Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > When's the last time you met someone in real life to date?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Tyro327
Msg: 176
When's the last time you met someone in real life to date?Page 8 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Trick question about 20 minutes I don't think she liked me something about her shades says she is challenge, now she was kinda busy so she just doesn't know it yet. I have a plan someday in the future I will see her when she is not so busy and then really have some fun.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 177
view profile
History
When's the last time you met someone in real life to date?
Posted: 4/27/2018 4:05:17 PM
Doesn't matter what category a guy fits into, there's a @ss for every seat. There's someone for everyone. For guys to pick on other guys for being more passive, it's ridiculous. If you're passive and get taken advantage of, you were with the wrong person.
 prettybrwneyedone
Msg: 178
This troll is a definite beta.
Posted: 4/27/2018 5:26:48 PM

After 40, all men are alphas Kelley

Surely, you're joking and you are definitely NOT any type of alpha.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2018 6:26:19 PM
FYI, For the record. BigFish, otherwise known as Marcus, former owner and creator of POF posted :

Message Restrictions
Posted: 5/19/2013 11:02:15 AM
if you are are looking for women the youngest you can search for is your age -14 this rule is only in effect if you search for women under 35. Women 18 to 21 can only be contacted by men under 30. (not fully implemented yet)

Women who are 18 come to the site to find people to date, they don't come here to find "friends" with men in their 50's. Over all for young women its just a horrible user experience as for some of them over half their messages are from men double their age. This change only effects 1.7% of first contacts between users on the site but it will make a huge difference in terms of female perception of the site.

(The "men under 30. (not fully implemented yet) comment, I believe has been in effect since this posting)
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 180
Posted: 4/27/2018 8:24:57 PM

After 40, all men are alphas Kelley

More like after 70 most men are alphas. Women on average tend to outlive men, so every nursing home has a disproportionately larger number of females than males. Older men have many options. That is, the men still interested in women and not just happy to stay home watching the game on TV.
 cooldog65
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2018 8:27:50 PM

Women who are 18 come to the site to find people to date, they don't come here to find "friends" with men in their 50's.

They do at the strip club...
 playingindirt
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2018 9:14:55 PM
I think if you want to meet a groovy guy you have to participate in things where you'll meet people. then if you don't know if he's single ask him. there's no harm in that.
I've never been one to sit by and expect the world to come to me if I wanted something. bust a move. lol it's no different if you want to meet a guy that might be interested in you.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2018 9:41:18 PM
Thanks julystorm7 post 171. When given only alpha or beta descriptions then I'd describe myself as alpha and prefer alpha men. But when given 6 categories, I'd say I'm more gamma and prefer omega or gamma men. I would, probably, not be interested in a man fitting that particular description of alpha due to *need* to be in charge and *difficulty* being along.
 Seki1949
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2018 10:00:38 PM

Nice guys are average looking guy that must spend a lot of time and money to get a girl and they must treat her good or they got no chance.

Note to self: Save on money and time. Go long, deep, and hard instantly. Chick-Babes dig it!

Returning to thread subject: About two and a half hours ago (from here on POF). Very instantaneous decision. She bought the coffee.
 Kelley300698
Msg: 185
Posted: 4/27/2018 10:02:40 PM

Women 18 to 21 can only be contacted by men under 30.

Thank you for that info. That explains why no guy age 30 or above has contacted me. And, I don't want them to except on rare occasions when it is forum related.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 186
Posted: 4/27/2018 10:11:23 PM
Not every man is going for significantly younger women. I’m only interested in women within 3-5 years of my age. I just can’t relate to younger women, as I have more life experience than they do. When I was 18 I never thought I’d find 40-year-old women attractive. When you actually reach that age things look different.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 187
Posted: 4/28/2018 9:39:25 AM
"talking to a wall is not fun..."

>>unless you love hearing yourself talk, and then walls are a God-send. that type of talker can blather all day long.

"no one can take advantage of you, without your permission"

>>>true, tho maybe people "on the spectrum" can't realize certain incidents where they are being taken advantage of. For the rest of humanity, however, if one looks closely...they are getting taken advantage of, hoping its "payment" of sorts to get something else in return. someone, for example, may continue living with toxic parents in order to get cheap room and board.

I liked July's list of personality catagories:

Alpha - leaders, need to be in charge of a group, difficulty with following or being alone
Beta - followers, difficulty being alone, need someone else to be in charge
Omega - neither lead nor follow, difficult with authority, will lead if necessary, will rebel against leader if necessary or go their own way and become a loner
Gamma - quiet leaders, will not blindly follow, will lead by example, rather than force, difficulty with being strict and disciplinary
Delta - leaders without a pack, they have leadership personalities but lack the charisma or status to be respected as a leader
Sigma - tend to rebel against leaders, they often become leaders but lack good leadership qualities, tend to rule by force and not respect

and I agree, in this modern day and age, women can be in the same catagories. they can lead a group of female friends, or a business, or with the right body, they can lead a pack of horny men around the bar and s-test them to see what variety of hoops the boys will jump thru.
 julystorm7
Msg: 188
Posted: 4/28/2018 2:19:25 PM
What is interesting about the personality types is what each needs in a partner:

