pretend to be in an exclusive relationship with them. Have a good time, slowly figure out which kind of men you like, enjoy being young. And of course, be safe.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2018 10:25:28 AM

Why would you ever have a boyfriend if you're always looking for an upgrade? I can't wrap my head around this.

She's a cute girl, in college. It doesn't take long before you're going to hit your 'max' in what you can get for more than a ONS, if you're in her position. So why always look for an upgrade? In the end, it's variety + wanting the solidity of 'having someone', too.

That's easy to do when you're young but once you get to your 30s, over half of men are married or living with someone so there are less single men around.

There's less, but most taken people stay at home most the weekends VS early-to-mid 20s. You just have a lower % of those in your age group out and about single, although if you live in a city with a bar scene, it's not hard to find places where folks in their 30s/40s hang out who are single. Kelley isn't looking for a hubby right now, though -- which is fine. She just needs not to have a BF, because she's not ready. It's taste-testing time, actually.

I knows there are lot of clubs for 21 and over, but I am not allow in them so I don't know their ages or if many are in their 30.

The trend tends to be that there are some bars/clubs where most the age maxes out at 24-25... and some bars/clubs that have a mixture but max out around early 30s. And taverns/pubs that have total mixtures, or have a lot of older crowds where divorced folks go to. They vary. Since you're under 21, you're going to be surrounded by people who are definitely under 25, so mixing up with a 32 year old guy is going to be kinda weird -- but once you're 22 and have acquainted yourself with the bar scene, it's not going to be so weird when they look later-20s but are early-to-mid 30s. You're young, still figuring yourself out; for better or worse, your tastes will adapt as your environment does.
 hemingway234
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2018 10:34:59 AM
The vast majority of the people in my town are not my type. I'm a minority where I live.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2018 11:29:55 AM

any boyfriend she has is always looking for an upgrade as well?

A pretty easy task.
 Kelley300698
Msg: 120
Posted: 4/23/2018 9:57:07 PM

Because, like most girls, I don't like to be without a boyfriend so I latch on the first good choice, but he is probably not the best I can do so immediately I start looking an upgrade; and then when I'm certain, I pounce.

Would that mean she doesn't mind if any boyfriend she has is always looking for an upgrade as well?

That is totally different, he doesn't have that right. If I find him looking, I am going to punish him.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2018 10:19:17 PM

That is totally different, he doesn't have that right. If I find him looking, I am going to punish him.

Okay, you have to be joking. Basically, you're allowed to cheat on a BF, but he's not allowed to cheat on you, huh? :)
 julystorm7
Msg: 122
Posted: 4/23/2018 10:27:16 PM
Well, I guess there's two types of people: those that can break up with someone even if it means they'll be single, and there's those that flit from person to person, they can never handle being single. I think it's a major sign of insecurity, not being able to let go of one person until they find another to take their place. They are afraid that they won't be able to find someone they really like so they hang on to someone else they don't necessarily want to be with as a temporary backup plan.
 Kelley300698
Msg: 123
Posted: 4/24/2018 3:55:27 AM

Okay, you have to be joking. Basically, you're allowed to cheat on a BF, but he's not allowed to cheat on you, huh? :)

I don't cheat. I just flirt, dance with him if at a party. I may meet him for lunch at the student union and I may go out if I think my boyfriend won't know and if the prospects seem good they he will be my boyfriend, but I don't have sex so that's not cheating. That is what most girls do, even if they don't admit it.
 julystorm7
Msg: 124
Posted: 4/24/2018 4:59:41 AM
No, most girls don't do that. Even girls your age. You already said that you would have a problem if he did what you are doing. Obviously you aren't into this boyfriend so do him and yourself a favour and dump him. If you want to play the field, do it as a single woman.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2018 5:32:22 AM
I think nataly is back with a new schtick.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > When's the last time you met someone in real life to date?