MALE TYPES
Alpha - needs a woman who follows and supports them and assists them in maintaining their status as leader by being someone other males covet (Best Match: Beta or Gamma)
Beta - needs a woman who will take charge of things, including sex, finances, and household organization (Best Match: Alpha or Delta)
Omega - needs a woman who follows and supports them and can satisfy their intellectual and sexual needs but who can be independent themselves; Omega Men are most likely to be committment-phobic or have problems with emotional intimacy. (Best Match: Omega, Gamma or Delta)
Gamma - needs a woman who is a team player, someone who will work to make decisions together with him (Alpha, Omega, Gamma or Delta)
Delta - needs a woman who is a team player or who supports or follows them; Delta males are the most likely to cheat (Best Match: Alpha or Gamma or Beta)
Sigma - needs a women with poor self-esteem but who is physically beautiful, someone who will not rebel against them (Beta or Delta)
 basilisk123
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2018 3:32:07 AM
Hmmm, last time I dated was last year. It didn't end so well. Not because anyone was crazy. It was because her and I had different values. I am monogamous, and she didn't want to be. We known eachother for over a year before this, so I don't know if that counts.
 from site to sight
Msg: 190
Posted: 4/30/2018 6:17:16 AM
As far as the list of personality types (Alpha, Beta, Gamma, etc.), what is the point of the list? People can display some traits from each category at different times and circumstances. Pigeonholing people into specific slots based on a person's perception of someone else is as useful as astrologers saying that all people who are born in a specific time frame have exactly the same personality traits-no exceptions. People can have some traits that are listed in other astrological signs as well as their own. People are not machines that can be fine tuned to have specific traits to fit into a specific category.
 julystorm7
Msg: 191
Posted: 4/30/2018 6:33:30 AM
This personality type list is very fluid though. That's actually why it's a good list to look at. People can change throughout their life and sometimes this type of list helps a person figure out other people. Also, recognize why certain people just aren't right for you or you to them. And also, you can see if certain relationships relegate you to a certain type. I'm not saying follow the list like it's religion. I just wanted to point out to the people who keep referencing alpha and beta personalities that there are more than just those two types.
 daynadaze
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2018 10:37:42 AM
Have you cited where you've read this info? If you have, I've missed it. Thanks
 julystorm7
Msg: 193
Posted: 4/30/2018 11:30:36 AM
Well, I remember this stuff from reading about it before but I just did a quick Google search and there's lots of sites talking about this such as:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/themindsjournal.com/alpha-beta-omega/amp/
http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/quadras/Alpha

Keep in mind it's a spectrum with four main quadrants (alpha, beta, gamma and delta) with a third type, Sigma added which doesn't fit in the quadrant model. The first four sociotypes were designed a couple decades ago but the sigma personality hasn't been agreed upon among scholars.
 basilisk123
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2018 12:08:07 PM
These terms are silly to be honest. Like someone said, people can show different aspects of each during different times of their lives.
I am me. If you want to pigeon hole me into one of these categories, then good luck. You will find that real people are not so easy to classify. The people who made up the list are more talking out of their ass trying to sell snake oil than giving real advice. It is the same as relying on a horoscope to pick a partner.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 195
Posted: 4/30/2018 5:19:59 PM
For quite a few years, I was emotionally closed & when I was open, there he was.

I think we all come into contact with potential partners, but if we r emotionally shut down, the door cannot open :0(
 julystorm7
Msg: 196
Posted: 4/30/2018 5:33:56 PM
I never said this was meant to categorize and pigeonhole someone. It's just about looking at you as a person and figure out your own psyche. I keep seeing people in this forum reference alphas and betas and I decided to inform people the world is more than alphas and betas. It's the same as our political beliefs. There's not just left and right. The political spectrum is actually left-authoritarian, right-authoritarian, left-libertarian and right-libertarian.
 Seki1949
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2018 6:10:56 PM

they must treat her good or they got no chance.

"...they have no chance."
 basilisk123
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2018 6:18:28 PM
"I never said this was meant to categorize and pigeonhole someone. It's just about looking at you as a person and figure out your own psyche. I keep seeing people in this forum reference alphas and betas and I decided to inform people the world is more than alphas and betas. It's the same as our political beliefs. There's not just left and right. The political spectrum is actually left-authoritarian, right-authoritarian, left-libertarian and right-libertarian. "-julystorm7

I see, ok. yeah I understand what you were getting at now. I can agree that there are broad categories of personality types. I prefer the myers-brigg test to this though. I feel it is more thorough.
 julystorm7
Msg: 199
Posted: 4/30/2018 10:45:53 PM
I'm not a fan of the Myers-Brigg. It is too limited because it only deals with the individual psyche. I much prefer the group-focused dynamics of the Alpha/Beta/Gamma/Delta sociotype system which has more useful applications in my opinion. I like looking at psychology through a needs-based lens. Its probably because my background is in human ecology which is the study of human needs. A lot of psychological models and theories kind of annoy me because I think they are too high-concept.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2018 5:57:33 PM
I think meyers-brigg tells you what you already know, because you have to know yourself to answer the questions.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > When's the last time you met someone in real life to date?